• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Baseball Jobs

Started by OB11, April 10, 2017, 01:56:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OB11

April 10, 2017, 01:56:10 pm Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:32:58 pm by OB11
I was not planning on starting this thread quite this early but I've seen a job posting already on School Spring so decided to go ahead and get it started. If you hear of any openings (preferably ones that have been posted somewhere and not just a rumor) then post it here. I will do my best to keep the list updated.

Openings as of 6-7-17

Dumas
Fouke
Western Yell County
Paragould
Palestine-Wheatley
Manila (Filled - Derik Drewitt)
Dierks (Filled - Jarrod Fannin)
Arkadelphia
Trumann (Filled - Cody Wallis)
Mt. Home
El Dorado

RabidWolf

MonsterBaseball15

Carljung

OB11

Quote from: MonsterBaseball15 on April 14, 2017, 01:16:01 am
Fouke isn't open is it?

Has it been posted anywhere? I will take it off the OP if it is not. I'd like to avoid speculation on openings and stick to posted jobs.

RabidWolf

He submitted his resignation at the school board meeting last week.

OB11

Quote from: RabidWolf on April 15, 2017, 09:30:42 am
He submitted his resignation at the school board meeting last week.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

RabidWolf

Yes sir. Didn't mean to cause any confusion. The job has potential. Ton of talent returning. Will be an interesting watch

OB11

Western Yell County added to the list.

redbear90

Anyone have info on western yell? What's the school like? Town? Etc..

Chief_Osceola™

May 04, 2017, 03:05:34 pm #10 Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 03:07:05 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Quote from: redbear90 on May 04, 2017, 02:14:08 pm
Anyone have info on western yell? What's the school like? Town? Etc..

It's tiny.  I wouldn't say it's really a 'town' either.  More of about a half-mile stretch of road in a community called Havana, between Danville and Booneville. I'm not sure where all they draw from, maybe Belleville and Blue Mountain.  Although those kids may go to Danville & Magazine, respectively.

OB11

Updated.

Paragould has been added to the list.

Head Lion

Quote from: OB11 on May 11, 2017, 08:21:55 pm
Updated.

Paragould has been added to the list.
Really??🤔🤔🤔

OB11

Quote from: Head Lion on May 11, 2017, 09:44:57 pm
Really??🤔🤔🤔

Yep. The job is posted on the school's website. No idea where Belcher is going though. Have not heard.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Head Lion

Our coach and his asst have done an excellent job. Our record may look like a great team, but we have played 4-6A schools, 5-5A schools our 4A blended conference, Riverside 3 times, Corning twice, Walnut Ridge. We have played the hardest schedule I have ever seen us play in my life. To Belcher, yes I know what is 90% chance of happening.

dirtbagbaseball

Quote from: Head Lion on May 12, 2017, 12:00:53 pm
Our coach and his asst have done an excellent job. Our record may look like a great team, but we have played 4-6A schools, 5-5A schools our 4A blended conference, Riverside 3 times, Corning twice, Walnut Ridge. We have played the hardest schedule I have ever seen us play in my life. To Belcher, yes I know what is 90% chance of happening.

Just curious, what would he bring that your current coaches don't?

Head Lion

I didn't say he was coming to Manila, he has 2 standing offers is as far as I will go, both strong programs yearly.

OB11

Quote from: Head Lion on May 12, 2017, 01:09:41 pm
I didn't say he was coming to Manila, he has 2 standing offers is as far as I will go, both strong programs yearly.

I'm pretty sure I know one of the possibilities but not sure who the other program is.

Oldref

Quote from: Head Lion on May 12, 2017, 12:00:53 pm
HL funny how you forgot Bay off that list of tough teams you mentioned.

OB11

May 12, 2017, 01:53:19 pm #20 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 02:58:16 pm by OB11
Quote from: OB11 on May 12, 2017, 01:48:42 pm
I'm pretty sure I know one of the possibilities but not sure who the other program is.

Unless Manila is one of them. Lol

Head Lion

Quote from: Oldref on May 12, 2017, 01:50:57 pm
HL funny how you forgot Bay off that list of tough teams you mentioned.
I am sorry, we lost to a really strong Bay club as well. OR, best of luck to the Yellowjackets!

Oldref

Lol thanks HL good luck to the Lions😄👍

2fe

Not hard to figure out one of the Belcher possibilities...just wonder why it might be  happening.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on May 04, 2017, 03:05:34 pm
It's tiny.  I wouldn't say it's really a 'town' either.  More of about a half-mile stretch of road in a community called Havana, between Danville and Booneville. I'm not sure where all they draw from, maybe Belleville and Blue Mountain.  Although those kids may go to Danville & Magazine, respectively.

Havana and Belleville were the two districts that consolidated to form WYC...I don't know if blue mountain kids go to wyc or magazine...next community headed west(Waveland) for sure goes to magazine though...

OB11

Updated. Palestine-Wheatley has been added. The posting on SchoolSpring does not say whether it is head or assistant. Does anyone know?

big E

Head coach . Coach loe is leaving , Won't be a bad job the past 2 Jr. High teams only lost 3 games combined. There's not a Will Nash in the bunch but they are a scrappy bunch.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Head Lion on May 12, 2017, 01:09:41 pm

Personally, I wouldn't want Belcher. He jumps around waaaaay too much for me. Got to wonder why. Has he ever been to a state tournament?

OB11

Quote from: big E on May 18, 2017, 05:20:40 am
Head coach . Coach loe is leaving , Won't be a bad job the past 2 Jr. High teams only lost 3 games combined. There's not a Will Nash in the bunch but they are a scrappy bunch.

Thanks for the info!

Head Lion

Manila's hi school Coach Crane is moving down to jr hi(his option), he has younger kids. Board could possibly make a hi school hire tonight???

OB11

Quote from: Head Lion on May 18, 2017, 12:53:58 pm
Manila's hi school Coach Crane is moving down to jr hi(his option), he has younger kids. Board could possibly make a hi school hire tonight???

Added to the list. I knew Manila had been reaching out to potential hires for this but didn't realize they would move on it this quickly. I'm sure they are trying to avoid the debacle they had last year trying to hire someone. Any idea on who it might be?

baseballrocks7

OB11

Head Lion

Manila hires former UALR pitcher Derik Drewitt as head hi school baseball coach at tonight's meeting.

RabidWolf

Where did Coach Loe go from PW?

big E

Quote from: RabidWolf on May 19, 2017, 02:13:53 am
Where did Coach Loe go from PW?
I don't think he has a job at this point don't know that for sure. From what I have been told from people that talk to his wife every day was her Father is in poor health and she wanted to be closer to him. Anyway I wish them all the best.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Head Lion on May 18, 2017, 10:32:39 pm
Manila hires former UALR pitcher Derik Drewitt as head hi school baseball coach at tonight's meeting.

Great hire by the Lions.

Pantherdaddy

birddawg1986

I agree .... good hire for Manila. Was Marked Tree assistant baseball coach for 8 years. MT had some really good teams 2010-16. Definitely knows the game/how to coach it

OB11

It looks like Belcher from Paragould is now at Walnut Ridge. Anyone have confirmation of this?

OB11

Sheridan also has an assistant job open.

Head Lion

Quote from: birddawg1986 on May 20, 2017, 08:14:24 am
I agree .... good hire for Manila. Was Marked Tree assistant baseball coach for 8 years. MT had some really good teams 2010-16. Definitely knows the game/how to coach it
Coach was on campus today and met with the kids and diving into a summer schedule, he seems like a great fit at Manila.

Jsmith48

Add Arkadelphia to the list.

NWA Hawg

Jsmith48

OB11

Arkadelphia and Trumann added to the list.

OB11

Kelly out at Marion and Prater in?

Anyone else heard this?

birddawg1986

Dang this will be 6 different coaches for Trumann in the last 7-8 years. Program has really went down. Should have kept Scott Brown but locals wanted the home town guy gone. Was a really good coach

Pantherdaddy

any updates on these jobs or others?

BLUEBLOOD

Jarrod Fannin hired as head baseball and assistant football at Dierks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas