• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bauxite football

Started by beaverfan007, May 08, 2017, 04:29:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

theoleballcoach

I wouldn't be so sure. If he spends too much more time at Bauxite, and they don't get any better, he may have a hard time landing a bigger job. I bet he ends up sticking around for a while, or gets another job at another smaller school that may have a better chance at winning. Don't think too many big schools will take a chance on him if he continues to struggle at Bauxite.

BM22

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on June 20, 2017, 10:57:15 am
Don't count on that.  I bet he is gone as soon as he can find a job at a bigger school.
Yeah, most likely. Bauxite lost every game last year by an average of 38 points and graduated a sr class that did contribute. Gonna be another tough year followed by another tough and so on. How many of these kind of seasons can DP stomach?  With the enrollment growth and a move up to 5A in possibly 5 years, it will only get more difficult for the Miners.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: BM22 on June 24, 2017, 08:55:39 am
Yeah, most likely. Bauxite lost every game last year by an average of 38 points and graduated a sr class that did contribute. Gonna be another tough year followed by another tough and so on. How many of these kind of seasons can DP stomach?  With the enrollment growth and a move up to 5A in possibly 5 years, it will only get more difficult for the Miners.

How did Bauxite get to this point?    The program was not in decline under Coach Watson was it?

AirWarren

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on June 24, 2017, 09:22:31 am
How did Bauxite get to this point?    The program was not in decline under Coach Watson was it?

Going from 2a to 4a almost overnight. And into the 7-4a.

BM22

Quote from: AirWarren on June 24, 2017, 09:29:43 am
Yeah, that is part of it. Bauxite made a seamless transition from 2A to 3A back in 2004. They fielded one of their very best teams in '06 and '07, winning 11 games each of those years. In their 6 years in 3A, they won 48 games (avg 8 wins a year).  Watson retired after the '09 season, the Miners move up to 7-4A in 2010 and 7 years later Bauxite has logged only 10 wins (avg 1.4 wins a year).
Take a look at Fountain Lake for example, they have bounced between 7-4A and 3A the last 12 years. Back in the early 2000's, they struggled in 3A and in two seperate stints in 7-4A, totaling 6 years, they have 34 wins (avg 5.6 wins a year). They have had some nice seasons in the 7-4A conference. Ironically, back in 2009, FL won the 3A state championship in the Miners final season in 3-A. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't FL and Bauxite 2A rivals back in the 80's and 90's? My point is both schools have grown and this is not just a growth issue with the Miners. 
If Watson had been the coach up until last year, Bauxite would have more wins. Winning the conference; no. Making the playoffs occasionally; yes. In Watsons last year in '09, you could tell his team was well conditioned, spent alot of time in the weight room, and were extremely disciplined. There was a night and day difference coming into the 2010 season. Just shows how great a coach Watson was and how well he prepared his teams.  Can DP turn it around? Time will tell I guess.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on June 24, 2017, 09:29:43 am
spote on

Neckred

They looked very slow and very weak last year.  Not a good combo

beaverfan007

They have the sophomore class marked as the next potential state championship team.. Ive heard it from parents and siblings of people i work with

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beaverfan007 on July 10, 2017, 06:52:46 pm
They have the sophomore class marked as the next potential state championship team.. Ive heard it from parents and siblings of people i work with

Bauxite? Do those people realize they're not in 2A anymore?

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Ummm After what Nashville's "sophomore" class done to them last year, I highly doubt that. Stop trolling us....

~WPS~

Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on July 10, 2017, 09:17:09 pm
Ummm After what Nashville's "sophomore" class done to them last year, I highly doubt that. Stop trolling us....
Yeah Nashville won the JH game last year 47-0. Lol

Nacho

This is great! Thanks for the chuckle!

BM22

Quote from: Neckred on July 06, 2017, 11:57:10 am
They looked very slow and very weak last year.  Not a good combo
You are correct.  They did and it's not.

BM22

Lol.... I have heard and been told the exact same thing. The DP koolaid is still very concentrated. You would figure that reality has got to start sinking in.

BM22

Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on July 10, 2017, 09:17:09 pm
Naw, beaverfan isn't trolling. Haha...some of  those Miner fans wholeheartedly believe that. I saw the shirts they made for some of their HS games with my own eyes, as they were headed for 0-10. They are clearly living in the past!

BM22

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 10, 2017, 10:30:57 pm
Yeah Nashville won the JH game last year 47-0. Lol
I know. Actually heard a parent say that a payback W is coming for the Miners because that group is now in HS. Lol. To make it worse, there was no sign of the ever so slighest of grins when he said it.  Dude was dead serious. I just don't get it. The logic some of those Miner fans use continues to baffle me. Lol

AlumniLights

Quote from: BM22 on June 19, 2017, 03:25:44 am
With the limited amount of talent the Miners have, the T formation will be their best bet for sure. Need to work on fundamentals, timing, discipine and footwork. Still gonna be a tough go.

I talked to a Miner dad and he said Bauxite will go between 6-4 and 8-2 this year. Sad part is he was dead serious. Ain't happenning! Lol.  Also over heard some oldtimers, last year,  telling one of the studs from the '06-'07 teams that this current group of sophomores and juniors are the best and toughest group he has ever seen come thru Bauxite. All that former player said was "oh really".  I know that blew him away. They do have some good koolaid down there in the Pit, I guess. Another reality check is coming very soon. Lol

I need some of that koolaid right there BM22! You gotta be kidding me. 06-07 years, Bauxite had it going on. You're telling me that these kids are better than Sullivent, Wimberly, Metzger, Mathis and Dunlap...sheesh. Played there in 06, all I could hear at the end of the game in "The Pit" was "40! 40! 40!" The only reason they weren't State Champs in 06 was bc SC was loaded with talent. I believe that year started a run of championships in 3A and 4A for Shiloh. 

BM22

Quote from: AlumniLights on July 12, 2017, 04:57:49 pm
I need some of that koolaid right there BM22! You gotta be kidding me. 06-07 years, Bauxite had it going on. You're telling me that these kids are better than Sullivent, Wimberly, Metzger, Mathis and Dunlap...sheesh. Played there in 06, all I could hear at the end of the game in "The Pit" was "40! 40! 40!" The only reason they weren't State Champs in 06 was bc SC was loaded with talent. I believe that year started a run of championships in 3A and 4A for Shiloh.
Lol.. No doubt, must be some good stuff. Some of the parents/fans believe that garbage. But me, you and any knowledgeable fan knows that is not true and just wishful thinking on their part. No one on their roster comes close to the talent or mental toughness to the players that you mentioned.
Miners had 3 combined losses in the '06 and '07 seasons. One to Malvern and two to SC in the playoffs.

cuckoobird

I believe they had a tough guy on the sidelines too

BM22

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 13, 2017, 02:56:56 pm
I believe they had a tough guy on the sidelines too
Yes they did, and another one of those tough guys was on the previous staff a couple years ago. Those type of players don't come through a program very often, at least in 3A, when they played. Heck of a group for sure.

SR30

The 3a-5 Will open the season and give the miners two losses in a row on their new turf...

BM22

Quote from: SR30 on August 02, 2017, 10:28:14 pm
The 3a-5 Will open the season and give the miners two losses in a row on their new turf...
Yep. I agree. By the time the Miners get their first home win, the turf won't be new anymore.

AirWarren

They are fielding 50+ kids now. Which is an improvement.

BM22

Quote from: AirWarren on August 03, 2017, 09:55:39 pm
Yeah, good to see their numbers going up! Curious to see how well they execute their new offense.

Lumberjackfan1978

purpleswag

How many can actually play??

AirWarren

Quote from: purpleswag on August 04, 2017, 06:00:24 pm

IDGAD how many can play. 16 players to 50 something is a improvement any way you slice it.

Jimbo Morphis

Lumberjackfan1978

that's definitely an improvement

Beaver Fever

Lets see how many stay out after the 2 yards and a pile of dust is implemented. They need to stick to an offense. They have ran the spread, single wing,and now the dead t.  Three completely different schemes.  Tough to buy in when you change as soon as the kids are getting the hang of it.

Overdahill

Quote from: AirWarren on August 04, 2017, 07:23:46 pm
IDGAD how many can play. 16 players to 50 something is a improvement any way you slice it.

Its huge. practice turns into an endurance contest when there are only 16 players out there

BM22

Quote from: purpleswag on August 04, 2017, 06:00:24 pm
They are short on talent. Lots of two way players. Numbers are good, quality of depth isn't. Gonna have to rely on disipline, conditioning  and execution to have a chance, only against  FL.

Neckred

Quote from: Beaver Fever on August 05, 2017, 06:07:50 am
Lets see how many stay out after the 2 yards and a pile of dust is implemented. They need to stick to an offense. They have ran the spread, single wing,and now the dead t.  Three completely different schemes.  Tough to buy in when you change as soon as the kids are getting the hang of it.
a good coach adapts his offense to his players not his players to his offense

Lions84

August 06, 2017, 12:18:13 pm #83 Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:20:17 am by Lions84
Best of Luck to the Miners ,I hate to see this once proud program struggle so much!

BM22

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on June 24, 2017, 09:22:31 am
No, the program was in good shape when Coach Watson resigned. He went 9-3 his last year in '09. Seven years after his departure they have a total of 10 wins. Several factors contributed to the Miners demise, IMO.
First, was Watson resigning and the next coach not following the exact blueprint of Watson's success. The off season program went downhill fast. The spread offense was installed after many successful years of running the veer. Bad practice habits materialized as well. Secondly, moving up to the brutal 4A-7 has taken its toll. Thirdly, the Panthers and Hornets are both currently thriving with their respective programs. Even for playing time, who would want to transfer away from a winning program to a consisent losing one.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: BM22 on August 07, 2017, 09:19:14 am
No, the program was in good shape when Coach Watson resigned. He went 9-3 his last year in '09. Seven years after his departure they have a total of 10 wins. Several factors contributed to the Miners demise, IMO.
First, was Watson resigning and the next coach not following the exact blueprint of Watson's success. The off season program went downhill fast. The spread offense was installed after many successful years of running the veer. Bad practice habits materialized as well. Secondly, moving up to the brutal 4A-7 has taken its toll. Thirdly, the Panthers and Hornets are both currently thriving with their respective programs. Even for playing time, who would want to transfer away from a winning program to a consisent losing one.
A lot of good points there I hope the miners can get it turned around though it will take some time though

Beaver Fever

How did they new offense loOk? Did they execute it better then the spread?

Neckred

Looked better than the spread maybe but just zero talent

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas