• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A BOYS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: Pea Ridge vs Baptist Prep(Friday 7:00)

Started by Brian G, March 04, 2017, 07:58:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this?

Pea Ridge
20 (35.7%)
Baptist Prep
36 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: March 11, 2017, 06:42:36 pm

Blue Bayou

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on March 09, 2017, 12:24:28 pm
Are the games televised this year?

I would like to know what (delay) means next to the Pea Ridge vs. BP game is about...

LRRandy

Quote from: Blue Bayou on March 09, 2017, 01:29:26 pm

I would like to know what (delay) means next to the Pea Ridge vs. BP game is about...
probably means it can be viewed after your late local news

Brian G

Gray lizard

I would like to thank the folks responsible for getting the games on TV.  I got to watch three games last night. I will watch this game tonight for sure.  I will attend the girls 4A tomorrow.

I got a kick out of the Bay coach.  Said he had to go get girls out of study hall to field a team.  I think they have won the class A girls State 5 out of the last 6 years.

prHOG13

Tiger4Life2015

It's going to be a great title game for sure. Will Pea ridge shoot the ball good enough to make it a game or possibly win is the biggest question that has been stated on here. What D will Baptist play to try to counter what Pea Ridge is doing is the other??? If I remember correctly when Pea Ridge got upset before District Prairie Grove came out in a 3-2 zone that shocked Pea Ridge and pulled the upset on a huge senior night win for PG. I think Pea Ridge has the athletes and the skill to win the game, but the odds are against them for one of the first times this year, which is also some sort of pressure that hasn't been felt by them. The other big questions I have is will the 7-footer play more inside or float outside like he has seemed to do quite often. Yes he can shoot outside, but being 7ft+ will give anyone fits! Especially any 4A team. It will be interesting and Hall needs to play big tonight for the Ridge as a deciding factor. I'm pulling for the 4A North, but don't know if they'll have quite enough to pull it off.

Baptist Prep - 52
Pea Ridge - 46

Idoknow

Quote from: Gray lizard on March 10, 2017, 08:41:25 am
I would like to thank the folks responsible for getting the games on TV.  I got to watch three games last night. I will watch this game tonight for sure.  I will attend the girls 4A tomorrow.

I got a kick out of the Bay coach.  Said he had to go get girls out of study hall to field a team.  I think they have won the class A girls State 5 out of the last 6 years.
It was Bays 1st State Championship in girls!

LRRandy

Gray lizard

Quote from: Idoknow on March 10, 2017, 10:42:31 am

It was Bays 1st State Championship in girls!

You are correct.  I guess they were talking about Wonder View.

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on March 10, 2017, 10:53:36 am
Game Day!!  Time for the repeat.

I think the experience and comfort of being there before will take over at some point.... It usually goes that way. Not saying Pea Ridge has 0% chance at all. Merely, that Baptist is obviously the better team and you can't discredit the "been there and done that" factor. Especially with a lot of the same players.

STUNNA

This game will play out alot like the football state championship.. I think pea ridge keeps it close for a half and then AB takes over

dukes424

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

28-23 BP up Half

Donnie Jamon

BP- Connor with 8, Dylan Hogan 6, McBride with 8

PR- Joey Hall 14, Kobe Rose 5

POTUS

I've been watching, and who is this other alleged other D1 player other than Vanover? I see none

eagle1

Some of worst officiating ever for a state championship game. Punishing a kid for being big. Call the holding.

BigLion10

PASS

Quote from: POTUS on March 10, 2017, 08:07:18 pm
I've been watching, and who is this other alleged other D1 player other than Vanover? I see none
you sir, have zero eye for talent if you can't see #5.

Brian G

Pea Ridge 13-21 from 3 at this point

0-0 at the line

Classic inside vs outside at the moment.

I knew this game would be good.

PASS

Pea Ridge is 13-21 from 3 point land. This is a great game by both teams. Whoever wins, will have earned the W.

POTUS

Quote from: PASS on March 10, 2017, 08:11:22 pm
you sir, have zero eye for talent if you can't see #5.

Then again.. SIU Edwardsville is Division 1 so MAYBE

POTUS

POTUS

So apparently storming the court with 4 seconds left isn't a technical?? Vanover was babied all game by the refs, can't believe this game

BigLion10

Are you crazy without him they have 0 titles the last two seasons he's carried them in HS

beach bum

Quote from: BigLion10 on March 10, 2017, 08:08:15 pm
McBride the sophomore guard #5

Exactly, that POTUS guy is not so wise considering he has two more years to develop, get taller, get stronger, and polish his game. Nobody is even close to the player they will become when they are just 15 or 16 years old. What a character that guy criticizing him is.

beach bum

Quote from: POTUS on March 10, 2017, 08:26:36 pm
So apparently storming the court with 4 seconds left isn't a technical?? Vanover was babied all game by the refs, can't believe this game

Pea Ridge shot the best they could have from the 3 point line and they still LOST by 8.... Crybaby alert crybaby alert!

beach bum

Second, looking at the stats Baptist Prep only shot 16 free throws. That really is not that much for a team with a quick guard like Mcbride and a stud post player. I have seen big teams with a slashing guard routinely get to the line 20+ times almost every other game with that combination. If Baptist Prep had 26 free throw attempts and not 16 people might take you seriously.

PASS

Quote from: POTUS on March 10, 2017, 08:20:22 pm
Then again.. SIU Edwardsville is Division 1 so MAYBE
the more you post, the worse you make yourself look.

prHOG13

Great game. PR got cold late, but played their butts off. BP has a lot of talent and hit their FT's. Hall kept it close in the first half for PR, but BP really double teamed him the rest of the way. The rest of the boys stepped up (Church, Wright, Holtgrewe, Rose) and shot lights out from 3 for 28 minutes. Would have been nice to have Caudill as a physical force down low. Extremely proud of these boys on an incredible season and by far the best team in school history. Quite the year for Blackhawk athletics.

Congrats to Baptist Prep. McBride is an absolute stud, and Vanovers length created several 2nd chance opportunities. They had to work to win this one and earned it. Congrats on back to back rings, that's extremely hard to do. Will definitely be keeping an eye on McBride as he continues to develop.

2fe

Quote from: prHOG13 on March 10, 2017, 09:18:17 pm
Great game. PR got cold late, but played their butts off. BP has a lot of talent and hit their FT's. Hall kept it close in the first half for PR, but BP really double teamed him the rest of the way. The rest of the boys stepped up (Church, Wright, Holtgrewe, Rose) and shot lights out from 3 for 28 minutes. Would have been nice to have Caudill as a physical force down low. Extremely proud of these boys on an incredible season and by far the best team in school history. Quite the year for Blackhawk athletics.

Congrats to Baptist Prep. McBride is an absolute stud, and Vanovers length created several 2nd chance opportunities. They had to work to win this one and earned it. Congrats on back to back rings, that's extremely hard to do. Will definitely be keeping an eye on McBride as he continues to develop.

PR played a great game and shot it like they had to to keep it close. Congrats to them and their coach on a great season.

People have been spoiled during the year by McBride because he just doesn't have bad games. He has a lot of great games....like 10-11 from 3 in regionals, outplaying Justice Hill and lighting the Duke signee up for 30+ earlier this year. Tonight he was mediocre for 3 qtrs, but then didn't miss in the 4th qtr and finished with 20.  He's got 2 more yrs, folks. Hope he's in Fayetteville when he's done.

pridgehog

Congrats to Baptist Prep. Pea Ridge will have to settle for being the best Public 4A team in the State! That's nothing to hang our heads about.

LRRandy

Great game to watch! Congrats to Baptist Prep on back to back state championships! Congrats to Pea Ridge on a great season. PR is a good team and fought hard, leading with 5 minutes left. PR gave themselves a chance with very good outside shooting. The difference clearly was #44 not scoring in the second half until he hit 2 ft with 24 seconds left in the game. Other PR players hit big shots but to win they needed #44 to play in the second half like he played in the first. Chalk that up to defensive adjustment by the boys from Baptist Prep. PR should be proud of their effort. Great Win! So, now on to a three peat?

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas