• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnet Cove

Started by Bagheera, February 09, 2017, 08:56:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogjr

As a parent and just someone reading all these posts, I don't think the community is upset with this new coach at all. I think they're upset in how the administration handled the situation not only with the former head coach and AD but with pretty much every coach at the school. I know this kid coming in has his work cut out for him but that's with any new coach coming into a new community. He's got some work to do

jacketracket

New Magnet Cove Head Football Coach Caleb Carmikle post on Facebook:

I'm so excited to finally be able to announce that I have accepted a job to become the next Head Football Coach/Athletic Director at Magnet Cove High School. This is a fantastic opportunity at a place that's absolutely crazy about high school football. And to top it all off I get to move back to the greatest state in America! To all my Glenbrook/Minden friends, thank you so much for taking me in and treating me like family for the last two years. I have made friendships here that I hope will last a lifetime and these have been two of the greatest years of my life. Glenbrook will always have a special place in my heart!

game on

Hope the guy can coach winning football and run a school athletic department.

sevenof400

Quote from: game on on April 20, 2017, 05:56:38 pm
Hope the guy can coach winning football and run a school athletic department.

As someone from way outside looking in, this is still the part of all this that makes the least sense. 

It's an awful lot to ask ANY head football coach to be the AD AND have that coach do the AD job the right way (meaning the head FC actually does the AD work too, not simply ignores even other sport as far too many football coach / AD's do or attempts to delegate all of the AD related work to the respective coaches but not the pay that goes with it...). 

game on

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 22, 2017, 09:32:38 am
As someone from way outside looking in, this is still the part of all this that makes the least sense. 

It's an awful lot to ask ANY head football coach to be the AD AND have that coach do the AD job the right way (meaning the head FC actually does the AD work too, not simply ignores even other sport as far too many football coach / AD's do or attempts to delegate all of the AD related work to the respective coaches but not the pay that goes with it...). 

Good point.  Schools should find a way to have a full time AD who doesn't coach or at least doesn't coach one of the major sports as this often creates a conflict with the other major sports. Many schools will just make the principal the AD adding to their many responsibilities and you can guess what gets neglected.

mao

The MC AD should give Coach Kehner a call and schedule an annual game with GR. The gate would be huge for both schools. GR and Malvern sell out either stadium and is huge for the athletic budgets of both schools. Plus, the Malvern games prepare GR for the coming conference schedule. GR would do the same for MC.

SR30

Careful Mao..they will start telling you this is a mc thread and since you are infatuated with GR you need to leave. Then get feelings hurt and have the thread locked..

panther_forever

Quote from: mao on April 25, 2017, 09:56:46 pm
The MC AD should give Coach Kehner a call and schedule an annual game with GR. The gate would be huge for both schools. GR and Malvern sell out either stadium and is huge for the athletic budgets of both schools. Plus, the Malvern games prepare GR for the coming conference schedule. GR would do the same for MC.
+1

Magneto

Leave it to SR30 to get the other thread locked lol

southarkdaddy

Seeing how this played out, what is the status of the OC who was thought by so many to be the guy?

Magneto

Hasn't left yet like some rumors have said.  If they can work it out and work well together I think that will be the best case scenario.  I wonder if Carmikel will stick with the spread?

SR30

Wasn't me pal it was your friend FBlife..hasn't had a profile for a week n gets it locked up

Jimbo Morphis

April 26, 2017, 10:54:47 am #62 Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:28:13 pm by Oldman
Quote from: SR30 on April 26, 2017, 09:21:05 am
Wasn't me pal it was your friend FBlife..hasn't had a profile for a week n gets it locked up
Finished your book  yet?

SR30

Huh? That made no sense

FBlife

Quote from: Magneto on April 26, 2017, 09:10:40 am
Hasn't left yet like some rumors have said.  If they can work it out and work well together I think that will be the best case scenario.  I wonder if Carmikel will stick with the spread?
He is trying to stay and be the OC with coach carmikle

Bayou Bully

Seems GR needs MC more than other way around
If Keener is .10 as interested as saggy britches30, MC should try to get some extra money from the GR gate...really doubt Keener is that hard up for gate money tho

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Bayou Bully on April 26, 2017, 01:07:15 pm
Seems GR needs MC more than other way around
If Keener is .10 as interested as saggy britches30, MC should try to get some extra money from the GR gate...really doubt Keener is that hard up for gate money tho

HA! nice

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SR30 on April 26, 2017, 10:59:40 am
Huh? That made no sense
"How to win friends and influence people." I'm sure you're not in sales, not the legal kind anyway.

SR30

Hey bully if your going to try and troll for trash at least don't spell like a bully.. first off its kehner not keener, second your comical little number thing just shows you have no concept of trash talk. Third GR and MC were a long time rival dating back to leather helmet days. When the MC implants moved in from other cities and took over they enjoyed the rivalry because GR was the team everyone wanted for homecoming..then Elmore and kehner come along and put some of the most embarrassing, physical beat downs on MC that they run and hide, refusing to play..and your right GR doesn't need the gate. if I remember correctly the offer was made to play the first 2 games at MC. May have even been first 5. But of course that was refused as well. Heck they won't even come to summer team camps. They travel over to Bismarck so they feel like they accomplish something.
Now Oldman I won't even respond to that because I would receive a lifetime ban from FF because I'd tell you exaclty what I sell..

Bayou Bully

Just do not believe MC Depends on the gate for one game. Also doubt GR Depends on that game as well. Also doubt that you trolling every MC thread pimping the gate game helps any either.

SR30

It's not a matter of needing the gate. Anyone can tell you that the crowd for that game will be bigger than any gate all season long. Who couldn't use the extra $$$

Bayou Bully

emceedd

Quote from: SR30 on April 26, 2017, 03:16:32 pm
Hey bully if your going to try and troll for trash at least don't spell like a bully.. first off its kehner not keener, second your comical little number thing just shows you have no concept of trash talk. Third GR and MC were a long time rival dating back to leather helmet days. When the MC implants moved in from other cities and took over they enjoyed the rivalry because GR was the team everyone wanted for homecoming..then Elmore and kehner come along and put some of the most embarrassing, physical beat downs on MC that they run and hide, refusing to play..and your right GR doesn't need the gate. if I remember correctly the offer was made to play the first 2 games at MC. May have even been first 5. But of course that was refused as well. Heck they won't even come to summer team camps. They travel over to Bismarck so they feel like they accomplish something.
Now Oldman I won't even respond to that because I would receive a lifetime ban from FF because I'd tell you exaclty what I sell..
Glen Rose and Magnet Cove wore leather helmets in the 70's?

gameoflife

Quote from: FBlife on April 26, 2017, 11:43:38 am
He is trying to stay and be the OC with coach carmikle

If there is any truth to the talk of his undercutting the last HC, then the new HC should keep him far away.

old.dole

Hopefully there is no truth to it but if it is id want him as far from football as I could get him if I was coming in.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: Oldman on April 26, 2017, 02:32:09 pm
"How to win friends and influence people." I'm sure you're not in sales, not the legal kind anyway.

He's the lead singer for the soggy bottom boys. Always will be a man of constant sorrow.

SR30

Ha that's funny coming from a banjo picking, pretty mouth having little man.. but nope I'm a proud community member of the dominating football program. What do u have to be proud of?

panther_forever

How good will glen rose be next year after loosing so many seniors.

SR30

GR will be GR year in and year out. Our last year JR high team was undefeated so if anything they will be better.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: SR30 on April 28, 2017, 09:39:40 pm
Ha that's funny coming from a banjo picking, pretty mouth having little man.. but nope I'm a proud community member of the dominating football program. What do u have to be proud of?

A Ph. D. in Educational Psychology and the pure euphoria of knowing I'm not living my life vicariously through my son? A fairly solid grasp of literacy, grammar, and punctuation?

Some people abstain from the groupthink mentality of if you can't beat them, join them.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on April 29, 2017, 09:59:33 am
A Ph. D. in Educational Psychology and the pure euphoria of knowing I'm not living my life vicariously through my son? A fairly solid grasp of literacy, grammar, and punctuation?

Some people abstain from the groupthink mentality of if you can't beat them, join them.
If you're going to spar with him you need to use smaller words.

SR30

If he's going to spar with me he needs to quit hiding behind a screen name and be a man

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas