• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Class A Early Top 5

Started by SlamminAllStar, March 02, 2017, 12:06:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Robert_Dorfenshootze on March 14, 2017, 10:39:46 pm
gamechanger, I've noticed on several of your posts you seem to be very negative against Concord. While I hope my Mustangs can continue to play strong and get better and be contenders, to keep saying Concord can't or won't this or that is really frustrating for me to see. I hate seeing kids get dogged on when they are clearly a very good team. Talent-wise, I'd say Concord could contend at any level several classifications higher as well. They are loaded.
And it's one of those years where I wouldn't be surprised if Concord is good enough, with the right matchup, to beat someone in run-rule fashion even late in the state tournament.
Appreciate the comments Rob. These girls are hungry to finally get the job done. They have a challenging schedule to prepare themselves for another deep run. Got Rose Bud, Bald Knob, Pangburn twice, and playing in the Ozark Classic in Harrison as the smallest school in the field. There is still much depth and experience on this team and I hope they can get the job done this time around.

SlamminAllStar

Quote from: gamechanger11 on March 03, 2017, 09:20:29 pm
Pretty sure papa is a troll. Stories I hear from Cleburne county is all parents think their kid is best so I don't see con making a run as they have last couple years.
Armorel is probably who I would pick with what I have heard.
here are top teams in no order

Mt ida
Dierks
Armorel
Scranton
Midland
Woodlawn
Wonderview
Concord
South side
Taylor
Pretty sure Gamechanger is a really unhappy parent or a fan of a rival school.  I'm sure he doesn't like the success of the other kids or hates that school.  I heard Midland had a good group of girls. Somebody told me that the Midland Wonderview game was in the snow?  Is that true?  Pretty cool if it was

SackAttack

Didnt gamechanger hate on concord basketball too? And didnt I read where their girls went to the state tournament for the first time in school history? That momentum of success ought to carry right over in to softball if its some of the same girls playing? Success breeds success! Am I right?Gamechanger must be a disgruntled fan or a troll trying to plant the seeds of discord to help his chosen team!

MUSTANG99

Midland Wonderview game was snowing and cold! Concord should be team to beat there pretty solid group! Midlands future looks bright 6 starters are freshman.

SlamminAllStar

Quote from: MUSTANG99 on March 16, 2017, 09:09:27 am
Midland Wonderview game was snowing and cold! Concord should be team to beat there pretty solid group! Midlands future looks bright 6 starters are freshman.
Thats what I've heard.  Lots of young talent there and at Concord.  Are both the really good pitchers for Concord and Midland Srs?  Heard both of them are playing college ball or have offers. 

MUSTANG99

Both have 1 sr Midlands sr been hurt but threw first pitchs of yr at wonderview in last 3 innings other is a freshman. think Concords other is a so maybe a jr.

MUSTANG99

Midlands playing for Lyon but not as a pitcher

SlamminAllStar

Oh ok thanks Mustang I thought the one going to Lyon was a pitcher!  When does Midland play Concord?

MUSTANG99

Quote from: SlamminAllStar on March 16, 2017, 10:15:44 am
Oh ok thanks Mustang I thought the one going to Lyon was a pitcher!  When does Midland play Concord?
She is but rather play ss or 3rd. 3/30 at Midland 4/18 at Concord.

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Wow, just saw Concord girls already have a loss. As much as I hate to see someone so seemingly cynical be right about something, maybe gamechanger knew what he was talking about. Can't imagine Hector was expected to beat Concord.

gamechanger11

Not so sure about that ROB. Hector lost in the 2a finals last year 2-1 and return everyone. So that game probably went to way it was supposed to.

MUSTANG99

Yea Hector has got a good team! Not a bad loss for Concord at all!

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: MUSTANG99 on March 17, 2017, 09:26:56 am
Yea Hector has got a good team! Not a bad loss for Concord at all!
[/quote

If you guys insist. I wasn't sure what Hector had coming back.
I'm really looking forward to our game with concord in a couple of weeks. Should be a fun one. Even though I think they're ahead of where we are right now experience-wise, I'm hoping we make a good showing and just maybe even pull off the upset.

gamechanger11

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: gamechanger11 on March 17, 2017, 09:44:30 am
Probably will Rob.

Have you seen either us or Concord play yet, changer?

BasketballNeverStops

Concord-5 (4-1)
Berryville-1

vtown1

After playing Taylor last night in the finals of the D-Mac gold bracket, I would have to believe that they would be in the conversation for 1A.  They can really hit and I was impressed with their pitcher as well, someone told me she was a freshman?? Good luck to Taylor the rest of the way!

Wilcat43

Concord is legit you heard it here first!!!!

Bomb_Squad12

After watching Taylor play in the gold bracket this weekend they will for sure be in the run for the title. They have got a freshman pitcher throwing 60 and some good bats backing it up. Defense is also pretty solid.

WHITEchicken

Girl from Taylor is not throwing 60. She might have thrown 60 throwing as hard as she could while not worrying about accuracy but not actually pitching. People kill me with their speed quotes. I saw her this year and she is pitching about low to mid 50s

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Anytime someone says a a pitcher throws this or that always subtract 3-5 mph....general rule

littlec2964

Don't know how accurate it was but the radar gun at hope showed her throwing 57-59 consistently.

vtown1

Quote from: littlec2964 on March 20, 2017, 12:19:55 pm
Don't know how accurate it was but the radar gun at hope showed her throwing 57-59 consistently.
This is an accurate statement. I watched her pitch against Ozark Friday night and then against us Saturday night. Radar gun was consistently showing 57-59, while it may not be 60 it's closer to 60 than it is "low 50's".

WHITEchicken

Not 60 but faster than I would have guessed.

vtown1

March 20, 2017, 03:39:56 pm #74 Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:41:36 pm by vtown1
Either way, good for a freshman and hope she continues to develop throughout her career

littlec2964

Thanks vtown1. I'm glad our girls had the opportunity to play against such a quality bunch of girls that showed nothing but class. Never seen the winning coach come over and talk to the losing team after a game but that's exactly what your coach did. Again, thanks.

WHITEchicken

She is a good freshman pitcher. No doubt

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas