• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question about the 5A

Started by WoodenBat, May 02, 2017, 06:17:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WoolyBear

Quote from: WoolyBear on May 04, 2017, 08:29:24 am
The East is correct

Central plays Friday at 5:00 and 7:30.

Beebe vs LRCA for 3 and 4

PA vs SH for 1 and 2

South

Winners play for 1 and 2, Losers for 3 and 4. Not sure when.

White Hall vs Magnolia

Lakeside vs Chapel

West

Winners play for 1 and 2, Losers for 3 and 4. Not sure when.

Farmington vs Greenbrier

Vilonia vs Harrison

Last night in the 5A South

White Hall 10
Magnolia   11 F

Lakeside         1
Watson Chapel 8  F

WC vs Magnolia will play for 1 & 2

WH vs Lakeside will play for 3 & 4

sevenof400

Quote from: ricepig on May 04, 2017, 05:09:37 pm
Your AD/Super/etc voted Vilonia's position on this proposal, just as they did in the Activity District last month. If you have a problem with how your representative voted for your school, then that is your school's problem, not the AAA's. There are only 20 members on the board of the AAA. The blended proposal was voted on at the annual meeting in August of 2014. It passed 94-40.

http://www.areawidenews.com/story/2109512.html

AD's/Supers/etc vote their position on an issue.  That position may or may not be representative of what the consensus of their coaching staff takes on an issue.  The whole blended conference mess is an example of this.  NOT ONE COACH I have talked to at any 5A or 6A school across several sports supported the mess the blended conference issue created.  Yet, this issue passes AAA.  You don't see a massive disconnect there? 

That's (one of) the (many) problem(s) with AAA.

RedWolf275

It's pretty clear that money is their (AAA) main objective in most decisions. New numbers still have seven classes, which is too many. Classifications with only 16 teams. Give me a break. I'd call that extremely watered down!

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 05, 2017, 10:24:45 am
AD's/Supers/etc vote their position on an issue.  That position may or may not be representative of what the consensus of their coaching staff takes on an issue.  The whole blended conference mess is an example of this.  NOT ONE COACH I have talked to at any 5A or 6A school across several sports supported the mess the blended conference issue created.  Yet, this issue passes AAA.  You don't see a massive disconnect there? 

That's (one of) the (many) problem(s) with AAA.

As I said, that's the particular schools problem. Do you think your representative voted without consulting their coaching staff? I guess now these coaches don't like taking the top 16 schools of 5A and combine them with the 16 in the 6A. What happened, and will occur, is that the majority of the schools voted to help a few of the isolated schools who had busses coming home at 1:30AM three to four hours a week. To me the simple way to solve the problem is to have Mt. Home and Siloam Springs drop to 5A and bring up Alma, and someone closer to the northeast side of the state, but good luck finding two volunteers.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: ricepig on May 04, 2017, 05:09:37 pm
Your AD/Super/etc voted Vilonia's position on this proposal, just as they did in the Activity District last month. If you have a problem with how your representative voted for your school, then that is your school's problem, not the AAA's. There are only 20 members on the board of the AAA. The blended proposal was voted on at the annual meeting in August of 2014. It passed 94-40.

http://www.areawidenews.com/story/2109512.html

You're making a circular argument. Either the AAA is ultimately responsible or not. You are arguing that the school representatives are responsible and thus absolve the AAA of any responsibility, while also arguing the member schools (and thus their voting representatives) are what make up the AAA. Either the two parties are completely separate entities or they are the same entity. If you say the member schools are the AAA, then the AAA bears responsibility. If you say the AAA bears no responsibility, you are saying the member schools are not beholden to the AAA. You can't have it both ways.

ricepig

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on May 05, 2017, 01:36:24 pm
You're making a circular argument. Either the AAA is ultimately responsible or not. You are arguing that the school representatives are responsible and thus absolve the AAA of any responsibility, while also arguing the member schools (and thus their voting representatives) are what make up the AAA. Either the two parties are completely separate entities or they are the same entity. If you say the member schools are the AAA, then the AAA bears responsibility. If you say the AAA bears no responsibility, you are saying the member schools are not beholden to the AAA. You can't have it both ways.
I'm saying the member schools make the rules for the AAA, nothing more. Of course the member schools are the AAA, your school is a member of the AAA, thus they are responsible for the decisions. What most do is blame the AAA, you know the organization with an office in NLR as you so wanted to point out, when in reality, the AAA is spread out in every school district in this state. My point, is instead of saying the AAA is to blame for this, you might need to be saying, my school is to blame for this. Got it?

sevenof400

Quote from: ricepig on May 05, 2017, 02:04:13 pm
I'm saying the member schools make the rules for the AAA, nothing more. Of course the member schools are the AAA, your school is a member of the AAA, thus they are responsible for the decisions. What most do is blame the AAA, you know the organization with an office in NLR as you so wanted to point out, when in reality, the AAA is spread out in every school district in this state. My point, is instead of saying the AAA is to blame for this, you might need to be saying, my school is to blame for this. Got it?

Welcome to my world, Chief. 

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: ricepig on May 05, 2017, 02:04:13 pm

Yep, I've got it.  The AAA is the member schools, thus the voting representatives.  This is essentially your argument -

Keeping in mind that:
AAA = member schools (which means when 'member schools' is in the equation, 'AAA' can be substituted)

So:
member schools = responsible for voting on and passing legislation
Therefore:
member schools = take blame for poor legislation
Conclusion:
AAA =/= take blame for poor legislation

???

That equation doesn't work. 

ricepig

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on May 05, 2017, 03:13:39 pm
Yep, I've got it.  The AAA is the member schools, thus the voting representatives.  This is essentially your argument -

Keeping in mind that:
AAA = member schools (which means when 'member schools' is in the equation, 'AAA' can be substituted)

So:
member schools = responsible for voting on and passing legislation
Therefore:
member schools = take blame for poor legislation
Conclusion:
AAA =/= take blame for poor legislation

???

That equation doesn't work.

It's semantics, the AAA is the member schools, simple as that. I wasn't the one trying to blame an organization who's offices are in NLR. As long as you agree that the member schools are the AAA and make their rules, then we have no differences.

When people say, "the AAA is just doing it for money", they never put the blame on their school, which is where it ultimately falls. So yes, if it makes your day, the AAA(member schools) bring all their problems on themselves, feel better?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: ricepig on May 05, 2017, 03:35:57 pm
It's semantics, the AAA is the member schools, simple as that. I wasn't the one trying to blame an organization who's offices are in NLR.

And I wasn't the one using a logical fallacy.

QuoteAs long as you agree that the member schools are the AAA and make their rules, then we have no differences.

As long as you agree the AAA should then bear responsibility (since it is the member schools), then yes, we have no differences.

QuoteWhen people say, "the AAA is just doing it for money", they never put the blame on their school, which is where it ultimately falls. So yes, if it makes your day, the AAA(member schools) bring all their problems on themselves, feel better?

Yeah I'm good. 

sevenof400

Quote from: ricepig on May 05, 2017, 03:35:57 pm
It's semantics, the AAA is the member schools, simple as that.

I sincerely wish you would put that as your sig line and wear it for eternity.

WoodenBat

Any updates on today's games? 

EagleProud

May 05, 2017, 07:07:52 pm #62 Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 07:52:48 pm by EagleProud
Vilonia boys are winning over Harrison 11-3 top of 7th
Correction:  16-3 final

WoolyBear

After tonight everything is set except the West, which will finish tomorrow.

Central:
1 Sylvan Hills
2 Pulaski Academy
3 LR Christian
4 Beebe

East:

1 GCT
2 Batesville
3 Wynne
4 Nettleton

South:

1 Magnolia
2 Watson Chapel
3 White Hall
4 Lakeside

West:

Vilonia vs Greenbrier for the 1 and 2 seed

Farmington vs Harrison for the 3 and 4 seed

WoolyBear

Quote from: WoolyBear on May 05, 2017, 11:13:56 pm
After tonight everything is set except the West, which will finish tomorrow.

Central:
1 Sylvan Hills
2 Pulaski Academy
3 LR Christian
4 Beebe

East:

1 GCT
2 Batesville
3 Wynne
4 Nettleton

South:

1 Magnolia
2 Watson Chapel
3 White Hall
4 Lakeside

West:

Vilonia vs Greenbrier for the 1 and 2 seed

Farmington vs Harrison for the 3 and 4 seed

Vilonia       9
Greenbrier 6 F

Vilonia will be 1 seed
Greenbrier the 2 seed

Haven't heard score on Farmington vs Harrison

Pantherdaddy

I saw where Greenbrier's SS was ejected Saturday vs. Vilonia.  Does that means he's out for the 1st round of state??

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ricepig on May 04, 2017, 01:16:21 pm
Well, I guess you're not the parent of a student from Siloam Springs or Mt. Home and routinely make 4hrs trips to play a game?

Siloam springs was amongst the ones to start this mess of blended conference's etc anyway.....they been complaining since before they moved up to 6a

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: WoolyBear on May 06, 2017, 04:26:44 pm
Vilonia       9
Greenbrier 6 F

Vilonia will be 1 seed
Greenbrier the 2 seed

Haven't heard score on Farmington vs Harrison

Farmington beat Harrison. Something like 15-3.

WoodenBat

Quote from: Pantherdaddy on May 07, 2017, 09:34:03 pm
I saw where Greenbrier's SS was ejected Saturday vs. Vilonia.  Does that means he's out for the 1st round of state??
Name?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas