• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne HC opening (filled - Van Paschal)

Started by Razorbacks48, January 09, 2017, 11:08:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JessieP

Yeah Vegas, I gotta concur with you. CoachTaylor may have put the proverbial foot in his mouth with that post. I always defended PA because we get a lot of the same BS. Now we don't have the wealth of PA but we get the "Cheaters" "Rich White Boys" "Pays off refs" taunts thrown at us. When he said they don't care about facilities that was a bit much. Not only do they care about flashy facilities they throw them in your face. I mean they changed uniforms at halftime of the State Championship, it was cold and raining. There are two and only two reasons you do that, 1) you feel it will enhance your ability to win, and you can afford to. 2) If was a symbolic middle finger to Wynne, "hey suckers, look what we can do", and you can afford to.

Before anyone starts accusing me of flip flopping let me specify, my defense of PA was before CoachTaylor proclaimed "Coach Kelly doesn't care about facilities or financial advantage". Yes he does, he not only cares about it he leads with it. 

CoachTaylorPA

MDXPHD, Let me begin by saying I have a tremendous amount of respect for you and your passion for Arkansas High School Football and Batesville in particular.  As someone who chose this career as a profession I greatly respect individuals that strongly support their school community.  I am glad that we can share our opinions on here and at times agree to disagree with a mutual respect.   In the end healthy discussion on Fearless and beyond is good for high school football.

We as a PA football program have a great deal of respect for Batesville and Wynne.  I think their rivalry is one of the top 10 in the state in all classes.  Two neighboring communities that love football and push each other to be the best.  I believe competition makes everyone better.  Also this rivalry leads to some very interesting threads on this board.  I know from competing with you guys it has made our program work harder and improve.  Both of the aforementioned schools have developed some great high school and college football players.

MDXPHD, Below is a list of the players who have been offered division 1 scholarships since 2002.  The number out of high school is 18 including one player who went directly to the Air Force Academy.  I believe playing at a service academy is the highest honor a high school player can choose.  However their scholarship system works differently.  We as a coaching staff at PA celebrate any high school player that gets the opportunity to play at the college level. 

However we as a coaching staff are not going to argue that players have been developed in our school and football program that have gone onto to play college football.  We work very hard to hold them accountable and help give them that opportunity. 

D-1 – FBS School Signees

2016 – Hayden Henry – Arkansas
2015 – Caden Haws BYU
2014 – Will Hefley – Tulsa
2013 – Tyler Colquitt – Arkansas
2012 – Hunter Henry – Arkansas (Chargers)
2011 – Freddie Knighten – Arkansas State
2011- Jason King – Purdue
2011- Jeremy Brady – Tulsa
2010 – Dirk Tanner – La. Tech
2008 – Spencer Keith – Kent State
2008 – Neal Barlow – Arkansas
2007 – Cruise Williams – La. Tech
2006 – Stefan Loucks – Texas Tech
2006 – Broderick Green – Arkansas
2003 – Matt Stoltz- LSU
2003 – Stephen Green- North Carolina

Military Academy/Prep School Signees
2015 – Tre Bruce – MAPS - currently enrolled
2015 – Robert Ator – Air Force Academy -currently enrolled
2005- Steven Newell – Air Force Prep School – Injured knee first year at prep school
2015 Colin Goodwin -  Air Force Prep School  - Stopped playing football and went to Air Force Academy as a Cadet.

Walk- ons who earned scholarship
2003- Jonathan Luigs – Arkansas (Bengals)
2004 – Trevor Gillott – Arkansas State
2003 – John Aaron Reese – Arkansas

Ivy League
Parker Mack – Princeton – Boston College Offered

Notable Walk On not on scholarship
Will Hastings – Auburn

I-AA
Aumerie Wallace - UCA
Ray Jackson - Brown University (Academic only)

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 24, 2017, 07:15:40 am
I didn't say they all signed. I don't know how many have signed. But 30+ have been offered since 2002 or so.

Next you're going to tell me that PA didn't award 148k In financial aid to football players alone In grades 10-12 this year. And that there wasn't  a huge difference in the percentage of financial aid offered to football players compared to other fall sports this season.  ::)

JessieP

February 24, 2017, 03:10:59 pm #352 Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 06:11:11 pm by JessieP
I think the point MDXPHD is trying to make, the point a great many people across the State are trying to make, is how would PA fair if there was zero financial aid ? if every student at PA had to pay their own way, no exceptions. It's none of anyone's business but if the financial aid was eliminated, how many football players would you lose ? if it turns out that not only would you lose players but major contributors then yes, PA has an unfair advantage. IF providing aid enhances he quality of the team then it's grossly unfair. If the answer to that question is yes, then I have been wrong, very wrong. If the answer to the question is yes then PA recruits players. I hope and pray the answer is no, financial aid is given blindly and athletics has no bearing whatsoever. If it is ever proven otherwise then the staff hasn't developed crap, they bought. If football is a consideration to giving aid then sadly PA cheats.

Jackets3

Quote from: CoachTaylorPA on February 24, 2017, 12:27:54 pm
MDXPHD, Let me begin by saying I have a tremendous amount of respect for you and your passion for Arkansas High School Football and Batesville in particular.  As someone who chose this career as a profession I greatly respect individuals that strongly support their school community.  I am glad that we can share our opinions on here and at times agree to disagree with a mutual respect.   In the end healthy discussion on Fearless and beyond is good for high school football.

We as a PA football program have a great deal of respect for Batesville and Wynne.  I think their rivalry is one of the top 10 in the state in all classes.  Two neighboring communities that love football and push each other to be the best.  I believe competition makes everyone better.  Also this rivalry leads to some very interesting threads on this board.  I know from competing with you guys it has made our program work harder and improve.  Both of the aforementioned schools have developed some great high school and college football players.

MDXPHD, Below is a list of the players who have been offered division 1 scholarships since 2002.  The number out of high school is 18 including one player who went directly to the Air Force Academy.  I believe playing at a service academy is the highest honor a high school player can choose.  However their scholarship system works differently.  We as a coaching staff at PA celebrate any high school player that gets the opportunity to play at the college level. 

However we as a coaching staff are not going to argue that players have been developed in our school and football program that have gone onto to play college football.  We work very hard to hold them accountable and help give them that opportunity. 

D-1 – FBS School Signees

2016 – Hayden Henry – Arkansas
2015 – Caden Haws BYU
2014 – Will Hefley – Tulsa
2013 – Tyler Colquitt – Arkansas
2012 – Hunter Henry – Arkansas (Chargers)
2011 – Freddie Knighten – Arkansas State
2011- Jason King – Purdue
2011- Jeremy Brady – Tulsa
2010 – Dirk Tanner – La. Tech
2008 – Spencer Keith – Kent State
2008 – Neal Barlow – Arkansas
2007 – Cruise Williams – La. Tech
2006 – Stefan Loucks – Texas Tech
2006 – Broderick Green – Arkansas
2003 – Matt Stoltz- LSU
2003 – Stephen Green- North Carolina

Military Academy/Prep School Signees
2015 – Tre Bruce – MAPS - currently enrolled
2015 – Robert Ator – Air Force Academy -currently enrolled
2005- Steven Newell – Air Force Prep School – Injured knee first year at prep school
2015 Colin Goodwin -  Air Force Prep School  - Stopped playing football and went to Air Force Academy as a Cadet.

Walk- ons who earned scholarship
2003- Jonathan Luigs – Arkansas (Bengals)
2004 – Trevor Gillott – Arkansas State
2003 – John Aaron Reese – Arkansas

Ivy League
Parker Mack – Princeton – Boston College Offered

Notable Walk On not on scholarship
Will Hastings – Auburn

I-AA
Aumerie Wallace - UCA
Ray Jackson - Brown University (Academic only)

Pretty impressive for a school with 3A enrollment.

RedJacket

Quote from: JessieP on February 24, 2017, 03:10:59 pm
I think the point MDXPHD is trying to make, the point a great many people across the State are trying to make, is how would PA fair if there was zero financial aid ? if every student at PA had to pay their own way, no exceptions. It's none of anyone's business but if the financial aid was eliminated how many football players would you lose ? if it turns out that not only would you lose players but major contributors then yes, PA has an unfair advantage. It providing aid enhances he quality of the team then it's grossly unfair. If the answer to that question is yes then I have been wrong, very wrong. If the answer to the question is yes then PA recruits players. I hope and pray the answer is no, financial aid is given blindly and athletics has no bearing whatsoever. If it is ever proven otherwise then the staff hasn't developed crap, they bought. If football is a consideration to giving aid then sadly PA cheats.

That's the best analogy I've seen.  Very well stated.

MDXPHD

Here is the list from another thread. I don't have time to compare them right now though. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it seems to be 30 players at least if this one is accurate. Coach Taylor, any idea which players on this list should be scratched just by looking at it? I appreciate your honesty and also professionalism when discussing these topics. I was once in the coaching realm, so I know a small version of that side of things.

1. Stefan Loucks - Texas Tech
2. Broderick Green - USC
3. Hunter Henry - Arkansas
4. Adam Thrash - Alabama
5. Spencer Keith - Tulsa
6. Fredi Knighten - Arkansas State University
7. Ben Sessions - Harvard
8. Cameron Colbert - Arkansas
9. Jeremy Brady - Tulsa
10. Jason King - Purdue
11. John Aaron Rees - Arkansas
12. Trent Peterson - SE Missouri State
13. Trevor Gillott - Arkansas State University
14. Will Hastings - Auburn
15. Will Hefley - Tulsa
16. Reed Rickenbach - Memphis
17. Cruz Williams - Louisiana Tech
18. Caden Haws - BYU
19. Tre Bruce - Army
20. Dirk Tanner - Louisiana Tech
21. Neal Barlow - Arkansas
22. Austin Noonan - Army
23. Aaron Langford - Arkansas State University
24. Matt Stoltz - LSU
25. Stephen Green - North Carolina
26. Jonathan Luigs - Arkansas
27. Justin Charette - Ole Miss
28. Robert Ator - Air Force
29. Adam Pierce - Arkansas
30. Matt Kolb - Arkansas

STBruin

Believe the differences between the 2 lists is that Coach Taylors is kids who were offered scholarships and this list includes walk ons...

MDXPHD

Quote from: STBruin on February 24, 2017, 09:08:37 pm
Believe the differences between the 2 lists is that Coach Taylors is kids who were offered scholarships and this list includes walk ons...

Thanks. I was just referring to D-1 players. My apologies if I said offers or signees, etc.

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 24, 2017, 06:10:06 pm
Here is the list from another thread. I don't have time to compare them right now though. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it seems to be 30 players at least if this one is accurate. Coach Taylor, any idea which players on this list should be scratched just by looking at it? I appreciate your honesty and also professionalism when discussing these topics. I was once in the coaching realm, so I know a small version of that side of things.

1. Stefan Loucks - Texas Tech
2. Broderick Green - USC
3. Hunter Henry - Arkansas
4. Adam Thrash - Alabama
5. Spencer Keith - Tulsa
6. Fredi Knighten - Arkansas State University
7. Ben Sessions - Harvard
8. Cameron Colbert - Arkansas
9. Jeremy Brady - Tulsa
10. Jason King - Purdue
11. John Aaron Rees - Arkansas
12. Trent Peterson - SE Missouri State
13. Trevor Gillott - Arkansas State University
14. Will Hastings - Auburn
15. Will Hefley - Tulsa
16. Reed Rickenbach - Memphis
17. Cruz Williams - Louisiana Tech
18. Caden Haws - BYU
19. Tre Bruce - Army
20. Dirk Tanner - Louisiana Tech
21. Neal Barlow - Arkansas
22. Austin Noonan - Army
23. Aaron Langford - Arkansas State University
24. Matt Stoltz - LSU
25. Stephen Green - North Carolina
26. Jonathan Luigs - Arkansas
27. Justin Charette - Ole Miss
28. Robert Ator - Air Force
29. Adam Pierce - Arkansas
30. Matt Kolb - Arkansas

OK, to see that list laid out like that you do think "that seems a little out of proportion for a private "academic based" school with such low student enrollment numbers". I'm not saying I was wrong in my beliefs but that list does provoke quite a "hmmm".

CoachTaylorPA

February 24, 2017, 10:21:05 pm #359 Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:24:55 pm by CoachTaylorPA
The list included  12 Walkons listed that in most cases red shirted a year and never made it to the game field.  I respect kids who walk on and play for the love of the game. I know you like to work with factual information thus my list of players. 

JessieP

I will say one thing. I, or other fans may have opinions one way or another but it's ours and not shared by the Batesville coaching staff. I swear it's a lovefest to hear them talk about PA. I always thought it was just a front for appearances until I went to the Batesville/PA game this year. King and Kelly were standing at the 50 yard line a good 90 minutes before the game. For over 45 minutes they talked, laughed and slapped each others back about 10 times. I couldn't hear obviously but it looked like they were old college roommates remembering old times. They both praise each other in the media and you get the impression they really like each other. So any ill feelings or resentments towards PA is not a view shared by the Pioneer coaches.

CoachTaylorPA

February 25, 2017, 12:12:26 am #361 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 12:17:22 am by CoachTaylorPA
JessieP, You  stated that our program has an open checkbook.  I disagreed with you. This frustrated you along with my statements about facilities (see below) being overrated and set off the following chain events.  My responses are below.  I respect your opinions and well thought out posts.  Below I have responded.  Sometimes we have to agree to disagree but with respect and civility.

Jessie P, I think saying we have an open check book behind our program is an overstatement.  Several schools have far nicer facilities than we do.  Also i think facilities are overrated.  As coaches at PA we are glad we don't have an indoor.  My opinion is you need to practice in the rain if your going to play in the rain.  We workout from 1:30 -3:30 in the summer.  Coach Kelley wants our kids out at the hottest time of the day getting acclimated to the heat.  When August rolls around we are ready.   The end of the playoffs are going to be cold so teams need to prepare in the cold.. I believe turf is vital for obvious reasons.  A lot of schools have first rate facilities but don't get desired results on the field. Also I think PA , Batesville, Wynne, Morrilton and Greenwood train their players very similar which is why they are very good.  I have friends who coach on those teams and know their philosophy. Whatever program your examining many of the same philosophies will manifest themselves in different ways.  No magic bullet exists.

Then you stated I've always been somewhat of a defender of PA but CoachTaylor's post blew a lot of my defense out of the water. Against indoor practice facility ? Kelly wants them to handle the elements ? OK Coach, why did you change uniforms at halftime in the rain ?

Im going to respond to this first.  We are not against an indoor practice facility but we do not have plans to build one and we feel like we will continue competing at a high level  In my opinion I think advantages exist in practicing outside all the time because the games will be in those conditions. I will respond more to uniforms later.  Regardless of what gear your wearing I think its good physiologically to train your body in an environment similar to game temperature.  Wynne before the state championship game was practicing with a wet football that was being dumped in a bucket of water.   Chris obviously saw the value in that preparation.  Another reason I derived this belief is how the Packers and Patriots love playing in the cold and some teams from warmer climates struggle in the cold.  Maybe its psychology but I think there is validity in my point.  As a side note Im sure Coach King will be conducting his August two a day practices outside in the heat like always not in the new indoor.  I think its great you guys are building that for all your athletic programs.

T[b]hen you said

DX, by all means keep bashing PA, it seems to be the thrust of the majority of your post. Try to understand this, your never ending onslaught doesn't belittle or cheapen their accomplishments, not one bit. All is does is puff up PA's chest a little. By constantly trying to explain away what they have won does nothing but feed their ego. As an admitted Pioneer fan I chose to take the stance "we beat their rear before, we'll beat it again". As a Pioneer we are not worried about financial aid or how many camps they pay for, It didn't seem to bother East Salt Lake much either.

[/b]
We don't pay for any camps.  I also like your mindset here of no excuses find a way to win.  I believe this is Batesville's Championship mentality.

And CoachTaylor, you are kidding aren't you ? I mean that post was meant as a joke, right ? we don't care about facilities ? that's the story your sticking with ? PA built a multi million dollar training facility. They weren't content with posting the video celebrating it on the school website. No no no, they sent a copy of the video to every news outlet in Arkansas, Texas and Missouri. You don't care about facilities ? why do you spend so much time and money promoting them ?

We did build a new facility.  I am certain it was not multi million dollar but it's very nice.  The Center consists of a weight room, equipment room, coaches office, training room, and locker room for the players.  I don't know of any news outlet or out of state contact we made about the facility.   Also I don't know of any video that was shared outside our school communications about the facility.  Up until last year we had an 800 square foot weightroom in the basement of a school building and our locker room was in the gym.  No complaints here we worked hard in these facilities to be the best.

Then you said
Yeah Vegas, I gotta concur with you. CoachTaylor may have put the proverbial foot in his mouth with that post. I always defended PA because we get a lot of the same BS. Now we don't have the wealth of PA but we get the "Cheaters" "Rich White Boys" "Pays off refs" taunts thrown at us. When he said they don't care about facilities that was a bit much. Not only do they care about flashy facilities they throw them in your face. I mean they changed uniforms at halftime of the State Championship, it was cold and raining. There are two and only two reasons you do that, 1) you feel it will enhance your ability to win, and you can afford to. 2) If was a symbolic middle finger to Wynne, "hey suckers, look what we can do", and you can afford to.

Before anyone starts accusing me of flip flopping let me specify, my defense of PA was before CoachTaylor proclaimed "Coach Kelly doesn't care about facilities or financial advantage". Yes he does, he not only cares about it he leads with it.

I am not putting my foot in my mouth.  I am still curious as to how changing uniforms means we are throwing facilities in your face.  I addressed earlier that practicing outside in any gear has physiological and psychological benefits.    You are correct that we felt like changing uniforms would enhance our ability to win by being dry.  We also had towels and dry balls on the sideline as well.   Also I may be mistaken but doesn't Wynne have three jerseys White, Blue, and a Yellow ?  Also I can assure you in no way did we want to disrespect Wynne or give the finger to anyone.  I never said Kevin doesn't care about facilities.  I stated that facilities are overrated.  Also I said we do not feel an indoor in necessary to win at a high level.  I also said turf is important.  I don't think Coach Kelley leads with financial advantage I think in one of your previous post you outlined well about how challenges exist everywhere they are just different.  Also I think Coach Kelley would lead with many of the same principles Wynne and Batesville's program is built on like hardwork, discipline, pride, and sacrifice. 

I will say one thing. I, or other fans may have opinions one way or another but it's ours and not shared by the Batesville coaching staff. I swear it's a lovefest to hear them talk about PA. I always thought it was just a front for appearances until I went to the Batesville/PA game this year. King and Kelly were standing at the 50 yard line a good 90 minutes before the game. For over 45 minutes they talked, laughed and slapped each others back about 10 times. I couldn't hear obviously but it looked like they were old college roommates remembering old times. They both praise each other in the media and you get the impression they really like each other. So any ill feelings or resentments towards PA is not a view shared by the Pioneer coaches.

Our coaching staffs respect each other greatly and Batesville's program is tops in the state.
Jessie,  closing  it all out I will say the following.  Facilities are overrated.  Im not whining or complaining here but the fact is several schools have better facilities than we do and several schools do not have as updated facilities as we do.    Facilities don't win games.  Uniforms don't win games.  Coaches who can teach, motivate, and discipline win games.  Players that work hard, listen, and execute win games.   Do some of those resources help yes but its been proven to not be the key.  If you look at college football for example some schools that have state of the art resources  go .500 every year.  JessieP enjoy your weekend.  I for one am looking forward to the Batesville vs. Wynne game next year. 

CoachTaylorPA

Vegasbobcat, I'm not asking for sympathy about facilities.  Its factual that schools have newer facilities than we do.  Also other schools facilities are not as nice. To respond to part of your post I say the following.  Mills is getting a brand new weight room, indoor turf field, new weight equipment, new track, and turf game field.  I think its great for the kids and school.  I like when communities invest and try to improve their program.  McClellan made it to a state title game with their facilities. Also LRSD is building a new million dollar high school to combine Fair and McClellan into a 7A school.   They will have new athletic as well as academic facilities.  Again I think its great for the kids and community.  I think Coach Bolding will do very good things at Parkview.  Also in basketball these schools do really well. 

Quote from: vegasbobcat on February 24, 2017, 11:05:04 am
I just think its a shame that a coach from PA would talk a bout how "several" schools have nicer facilities.  Most don't have your facilities.  Most don't have your athletes. Most don't have your parents.  Most don't have the ability to compete with you.  Just look at your conference and tell me That mills and McClellan and parkview and fair have the resources to compete.  Just stop.

JessieP

Thank you CoachTaylor for responding. I think you misunderstood my point. You admitted that yes, the uniform changes were to gain an advantage. That's honest, some PA fans were posting that the uniform change gave them no competitive edge, it did. My point was sure it's legal, but why do it ? the game was a forgone conclusion by halftime, so why do something you knew would be perceived as taunting ?

Another point I made that was grossly misunderstood was about PA's success being a little more impressive given the type of athlete they have. Every point other posters made disputing my statement are true. Programs in financially strapped area's suffer greater challenges. Missing meals, lack of transportation to practices, smaller outdated facilities, unstable home environments and all the other issues pointed out are true. Heartbreaking and tragic but very true. I am walking on eggshells so my point can't be misconstrued as ignorant or mean spirited, but here goes. Football at it's core is a violent game, sure you have the cerebral aspect of it. Advanced offenses, modern training and nutrition are all factors in the modern game. But it's still very much an organized street fight. Any West Coast high flying shoot it out offense can be beat by a defense that lines up and smacks you in the mouth. In the 80's Barry Switzer caught a lot of flak for saying "I love poor inner city kids. If a kid has to fight for his next meal I know he'll fight for the ball", a crude insensitive statement but also true. PA's teams are disciplined and well coached but they are hardly athletic freaks. If they said after the Championship game Wynne and PA are going to meet in the parking lot for a street fight. 100% of the people are picking Wynne, tough hard nosed kids. So yes, PA is impressive in that they win, a lot, but have very few tough as nails kids.

CoachTaylorPA

Jessie, Another really good post. I think I eluded to this earlier as you previously stated. challenges exist everywhere.  Many of the coaches I know including myself got into this business to help kids.  I've coached in public school before.  I have a very informed perspective of school climates.  I think certain coaches do really well in certain climates.  Chris Hill, Bobby Bolding (pine bluff), Jamie Mitchell (NLR),Buck James,  Rick Jones (Greenwood), Kevin Kelley, Billly Dawson (Russellville) all have been able to take their programs to championship levels.  All of the coaches have done this in completely different cultures and managed the challenges and positives that exist in those climates.  It all starts with the leader and with the right leader it can be done. I think 99% of the time I agree with your perspective and respect your ability to see all sides of the issue.  Talk about walking around on eggshells. I should of known better than to comment on a Wynne Batesville thread.

CoachTaylorPA

February 25, 2017, 08:34:06 pm #365 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:36:16 pm by CoachTaylorPA
-

RZback

Quote from: JessieP on February 23, 2017, 10:23:51 pm
I don't feel that economic standing enhances or belittles any success on the field. Traditionally inner city schools produce more athletic teams. I myself think that because PA is a school of generally privileged kids it makes their success more impressive. The kids at PA may not be as athletic or as 'hard nosed' as kids at tougher schools. That means they need to work a little harder. Again, why are we here at a point where people are trying to diminish what PA has accomplished. Why is it so hard for people to just say "Their good, they work hard and they win". I can tell you from personal experience that when I played High School Football growing up in Texas, when you had a wealthy school on the schedule you knew it would be an easy night. The poorer inner city schools were dogfights. PA has prospered in spite of it's wealth.

RZback

Quote from: JessieP on February 23, 2017, 10:23:51 pm
I don't feel that economic standing enhances or belittles any success on the field. Traditionally inner city schools produce more athletic teams. I myself think that because PA is a school of generally privileged kids it makes their success more impressive. The kids at PA may not be as athletic or as 'hard nosed' as kids at tougher schools. That means they need to work a little harder. Again, why are we here at a point where people are trying to diminish what PA has accomplished. Why is it so hard for people to just say "Their good, they work hard and they win". I can tell you from personal experience that when I played High School Football growing up in Texas, when you had a wealthy school on the schedule you knew it would be an easy night. The poorer inner city schools were dogfights. PA has prospered in spite of it's wealth.

Sure, you are always better with dumb players.

JessieP

Quote from: RZback on February 26, 2017, 09:49:40 pm
Sure, you are always better with dumb players.

I wanted it noted that RZback was the one that insinuated inner city, urban or kids from economically depressed area's are dumb. Those are not my words or beliefs. I myself do not think that way. Wow, inner city kids are dumb ? RZback is brutal.

RZback

Quote from: JessieP on February 27, 2017, 02:08:24 pm
I wanted it noted that RZback was the one that insinuated inner city, urban or kids from economically depressed area's are dumb. Those are not my words or beliefs. I myself do not think that way. Wow, inner city kids are dumb ? RZback is brutal.

NO, I did not say that.  I was referring to your statement that economic standing did not have an affect on success on the field.  Data shows that higher levels of economic support at home reflect higher scores academically.  If you search you will find that the academic standing of inner city schools tend to suffer. 

footballfan-tastic

Quote from: JessieP on February 25, 2017, 04:23:54 pm
Thank you CoachTaylor for responding. I think you misunderstood my point. You admitted that yes, the uniform changes were to gain an advantage. That's honest, some PA fans were posting that the uniform change gave them no competitive edge, it did. My point was sure it's legal, but why do it ? the game was a forgone conclusion by halftime, so why do something you knew would be perceived as taunting ?

Another point I made that was grossly misunderstood was about PA's success being a little more impressive given the type of athlete they have. Every point other posters made disputing my statement are true. Programs in financially strapped area's suffer greater challenges. Missing meals, lack of transportation to practices, smaller outdated facilities, unstable home environments and all the other issues pointed out are true. Heartbreaking and tragic but very true. I am walking on eggshells so my point can't be misconstrued as ignorant or mean spirited, but here goes. Football at it's core is a violent game, sure you have the cerebral aspect of it. Advanced offenses, modern training and nutrition are all factors in the modern game. But it's still very much an organized street fight. Any West Coast high flying shoot it out offense can be beat by a defense that lines up and smacks you in the mouth. In the 80's Barry Switzer caught a lot of flak for saying "I love poor inner city kids. If a kid has to fight for his next meal I know he'll fight for the ball", a crude insensitive statement but also true. PA's teams are disciplined and well coached but they are hardly athletic freaks. If they said after the Championship game Wynne and PA are going to meet in the parking lot for a street fight. 100% of the people are picking Wynne, tough hard nosed kids. So yes, PA is impressive in that they win, a lot, but have very few tough as nails kids.

I like what you say except that one of the problems in the inner city and inner city schools is that often kids don't stick with it when it becomes difficult.  That is true in life in general, the workplace, academics and unfortunately athletics.  Kids who have had it hard and had little support often don't know how to get tough when the problems and disappointments show up. They get involved in the wrong things with the wrong group.

ricefarmer

Just to add another antic that has back fired on CHiP.  Sounds like he is officially done at Wynne.  Was supposed to be there til April 28th.  Began calling in sick and for some reason violated the personnel policies of how to correctly use sick days.  Anywho.. ...   not to mention his wife's post on facebook on please share away to help sell their house.  That's good stuff.   

OverPrivileged

I would have to disagree that PA does not have tough kids or that they aren't super talented.  For a 5A football team they have a lot of talent especially considering the teams they play in this state.  And that talent competes for playing time in practice.  Iron Sharpens Iron.  And if you think they are not tough, go and check how well they compete in the wrestling circle.  Wrestlers are tough and PA is exceptional at wrestling in this state.  Disciplined, Talented and Tough.  Toughness is not how well they fight in a parking lot. 

GuvHog

Quote from: vegasbobcat on February 24, 2017, 11:05:04 am
I just think its a shame that a coach from PA would talk a bout how "several" schools have nicer facilities.  Most don't have your facilities.  Most don't have your athletes. Most don't have your parents.  Most don't have the ability to compete with you.  Just look at your conference and tell me That mills and McClellan and parkview and fair have the resources to compete.  Just stop.

Most schools don't have a well known Automobile dealership owner footing the bill for some of their players was well as employing and financially aiding their parents either.

FD4

Chip is CH's brother, has no house just a block away from where I live, Chris does, but Chip doesn't.  Cant say anything about school contracts and days off but if you work for the city of Wynne, at least at the Fire Department, Sick days are strictly monitored and often considered a privilege and are not abused.  To do so and get caught warrants a reprimand, a second offense would warrant termination.  Just that simple.  Chris is headed to the next level, where is your head coach headed after high school?  I for one like what Chris was able to do with our limited talent here and wish him well in the future.   

ricefarmer

Quote from: FD4 on March 06, 2017, 02:16:36 pm
Chip is CH's brother, has no house just a block away from where I live, Chris does, but Chip doesn't.  Cant say anything about school contracts and days off but if you work for the city of Wynne, at least at the Fire Department, Sick days are strictly monitored and often considered a privilege and are not abused.  To do so and get caught warrants a reprimand, a second offense would warrant termination.  Just that simple.  Chris is headed to the next level, where is your head coach headed after high school?  I for one like what Chris was able to do with our limited talent here and wish him well in the future.   
I believe you're the only one still believing who CHiP is but that 's ok.  You can probably get away with bullying college kids since you recruit them but like at Wynne it will catch up with you.  FD4- you're a good guy but you can't fathom the things CHiP did because you saw it from the outside.  Like I said before, I could go on and on about his abuse of his position, bullying kids, $, division of sports, division of teachers, parents,etc....

RebelPride04

Quote from: ricefarmer on March 06, 2017, 09:35:34 pm
I believe you're the only one still believing who CHiP is but that 's ok.  You can probably get away with bullying college kids since you recruit them but like at Wynne it will catch up with you.  FD4- you're a good guy but you can't fathom the things CHiP did because you saw it from the outside.  Like I said before, I could go on and on about his abuse of his position, bullying kids, $, division of sports, division of teachers, parents,etc....

If you want to see abuse go up to Hill and tell him that you are the coward that goes by ricefarmer. I've never seen someone that is so obsessed with another man. So he divided teachers, sports, and parents? He must be the most powerful man in the world to have that kind of effect on people. Stop obsessing over Hill ricefarmer, He's a married man. Requiring hard work, great effort, good behavior,  attendance, and great technique from kids is not bullying it's called coaching, Hill has his way of doing it just like every other coach does. Too many of you Liberal idiots throw out bullying every other word. The kids care for and respect Hill, there are times where every player doesn't care for their coach, parent, teacher, boss, etc. that's a given. But every player leaves respecting Coach Hill and glad they got to play under him because he requires them to give all they have. Ricefarmer if you want Hill's number message me and I'll give it to you sweetheart!

Chip

^^^ +1

BOOM! I would love to be there to see ricericebaby and Chris meet!!!

FD4

Rice, maybe I don't see it from the inside, but any one that can coach as good as Chris can, while calling plays from the sideline of ballgame, against a powerhouse out of state hosting team, on their homecoming night, with a catfish fillet in his hand munching away, while beating the breaks off of them, is OK in my book.  Was there, know who gave him the fillets, old ball headed former Parkin Tiger state champ.  To top it off, it was fish from the hosting team booster club, free to boot!  Is that not crazy or what?

RedJacket

Rice, Chip is Chris's brother not Chris.  We have had several conversations about the postings on here on Friday nights on the sideline.

Jckt4years

Quote from: Chip on March 07, 2017, 09:50:12 am
^^^ +1

BOOM! I would love to be there to see ricericebaby and Chris meet!!!

This is such crap!!!  I know of a few guys that gave him an opportunity to prove himself after bullying the players and not once did he even want to respond or stand up.   He also disliked baikey so much that he suggested a friend of his should try to pick a fight with him.  Of course Chris just always antangonized Bailey as well as others.  Quit acting like he is such a bad rear.  Bullying players and others that are weaker is not a sign of strength or integrity.  It is the essence of weakness and a coward. 

Jckt4years

Quote from: RebelPride04 on March 07, 2017, 09:19:46 am
If you want to see abuse go up to Hill and tell him that you are the coward that goes by ricefarmer. I've never seen someone that is so obsessed with another man. So he divided teachers, sports, and parents? He must be the most powerful man in the world to have that kind of effect on people. Stop obsessing over Hill ricefarmer, He's a married man. Requiring hard work, great effort, good behavior,  attendance, and great technique from kids is not bullying it's called coaching, Hill has his way of doing it just like every other coach does. Too many of you Liberal idiots throw out bullying every other word. The kids care for and respect Hill, there are times where every player doesn't care for their coach, parent, teacher, boss, etc. that's a given. But every player leaves respecting Coach Hill and glad they got to play under him because he requires them to give all they have. Ricefarmer if you want Hill's number message me and I'll give it to you sweetheart!

You know what, you absolutely have no idea.   The kids do not feel that way.  Byes a few do, but when numbers go fr 80 to 50 in 4 years there is a problem.   If he cares about the kids why was he not at the signings of his seniors?   One thing I will give him, he is absolutely the best at manipulating those around him into doing his bidding.   Just disagree or cross him one time, you would see real quick.    I don't agree with ricefarmer on everything but what you just said is absolute blind love for him and complete bs.  He promised so much but delivered so little off the. Field.   Of course all you care about is on the field.  One other question, if he cared for the kids, why push them to drop other sports?  Why is it he has never gotten along with any admin or coaches of other sports at any stop??  Why does everywhere he leave say the same things and want and glad he is gone??why??

Rick Swines

Wow Coach hill is living rent free in ricefarmers head! Did he bench your son? Chris is a good man. He is very strict and that doesn't equate well to the liberal society America is becoming.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Rick Swines on March 08, 2017, 09:22:52 pm
Wow Coach hill is living rent free in ricefarmers head! Did he bench your son? Chris is a good man. He is very strict and that doesn't equate well to the liberal society America is becoming.

Too many snowflakes today.

Lions84

STUNNA

Did Wynne lose any coaches due to the hire?

OB11

April 18, 2017, 01:58:46 pm #386 Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 02:00:37 pm by OB11
Quote from: STUNNA on April 18, 2017, 01:55:24 pm
Did Wynne lose any coaches due to the hire?

I thought I saw on the AAA website that they were advertising for an assistant.

EDIT: Went and looked. The job was posted April 3rd. This is from the AAA job board.

Wynne High school is seeking an assistant senior high football coach with teaching and second sport to be determined. If you are interested please apply at wynneschools.org. If you have any questions please contact Head Football Coach Van Paschal at vpaschal@wynneschools.org or AD Kenneth Moore at kennethmoore@wynneschools.org or 870-587-0239
Submitted by: Kenneth Moore
Posted: 4/3/2017

footballfan-tastic

another site says a wynne coach took a job at Fayetteville.

STUNNA

oldjacketman

Multiple assistants will be leaving. Pretty much the entire offensive staff.

SUGARTOWN

ricefarmer

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on April 19, 2017, 10:41:46 am
Why?

Word is since McBride didn't get the HC job they were unhappy.  Rightfully so.  But CHiP blackballed him as he left town, convincing his SB buddies that McBride should NOT be the next coach. 

oldjacketman

That isn't true. Hill's brother didn't black ball anyone, nor did Hill.

ricefarmer

Quote from: oldjacketman on April 20, 2017, 06:28:37 am

Um ok.... enough of the kool aid.

GuvHog

Quote from: oldjacketman on April 20, 2017, 06:28:37 am

There has to be something amiss up there. It's very rare in Arkansas for that many assistant coaches to leave from a school after a new HC is hired.

walkingguy72396

If an Assistant Coach wants to become a Head Coach.

When the School you are currently at hires a new Head Coach is the perfect time too do it.

RZback

Quote from: GuvHog on April 22, 2017, 09:06:36 am
There has to be something amiss up there. It's very rare in Arkansas for that many assistant coaches to leave from a school after a new HC is hired.

Just how many assistants are leaving?  How many are getting a HC job? 

oldjacketman

As of now, 4 are leaving. 1 head coaching job.

OB11

Quote from: oldjacketman on April 24, 2017, 10:06:45 am
As of now, 4 are leaving. 1 head coaching job.

Are they letting Paschal reach out to candidates or is the administration heading up the search?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas