• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A picks week 4

Started by stuck in between, September 16, 2017, 04:54:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

Three weeks are in the books. It's hard to believe we are over a quarter of the way through the regular season already. As the conference season starts it is becoming apparent what teams are the front runners and which ones are struggling to find a way to win. Four teams are still searching for their first win of the season. One team got its first win last week two have two under their belt and one is leading the pack with three.

Mount Ida @ Mineral Springs – The Lions have yet to be tested sitting atop the conference with a 3-0 record. Ida has outscored their opponents by an average of 30+ points so far this season. The Hornets are one of four teams that are looking for a win. Looks like Coach Bennett is having some trouble working his magic and getting that rabbit out of the hat. Rumor has it there has been some discipline problems as well. The Hornets have been in the mix in all three games losing all three by a combined 14 points. This will be the toughest competition Mineral has faced to date. Looks to me they will still be in the winless category when week 5 comes along. The Lions roll big in this one I'll take them by 21.

Foreman vs. Spring Hill – The Bears got their first win of the season and snapped a ten game losing streak excluding a forfeit from Mt. Pine last year. Did everything finally come together for them or did they catch a Genoa team looking forward a week?  I'm sure they will be trying to build on this and win their second Homecoming game of the season when they come to Foreman. The Gators are about as  hot as a team can get giving up an average of seven points per game while averaging more than 44 offensively. As long as they do not get caught sleeping or get caught up in their own Homecoming festivities they should win this one handily. Gators should take this one by 20.

Mountain Pine[/b] @ Dierks - If the Red Devils do not win another game they should still get the award for most improved team of the year coming off their second win with an impressive blowout victory over Woodlawn. The Outlaws are still searching for a W getting steamrolled so far this year with an average margin of defeat being 34. They have got to stop the bleeding, but I'm not sure catching a Mt. Pine team that is learning how to win is going to play to their favor. This one could go either way as strange as it feels I'm going to go with the Red Devils on this one by 2.

Lafayette County vs Murfreesboro – The battle of the defeated. One will get their first win and one will move to 0-4. The Cougars have showed that they can score however as good as they are at scoring they are even better at being outscored. The Rattlers are allowing a whopping 46 points a game. If adjustments aren't made this average could go up even higher. I'll take L.C. in this one by a touchdown

eldofan

LC by 3 Td's. They have a few athletes and size .

Eslim03

I definitely agree with 3 of the games but I'm really not sure about the one at Deirks. It could go either way I think. Hard to analyze Mountain pine's wins thus far and Dierks' loses.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas