• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dollarway to play at home

Started by goldoline, July 14, 2017, 07:18:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 19, 2017, 11:34:10 am
It was definitely dumb to start busing kids all over town. The amount of money that's been spent on that has to be outrageous. If you want your children to go to school B in stead of school A, pick your butt up and move like everyone else in the state has to do

Bingo. But that's not the case. The best thing the LRSD and PCSSD should do is dismantle. Let each district be responsible for its district through closed boundaries. If you do school choice, great. Your butt will have to have transportation. If you're not in the school zone, tough. You go to the school you're zoned for.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on July 19, 2017, 01:39:40 pm
Because. All it takes is one person to cry foul on "sensitive" subjects and it will be beaten into the ground over and over again. And Walker has made millions off of the race war in Little Rock.

NOPE! That defies logic. Can't no one person cause all this! I'm not saying Walker didn't do anything but no way no how did he do it all by himself. The narrative that this is all his fault simply is used by other willing participants in the dumpster fire and kept it going for their own personal gains. Walker is a brilliant man but no way he outsmarted every law firm in the state.

AirWarren

Quote from: zebradynasty on July 19, 2017, 01:53:37 pm
NOPE! That defies logic. Can't no one person cause all this! I'm not saying Walker didn't do anything but no way no how did he do it all by himself. The narrative that this is all his fault simply is used by other willing participants in the dumpster fire and kept it going for their own personal gains. Walker is a brilliant man but no way he outsmarted every law firm in the state.

When you keep stirring the mud on topics regarding race, religion, and gender, yes sir you can.

Law firm? Please. When you have people like the ACLU AND NAACP on your side...easy as pie.

cuckoobird

I'll agree there are probably more people keeping it going because they are getting rich too. Walker is just the lead guy

zebradynasty

July 19, 2017, 02:13:12 pm #54 Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:55:31 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: GuvHog on July 19, 2017, 01:35:05 pm
It wouldn't be a consolidation. From what I've heard, If the State closed Dollarway, the district would likely be split between WC and White Hall.

That is a new one because it seems to say that WH and WC will voluntarily take Dollarway?

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 19, 2017, 02:11:35 pm
I'll agree there are probably more people keeping it going because they are getting rich too. Walker is just the lead guy

It is. It's a huge problem across the board. But let's not pretend this isn't race driven.

That's the reason private schools and charter schools are flourishing in Little Rock and the LRSD continues to tank.

The pcssd was making strides under Guess. Let's see if this flunkie formally of the Crossett school district can keep it up.

cuckoobird

July 19, 2017, 02:16:30 pm #56 Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 02:19:33 pm by cuckoobird
I'll agree with that too! I wouldn't want my child bused across town when there is a good school down the street he/she could walk to but these idiots in charge are making it impossible for parents to have a say so they are pulling their kids out of the public system

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on July 19, 2017, 02:08:57 pm
When you keep stirring the mud on topics regarding race, religion, and gender, yes sir you can.

Law firm? Please. When you have people like the ACLU AND NAACP on your side...easy as pie.

Naw bru, people stir mud all the time and always will but hardly no one gets paid millions a dollars for 25 years for doing it!

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 19, 2017, 02:16:30 pm
I'll agree with that too! I wouldn't want my child bused across town when there is a good school down the street he/she could walk to but these idiots in charge are making it impossible for parents to have a say so they are pulling their kids out of the public system

It is what it is. Keep race driven divide stirred up and the possibilities are endless. Just look at the Little Rock public school system.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on July 19, 2017, 02:21:25 pm
It is what it is. Keep race driven divide stirred up and the possibilities are endless. Just look at the Little Rock public school system.

You seem to think that LR didn't have a race problem in how it administers it schools systems. I think that belief has added to the problem. It seems to be that people ignore the problem and think it will go away. What we see now is that having government trying to solve it may have been a mistake but that doesn't mean there wasn't or isn't a problem.

Rulesman

Quote from: GuvHog on July 19, 2017, 01:40:35 pm
It's been bantered around in the WC district for quite some time. There's been talk of it around White Hall too. My Hair Stylist is a former WH school board member.
no better place for gossip than a barber's chair.  ;D

AirWarren

Quote from: Rulesman on July 19, 2017, 03:00:30 pm
no better place for gossip than a barber's chair.  ;D

"Hair sylist", brother.....

Guv is surrounded by WC school board members.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GuvHog on July 19, 2017, 01:40:35 pm
It's been bantered around in the WC district for quite some time. There's been talk of it around White Hall too. My Hair Stylist is a former WH school board member.
Well it has to be true then.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on July 19, 2017, 02:08:57 pm

Don't you have a wall to build?

zebradynasty

Guv...you leave yourself so open you need to learn how to duck! ??? ;D ;D ;D

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on July 19, 2017, 03:10:29 pm
Don't you have a wall to build?
I'm trying to build my own wall from society.

old.dole

Guess and his lawyer would have had the 35 year suit ended in 60-90 days but some of the district lines would have to be redrawn in order to make the schools more diverse. Places like the Chenal valley heavily oppose this. Big money backs charter schools and want the pcssd to fail. In order to make sure this happens they get rid of the 2guys that we're trying and actually making some progress towards fixing pcssd

zebradynasty

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on July 19, 2017, 03:23:27 pm
I'm trying to build my own wall from society.

You're going about it all wrong then. You should stay off the message boards if you're trying to accomplish that.  :)

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 19, 2017, 03:54:55 pm
You're going about it all wrong then. You should stay off the message boards if you're trying to accomplish that.  :)

It's my "safe space".

What will the repercussions be for White Hall when the Entergy plant at White Bluff closes in a few years.  I'm asking because I have no idea but I would think it provides a fair amount of tax money for the school district.

old.dole

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas