• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harmony Grove Girls - Legit?

Started by BigBob, February 08, 2017, 08:45:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBob

Seems to be the only girls team from south ark to crack top 6. Anybody know if they are actually good?

Bigpoppie

They are not bad.  I ve saw them play twice.  The first time after I saw them I was really impressed, the second game I came away not as impressed.  They are long and lengthy.  That seems to be a big strength for them. Coach Lowery has them well coached and they are patient on offense.   The 7-2a east girls conference tournament will be good.  Harmony Grove, Springhill, Parkers Chapel, and Rison are pretty decent girls teams.  I could see all of them advancing to state in the regional tournament.

BigBob

Yeah we should be in for a good tourney. Do you have any idea How the district tourney will look?  I know for girls it's 1.) Spring Hill 2.) Parkers Chapel 3.)Lafayette  And Boys 1.) Parkers Chapel 2.) Lafayette County 3.) Spring Hill. Any idea about the other side?

Bigpoppie

I think boys is 1. Bearden 2. Rison 3. HG
Girls 1. H.G 2. Rison 3. Bearden

NWA Hawg

February 09, 2017, 10:59:21 am #4 Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:02:29 am by fann07

How are they going to set up the tournament for this district?

Bigpoppie

1s get bye

2 from west side would play 3 from east

for example boys=Bearden has bye would play the winner of LC and HG in semis?

Thats how I was thinking anyway,, not 100% sure

BigBob

I think you're right.  How's is Beardens gym? I'm not that familiar with the east besides parkers chapel.

HG Hornet

Those girls are scrappy, and they're playing this year without two of their best players from last year's team......one injured her knee early on and the other chose not to play this year.  If those two were in the mix, they just might make CHG history.  As the team stands now, they're very good and will give anyone a game.  These same girls will field a good softball team this Spring too. 

CHG football and girls basketball will make noise again next year as well.

BigBob

I finally got a chance to watch them during beardens senoir night. Very impressed with #12. Looks like they have a solid starting 5, just not sure how deep they were. And also the fact they were playing bearden idk what to take from it. I'm sure it will come down to harmony Grove and Spring Hill girls in district finals. If HG can beat parkers chapel girls

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas