• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A GIRLS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: Wonderview vs Bay(Thursday 7:00)

Started by Brian G, March 04, 2017, 07:47:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this?

Wonderview
40 (67.8%)
Bay
19 (32.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: March 11, 2017, 06:47:35 pm

Thechosen1

Quote from: 94hogs on March 09, 2017, 05:05:47 pm
Without Dodson, Norfork doesn't make semi-finals.
And next year without acklin y'all might not even make semis. She lead the comeback. Dodson not good enough to do it herself.

94hogs

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 09, 2017, 05:09:01 pm
And next year without acklin y'all might not even make semis. She lead the comeback. Dodson not good enough to do it herself.
Wow horsefeathers. Are you seriously letting this pos stay on ff?! Wow! Dude! Herself?! Did you not see Norfork? There is more to a team than scorers. They had an amazing defense & acklin wasnt the high scorer every game.

Thechosen1

Quote from: John M. on March 09, 2017, 05:08:14 pm
TheChosen1........the fan that makes all of Bay cringe at the sight of his posts......
Man I could honestly careless what you say Johnny boy lol. You're just trying to make everyone like you, I'm not.

Thechosen1

Quote from: 94hogs on March 09, 2017, 05:11:50 pm
Wow horsefeathers. Are you seriously letting this pos stay on ff?! Wow!
Not nice to call people a pos. That's hurtful.

94hogs

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 09, 2017, 05:14:16 pm
Not nice to call people a pos. That's hurtful.
I dont trash teenage girls. You. Disgust. Me.

Thechosen1

Boone

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 09, 2017, 05:02:33 pm
I also don't care how many points was scored in a qtr you still lost. Play 4.

maybe you should tell that to the boysteam at Bay.  They might still be pplaying too. 

Thechosen1

Quote from: Boone on March 09, 2017, 05:21:16 pm
maybe you should tell that to the boysteam at Bay.  They might still be pplaying too.
This is the state championship girls thread booner boy.

94hogs

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 09, 2017, 05:24:31 pm
This is the state championship girls thread booner boy.
Nah. Uve turned it into the lets call out 16 yr old girls & feel big trashtalkin about kids.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 94hogs on March 09, 2017, 05:11:50 pm
Wow horsefeathers. Are you seriously letting this pos stay on ff?! Wow! Dude! Herself?! Did you not see Norfork? There is more to a team than scorers. They had an amazing defense & acklin wasnt the high scorer every game.

From what I've skimmed through, posting opinions are completely within the scope of the rules.....Calling someone a pos isn't....

Btw.....I have that moderator tag under my name....Not admin, I can't ban anyone....Just delete/edit posts and sticky threads

HorseFeathers

Also.....If you feel something does cross a line report it....I'm working 12 hour shifts here lately, so not a lot of time to read these....And not sure how much the other moderators do read it...

So.....3....2.....1....Back to Wonderview vs Bay.....And Go!

94hogs

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 09, 2017, 05:39:43 pm
From what I've skimmed through, posting opinions are completely within the scope of the rules.....Calling someone a pos isn't....

Btw.....I have that moderator tag under my name....Not admin, I can't ban anyone....Just delete/edit posts and sticky threads
My bad. I wasnt clear on the calling out the players. They are kids and all. Apologies for the pos lol.

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 09, 2017, 05:04:55 pm
After watching them earlier this year I had changed my opinion of them....If that helps haha
i feel much better. Ha. Just messing with ya. They had a great run

Boone

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 09, 2017, 05:09:01 pm

see that's what made Norfork special.  They were true teammates.  They don't have to have one player do it all.  Dodson is better than any player on the Bay roster.

94hogs

HorseFeathers

March 09, 2017, 06:36:10 pm #116 Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:38:07 pm by HorseFeathers
Quote from: 94hogs on March 09, 2017, 05:46:26 pm
My bad. I wasnt clear on the calling out the players. They are kids and all. Apologies for the pos lol.

IMO....So long as it stays in context of the game...I have removed posts in the past(my own included) that people have asked me too. Now when they start personally going after them for character reasons I try to get rid of that...

Anyway....I've put my two cents on y'all now I'll put my 3 pennies in about the game..For anyone to single out a single player for the first 3 quarters is somewhat asinine....For whatever reason the norfork team that showed up there wasn't close to what I seen in Harrison(NAC) or at their place in district finals. They weren't hitting shots, free throws or playing the defense I had seen in the other two games....

I'll go on in saying Singling out a player(Dodson) that scores 20+ in a semi final game probably close to 10 boards, a few steals...And scored 12 in that 4th quarter alone is reaching for straws....

I'm not sure who's coming back next year for the Panthers....But Dodson, Dillard, and McGowan will be enough for them to be solid again, perhaps another deep run....

And those that criticize Simon....He's been to the semi finals dating back 7 seasons now...At two different schools....Wish I could be overrated like that....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 94hogs on March 09, 2017, 05:56:43 pm
Noone with a link for the game?

I'm sure 101.7 kvom is streaming a radio feed....And local channel 38 out of Little Rock is broadcasting the games....Or nfhsnetwork.com with a $10 monthly subscription that you can cancel at anytime are your options

Moonshiner

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 09, 2017, 06:36:10 pm
IMO....So long as it stays in context of the game...I have removed posts in the past(my own included) that people have asked me too. Now when they start personally going after them for character reasons I try to get rid of that...

Anyway....I've put my two cents on y'all now I'll put my 3 pennies in about the game..For anyone to single out a single player for the first 3 quarters is somewhat asinine....For whatever reason the norfork team that showed up there wasn't close to what I seen in Harrison(NAC) or at their place in district finals. They weren't hitting shots, free throws or playing the defense I had seen in the other two games....

I'll go on in saying Singling out a player(Dodson) that scores 20+ in a semi final game probably close to 10 boards, a few steals...And scored 12 in that 4th quarter alone is reaching for straws....

I'm not sure who's coming back next year for the Panthers....But Dodson, Dillard, and McGowan will be enough for them to be solid again, perhaps another deep run....

And those that criticize Simon....He's been to the semi finals dating back 7 seasons now...At two different schools....Wish I could be overrated like that....

Very well said.

Thechosen1

HorseFeathers

Thechosen1

HorseFeathers

I hear the crows frantically squawking in the kitchen.....

Captain General

HorseFeathers

Thechosen1

21-14 half. Bay. Stopped rebounding. Zimmerman is frustrated.

HorseFeathers

Pastor Penguin

Do my eyes deceive me or do I see 2 region 3 refs out there right now? lol

SackAttack

Watching this on the tube!1 Is this really the best two teams we have to offer?? Good Lord one of these two is going to win a championship. Sad state of girls basketball!

Brian G

Quote from: SackAttack on March 09, 2017, 08:22:16 pm
Watching this on the tube!1 Is this really the best two teams we have to offer?? Good Lord one of these two is going to win a championship. Sad state of girls basketball!
Really?

How about just enjoying the fact these girls will remember this game the rest of their lives.

LHHC

SackAttack

Quote from: B.G. on March 09, 2017, 08:28:36 pm
Really?

How about just enjoying the fact these girls will remember this game the rest of their lives.
Sorry about expressing an opinion on a discussion board! My bad!

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

Quote from: B.G. on March 09, 2017, 08:28:36 pm
Really?

Ha.... Positive comments out of most of these guys is a pipe dream

Brian G

Quote from: SackAttack on March 09, 2017, 08:37:22 pm
Sorry about expressing an opinion on a discussion board! My bad!
Just tacky is all.

It's a final.  Doesn't have to art.

HorseFeathers

Brian G

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 09, 2017, 08:43:18 pm
Ha.... Positive comments out of most of these guys is a pipe dream
I can fix that.  Probably will.

Their next few will decided their fate.

30-29  Bay's gone scoreless with under 3:00 to go.

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

bhartgen

Bay 40
WV 35
Final.
Bay YellowJackets State CHAMPS!!!!!

HorseFeathers

SackAttack

Quote from: BigLion10 on March 09, 2017, 08:37:59 pm
They've been bad all day lol
Did I just hear the announcer say that bay has won four of the last five girls state championships? Serious question!! Wanna make sure I heard it right

Hero of Twin Groves

I'm just curious why do the comments have to be positive? Don't think earlier comments that were made were particularly negative just a statement. I mean wonderview did just go 0-17 from three. Great job getting there and a good season, doesn't mean that it is good basketball IMO

BigLion10

You did I thought it was Lanny at first I was fixing to get on him lol buts it not

bhartgen

Moonshiner

Congrats to the girls and their parents from Bay.  Chosen 1 is still a druT though.

Bluekatz12

Quote from: LHHC on March 09, 2017, 08:35:18 pm
These announcers are horrendous

+1, pat Bradley just had to go to work for the SEC network...

Gcmoney22

Congrats to Bay. Wish it would have been Norfork playing against again them but credit where its due! Bay had the hardest road to state and came out with the last win on the season. There is a lot of good things in store for that young team.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on March 09, 2017, 08:58:12 pm
I'm just curious why do the comments have to be positive? Don't think earlier comments that were made were particularly negative just a statement. I mean wonderview did just go 0-17 from three. Great job getting there and a good season, doesn't mean that it is good basketball IMO

Not necessarily all have to be positive.... But it becomes apparent when someone has an agenda....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas