• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEA Baseball

Started by OB11, March 02, 2017, 10:48:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on April 10, 2017, 12:30:39 pm
I have slept on it so I don't care anymore.  Maybe our team learned something from it though.  I didn't.  To have 9K but walk 3 and hit 2 was not normal in the least for that pitcher.  Bottom line is it will make him stronger.  Just glad JHS came through in the end.

Only scoring 2 runs before the walk off was the bigger problem, IMO.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on April 10, 2017, 01:14:07 pm
Only scoring 2 runs before the walk off was the bigger problem, IMO.

The soft throwing pitcher gave them fits all game. Could be something worth noting going forward for other teams. Jonesboro has Marion again on Tuesday at their place. It'll be interesting to see what Marion decides to do on the mound.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on April 10, 2017, 01:50:18 pm
The soft throwing pitcher gave them fits all game. Could be something worth noting going forward for other teams. Jonesboro has Marion again on Tuesday at their place. It'll be interesting to see what Marion decides to do on the mound.

I've watch Jonesboro baseball for 10 years, the only thing worse for them to face than a soft throwing right handed pitcher, is a lefty, lol.

OB11

I would not be surprised if Marion put the same kid on the mound.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: OB11 on April 10, 2017, 01:56:51 pm
I would not be surprised if Marion put the same kid on the mound.

He threw a lot of pitches Friday. Not sure three days rest is enough. Marion has decent arms behind him so we'll see what they do. Marion is extremely young and only starts 1 or 2 seniors most games. Hopefully we'll see them peak at the right time and have another great game on Tuesday

OB11

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 10, 2017, 01:59:30 pm
He threw a lot of pitches Friday. Not sure three days rest is enough. Marion has decent arms behind him so we'll see what they do. Marion is extremely young and only starts 1 or 2 seniors most games. Hopefully we'll see them peak at the right time and have another great game on Tuesday

The max number of rest days according to AAA rules is 3 so he should eligible to throw.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on April 10, 2017, 02:00:30 pm
The max number of rest days according to AAA rules is 3 so he should eligible to throw.

Eligible to throw and being ready to throw as you well know, aren't they same. I suspect Jonesboro would like to see him again.

Redwolves8526

I doubt he throws again since he pitched over 100+ on Friday. Not enough time for a high school kid to fully recover, in my opinion.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 10, 2017, 02:14:43 pm
I doubt he throws again since he pitched over 100+ on Friday. Not enough time for a high school kid to fully recover, in my opinion.

If it's #19  Lefty,  then we saw him at Marion a couple weeks ago
Slow but with a lot of movement

T-Bone

Quote from: OB11 on April 10, 2017, 01:50:18 pm

I hope they throw him again.  I feel a different outcome with us having a few more runs.  Nothing against the Marion pitcher.  Just feel seeing it twice in a short time is better for the hitters.

T-Bone

April 10, 2017, 05:20:58 pm #210 Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 05:39:49 pm by T-Bone
Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 10, 2017, 02:14:43 pm

Jonesboro had a few around 300 pitches for the year before last weeks added throws.  I thought that seemed somewhat high until I looked at other teams.  Was not Marion pitcher but another team. 

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on April 10, 2017, 05:20:58 pm
Jonesboro had a few around 300 pitches for the year before last weeks added throws.  I thought that seemed somewhat high until I looked at other teams.  Was not Marion pitcher but another team.

Two tournaments in which you play every game will add up, along with the regular season. Jonesboro is in much better shape than previous years, I remember years where they struggled to get an out, outside of their conference starters.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on April 10, 2017, 06:42:24 pm
Two tournaments in which you play every game will add up, along with the regular season. Jonesboro is in much better shape than previous years, I remember years where they struggled to get an out, outside of their conference starters.

I believe JHS has a decent number of productive pitchers.  A decent runs against number shows that.  And when you factor in the errors in the field it looks even better.  Even though we have struggled at the bat at times our runs for is competitive to most.  JHS has tools and when they fall in place they can compete with anyone 7A down in Arkansas.

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on April 10, 2017, 07:51:24 pm
I believe JHS has a decent number of productive pitchers.  A decent runs against number shows that.  And when you factor in the errors in the field it looks even better.  Even though we have struggled at the bat at times our runs for is competitive to most.  JHS has tools and when they fall in place they can compete with anyone 7A down in Arkansas.

The 6A conference tournament and the state tournament will decide the productivity of both the pitching and hitting, as it should.

Oldref

Bay over Riverside today 2 -1. Taylor Layne for Bay and Larry Tilley for Riverside  both pitched very well and all three runs scored today were unearned. Heck of a game and pitchers duel between two good teams. Bay is now 11-4.

RedWolf275

Gosnell over Manila 5-4

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Oldref on April 10, 2017, 08:41:55 pm
Bay over Riverside today 2 -1. Taylor Layne for Bay and Larry Tilley for Riverside  both pitched very well and all three runs scored today were unearned. Heck of a game and pitchers duel between two good teams. Bay is now 11-4.

Good win for Bay , congrats!!

birddawg1986

biglion1985

Looks like the LIONS and PIRATES  had a good game just wished my lions would've won

NEA Razorback olfan

Per Max Preps
Westside 10
Harrisburg 0
F 5 inning

ricepig

Jonesboro 8
Marion 0

Final

Valleysports

Hey I'm here, well Paragould now.  On Tour.  Been working on my pole vault, Earl Bells.   Taking Pickle ball to Paragould Community Center in morning.

NEA Razorback olfan

Harrisburg 10-7 (3-3) at Brookland 10-7 (2-3)  4/13

Big conference game for both teams , season is winding down as the standings are tightening.
T Jones vs Z Biggers both JR's with low ERA's should be a good matchup. Brookland is looking to bounce back from a tough weekend at Hollister MO.
Any thoughts on this matchup?

T-Bone

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 12, 2017, 08:16:18 pm
Harrisburg 10-7 (3-3) at Brookland 10-7 (2-3)  4/13

Big conference game for both teams , season is winding down as the standings are tightening.
T Jones vs Z Biggers both JR's with low ERA's should be a good matchup. Brookland is looking to bounce back from a tough weekend at Hollister MO.
Any thoughts on this matchup?

I don't know T Jones but I do know Z Biggers.  A great kid and a great young player.  He has the ability to pitch very well.

NEA Razorback olfan

April 13, 2017, 08:05:07 pm #224 Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:16:34 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: T-Bone on April 13, 2017, 06:58:42 am
I don't know T Jones but I do know Z Biggers.  A great kid and a great young player.  He has the ability to pitch very well.

Harrisburg 3
Brookland 1
F

Trevor Jones pitched for state runner-up Paragould Glenn Sain Ford Legion team last summer.
Harrisburg takes a good pitchers duel , Biggers 8k, Jones 9k,
Not much hit solid off either pitcher, both fun to watch
Congrats to the Hornets

ricepig

Jonesboro sweeps WM tonight, 6-5 and 6-1.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2017, 09:19:47 pm
Jonesboro sweeps WM tonight, 6-5 and 6-1.

Good wins for Jonesboro. West Memphis is on the upswing compared to the past few years. They could make some noise in the postseason.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on April 13, 2017, 09:26:15 pm
Good wins for Jonesboro. West Memphis is on the upswing compared to the past few years. They could make some noise in the postseason.

Yeah, I hadn't really paid much attention to them until today, they've beat some good teams this year. It will be interesting in the conference tournament to see who gets left at home with Hall.

T-Bone

Quote from: OB11 on April 13, 2017, 09:26:15 pm

Only thing good about the first win was the W.  7 errors in the field is not good for any team.  Second game was a good win.

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on April 13, 2017, 10:37:57 pm
Only thing good about the first win was the W.  7 errors in the field is not good for any team.  Second game was a good win.

Ouch, sounds like they need a "Brown" practice.......

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2017, 10:41:11 pm
Ouch, sounds like they need a "Brown" practice.......

It was unbelievable.  Can't say I have seen a 7 error game in a while.  But I give JHS a lot of credit for not throwing in the towel and stepped back in to compete the last few innings.  The I think 3 errors WM had in the last inning helped.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: T-Bone on April 13, 2017, 06:58:42 am

T-Bone this was a good game , Brookland left the bases loaded in the bottom of the 7th.
Brookland's pitcher led off the bottom of the 7th with a chopper down third base side, a walk and infield hit pushed a run across. A strike out, another walk loaded the bases with 1 out.
Biggers came back with a swinging strikeout and a groundout to ss that ended the game.

Brookland at Valley View today.

dirtbagbaseball

Here's a thrown together top 10 based on their schedules and quality wins.  Feel free to discuss!

1. Jonesboro - Only losses to #7 Valley View and Goodpasture Christian, TN
2. Searcy - Good wins: 7A Cabot, #3 Harding Academy, 5A #1 Greenbrier.
3. Harding Academy - Good wins: Wynne, Stuttgart.  Only losses to Sheridan, Catholic, White Hall, Searcy
4. Wynne - Good wins: GCT, Nettleton x2, West Memphis
5. West Memphis - Good wins: Valley View x2, GCT
6. Nettleton - Good wins: #7 Valley View x2, #8 Riverside, #9 Gosnell
7. Valley View - Good wins: 2 of the top 3 6A's (Jonesboro, Sheridan), Losses to West Memphis x2, Nettleton x2, Jonesboro x2
8. Riverside - Best win is against #9 Gosnell.  Losses to Nettleton, Armorel, Manila, and Bay
9. Gosnell - Good wins: #5 West Memphis
10. Greene County Tech - Good wins: #4 Wynne, #5 West Memphis.  Losses to Valley View x2, West Memphis, Wynne

OB11

Wynne has put together a really solid year so far. Seems like every year they are battling just to get into the state tournament. The new blended conference format makes things a little bit more interesting but I think this is their year to make some noise in the state tournament.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 1
VV 0
Top 3

NEA Razorback olfan

Top of 5
Brookland 1
VV 2

NEA Razorback olfan

Top of 6
Brookland 2
VV 3

ricepig

Kennett, Mo defeats Jonesboro 6-5.

Oldref

Bay 6 Armorel 5 today at Armorel

NEA Razorback olfan

April 14, 2017, 11:08:09 pm #239 Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 09:54:39 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland 2
VV 5
Final

Brandon Glenn who pitched very well takes the loss in a back and forth game.
Braden Melton and Trevor Jones drive in both runs for Bearcats.

This makes it a split with Vv as the Bearcats took first game on 3/3   6-4

RedWolf275

Quote from: dirtbagbaseball on April 14, 2017, 01:13:50 pm
Here's a thrown together top 10 based on their schedules and quality wins.  Feel free to discuss!

3. Harding Academy - Good wins: Wynne, Stuttgart.  Only losses to Sheridan, Catholic, White Hall, Searcy
7. Valley View - Good wins: 2 of the top 3 6A's (Jonesboro, Sheridan), Losses to West Memphis x2, Nettleton x2, Jonesboro x2
8. Riverside - Best win is against #9 Gosnell.  Losses to Nettleton, Armorel, Manila, and Bay
10. Greene County Tech - Good wins: #4 Wynne, #5 West Memphis.  Losses to Valley View x2, West Memphis, Wynne

Westside has pretty good squad.

Oldref

Bay 3  Manila 2 today at Bay.  Bay now 14-4

Head Lion

Quote from: Oldref on April 17, 2017, 06:47:12 pm
congrats Yellowjackets

ChokeNPoke

Who pitched for Bay?

Oldref

Quote from: Head Lion on April 17, 2017, 08:54:33 pm
congrats Yellowjackets

Thanks HL.........was a good/fast game........both teams missed chances to have big innings couldn't get the big hit. Good luck to the Lions the rest of the way.

Oldref

Quote from: ChokeNPoke on April 17, 2017, 09:28:20 pm
Who pitched for Bay?
Higgins went 6 and Smith pitched the 7th.

OB11

Sounds like Bay is putting together a really good year.

ChokeNPoke

Westside takes on Riverside today at Lake City.

dirtbagbaseball

Quote from: RedWolf275 on April 17, 2017, 05:29:22 pm
Westside has pretty good squad.

Great looking record, but they haven't really been tested by anyone the caliber of those top 10.  Only game against that top 10 was Wynne and they were beated 13-3.  When they show they can beat a top team, they might be considered.  Playing Riverside today will be a good test, especially if Riverside throws Stone.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: dirtbagbaseball on April 14, 2017, 01:13:50 pm

Greene County Tech and Wynne also had losses to Marion.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas