• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A BOYS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: Jonesboro vs El Dorado (Friday 3:30)

Started by Brian G, March 04, 2017, 07:57:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this?

Jonesboro
31 (77.5%)
El Dorado
9 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: March 10, 2017, 06:39:49 pm

Brian G

more to come

Brian G

ricepig

Razorback Red

I really hope everyone goes to social media and blasts the decision to put the 6A boys game Fri at 3:30.  Not that they care, but our top athletes in AR deserve better.  I am a 7A guy, and both the 7A game and 5A games got better time slots.  All three games feature 6 really good teams with many players that will play at the next level.  Just makes me mad that a better system cannot be figured out to showcase the talent in our state. 

sportsguy80

Quote from: Razorback Red on March 05, 2017, 05:01:22 pm
I really hope everyone goes to social media and blasts the decision to put the 6A boys game Fri at 3:30.  Not that they care, but our top athletes in AR deserve better.  I am a 7A guy, and both the 7A game and 5A games got better time slots.  All three games feature 6 really good teams with many players that will play at the next level.  Just makes me mad that a better system cannot be figured out to showcase the talent in our state.
It's embarrassing that they can't recognize how idiotic it is.

sportsguy80

A game of this magnitude deserves a better time slot. Jonesboro has the chance to finish as one of the highest nationally ranked team from Arkansas in history.

Howloween

This time slot is a joke. The #5 team IN THE COUNTRY (JHS and a very formidable opponent, I might add) and the hands down number one state tourney draw gets a late afternoon Friday game time? What is the AAA thinking? They are shooting themselves in the foot as far as attendance goes. Sure, there will be a good crowd on hand, but this would be a packed house if this was a primetime game. I am disappointed in this decision. Go 'Canes!!! I'll have to listen online.

bbfan89

The AAA has screwed up the finals every year. The kids are rushed off of the floor after a victory, the size of the venue is a joke. and simply put it seems as though the AAA and Lance Taylor try to manipulate the crowds because they have a small facility. Put the games in Verizon and pay the money they require to make it happen. Shoot, charge a few extra dollars per ticket to make it happen. A central location that accommodates a larger crowd (18,000 seats which make it three times the size of Hot Springs . Wow, what a no brainer. Could you imagine the feeling the kids would get from playing in front of a capacity crowd? Wake up AAA!

ricepig

Quote from: bbfan89 on March 05, 2017, 09:28:20 pm
The AAA has screwed up the finals every year. The kids are rushed off of the floor after a victory, the size of the venue is a joke. and simply put it seems as though the AAA and Lance Taylor try to manipulate the crowds because they have a small facility. Put the games in Verizon and pay the money they require to make it happen. Shoot, charge a few extra dollars per ticket to make it happen. A central location that accommodates a larger crowd (18,000 seats which make it three times the size of Hot Springs . Wow, what a no brainer. Could you imagine the feeling the kids would get from playing in front of a capacity crowd? Wake up AAA!

But, more time than not, it would be a crowd of 3000-3500 in a 18,000 seat arena.

Redwolves8526

I hate how championship games are on weekdays anyway. Especially when it's in the afternoon. It really is sad that crowds are an issue.

thebigshot

You have verizon arena in NLR. You have UALR in Little Rock. Split the championship games at two locations.

Friday night 7:30
UALR

Friday night
Verizon arena 7:30

Saturday noon
12:00
UALR

Saturday noon
Verizon arena

Saturday evening
UALR
7:30

Saturday evening
Verizon arena

ricepig

Quote from: thebigshot on March 06, 2017, 01:40:09 pm
You have verizon arena in NLR. You have UALR in Little Rock. Split the championship games at two locations.

Friday night 7:30
UALR

Friday night
Verizon arena 7:30

Saturday noon
UALR

Saturday noon
Verizon arena

Saturday evening
UALR

Saturday evening
Verizon arena

The cost on Verizon seems to be the hold back, from what I remember.

Lrbasketballguru

It is unreal the time of this game. School isn't even over in some places at this time! Couple that with travel time, what kids, aside from JHS and El Dorado students can come? Completely unfair to maybe the best two teams in the state. This one (I hope it still is) could have reached capacity easily.

Brian G

OB11

Jonesboro is allowing students to miss school on Friday without it counting against them.  They still have assignments they are responsible for completing online but they don't have to physically be in the building that day. 

itsslim

AAA is a joke. Anyone in their right mind would know the schedules could have been done a lot better. U have the smaller schools playing at prime times and days and the bigger schools playing earlier. They truly don't care obviously

Rick Swines

Is the game sold out? I saw some Jonesboro fans on facebook saying that.

ricepig

Quote from: Rick Swines on March 08, 2017, 06:15:45 pm

They don't sell individual game tickets, so no, it isn't sold out. Jonesboro "may" have sold their allotment they were given for a "pre-sale", that's all. The reason for all the bad times for the marquee games is the AAA is afraid it would be like last year when those with "pre-sold" tickets from Bentonville and Cabot were denied entrance from the fire marshals, due to capacity.

Redwolves8526

sgibson

Quote from: Rick Swines on March 08, 2017, 06:15:45 pm

Not sold out. Jonesboro was given an allotment (believe it was 250) to sell at the school and they did sell all those on Tuesday.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Brian G

dragondad

They don't sell individual tickets by seat #'s, but the last two years there have been games where the crowds were so large that the fire Marshall made them close the doors....and those who didn't get in, didn't get their $$ back.

Show up early

Missco

Arkansas state tournament venue is a joke. Missouri has their at the University of Missouri and TN has their's at MTSU. All finals are on Saturday's. Arkansas is one of very few states that dont have all finals on Saturday. Have the girls on 1 saturday and the boys on another or use 2 venues. Mississippi has their finals in Jackson. They play a few finals on Friday night and the rest Sat. The AAA is a joke for playing finals on a Thursday. The number of classes is also ridiculous. 

leaderofthepack10

Brian G

Jonesboro w/6 straight to start the second and lead 18-16.

Perry has 3 fouls for Eldo

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on March 06, 2017, 06:04:50 pm
It is unreal the time of this game. School isn't even over in some places at this time! Couple that with travel time, what kids, aside from JHS and El Dorado students can come? Completely unfair to maybe the best two teams in the state. This one (I hope it still is) could have reached capacity easily.

Eldo let out early and I hear they bussed any students that wanted to attend up to the game.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Missco on March 09, 2017, 11:04:38 pm
Arkansas state tournament venue is a joke. Missouri has their at the University of Missouri and TN has their's at MTSU. All finals are on Saturday's. Arkansas is one of very few states that dont have all finals on Saturday. Have the girls on 1 saturday and the boys on another or use 2 venues. Mississippi has their finals in Jackson. They play a few finals on Friday night and the rest Sat. The AAA is a joke for playing finals on a Thursday. The number of classes is also ridiculous.
Mississippi has 6 classifications and play Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Their 1A boys championship was Thursday at 3:00 pm. Their 2A boys championship is today, Friday at 3:00 pm. 3A boys is tomorrow, Saturday at 3 pm. Their 4A was yesterday, Thursday at 8:00 pm. Their 5A boys championship is today at 8 pm. And finally their 6A boys championship is tomorrow, Saturday at 8pm.
Do I think the AAA has issues yes. Do I think splitting the venues and making parents decided which child to cheer for if girls play in a different place then boys, no way. There is no easy fix for this. Maybe split up weekends, but then kids wanting to play baseball or softball or track suffer more. But please if you throw out things of what other states do, do your research. It took me 2 minutes to look up the schedule for Mississippi.

mtindian42

Brian G

Right now, no one can get in.

Baptist Prep players are stuck and can't come in.  Some AAA members are stuck outside themselves.

Should clear up a bit after this game but bad deal for fans and teams for next few hours that have not played yet.

Missco

Well i knew mississippi used to not play on Thursday. I know I am right on spot with MO and  TN

Missco

No excuse to play in an arena that small. How many other states do that?

mtindian42

Missco

They are just better than El Dorado. They have played well in the 2nd half.

mtindian42

Brian G

ricepig

Another double digit win for the Canes, when playing the best teams on their schedule. Probably the best game this year as a fan to watch was the Springfield Kickapoo game in the finals of the Hurricane Classic, 80-76.

Rulesman

Quote from: Howloween on March 05, 2017, 08:58:45 pm
They are shooting themselves in the foot as far as attendance goes. Sure, there will be a good crowd on hand, but this would be a packed house if this was a primetime game.
Arena capacity: 6,500. Turnstile attendance: 6,474. So for 26 people they shot themselves in the foot? ???

Brian G

Quote from: Rulesman on March 10, 2017, 05:28:16 pm
Arena capacity: 6,500. Turnstile attendance: 6,474. So for 26 people they shot themselves in the foot? ???
It was packed. They turned people and teams away wanting to come for the following games

Full is full.

BoxNOne

Congrats to JHS on a state championship and undefeated season!

bleudog

ISU7

Rulesman

Quote from: B.G. on March 10, 2017, 05:39:52 pm
It was packed. They turned people and teams away wanting to come for the following games

Full is full.

No dispute there. I'm waiting for Howloween to respond since he/she was so sure an early tip would kill the gate. NOT!

ricepig

Quote from: Rulesman on March 10, 2017, 09:17:42 pm
No dispute there. I'm waiting for Howloween to respond since he/she was so sure an early tip would kill the gate. NOT!

The size of the arena killed the gate, lol.

Howloween

Quote from: Rulesman on March 10, 2017, 09:17:42 pm

Wait no longer. I will be the first to admit I was wrong in my Sunday post. I now know why the game was scheduled when it was. The 3:30 time was to assure all of the El Dorado & Jonesboro fans could be seated. If there were games before this one the fans would stay in the arena and seating would be limited. I was just aggravated I guess because I knew a lot of working folks wouldn't be able to make that tipoff.

With that said, WOW, what a season for the Hurricane. Congrats to them.

Redwolves8526

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas