• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville Tigers schedule

Started by Razorback Red, July 05, 2017, 02:34:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

This will be the first season that the split shows the full impact:

at KC Rockhurst (MO)
at Bixby, OK
Conway
Fayetteville
at Van Buren
Harber
Springdale
at Rogers
Heritage
at Bentonville West

Having both Fville and Harber at home this fall is big in terms of having a chance to win the conf.  Have to win at least one of them.  The battle of 102 should be more interesting in year 2 to end the regular season. 

Razorback Red

Read today where KC Rockhurst will once again be on game 3 when they host Bentonville, which will make this opening road game even more of a challenge. 

Ventman

Rob Van Winkle

Yep that is definitely a tough opener. FV travels to Blue Springs MO as well so they will face the same issue. Very tough openers for both teams and by far the toughest ones on opening weekend for any of the 7A teams.

Best of luck to both of them representing the 7A West!!!

Overdahill

Quote from: Razorback Red on August 08, 2017, 09:01:26 pm
Read today where KC Rockhurst will once again be on game 3 when they host Bentonville, which will make this opening road game even more of a challenge.

Wow, how does it happen that one team is on game 3 when the other is on game 1?

Rob Van Winkle

Because Arkansas has stood firm on starting week 1 while most states now have a week 0 or start even earlier, like Mizzo. Next year Arkansas teams can start in week 0 which only puts the state 1 week behind Missouri instead of 2.

Even with the 2 week head start Arkansas teams have faired very well against the Show Me opponents.

HarBer Dad

Talked to an acquaintance from Webb City MO he said MO is more a basketball state.  They start the FB season earlier so it doesn't run into the start of BB. Not sure if that's correct but an interesting take.

Brian G

Some real selfishness goes on.

When they tried to move first game forward a few years ago, you got a ton of gripe and it was voted down.  Heat was one of the reasons given.

When they decided it'd help to have a 0 Week, they passed it.

Same deal.

Football should start earlier as they go most of the summer anyway.  Get it over by Thanksgiving.

Just my opinion mind you.

AT

August 10, 2017, 06:24:47 pm #8 Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:03:57 pm by Almatrackster
If it was used as an excuse, I thought the heat reasoning was at least valid. I tend to think just shorten the playoffs, but that's not happening.

Lumberjackfan1978

Brian G

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 10, 2017, 06:24:47 pm
If it was used as an excuse, I thought the heat reasoning was at valid. I tend to think just shorten the playoffs, but that's not happening.
It would have gone with that but they cherry picked it where they can if they want play earlier.  Plus the heat deal is serious but they practice so much in the Summer now and 2-a-days is not the norm due to rules on that.

Razorback Red

For those that care, KC Rockhurst opens the season this Friday, Aug 18 at Columbia Rock Bridge.  This has been a relatively easy win for KC Rock the past few season.  The 2nd game will be a bit more of a challenge as they host Blue Springs South on 8/25. 

Brian G

Rob Van Winkle

Razorback Red

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on August 19, 2017, 04:44:25 pm
That was unexpected

Agreed, saw the final was 17-14.  Blue Springs South (KC Rock's next opponent) got hammered last night by Lee's Summit West. 

Razorback Red

In week 2, KC Rockhurst beat Blue Springs South 27-7. 

Razorback Red

I don't want to over-react after week 1, but wow.  Granted it was game 3 vs. game 1, but FHS figured it out.  Lots of work to do quickly or it will be a very long season for the Tigers.  Problem is next week they face an ever bigger challenge at Bixby. 

Rockstate

Quote from: Razorback Red on September 02, 2017, 06:46:21 am
I don't want to over-react after week 1, but wow.  Granted it was game 3 vs. game 1, but FHS figured it out.  Lots of work to do quickly or it will be a very long season for the Tigers.  Problem is next week they face an ever bigger challenge at Bixby.

What happened to BillyBob and Piggy?

Friday night was a beatdown...

Rob Van Winkle

Looks like Rockhirst confirmed what NLR did the prior week. The split has already had an adverse affect on BV. Things don't get any easier this week against  Bixby.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on September 03, 2017, 07:54:43 pm
Looks like Rockhirst confirmed what NLR did the prior week. The split has already had an adverse affect on BV. Things don't get any easier this week against  Bixby.
What was the final score last week?

Rob Van Winkle

HUGE win for the Tigers tonight over Bixby!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas