• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barry Norton instantly makes AHS a contender

Started by AHS2005, January 21, 2017, 05:46:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AHS2005

Barry Norton immediately made AHS a title contender for 2K17...he's about to pull a Billy Dawson. You heard it here first folks.

nuttinbuthogs

Nothing is ever a guarantee.  Wish him luck.

AHS06

Quote from: AHS2005 on January 21, 2017, 05:46:07 pm
Barry Norton immediately made AHS a title contender for 2K17...he's about to pull a Billy Dawson. You heard it here first folks.
True Statement! 

Rida4Life

not saying he will or won't make AHS a contender but I think its WAAAAAAY too soon to make that statement.  You never know how the staff and players will take to all of this.  Change can be good but it can sometime go badly as well.
I hope he does well as Class 6A is just plain better when Texarkana is good... but too early to call that one.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Rida4Life on January 24, 2017, 10:20:42 am
not saying he will or won't make AHS a contender but I think its WAAAAAAY too soon to make that statement.  You never know how the staff and players will take to all of this.  Change can be good but it can sometime go badly as well.
I hope he does well as Class 6A is just plain better when Texarkana is good... but too early to call that one.

I am pretty sure this coach will be upgrade! The hogs always have talent some years more than others but it should be a rare year that they are under .500. I am on the outside looking in but most of hogs problems over the last few years is coaching.

AHS2005

Quote from: Rida4Life on January 24, 2017, 10:20:42 am

dude your a hater bro...just sit back..get some popcorn and enjoy the show...you see the dude from crime bluff wasnt a hater...dont be mad or upset AHS is back and back in a major way..#MajorKeyAlert

AHS2005

hey to the hater earlier and the rest around the state...Jordan Hall may very well lead 6A in rushing and may lead the state rushing in 2k17...shout out Connor Nolan tho thats a bad young bull but we're back baby and we're about to make a HUGE splash

AHS2005

Texarkana_Piggie

he is a great coach but i still don't have a good feeling about this whole situation. 

AHS2005

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on January 24, 2017, 06:31:33 pm
he is a great coach but i still don't have a good feeling about this whole situation.

at this point...i just would like to win at any cost and i really think AHS is about to pull a Russellville...one season...me and some of my rowdy friends from Fayetteville are going to rage hard in the Peabody after AHS wins state next year...i cant wait

ricepig

Quote from: AHS2005 on January 24, 2017, 07:54:50 pm
at this point...i just would like to win at any cost and i really think AHS is about to pull a Russellville...one season...me and some of my rowdy friends from Fayetteville are going to rage hard in the Peabody after AHS wins state next year...i cant wait

So, partying in Memphis after the win, that's different.

AHS2005

Quote from: ricepig on January 24, 2017, 08:50:18 pm
So, partying in Memphis after the win, that's different.

your absolutely right...i hate little rock so much i try to avoid going there...i like your style...i completely forgot the ducks arent in LR anymore...well guess we're going to Fayetteville and trash West End or Zs after we win the ship

XFalkonz

It sometimes takes more than just a reputation as a coach to turn around a program..

AHS2005

Quote from: XFalkonz on January 24, 2017, 09:11:11 pm
It sometimes takes more than just a reputation as a coach to turn around a program..

didnt you read the hater disclaimer earlier...and by the way hes 176-32-1...those are omnipotent numbers if you ask me...but who am I hahaha....what size shirt you wear imma get you a AHS hoody for the state championship game

XFalkonz

January 24, 2017, 10:35:05 pm #14 Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:41:29 pm by XFalkonz
Quote from: AHS2005 on January 24, 2017, 09:29:16 pm
didnt you read the hater disclaimer earlier...and by the way hes 176-32-1...those are omnipotent numbers if you ask me...but who am I hahaha....what size shirt you wear imma get you a AHS hoody for the state championship game
I already have one I earned from several years ago....and a ring as well

AHS2005

Quote from: XFalkonz on January 24, 2017, 10:35:05 pm
I already have one I earned from several years ago....and a ring as well

if your part of the fam why question greatness???? i stand corrected your like a little brother of mine brodie

XFalkonz

Lots of questions to be answered before they even play a game. This isn't Texas and he isn't at T high anymore. There is no real comparison with Texas and Arkansas football...but that doesn't mean it is going to be easy for him in Arkansas. He hasn't dealt with a lot of things that are oh so much different in Arkansas than it is in Texas. There will be some adjustments that he will have to make. Not doubting he can do well but before you start engraving A high on a state championship just because they hired Norton you need to realize that there is many a slip between a cup and a lip so wait a tad on deeming him the greatest thing since sliced bread until after he has coached a few games

AHS2005

Quote from: XFalkonz on January 24, 2017, 10:55:45 pm
Lots of questions to be answered before they even play a game. This isn't Texas and he isn't at T high anymore. There is no real comparison with Texas and Arkansas football...but that doesn't mean it is going to be easy for him in Arkansas. He hasn't dealt with a lot of things that are oh so much different in Arkansas than it is in Texas. There will be some adjustments that he will have to make. Not doubting he can do well but before you start engraving A high on a state championship just because they hired Norton you need to realize that there is many a slip between a cup and a lip so wait a tad on deeming him the greatest thing since sliced bread until after he has coached a few games

i feel ya young bull but im almost 30 and me and my peers are HUNGRY NOW...you had bo bigham and DJ to get you one...even fred rose who can spell his own name...and when AAA reclassified AHS had to play a bunch of of pansies...we're neither here nor there but i just wanna beat THS and go on this Swede Lee run one time for the one time

AHS06

Quote from: AHS2005 on January 24, 2017, 11:07:28 pm

i feel ya young bull but im almost 30 and me and my peers are HUNGRY NOW...you had bo bigham and DJ to get you one...even fred rose who can spell his own name...and when AAA reclassified AHS had to play a bunch of of pansies...we're neither here nor there but i just wanna beat THS and go on this Swede Lee run one time for the one time
+1

A lot of these younger players will never understand what it meant to win the state title in the old 5A format.  Running into Mitch Mustain and company in Springdale speaks for itself.  We are all looking forward to another Swede Lee run!

AHS06

Quote from: XFalkonz on January 24, 2017, 10:55:45 pm
You do realize Norton is from Hooks, TX.  He is well aware of the Razorback tradition being from the area.  Norton spent 18 years at Texas High.  He has coached a game in the State of Arkansas for 9 years.  There will not be a shock or major difference in the rules and regulations because Norton is already aware.  This isn't like a completely blind hire.  Norton is knowledgeable of some of the players and coaches at A-High. After all he did have to prepare against them every year.

ricepig

Quote from: AHS06 on January 25, 2017, 06:08:43 am
+1

A lot of these younger players will never understand what it meant to win the state title in the old 5A format.  Running into Mitch Mustain and company in Springdale speaks for itself.  We are all looking forward to another Swede Lee run!

Well, if the numbers hold out, you might just get a chance at that 5A title again in 2018.  ;D

XFalkonz

Quote from: AHS06 on January 25, 2017, 06:16:30 am
You do realize Norton is from Hooks, TX.  He is well aware of the Razorback tradition being from the area.  Norton spent 18 years at Texas High.  He has coached a game in the State of Arkansas for 9 years.  There will not be a shock or major difference in the rules and regulations because Norton is already aware.  This isn't like a completely blind hire.  Norton is knowledgeable of some of the players and coaches at A-High. After all he did have to prepare against them every year.
I know all about where Norton is from and what he has done. I also know that the expectations for him will be outrageous and if he doesn't meet them the moaning and whining will start...again. Give the man some time before you crown him king of Arkansas

Rida4Life

for the record I wasn't hating on Norton or AHS... I said it was a good hire but like Xfalconz I wouldn't engrave his name on the state championship plaque just yet. 
Rick Jones and Scott Reed say hello.  Having a good coach is half the battle.... but kids have to be willing to sacrifice to win.  Talent is obviously there.... but it's tough to gauge the hunger to win.  Maybe THAT is what has been lacking at AHS.  Like I said... time will tell.

AHS_Laserbacks

Quote from: AHS2005 on January 21, 2017, 05:46:07 pm

Listen, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but what makes you think you can predict the future? Norton is a good hire, but that's just the start. It's going to take a lot of hard work to get to where we need to be

No need to put unneeded pressure on these kids. You're making a lot of assumptions without backing it up with much substance, brother

beach bum

January 25, 2017, 12:47:03 pm #24 Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 12:54:57 pm by beach bum
Contenders until they lose to Benton & Greenwood... Don't forget those two schools have good coaches of their own. Russellville will find a good one too.

Pat Swilling

AHS2005

Quote from: AHS_Laserbacks on January 25, 2017, 12:42:50 pm
Listen, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but what makes you think you can predict the future? Norton is a good hire, but that's just the start. It's going to take a lot of hard work to get to where we need to be

No need to put unneeded pressure on these kids. You're making a lot of assumptions without backing it up with much substance, brother

If your part of the FAMILY why break down the foundation we're about to build...and what assumptions am I making my brother? I have much substance my man..even defensive stats

AHS2005

Quote from: beach bum on January 25, 2017, 12:47:03 pm
Contenders until they lose to Benton & Greenwood... Don't forget those two schools have good coaches of their own. Russellville will find a good one too.

We MAY lose to UofG but after that we could possibly run the table...yeah i said it...and i believe it...with a coach that will utilize all the resources at his disposal...General Barry instantly made us winners again..i know it hurts that the city south of LR is back on the map..theres no reason AHS should be a football doormat if theyre winning back to back state titles in track..that alone tells you what type of athletes are walking the halls

AHS2005

Quote from: Rida4Life on January 25, 2017, 10:34:26 am
for the record I wasn't hating on Norton or AHS... I said it was a good hire but like Xfalconz I wouldn't engrave his name on the state championship plaque just yet. 
Rick Jones and Scott Reed say hello.  Having a good coach is half the battle.... but kids have to be willing to sacrifice to win.  Talent is obviously there.... but it's tough to gauge the hunger to win.  Maybe THAT is what has been lacking at AHS.  Like I said... time will tell.

trust me bro...theres a hunger here you wouldnt believe...we've been yearning for a winner since 2005..yeah we won state twice but that was in a watered down conference...Bo Bigham will tell you that..AHS has been a joke for a while yeah sure time will tell but im just telling YOU..dont be surprised if we're holding up a trophy painting the town red in December

SUGARTOWN

This guy must really be a heckuva coach if he's going to turn a program that's won 18 games the past 5 years into a title winner in his first season.  8)

AHS2005

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 25, 2017, 02:46:33 pm
This guy must really be a heckuva coach if he's going to turn a program that's won 18 games the past 5 years into a title winner in his first season.  8)

176-32-1....i would say hes a miracle worker...billy dawson did it..why cant Barry the Great???????????????

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AHS2005 on January 25, 2017, 02:51:15 pm
176-32-1....i would say hes a miracle worker...billy dawson did it..why cant Barry the Great???????????????

Dawson didn't do it his first year, he won 5 games. Good luck though.

AHS2005

Dawson won a state championship at Russvegas his first year is what im saying bro...dude Norton's winless record speaks for itself...where does all this hate come from for AHS...do we intimidate that many schools when we get a good coach? its like yall already know we're about to go on a Fayetteville HS run...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AHS2005 on January 25, 2017, 03:39:51 pm
Dawson won a state championship at Russvegas his first year is what im saying bro...dude Norton's winless record speaks for itself...where does all this hate come from for AHS...do we intimidate that many schools when we get a good coach? its like yall already know we're about to go on a Fayetteville HS run...

No he didn't. This was Dawson's 2nd year at Russellville.

If he brings some players with him, you guys may contend eventually.

AHS2005

haha well i stand corrected my bad but dude russvegas has subpar athletes compared to Arkansas High...im telling you man..if they make it past that first round..im buying clicquot for all my rowdy friends at the championship game...now that bill dawson is going to Fayettenam what else is there to say? Coach Jones is the GOAT and Reed is okay...but Holly isnt that great at El Dorado so idk..

AHS06

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2017, 08:05:34 am
Well, if the numbers hold out, you might just get a chance at that 5A title again in 2018.  ;D
Hopeful wishing from Jonesboro fans.  I want them to hold up because I do not want to move down. 

AHS06

Quote from: XFalkonz on January 25, 2017, 08:07:35 am
I know all about where Norton is from and what he has done. I also know that the expectations for him will be outrageous and if he doesn't meet them the moaning and whining will start...again. Give the man some time before you crown him king of Arkansas
I am not crowning him anything but I do know we'll be in the mix this year.

AHS06

January 25, 2017, 06:10:20 pm #37 Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 06:17:03 pm by AHS06
Quote from: Rida4Life on January 25, 2017, 10:34:26 am
For the record our players are hungry and that has not been lacking at AHS.

We've beat up El Dorado even in our days years.  Reed isn't intimidating anyone in Texarkana.  Things could get interesting with Jones and UofG coming to TK this year.

AHS06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 25, 2017, 02:46:33 pm
Reed did the same thing in El Dorado and it is no different than at Arkansas High.

ricepig

Quote from: AHS06 on January 25, 2017, 06:07:43 pm
Hopeful wishing from Jonesboro fans.  I want them to hold up because I do not want to move down.

Lol, why would we wish that, you're one of the ones we've spanked. Outside of track,I didn't realize you'll even were in our class now......

AHS06

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2017, 07:02:31 pm
Lol, why would we wish that, you're one of the ones we've spanked. Outside of track,I didn't realize you'll even were in our class now......
The below average coach is now gone.  We will return to beating up on Jonesboro on our way to WM.  Kind of sad that Jonesboro has the largest 6A school but haven't sniffed the title game. 

ricepig

Quote from: AHS06 on January 25, 2017, 07:43:08 pm
The below average coach is now gone.  We will return to beating up on Jonesboro on our way to WM.  Kind of sad that Jonesboro has the largest 6A school but haven't sniffed the title game.

Hmm....21-13, or 49-20 52-20, I think you were confused on the beatings. Shoot, we're just a basketball school, and maybe we have a below average coach, too?

zebradynasty

Quote from: AHS2005 on January 25, 2017, 03:48:27 pm
haha well i stand corrected my bad but dude russvegas has subpar athletes compared to Arkansas High...im telling you man..if they make it past that first round..im buying clicquot for all my rowdy friends at the championship game...now that bill dawson is going to Fayettenam what else is there to say? Coach Jones is the GOAT and Reed is okay...but Holly isnt that great at El Dorado so idk..

I am sorry is PB not in 6A anymore?

AHS2005

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 25, 2017, 10:28:01 pm

not really bro...crime bluff has its ups and downs ya know...good luck to yall...hopefully yall arent in the way of this texarkana train

SUGARTOWN

January 26, 2017, 02:41:36 pm #44 Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:48:37 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: zebradynasty on January 25, 2017, 10:28:01 pm

Apparently winning 2 titles in the last 3 years < winning 18 games in the last 5 years. At least to some people.

Over/under on Texarkana wins next year is 5.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AHS2005 on January 26, 2017, 02:34:25 pm
not really bro...crime bluff has its ups and downs ya know...good luck to yall...hopefully yall arent in the way of this texarkana train

Ups and downs...LOL! AH will thank the lucky stars if they could just have a PB down year! We played in 4 consecutive championships and was 2 pts from a 5th last year.... a rebuilding year!

As for the crime bluff...I'm sure Arkansas High's enrollment isn't dropping because it's a wonderful place to live either.

AHS06

January 26, 2017, 07:33:37 pm #46 Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:23:57 am by AHS06
Quote from: zebradynasty on January 26, 2017, 03:27:53 pm
Ups and downs...LOL! AH will thank the lucky stars if they could just have a PB down year! We played in 4 consecutive championships and was 2 pts from a 5th last year.... a rebuilding year!

As for the crime bluff...I'm sure Arkansas High's enrollment isn't dropping because it's a wonderful place to live either.
Our enrollment issues are not the same as in Pine Bluff.  PB enrollment is actually declining at a faster rate than Texarkana.  Our numbers will hold this next cycle and you'll have to deal with this awaken beast from Southwest Arkansas for at least another cycle. 

zebrafan

[/quote]
Quote from: AHS2005 on January 26, 2017, 02:34:25 pm
Well dang🤔

GotInfo?

AHS2005

Quote from: GotInfo? on January 27, 2017, 08:44:24 am
This is comical....
How old are you guys?

I graduated from AHS and UARK  so I'm old enough..what school you support? We'll run in them too on a Friday night

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas