• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 5

Started by RattlerFan1, February 20, 2017, 11:27:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RattlerFan1

Idk much about the boys side but I am gonna go with Ouchita winning the girls side!

OwlFan4

Ouachita girls barely got by Emerson in district finals.  I sat behind Quachita's bench and if the refs had T'ed up the coach for his incessent whining like they would have any other coach in the state, he would have been in the locker room before halftime.  Ouachita's girls may not have won the regular season district had they not refused to play all the other district teams more than once.  AAA really needs to do something about this 1A/2A blended conferences.  1A teams don't seam to get much credit for beating a 2A team, while losing to them really hurts. They need some kind of point system like the 6A/7A conferences have had in the past.  This is especially true when some teams in Ouachita's district had to play 2A teams twice in the regular season and only got to play Quachita once.  If Ouachita is the best this district has to offer, no girls team from this district may make it to state unless the other district is extremely weak, IMO. 

On the boys side, I'm sure teams in the district would have all won at least 1 more game by playing Quachita's boys instead of Harmony Grove, Parker's Chapel or another 2A school.  In the boy's district final, Nevada squeaked by the home team Bradley by 3 points.  I think Bradley's boys finally beat Emerson for the first time in 3 tries this season by 2 in the semis.  Bradley definitely had the home court advantage in both those games.  I think the Dem/Gaz had Nevada 3rd or 4th in the state this last couple of weeks so good luck to them in the regional & state tourneys.  This district might have a team in the state championship for the 3rd year in a row.  It's time to bring a state title back to this district.

yesteryearman

Quote from: OwlFan4 on February 20, 2017, 02:09:04 pm
Ouachita girls barely got by Emerson in district finals.  I sat behind Quachita's bench and if the refs had T'ed up the coach for his incessent whining like they would have any other coach in the state, he would have been in the locker room before halftime.  Ouachita's girls may not have won the regular season district had they not refused to play all the other district teams more than once.  AAA really needs to do something about this 1A/2A blended conferences.  1A teams don't seam to get much credit for beating a 2A team, while losing to them really hurts. They need some kind of point system like the 6A/7A conferences have had in the past.  This is especially true when some teams in Ouachita's district had to play 2A teams twice in the regular season and only got to play Quachita once.  If Ouachita is the best this district has to offer, no girls team from this district may make it to state unless the other district is extremely weak, IMO. 

On the boys side, I'm sure teams in the district would have all won at least 1 more game by playing Quachita's boys instead of Harmony Grove, Parker's Chapel or another 2A school.  In the boy's district final, Nevada squeaked by the home team Bradley by 3 points.  I think Bradley's boys finally beat Emerson for the first time in 3 tries this season by 2 in the semis.  Bradley definitely had the home court advantage in both those games.  I think the Dem/Gaz had Nevada 3rd or 4th in the state this last couple of weeks so good luck to them in the regional & state tourneys.  This district might have a team in the state championship for the 3rd year in a row.  It's time to bring a state title back to this district.

I predict that Region 5 girls will go 0-4 in state tournament so it really doesn't matter who wins the regional, and on boys side Nevada will win the regional and might win one game at state tournament, but the other three will be 0-3.  Very weak Region compared to last few years, especially when you take Kirby out and Emerson is way down.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 20, 2017, 05:42:32 pm
I predict that Region 5 girls will go 0-4 in state tournament so it really doesn't matter who wins the regional, and on boys side Nevada will win the regional and might win one game at state tournament, but the other three will be 0-3.  Very weak Region compared to last few years, especially when you take Kirby out and Emerson is way down.
dermott can Win a game depending what region they'd pair with. Nevada can make the final four seeing as the upper quarter of state will not have much going for it. However their trip will end there catching the winner of Guy Shirley regions vs Kirby county line regional. So the trip for region 5 will be short for everyone besides the winner.

OwlFan4

Dermott has the talent to take down Nevada.  Dermott has 2 post players in the 6'3"-6'4" range and good guard play. They have improved tremendously as the year has gone on.  That will be an interesting game if both make it to Regional finals at Emerson.

Snakebite1

Nevada will roll through regionals and State to the semis. Girls side looks like Ouachita is the only one that goes a couple of rounds in the State tournament I doubt either gets tested in Regions.

littlec2964

February 22, 2017, 04:19:23 pm #6 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 05:22:50 pm by littlec2964
End of 1st:
Girls

Ouachita 9
Woodlawn 0

Half:
Ouachita 16
Woodlawn 8

End 3rd:
Ouachita 30
Woodlawn 14

Final:

Ouachita 39
Woodlawn 26

littlec2964

February 22, 2017, 05:53:20 pm #7 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 06:44:42 pm by littlec2964
Boys

End 1st
Nevada 23
Strong 10

Half:
Nevada 48
Strong 24

End 3rd
Nevada 57
Strong 35

Final
Nevada 79
Strong 43

littlec2964

February 22, 2017, 07:18:19 pm #8 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:17:27 pm by littlec2964
Girls

End 1st
Hampton 4
Bradley 16

Half
Hampton 17
Bradley 21

End 3rd
Hampton 29
Bradley 32

Final
Hampton 39
Bradley 49

littlec2964

February 22, 2017, 08:50:13 pm #9 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:42:58 pm by littlec2964
Boys

End 1st
Dermott 20
Taylor 12

Half
Dermott 38
Taylor 20

Final
Dermott 75
Taylor 45

HorseFeathers

Appreciate the updates

HorseFeathers

Boys Emerson 11 Hampton 9 after 1

OwlFan4

Hampton up at end of 1st 11-9
Hampton up at half 35-32   Jefferson only 3 pts
Emerson up 53-52 end of 3rd

bhartgen

OwlFan4

Hampton defeats Emerson on a last second shot, literally very last second I'm told.

mrscoach

Thanks for updates! Keep it up!

mrscoach

Any updates on late games!

J.D.

Bradley Boys over Woodlawn 65-38

yesteryearman

Quote from: mrscoach on February 23, 2017, 09:17:41 pm
Any updates on late games!

Are they playing any games or have they been cancelled due to lack of interest?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 24, 2017, 07:34:19 pm
hahaha

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 24, 2017, 07:34:19 pm

Must be no one attending this regional. Poor kids playing, you think some over zealous parent whose kid's team is winning would be crowing on here. Not even that though.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on February 24, 2017, 09:42:25 pm
Must be no one attending this regional. Poor kids playing, you think some over zealous parent whose kid's team is winning would be crowing on here. Not even that though.

Well I think the players, fans and coaches pretty well know they will be "one and done" at Mt Ida, except Nevada might win one game.  Other than that, the rest will be 0-7, but maybe they will score more points than Bradley did last year (18), I guess that could be something to look forward to, and it is a nice drive up to Mt Ida, pretty scenery, lots of good places to eat in Hot Springs.

BannerMountainMan

BannerMountainMan

Hampton boys over Dermott 45-44

BannerMountainMan

Strong 10 Quachita 8 end of 1

BannerMountainMan

Strong 26 Quachita 19 half

BannerMountainMan

35-23 end of 3rd Strong

BannerMountainMan

Strong finishes off Quachita

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 25, 2017, 07:24:35 pm
Strong finishes off Quachita

Anybody anywhere know score of the boys game?

BannerMountainMan

littlec2964

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 24, 2017, 09:53:30 pm
Well I think the players, fans and coaches pretty well know they will be "one and done" at Mt Ida, except Nevada might win one game.  Other than that, the rest will be 0-7, but maybe they will score more points than Bradley did last year (18), I guess that could be something to look forward to, and it is a nice drive up to Mt Ida, pretty scenery, lots of good places to eat in Hot Springs.

Region 5 is now 5-5 at the state tournament. So much for your 0-7 after Nevada wins.

yesteryearman

Quote from: littlec2964 on March 02, 2017, 10:34:04 pm
Region 5 is now 5-5 at the state tournament. So much for your 0-7 after Nevada wins.

Not sure where you get 5-5.  Nevada is 2-0, Dermott 1-1, Hampton 0-1, Bradley 1-0, that looks like 4-2.  Certainly better than most people and I expected.  However, I don't see either Nevada or Bradley advancing much farther. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on March 03, 2017, 06:59:15 am
Not sure where you get 5-5.  Nevada is 2-0, Dermott 1-1, Hampton 0-1, Bradley 1-0, that looks like 4-2.  Certainly better than most people and I expected.  However, I don't see either Nevada or Bradley advancing much farther. 

Not much further for Nevada to advance

littlec2964

Your original post said after Nevada the rest of region 5 would be 0-7. I figured you were talking about boys and girls combined. If so, region 5 is 5-5.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: littlec2964 on March 03, 2017, 11:36:59 am
Your original post said after Nevada the rest of region 5 would be 0-7. I figured you were talking about boys and girls combined. If so, region 5 is 5-5.
strong probably got the 2 worst 4 seeds to play in the entire tournament. Flip strong girls with any other 1 seed and the girls would have went 0-4. Flip strong with Nemo and they lose by 30-40. So in his defense he was spot on with the girls. Except they got the luckiest draw ever lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas