• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shirley vs Kirby II

Started by BannerChaser95, March 02, 2017, 05:35:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

Who you got? Going to be a barn burner

FaceInTheCrowd

Did Kirby win by 3 last time?

BlueDevilFan

No 2 with last second shot.

Kirby is a good team, however on a neutral Shirley would have won that one.

Bottom line game should and will be a tough battle for both teams.

HorseFeathers

BlueDevilFan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 02, 2017, 05:38:57 pm
Refs by 1

They officials did a fine job up till the last two minutes of that game and then they missed a couple of calls that turned the tide, they are human and it happens.  I'm not going to imply home cooking, but playing on your home court with a good crowd backing you, the Devil Nation did travel well to that match up however home court advantage and all that you know.

BannerChaser95

thebigman3

Got Shirley by 5. I think if they win this one they're in the State Finals for sure. They've had an easy road there IMO

BannerMountainMan

It's a toss up..heard Kirby played great today

J.D.

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 02, 2017, 06:16:34 pm
Got Shirley by 5. I think if they win this one they're in the State Finals for sure. They've had an easy road there IMO

I wouldn't consider Kirby an easy team to get by.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Daddy eagle on March 02, 2017, 06:19:11 pm
They all are terrible imo

We know, we know wsgf is the best team in state..

deep purple

thebigman3

Quote from: J.D. on March 02, 2017, 06:18:12 pm
I wouldn't consider Kirby an easy team to get by.
Wasn't meaning they are easy. But that side of the bracket is most definitely easy. These are the two best teams on that side. Shirley, in my mind, will get the win.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 02, 2017, 06:26:29 pm
Wasn't meaning they are easy. But that side of the bracket is most definitely easy. These are the two best teams on that side. Shirley, in my mind, will get the win.
Wouldn't consider this side "Easy". ICC isn't bad, by far biggest team in state. I mean you have Marvell guy and county line on one side. Kirby Shirley and ICC on another.

Southern_wind

J.D.

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 02, 2017, 06:26:29 pm

Wait, you mean there is a hard side?

thebigman3

Quote from: J.D. on March 02, 2017, 06:34:52 pm
Marvell, Bay, Nevada, Guy, And County Line are all on one side. Don't know why y'all aren't talking about Nevada on here. The quadrant ICC is in i could name some Junior high teams that are better than those teams. Shirley and Kirby are the best teams on that side. Shirley, IMO, is the best team.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 02, 2017, 07:10:08 pm
Marvell, Bay, Nevada, Guy, And County Line are all on one side. Don't know why y'all aren't talking about Nevada on here. The quadrant ICC is in i could name some Junior high teams that are better than those teams. Shirley and Kirby are the best teams on that side. Shirley, IMO, is the best team.
Nevada beat Bradley by 3, but you're high in Nevada and apparently some jr high teams could beat Bradley?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: J.D. on March 02, 2017, 06:34:52 pm

Well compared to your glory days there isn't....

Eslim03

I have no dog in the fight but if Kirby plays like I've seen them this year when they play to there capabilities. They will get by Shirley and possibly cut the nets down next week.

SackAttack

Quote from: Daddy eagle on March 02, 2017, 06:19:11 pm
They all are terrible imo
I agree they are. I took a little break from the action mid afternoon to run over to Uncle Coys place aka The Shack Attack and the place was packed but when I got back I found out that I missed a couple of jv quality games. So if you get bored run over grab a burger and talk hoops with Uncle Coy and plus hes a big Fearless guy. Cant beat the burgers and grab a malt on the way out! Hopefully games tomorrow will be better now that the jv squads are out of the way!

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 02, 2017, 07:14:36 pm
Nevada beat Bradley by 3, but you're high in Nevada and apparently some jr high teams could beat Bradley?
Nevada also beat JLH and those boys are good! Don't know nothing about Bradley besides they in a weak conference. Win by 1 win by 100 a dub is a dub sir.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 02, 2017, 08:03:23 pm
Nevada also beat JLH and those boys are good! Don't know nothing about Bradley besides they in a weak conference. Win by 1 win by 100 a dub is a dub sir.
JLH didn't have 2 players for that road trip.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 02, 2017, 08:25:01 pm
JLH didn't have 2 players for that road trip.
This could also be true. I've heard their team seems to change up a lot.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 02, 2017, 08:27:02 pm
This could also be true. I've heard their team seems to change up a lot.
was told they didn't even make the trip. Not sure as to why. But they didn't, Kirby won at Nevada without best player. That's the reason I'm not giving them to much credit on their record. However that's me and everyone will have a different opinion. Anyways the game tomorrow is Kirby and Shirley

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 02, 2017, 08:37:26 pm
was told they didn't even make the trip. Not sure as to why. But they didn't, Kirby won at Nevada without best player. That's the reason I'm not giving them to much credit on their record. However that's me and everyone will have a different opinion. Anyways the game tomorrow is Kirby and Shirley

We'll now more about Nevada by 10:30 tonight 8)

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 02, 2017, 08:39:12 pm
We'll now more about Nevada by 10:30 tonight 8)
Very true. Can someone keep us updated on the score?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 02, 2017, 08:41:35 pm
Very true. Can someone keep us updated on the score?

I would volunteer....But my bed time is 8....Oops....

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 02, 2017, 08:43:56 pm
I would volunteer....But my bed time is 8....Oops....
gotta make that money

HorseFeathers

PeedeecreekBoy99

I will be in the stands tomorrow at 2:30 along with some good company! Go shirley blue devils

thebigman3

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on March 02, 2017, 09:19:00 pm
I will be in the stands tomorrow at 2:30 along with some good company! Go shirley blue devils
I will be in the stands as well.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 02, 2017, 09:27:04 pm
I will be in the stands as well.
The visitors side will be packed as well. Myself included.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 02, 2017, 09:27:57 pm
The visitors side will be packed as well. Myself included.
I probably won't be there at 2:30, but I'll show up with a big group at around 3ish

PeedeecreekBoy99

Save me a seat, ill buy the popcorn

thebigman3

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on March 02, 2017, 09:39:32 pm
Save me a seat, ill buy the popcorn
Okay bro. I'll hold up a sign that says PeedeecreekBoy99

BannerMountainMan

thebigman3

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 02, 2017, 09:56:55 pm
Sounds like no popcorn for you then lol
im lying why the heck would I miss the biggest game of the year so far

Bigleague

Biggest game of the year is when you had to go the length of the floor in 5 sec to get a bucket to even make the state tournament

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 02, 2017, 09:58:09 pm
im lying why the heck would I miss the biggest game of the year so far
It is definitely the biggest game of the year for both teams so far!

thebigman3

Quote from: Bigleague on March 02, 2017, 10:01:04 pm
Biggest game of the year is when you had to go the length of the floor in 5 sec to get a bucket to even make the state tournament
+1

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Bigleague on March 02, 2017, 10:01:04 pm
not many teams could do that I know..it's pretty dang good..thanks for the compliment

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on March 02, 2017, 05:38:24 pm
No 2 with last second shot.

Kirby is a good team, however on a neutral Shirley would have won that one.

Bottom line game should and will be a tough battle for both teams.
It was a 3 point game btw not to split hairs

BlueDevilFan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 02, 2017, 10:18:44 pm
It was a 3 point game btw not to split hairs

Sorry 3 point game, you are correct.

I will be there today, and I will be cheering my team on.  At this stage of the tournament there are no losers just those that make more buckets they are all winners if you ask me, well except Guy I have some serious issues with that whole program.

BannerChaser95

In my honest opinion, the winner of this game has a legitimate chance to take the gold trophy home. Pending an outstanding game by someone in the semi's. I feel the winner of this game advances to Hot Springs.

SlamminAllStar

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on March 03, 2017, 05:48:12 am
Sorry 3 point game, you are correct.

I will be there today, and I will be cheering my team on.  At this stage of the tournament there are no losers just those that make more buckets they are all winners if you ask me, well except Guy I have some serious issues with that whole program.
If you lose the game you are a loser!  Period!

SackAttack

Quote from: Daddy eagle on March 03, 2017, 08:01:14 am
i remember whatching jd ride the pine
Yes he obviously played for a coach that just didnt understand greatness but hey I hear hes having a stellar city league career

Captain General

Quote from: Daddy eagle on March 03, 2017, 08:01:14 am
i remember whatching jd ride the pine

That team was so good none of Greers Ferry's team would have been allowed to even look at "the pine". Especially your beloved Carlton boy lol

J.D.

J.D.

Quote from: SackAttack on March 03, 2017, 08:37:11 am
Yes he obviously played for a coach that just didnt understand greatness but hey I hear hes having a stellar city league career

#cityleaguehoopsmatter

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas