• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

R.I.P. Former Razorback and Ricebird Kerry Owens

Started by SUGARTOWN, August 22, 2017, 09:50:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

This is also on the 2A board as Owens played at Clarendon before moving to Stuttgart for his senior year. I know the family pretty well and was a student at the U of A when Owens, Hall and Lloyd (all Ricebirds) started at linebacker for the Hogs in the Cotton Bowl against Troy Aikman and UCLA. Still a pretty amazing feat IMO.

So sad that he died so young, and my prayers go out to his family. The Ricebird family lost a good one.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/aug/22/kerry-owens-on-hogs-88-championship-tea/

Jacketman65

Always enjoyed watching those 3 play, amazing they all came from the same school! Yes prayers go out to his family as well as the Lion and Bird communities on the loss of a great one!  RIP

BirdNSS

Sad to hear that. Some of my first Ricebird games as a kid were watching Owens, Hall, and Loyd. Had an autographed ball with them and Coach Burke. RIP Kerry

BM22

Oh man, hated to hear such sad news. Prayers for his family, friends and the Stuttgart/Clarendon communities. That '88 Hog team was so close to playing for a possible national championship. #8 Ark (10-0) lost to #3 Miami (8-1) 16-18 in an epic game that could have gone either way. Grovey, Foster, Rouse, Russell, Horton and company were dynamic on offense. But, oh heck, that D was off the hook. So many studs: Owens, Lloyd, Hall, Martin, Crawford, Atwater, Cooney and Brothers. I think that D only gave up around 14 points a game. Great Razorback memories! RIP Kerry Owens

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas