• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A North Region- West Fork

Started by Ole Legend, February 19, 2017, 12:20:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Legend

Boys

Pea Ridge
West Fork Wednesday at 5:30

Subiaco
Shiloh Thursday at 5:30

Pottsville
Gravette Wednesday at 8:30

Huntsville
Dardanelle Thursday at 8:30

Ozark Hog

beach bum

Quote from: Ozark Hog on February 19, 2017, 10:06:17 am
What is the girls times?

I think the girls games are same days, but at 4 and 7 I imagine....

OkieinPG

I wish one of our PG Boys or Girls teams was still alive.  Will be strange not seeing them, especially the girls, play this week.  I worry a little about the seating capacity.  I hope folks don't get turned away, especially come Friday and Saturday during the Semi and Final games.  Anyone know if West Fork will be broadcasting the games online.  That would be nice for anyone that can't make it to the games in person.

prHOG13

How many teams make it to state? Seems kinda weird only having 3 regions so I was hoping someone could explain it to me. Is it a top 3/4/6/8 or what?  TIA

Hog-fan

February 20, 2017, 01:02:19 pm #6 Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 01:04:45 pm by Hog-fan
Quote from: prHOG13 on February 20, 2017, 12:50:05 pm
How many teams make it to state? Seems kinda weird only having 3 regions so I was hoping someone could explain it to me. Is it a top 3/4/6/8 or what?  TIA

Top 4 teams from each Region.  Here are the brackets for State:
Boys
http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/W7MmBqw3EeaAdqA2nzwY6g/4ZNMfKw7EeaAdqA2nzwY6g/basketball-winter-16-17/2017-boys-basketball-state-tournament-4a-boys-basketball-2017.htm

Girls (scroll to see each class)
http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/Und9oMIeEeaAdqA2nzwY6g/girls-basketball-winter-16-17/2017-girls-basketball-state-tournament.htm

prHOG13

Hog-fan

Quote from: prHOG13 on February 20, 2017, 01:25:22 pm
So it'll be 12 teams? Do the top 4 seeds get a bye into the round of 8? Sorry for all the questions. This is just confusing to me

Looks like the top seed from each of the three Regions gets a bye along with the #2 seed from the South Region.

OkieinPG

prHOG13

Quote from: Hog-fan on February 20, 2017, 01:49:07 pm
Looks like the top seed from each of the three Regions gets a bye along with the #2 seed from the South Region.
Thanks man

OkieinPG

I just noticed the Girls State Brackets are on a separate link all together.  I posted just the Boys State Brackets earlier.  Here's the Girls:

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/Und9oMIeEeaAdqA2nzwY6g/girls-basketball-winter-16-17/2017-girls-basketball-state-tournament.htm

beach bum

There definitely is incentive to win this region as the 1 definitely has the more favorable draw. Sometimes I see a 2 seed end up with the better draw, but here there will be quite a bit on the line this week to snag that 1 seed from the North Region.

beach bum

February 20, 2017, 08:35:47 pm #13 Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:38:12 pm by beach bum
The half with the 1 and 2 from the East looks potentially brutal for the 2 seed from the North... Not saying it can't be done but I sure wouldn't want to be the team in the 2 from the North trying to climb that uphill battle.

springdalesmitty

Quote from: beach bum on February 20, 2017, 08:35:47 pm
The half with the 1 and 2 from the East looks potentially brutal for the 2 seed from the North... Not saying it can't be done but I sure wouldn't want to be the team in the 2 from the North trying to climb that uphill battle.
Yes and the 1 seed likely gets to play Nashville on it's home floor.

Ole Legend

Any predictions on how it's going to play out? West Fork is the only team from the 4-4a that I have seen this year. I did watch a little bit of the live feed from the district tournament. I think subiaco and Shiloh is a really good matchup. Pottsville will have its hands full with Gravette. Pea Ridge should dominate West Fork just like the prior 2 meetings this year. I think Huntsville will win easily too.

OldTimeCager

I don't see Pottsville having any trouble with Gravette.  Pottsville is 24-4 with two of their losses coming in the first 2 games, I assume before they got all of their players from football.  They are averaging more per game than Gravette has scored in most of their games.  Also, this is a Gravette team that scored only 25 and 30 points in their last two games in the district tournament.  I've not seen Pottsville, but I'd predict a very easy Pottsville win.

SubiSpectator

Quote from: OkieinPG on February 20, 2017, 12:40:30 pm
I wish one of our PG Boys or Girls teams was still alive.  Will be strange not seeing them, especially the girls, play this week.  I worry a little about the seating capacity.  I hope folks don't get turned away, especially come Friday and Saturday during the Semi and Final games.  Anyone know if West Fork will be broadcasting the games online.  That would be nice for anyone that can't make it to the games in person.

It looks like the only school that has rights to broadcast the games right now is Pea Ridge according to the AAA.

Gray lizard

Pottsville has a deep bench and moves the ball around very well.  Not a lot of height, but still seem to rebound well. I expect them to do well in the region.  I think the coaching will be good as well.

beach bum

Quote from: springdalesmitty on February 21, 2017, 08:47:39 am
Yes and the 1 seed likely gets to play Nashville on it's home floor.

Yikes... They better be hoping Nashville has a bad regional or something. I wouldn't want to be playing in front of a wild crowd like that on someone's home court that deep into postseason.

springdalesmitty

Quote from: beach bum on February 21, 2017, 03:31:07 pm
Yikes... They better be hoping Nashville has a bad regional or something. I wouldn't want to be playing in front of a wild crowd like that on someone's home court that deep into postseason.
Beach Bum will you be reffing at the Regional this year?

Sourmilkstain

Quote from: OkieinPG on February 20, 2017, 12:40:30 pm
Anyone know if West Fork will be broadcasting the games online.

Yes, from what I understand they will be posting the link tomorrow on their twitter & Facebook accts for you to be able to watch on LiveStream.  There will also be a live tracker for scoring on ScoreStream.  All final scores can be seen on the schools twitter account and @AAA_Scores account as well.

beach bum

February 21, 2017, 05:42:09 pm #22 Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 05:46:08 pm by beach bum
Quote from: springdalesmitty on February 21, 2017, 04:36:47 pm
Beach Bum will you be reffing at the Regional this year?

No I do not ref... Do you however? But if I did the Pea Ridge people would be mortified. I plan on being there Friday and Saturday watching so I am hoping all the top seeds advance and see the best teams left. I wouldn't mind seeing West Fork or Gravette advance albeit West Fork has extremely slim chances it seems even at home. All the cards would have to fall right as far as them being hot and Pea Ridge having probably the worst shooting night all season. That is what I like about the basketball postseason that makes it much more fun than football with more upsets. Football most of the time you just can't out-skill or out-coach the pure athletic advantage of speed and power an opponent may have. Basketball has those wonderful variables that make it great. Best example of that is when Clarendon a couple years ago had 30 wins and victories in the regular season over 3 of the 7 state title teams in the state including the 5A state champ and 6A champ. However, they got bounced in the first round by Mineral Springs. They found the wrong time to play their worst game of the year for sure.

Wendell Robinson

Gravette is broadcasting their games

beach bum

February 21, 2017, 06:12:11 pm #24 Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:13:45 am by beach bum
Quote from: Wendell Robinson on February 21, 2017, 05:52:36 pm
Gravette is broadcasting their games

I can see their game against Pottsville being closer than people think.

pridgehog

Quote from: beach bum on February 21, 2017, 05:42:09 pm
No I do not ref... Do you however? But if I did the Pea Ridge people would be mortified. I plan on being there Friday and Saturday watching so I am hoping all the top seeds advance and see the best teams left. I wouldn't mind seeing West Fork or Gravette advance albeit West Fork has extremely slim chances it seems even at home. All the cards would have to fall right as far as them being hot and Pea Ridge having probably the worst shooting night all season. That is what I like about the basketball postseason that makes it much more fun than football with more upsets. Football most of the time you just can't out-skill or out-coach the pure athletic advantage of speed and power an opponent may have. Basketball has those wonderful variables that make it great. Best example of that is when Clarendon a couple years ago had 30 wins and victories in the regular season over 3 of the 7 state title teams in the state including the 5A state champ and 6A champ. However, they got bounced in the first round by Mineral Springs. They found the wrong time to play their worst game of the year for sure.
Why would we be mortified if you were a ref?

beach bum

Quote from: pridgehog on February 21, 2017, 07:15:16 pm
Why would we be mortified if you were a ref?

Cause I troll you guys too much... Honestly it is all in fun. It has been fun seeing the 1-4A add more depth across the board in all sports. Pea Ridge, Prairie Grove, and others have really added to the depth of this league in practically every sport now.

Ole Legend

Quote from: OldTimeCager on February 21, 2017, 03:16:02 pm
I don't see Pottsville having any trouble with Gravette.  Pottsville is 24-4 with two of their losses coming in the first 2 games, I assume before they got all of their players from football.  They are averaging more per game than Gravette has scored in most of their games.  Also, this is a Gravette team that scored only 25 and 30 points in their last two games in the district tournament.  I've not seen Pottsville, but I'd predict a very easy Pottsville win.

Gravette got screwed against Shiloh on Saturday in the third place game. They had a kid drive in and get laid out by a Shiloh player at the buzzer, and the ref turned and ran into the locker room.

Razorback Red

Quote from: beach bum on February 21, 2017, 07:18:42 pm
Cause I troll you guys too much... Honestly it is all in fun. It has been fun seeing the 1-4A add more depth across the board in all sports. Pea Ridge, Prairie Grove, and others have really added to the depth of this league in practically every sport now.

I see this trend continuing.  No two schools have benefited more from the growth in NWA than Farmington and Pea Ridge.  As Bentonville, Rogers and Fayetteville continue to grow, more and more families will move to the "suburbs" if you want to call them that. 

Trojanball24

I will be going tonight I have seen almost all of the 1-4A teams play: Ill predict tonight Pea Ridge will win by 20 they are to talented to lose with the new transfer. I wouldnt count Gravette out against Pottsville I have been really impressed with them and thier coach gets the most out of that team.

SubiSpectator

Subiaco will provide a broadcast of our game against Shiloh Christian on Thursday at 5:30 pm you can find the link below.

https://livestream.com/accounts/9706132/events/7048475

StevenGlen

My "scouting report" on Gravette makes me think that I'll have a close, fun, hard fought, and perhaps high scoring game to broadcast back to Apache fans listening on KWKK Radio in Russellville.  The Lions are long, athletic, mostly man to man and crash the boards, although they also mix in some 1-3-1.  It appears that both teams like to get up and down the floor.  I won't say where my "scout" comes from but it is someone who knows much more about basketball than I.  Actually that is not uncommon  ;)  I'm just a fan that someone gave a microphone to years ago.  An earlier poster is correct, two of the Apache losses came early on.  Pottsville's most recent loss came at Class 3A Lamar, and was a 1 point game in a fantastic environment.  No embarrassment to lose to Lamar at their place as the Warriors appear to have at least two players who may well play at the next level.  It has been several years since I've broadcast a game from West Fork, but I'm assuming they haven't moved the gym.  Tonight should be fun!!  Although with the late start time there may be some tired Apaches in School on Thursday, including ME. 

springdalesmitty

I will be at the games tonight, I hope to see some good basketball. My girls quit playing basketball a few years ago so I just watch my friends kids play these days. Good Luck to all and I pray all stay healthy no matter win or lose.

StevenGlen

FYI for anyone who may be traveling to West Fork on I 40 KFSM News, Channel 5 is reporting that I-40 has been closed in Franklin County due to a bad accident involving a semi carrying ammunition.  They are reporting that both lanes are closed and who knows how long.  I'm just going to start off on 64. 

Gray lizard

Stephen
I will tune in tonight.  Hey make sure you tell the direction of the game.  Left or right on the radio dial.
Helps me get a better feel of the game.  You never hear that any more and I know it makes no difference.

WattsOzark

Is there a link for streams yet?

prHOG13

Pea Ridge winning 18-0 after the first quarter over West Fork

hogsnout

Anyone got a final on Berryville and dardanelle girls

BVCAT

February 22, 2017, 06:28:03 pm #38 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 06:30:39 pm by BVCAT
Berryville 43
Dardanelle 36
Girls

prHOG13

prHOG13

Pea Ridge hit with a pretty big blow tonight

OOps

prHOG13

Sourmilkstain

Here is the link to West Forks streaming of all the games.

Http://ustre.am/1ypix

You can also follow the live scoring on the ScoreStream app

West Fork Athletics twitter acct is also posting scores @WFTigerAth

Ole Legend

Pea Ridge has been playing good defensively recently, and that's what has been winning them games. I hope they continue to play those lock down defenders more! It's fun to see teams just completely dominate a game defensively.

StevenGlen

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 22, 2017, 04:44:38 pm
Stephen
I will tune in tonight.  Hey make sure you tell the direction of the game.  Left or right on the radio dial.
Helps me get a better feel of the game.  You never hear that any more and I know it makes no difference.

I try to do that, but not often enough, thanks for the reminder.  However, it is a little harder at West Fork.  The broadcast table is actually on the baseline under one of the goals.  Several feet away from the play, but from my vantage point neither team is moving right to left.  Guess I could say to or away from me :)  Or I could imagine that I'm at the scorers table.  Thank you for the heads up!

Gray lizard

Why were the games running late last night?  I about gave up on Stephen on the radio.

hogsnout

Anyone know final of dardanelle boys

mountainman

Dardanelle boys play the last  game tonight at 8:30

mountainman

February 23, 2017, 08:42:32 pm #49 Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:46:44 pm by mountainman
West  Fork  48

Huntsville   37

Final  Girls

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas