• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Class 4a Scores

Started by soccerman, February 28, 2017, 09:38:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

soccerman

The Season is upon us! Tonight Episcopal host Robinson. A rematch of the girls first round of the playoffs last year. Post 4a scores here!!

AirWarren

Warren Vs Arkadelphia.

Let's go jacks!!!

soccerman

Sounds like Warren got it easy ;D

razorback

Warren girls v Arkadelphia girls is also a rematch of last year's first round tournament game.  Hope the rain stays away!

Quote from: soccerman on February 28, 2017, 09:57:32 am
Sounds like Warren got it easy ;D

The Coach

February 28, 2017, 12:55:12 pm #4 Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 08:42:01 pm by The Coach
VB (1) Hot Springs @ Dardanelle (0)

VG (6) DARD vs HS (1)

soccerman

If games get cancelled due to weather, please say so.

Ladyfan

CAC vs Jacksonville Lighthouse called in first half due to tornado warning. CAC was up 3-0.

coach eskola

Episcopal - Robinson cancelled due to weather.

AirWarren

Jacks take out Arkadelphia 3-0

Not sure of the girls.

SportsDad

Quote from: AirWarren on February 28, 2017, 08:25:42 pm
Jacks take out Arkadelphia 3-0

Not sure of the girls.

LadyJacks win 5-2... Hannah Richey with 3 goals...

chandler

Har-Ber Boys (C Team) 2-2 Prairie Grove Boys
Har-Ber Girls (B Team) 1-0 Prairie Grove Girls

soccerman

Any Games being played today??

JFSM

Quote from: soccerman on March 02, 2017, 09:40:11 am
jacksonville lighthouse vs morrilton today boys and girls

Ladyfan

Quote from: soccerman on March 02, 2017, 09:40:11 am

CAC VG vs Arkadelphia
CAC VB vs Maumelle Charter

CHSKnightsFan

I believe Centerpoint VG and VB are playing Parkview JVG and JVB

ArkansasSportsFan

Brookland coming over to Valley View tonight.

JFSM

Girls :

Jacksonville lighthouse 0-6 morrilton

Boys :

Jacksonville lighthouse 7-1 morrilton

VHSCoach2

Shiloh Christian travels to Vilonia tonight in a rematch of last season's 4-3 tug-of-war, which Vilonia won. Should be a good match-up.

razorback

Dardanelle v Warren tonight at Burns....rematch of last year's second round tournament games for both boys and girls teams...should be a interesting night!

The Coach

March 03, 2017, 06:34:15 pm #19 Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:16:19 pm by The Coach
VG Dardanelle 4 Warren 1

VB DARD 1 Warren 0

VHSCoach2

March 03, 2017, 07:36:07 pm #20 Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 11:28:10 pm by VHSCoach2
Girls:

Vilonia 3-1 Shiloh Christian

SC has a very good team. Lots of size, speed, and physicality. They'll have a say during State in 4A.

Defender27

The Warren vs Dardanelle game must have been good, what were the standout player for both teams that game?

The Coach

March 04, 2017, 07:57:54 am #22 Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 08:01:12 am by The Coach
Quote from: Defender27 on March 03, 2017, 08:49:50 pm
The Warren vs Dardanelle game must have been good, what were the standout player for both teams that game?

If there is a better player in 4A soccer then #14 for Dardanelle I'd like to see it. The kid is an absolute stud and completely dominated this game. Dardanelle prolly had 60-65% possession for the game. Warren took just a handful of shots and only 1 that made you think they might score and Dardanelles GK who's also very good made a good save. Dardanelle had 4-5 really good shots outside of the 1 they scored on and they hit the post another time. Warrens GK and defense did a solid job keeping them in the game all night. 2 pretty good teams that played really hard.

SportsDad

Quote from: The Coach on March 04, 2017, 07:57:54 am
If there is a better player in 4A soccer then #14 for Dardanelle I'd like to see it. The kid is an absolute stud and completely dominated this game. Dardanelle prolly had 60-65% possession for the game. Warren took just a handful of shots and only 1 that made you think they might score and Dardanelles GK who's also very good made a good save. Dardanelle had 4-5 really good shots outside of the 1 they scored on and they hit the post another time. Warrens GK and defense did a solid job keeping them in the game all night. 2 pretty good teams that played really hard.

I had Dardy with 11 shots on goal and Warren with 7 shots on goal... Warren had two great shots denied by the Dardy GK, while Dardy also had two great shots denied by Warren GK.... Dardy's lone goal occured on a corner kick that Warren failed to clear quickly, which resulted in a point blank goal...Dardanelle's biggest advantage is their size...both teams did an excellent job of controlling the ball with great passing. While #14 for Dardy is a very good player, to say that he dominated the game is a bit of an overstatement, although he may be their best player. Bottom line is this, both teams have talent all over the field and will probably end up facing each other again in May at the State Tourney.

The Coach

March 04, 2017, 08:27:42 pm #24 Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 08:32:29 pm by The Coach
#14 was by far the best player on the field last night. And he's a legit top player in 4A if not the top player.  It was very similiar to the qtr final game last yr where Dardanelle controlled things for most of the game.

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

March 04, 2017, 09:02:17 pm #25 Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 09:05:02 pm by Coach Sturdivant, HS
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better player than #14 for Dardanelle in 4A. Very physical and fast defender but even better decision maker. We had an absolute battle with Dardanelle Tuesday night and he can flat out play. Closed us down on defense numerous times to deny us shooting opportunities. He's one of those players that any coach would love to have on their team. Has a lot of confidence in himself with the ball at his feet, and when its not has the ability to regain possession and immediately look to exploit the other team's turnover. Definitely would be my pick for top in the 4A.

The Coach

March 07, 2017, 10:27:11 am #26 Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:38:12 pm by The Coach
Dardanelle at Clarksville

JVB- Cville (1) DARD (0)
VG- DARD (4) Cville (1)
VB- DARD (3) Cville (1)

AirWarren

Warren lady jacks 7
Jacksonville lighthouse 0

zyxwvq

Varsity Girls
Malvern 7, Harmony Grove 0

Varsity Boys
Malvern 6, Harmony Grove 0

SportsDad

Warren VB 3  Jacksonville Lighthouse VB 1
Warren VG 7  Jacksonville Lighthouse VG 0

JACKS dominate entire game only allowing two shots on goal. JL scored when JACKS defender scored on own goal trying to clear. JL keeper kept the game close with several great saves.

LadyJACKS dominate their game, pulling starters halfway in the first half.

Next up for the JACKS/LadyJACKS is the El Dorado Tourney this weekend.

JFSM

Quote from: SportsDad on March 07, 2017, 08:40:41 pm
Warren VB 3  Jacksonville Lighthouse VB 1
Warren VG 7  Jacksonville Lighthouse VG 0

JACKS dominate entire game only allowing two shots on goal. JL scored when JACKS defender scored on own goal trying to clear. JL keeper kept the game close with several great saves.

LadyJACKS dominate their game, pulling starters halfway in the first half.

Next up for the JACKS/LadyJACKS is the El Dorado Tourney this weekend.

I'll have to say JL had warren on the run for most of the game . The center mids recovered alot of ball off the middle and only time they controlled the game was when they caught on them off position . #10 had plenty of shots of target and number #11 clearly scored the goal . Only game dominated was the girls game

AirWarren

Quote from: JFSM on March 07, 2017, 08:51:55 pm
I'll have to say JL had warren on the run for most of the game . The center mids recovered alot of ball off the middle and only time they controlled the game was when they caught on them off position . #10 had plenty of shots of target and number #11 clearly scored the goal . Only game dominated was the girls game

Not sure what having us on the run means, but 3-1 doesn't look like it was close by soccer standards. Just my opinion. 

Defender27

I was able to watch the game between the two tonight and I would argue that in the beginning Jacksonville Lighthouse was controlling the game well but Warren took over soon and jacksonville Lighthouses only in spurts was pressuring Warren to control the game. Warrens speed kept lighthouses defense on their back foot but they were persistent with the counter attacks.

SportsDad

"on the run"?????
not sure we watched the same game...
Warren possessed the ball well over 80% of the game... JL might have had a total of four decent attacks, with only two resulting in shots on goal.
JL controlled the first 5 minutes of the game, after that it was all Warren... Warren should have won the game by more, but the JL keeper played outstanding.

It was a good game to get the JACKS attention that they must show up to play every night and not take any team for granted. Both teams will improve as the season progresses and might get a chance to face each other again in May.

JFSM

Lighthouse shouldn't be count out yet as they did put out a decent fight against such a powerhouse like warren. Im proud of them boys and there hard work effort .  Definitely JL goalkeeper was the best player to keep them going in the match

Player123

Alright look, warren beat lighthouse that's done. But it wasn't a far game. Sportsdad is making it seem like 3-1 is a huge loss for lighthouse. Which really is not taking into consideration that warren has won state before and is known for having a good team every year. But them lighthouse boys gave it their all. They really shouldn't be counted out yet. They did give warren a fight with that late goal with less then 20 minutes left which wasn't an own goal either. Look I'm neither a warren fan or lighthouse fan I just came to watch and I'm just saying what I saw during the game. Warren did have possession most of the game but lighthouse did put up a fight.

Player123

I meant airwarren not sportsdad

The Coach

Quote from: Player123 on March 07, 2017, 11:50:44 pm
Alright look, warren beat lighthouse that's done. But it wasn't a far game. Sportsdad is making it seem like 3-1 is a huge loss for lighthouse. Which really is not taking into consideration that warren has won state before and is known for having a good team every year. But them lighthouse boys gave it their all. They really shouldn't be counted out yet. They did give warren a fight with that late goal with less then 20 minutes left which wasn't an own goal either. Look I'm neither a warren fan or lighthouse fan I just came to watch and I'm just saying what I saw during the game. Warren did have possession most of the game but lighthouse did put up a fight.

Warren has never won State in soccer

Player123

Quote from: The Coach on March 07, 2017, 11:57:10 pm
Warren has never won State in soccer
oh haha thought they have. But they're still a good team

SportsDad

I am not say JL is not a good team... sorry if the post came across that way...
But the game was never really very close in terms of possession and who controlled the game.

Against Dardy, people that watched that game agreed that Dardy controlled the majority of the game, probably possessed the ball 60-65% of the game... although Dardy won 1-0, it had the feel of a larger margin of victory. Warren's back line kept the game close against Dardy, just as the back line of JL kept the game close against Warren.

That is what is great and also what is not-so-great about soccer.... because of the lack of scoring, just looking at the score can be misleading.

DHS#1

Danville girls scored Twice in the second half to beat  Conway St. Joe 2-0 in season opener!

Danville boys beat Conway St. Joe 2-1

AirWarren

Quote from: Player123 on March 07, 2017, 11:50:44 pm

Watch the EPL and big boy soccer. 3-1 is a pistol whipping.

Nevertheless. Hope JL had a good trip down to my hometown. We are proud of our facilities.

Coach16

I heard lighthouse is one of the smallest schools in 4A. They built this team from the ground up. The team dosnt even have a weight lifting or a gym to work out in. Those young men deserves credit and it won't surprise me if they get better from this loss and keep a chip on their shoulder. But I do tip my hats to Warren they played a better more disciplined sound game.

Coach16

This is also the programs third year. This team did not put good opponents on their schedule for nothing. They felt that they can compete with those teams and wanted a taste of what competition felt like no matter if those schools have more money or better facilities for their (Soccer) programs. They even have a basketball team that made semi finals and they practice on a half court for crying out loud! Lol. I love the heart and fight of Lighthouse that's why I root for this underdog.... they will indeed figure this thing out! Go Wolves

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: JFSM on March 07, 2017, 08:51:55 pm

I think your posts about JL have been a little biased because they're usually completely contradictory to what everyone else says about the games. (Not just this game, this goes to last year as well)

Player123

Alright alright guys. Let's stop with all the talking about this game. The game is over now. Warren was the better team and they won it's done. There shouldn't be any type of hate between these 2 teams for 1 game. Come on now.

DHS#1

Yeah this is for scores

AirWarren

Quote from: Coach16 on March 08, 2017, 10:44:46 am
This is also the programs third year. This team did not put good opponents on their schedule for nothing. They felt that they can compete with those teams and wanted a taste of what competition felt like no matter if those schools have more money or better facilities for their (Soccer) programs. They even have a basketball team that made semi finals and they practice on a half court for crying out loud! Lol. I love the heart and fight of Lighthouse that's why I root for this underdog.... they will indeed figure this thing out! Go Wolves

If I'm not mistaken, this is year 5 for Warren having a soccer program.

Player123

March 08, 2017, 02:08:24 pm #48 Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 02:21:50 pm by Player123
Quote from: DHS#1 on March 08, 2017, 08:12:10 am
Danville girls scored Twice in the second half to beat  Conway St. Joe 2-0 in season opener!

Danville boys beat Conway St. Joe 2-1
How was the VB Danville Vs St joe game?

Arbitro

Quote from: AirWarren on March 08, 2017, 01:30:59 pm
If I'm not mistaken, this is year 5 for Warren having a soccer program.
FWIW, Warren's first year of HS soccer was 2012, so this is their 6th year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas