• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEA Baseball

Started by OB11, March 02, 2017, 10:48:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RedWolf275

March 17, 2017, 06:25:52 pm #100 Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 07:50:48 pm by RedWolf275

RedWolf275

Quote from: Nomad1324 on March 17, 2017, 10:08:44 am
Any teams staying around here and playing over the Spring Break? I'm going to be free a couple of days and would like to see some good baseball over the week.

Riverside schedule has a home doubleheader next Thurs. Game 1 vs Rivercrest at 1:00 with Brookland to follow.

TheSpecial

Different to see a team have quite a few pitchers soak up a lot of innings, and be effective as it seems they're winning in bunches. Pokey is growing together as a team, still have some learning at the plate.

T-Bone

Varsity
Bald Knob 1
Jonesboro 11
In 5 innings.

Junior Varsity
Bald Knob 0
Jonesboro 9
In 5 innings.

Nomad1324

Quote from: TheSpecial on March 17, 2017, 07:23:28 pm
Different to see a team have quite a few pitchers soak up a lot of innings, and be effective as it seems they're winning in bunches. Pokey is growing together as a team, still have some learning at the plate.

Sounds like it was a good game. Pitching duel?

TheSpecial

Brookland stopped everything put into play it seemed, our Pitcher battled and threw a great game. Hats off to both sides.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: TheSpecial on March 18, 2017, 01:15:21 pm
Brookland stopped everything put into play it seemed, our Pitcher battled and threw a great game. Hats off to both sides.

I agree, great game

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland At Trumann moved to Monday 1pm

MrBackup10

Pocahontas seemed good defensively and on the mound against Brookland. But like it has been so far this season, the bats weren't where they need to be. Had runners in scoring position and couldn't get them in.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 11
Trumann 2
Top of 3rd

NEA Razorback olfan

March 20, 2017, 03:46:07 pm #110 Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:08:02 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland 14
Trumann 5
F

Trevin Winkles pitched 4.2 innings 3ks
For his first win
Landon Jones and Ethan Allred 4 & 3 RBI's

jacketman

Tuckerman 3
Bay 13

Final

MrBackup10

Pokey blew an 8-0 lead to Walnut Ridge. Lost 9-8.

ricepig

Jonesboro defeats Arnold H.S. of Panama City in the PC Invitational, 8-6 in 9 innings.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: ricepig on March 20, 2017, 10:08:55 pm
Jonesboro defeats Arnold H.S. of Panama City in the PC Invitational, 8-6 in 9 innings.

Congrats !! Great Job!!

ricepig

Jonesboro loses to Goodpasture Christian(Madison, TN) 8-2.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on March 20, 2017, 10:08:55 pm

I was not there but followed Iscore.  It is my understanding Arnold H.S. is supposed to be a decent team.  It was a good win.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on March 21, 2017, 03:39:54 pm
Jonesboro loses to Goodpasture Christian(Madison, TN) 8-2.

As mentioned in the other post I am not there but follow through Iscore.  Not sure about this team.  I hear this team may not be the same caliber as the other we beat yesterday but they hit well.  I do not know anything about them other than what some there told me.  The first pitcher for them I was told was pretty darn good.  It will be a long week in pitching for all the teams down there since 4 games in a row.  I really wonder about the fourth day and what many will have.  Somewhat expect the last games of the week to be pretty high scoring games overall.

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on March 21, 2017, 05:16:03 pm
As mentioned in the other post I am not there but follow through Iscore.  Not sure about this team.  I hear this team may not be the same caliber as the other we beat yesterday but they hit well.  I do not know anything about them other than what some there told me.  The first pitcher for them I was told was pretty darn good.  It will be a long week in pitching for all the teams down there since 4 games in a row.  I really wonder about the fourth day and what many will have.  Somewhat expect the last games of the week to be pretty high scoring games overall.

Goodpasture beat Springdale Har-Ber yesterday 10-8, led 8-0 at one point. They are a good team, but the box score I saw had Jonesboro with 6 errors and only 5 hits. As to the pitching at the end, I remember a trip to PC and winning 21-10 or so on the last day. I think we trailed 10-3 at one time in that game.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on March 21, 2017, 05:24:46 pm
Goodpasture beat Springdale Har-Ber yesterday 10-8, led 8-0 at one point. They are a good team, but the box score I saw had Jonesboro with 6 errors and only 5 hits. As to the pitching at the end, I remember a trip to PC and winning 21-10 or so on the last day. I think we trailed 10-3 at one time in that game.

Thanks.  I had no clue how much talent they had.  As for the errors I also have no clue why so many were made.  Both days actually but today was up there.  Yesterday we hit decent.  Today our bats were slow.

ricepig

Jonesboro defeats Rutherford H.S. (FL) 5-1.

NEA Razorback olfan

Dirty dawg

Riverside and brookland tomorrow. Should be a good one.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Dirty dawg on March 22, 2017, 08:04:56 pm
Riverside and brookland tomorrow. Should be a good one.

Brookland takes on the Always tough Riverside Rebels , I presume it will be Stone vs Glenn in tomorrow's matchup. I haven't really heard who will take the ball for Brookland.
I believe these teams matchup well.

ChokeNPoke

The Rebels have Rivercrest then Brookland tomorrow in a double header at home. R'side could be hungry after a tough loss to armorel last week!

Head Lion

Manila takes 2 in Bastesville tournament beat Midland 12-1 & Cave City 7-1.

NEA Razorback olfan

March 23, 2017, 06:22:16 pm #126 Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:29:26 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland 1
Riverside 6
Final

Congrats to the Rebels!!
Conference game is 4/20 this was make up from Nettleton Kickoff

Head Lion

Manila wins Batesville Southside tournament 11-6 over Pangburn in the finals. 4th game in 3 days & our #1 starter out for next couple weeks, it was a slugfest & bats finally coming alive.

ricepig

Jonesboro defeats Overton(TN) 8-2.

Head Lion

Congrats Golden Gang

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Head Lion on March 23, 2017, 07:11:23 pm
Manila wins Batesville Southside tournament 11-6 over Pangburn in the finals. 4th game in 3 days & our #1 starter out for next couple weeks, it was a slugfest & bats finally coming alive.

Congrats to the Lions

Head Lion

NEA Razorback olfan

ricepig

Jonesboro 9
Valley View 0

NEA Razorback olfan

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on March 28, 2017, 07:30:54 pm
Jonesboro 9
Valley View 0

Wasn't as clean of a game as I would like to see but it was a win and a good win for Jonesboro.  I hope the young catcher for VV is ok.  I hear after that HBP he was spitting blood or something and went to ER.  I never like seeing players get hurt.

Oldref

Armorel beat Bay 3-2 today at Bay. Really a well played game.

NEA Razorback olfan

Rivercrest at Brookland tomorrow

NEAscout100

Sloan beat Marmaduke 24-1

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on March 28, 2017, 08:57:37 pm
Wasn't as clean of a game as I would like to see but it was a win and a good win for Jonesboro.  I hope the young catcher for VV is ok.  I hear after that HBP he was spitting blood or something and went to ER.  I never like seeing players get hurt.

I'm getting a little concerned about our "conference" play. I wonder if we will see enough good teams to be ready for the state tournament. The old conference with Cabot, NLR, Central, Searcy, and MH meant you were going to see a quality arm almost every game. I hope we are prepared for Sheridan, Greenwood, Benton, etc.....

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on March 29, 2017, 01:11:13 pm
I'm getting a little concerned about our "conference" play. I wonder if we will see enough good teams to be ready for the state tournament. The old conference with Cabot, NLR, Central, Searcy, and MH meant you were going to see a quality arm almost every game. I hope we are prepared for Sheridan, Greenwood, Benton, etc.....

That is definitely a concern but I think with being the defending state champs you get a lot of teams best looks. 

On the other hand, a lot of the 5A teams in conference are trying to beat each other which means they are saving their best arms for the 5A conference games. Playing those 7A schools every year didn't hurt anything at all when it came to state tournament time.

Redwolves8526

Marion over Wynne yesterday 6-5. Great game

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on March 29, 2017, 01:11:13 pm

I feel we have good reason to be concerned.  I have always said play up when you can.  I am not saying some lower classification are not competition but I always want the best on the mound on the other side no matter who we play.  And as some mention some of the lower classification schools will play more to win those same class games.  I told them earlier in the year I wanted to play some 7A school or same classifications even if we travel.  No disrespect meant but that one game when we played in the far East side of the state was about a waste of time for both teams.  Now Christian Brothers double header was big as well as at least three teams we played that went to Florida.  Always play up when you can.

NEA Razorback olfan

Rivercrest 1
Brookland 0
Final

Oldref

T-Bone

V/JV JHS @ Gosnell has been CHANGED due to Gosnell field being to wet and moved to

Gosnell @ JHS field at 4:30 today (Thursday)

OB11

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 29, 2017, 08:25:23 pm
Rivercrest 1
Brookland 0
Final

The paper made it sound like a pitchers duel. Good win for the Colts.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: OB11 on March 30, 2017, 10:56:23 am

Brookland  wasn't patient at the plate and everything they hit hard was right at someone, except a nice running catch in deep right center that their right fielder made a running catch just in front of the fence.
I don't remember Rivercrest getting the ball out of the infield.
Brookland pitcher had 63-pitches in complete game

OB11

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 30, 2017, 11:58:32 am
Quote from: OB11 on March 30, 2017, 10:56:23 am

Brookland  wasn't patient at the plate and everything they hit hard was right at someone, except a nice running catch in deep right center that their right fielder made a running catch just in front of the fence.
I don't remember Rivercrest getting the ball out of the infield.
Brookland pitcher had 63-pitches in complete game

Baseball is funny like that sometimes. I've seen pitchers throw no-hitter's and still lose. And teams hit line drives all game and the other team bloops a few hits and wins. Cruel game that way.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas