• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Woodlawn to host 1A State Tournament

Started by BossHogs, January 15, 2017, 04:55:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BossHogs

January 15, 2017, 04:55:14 pm Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 05:38:17 pm by BossHogs
Woodlawn will host this years 1A State Tournament. Is it there championship to lose? Who else in 1A should be a contender this year?

2aball

Quote from: BossHogs on January 15, 2017, 04:55:14 pm
Woodlawn will host this years 1A State Tournament. Is it there championship to lose? Who else in 1A should be a contender this year?

Aren't they returning almost everyone from last years 2A state championship team? If so, I'd say they are the favorite for sure.

I'm sure Armorel will be good. They always are.

BossHogs

Yes they return everyone. And yes Armorel should be very good too. They always are.

BLUEBLOOD

January 17, 2017, 09:49:33 am #3 Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 12:14:31 pm by BLUEBLOOD
When considering contenders, the new pitch-count restrictions should be taken into account.  A team that has 3+ quality arms will be needed to make the championship run.  In HS baseball, its not always ace-on-ace.

Woodlawn has to be at the top of the heap.....until someone knocks them off.  I'm sure 2A teams are proud to see them go.

2aball

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on January 17, 2017, 09:49:33 am
When considering contenders, the new pitch-count restrictions should be taken into account.  A team that has 3+ quality arms will be needed to make the championship run.  In HS baseball, its not always ace-on-ace.

Woodlawn has to be at the top of the heap.....until someone knocks them off.  I'm sure 2A teams are proud to see them go.

1A really got hammered by these new classifications. They now have a 20 team state tournament. It was already hard enough having enough good pitchers in the 1A classification, but now that they have to win more games to make it to a state championship game it's even tougher.

2A caught a break. They dropped from a 16 team state tournament to a 12 team state tournament. So if you are fortunate enough to be one of the teams with a bye in the first round then you only have to win 2 games to make it to the championship. That's going to make the tournament a lot more interesting I think. It will be wide open now. There were a lot of 2A teams that had 2 good pitchers, but not many that had 3. The teams that had 3 pitchers had a huge advantage since it was 3 games in 3 days. Now just about all of the 1 seeds should have an equal chance pitching wise.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas