• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorites for next Year?

Started by PA Dad, December 11, 2016, 09:19:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on January 25, 2017, 12:17:19 pm
Why not schedule someone like Fayetteville or NLR in a real game??
Those teams won't agree to the game.  Nothing in it for them.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on January 25, 2017, 08:42:52 pm
Those teams won't agree to the game.  Nothing in it for them.
I don't see why? Pulaski Academy is a nationally recognized program regardless of classification.

STBruin

I would be willing to bet the larger schools are hesitant to agree to a game

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 27, 2017, 06:03:32 am
I don't see why? Pulaski Academy is a nationally recognized program regardless of classification.
It is my understanding PA has attempted to schedule and been denied. I'm sure the grief that Cabot took a few years ago doesn't help.

MDXPHD

GuvHog

March 20, 2017, 12:59:45 pm #55 Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 10:38:19 am by GuvHog
It's my understanding that this season will be PA's last in 5A as they are moving up to 6A for the 2018 season. They'll get tested there.

As far as this year's 5A South goes, Watson Chapel, White Hall, and Lakeside should be the favorites. Magnolia is getting better though and one can never count out Camden Fairview or Hope.

PA Dad

Quote from: GuvHog on March 20, 2017, 12:59:45 pm
It's my understanding that this season will be PA's last in 5A as they are moving up to 6A for the 2018 season. They'll get tested there.

As far as this year's 5A South goes, Watson Chapel, White Hall, and lakeside should be the favorites. Magnolia is getting better though and one can never count out Camden Fairview or Hope.

Is it official that PA is moving up?  I hope it's true, but I haven't heard that.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: PA Dad on March 20, 2017, 02:15:52 pm
Is it official that PA is moving up?  I hope it's true, but I haven't heard that.

Nothing could be official at this point.  Reclassification numbers don't come out for another month.  For PA to go up to 6A the lowest 6A school by student population would have to come down, as of the last count that would be Greenwood.  There is an interesting prediction thread in the morning quarterback forum on the new numbers.

tmycjy

Here my top 10 teams

1.Pulask academy ( until they lose there number 1
2.wynne ( 2 out of 3 state title game  has almost everyone back)
3 batesville 7 straight year of simi final games or finals)
4 Watson chapel ( win the right games could go deep
5 Blytheville ( getting better every year sense Ben fisher been name head coach )
6 sylvan Hills ( could go deep with right seed could lose early with wrong seed )
7 LR McClellan ( same as number 6 )
8 white hall ( shock everyone lost year could do it again )
9. Forrest city ( could go deep if they get hot)
10 alma ( don't know much about there team right now

walkingguy72396

I do not know any-thing about Sylvan Hills.  But if they are better than last year.  They are going to be a handful.

tmycjy

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on March 23, 2017, 03:46:30 pm
I do not know any-thing about Sylvan Hills.  But if they are better than last year.  They are going to be a handful.

You right but if they get a real good team in the playoff they my not win

FD4

7 and 25 (Lightning and Thunder) should be both in the backfield this season.  Look for more production out of our QB also, (3rd year starter), the Line will be as if not more salty than last season.  Jessup should be back on defense, secondary will be as usual, unless Van decides to allow Luke to play some safety or corner when needed.  Linbackers will be top notch and Hicks will be much stronger than last season on the line as well.

I attended the Liberty Bowl this season, got a chance to see Neck Chub up close.  Hicks is bigger in the legs.  Should be a great season if we can make it through district with no injuries.

Dad, so yall waited until Hatch was in the 6th, why so late?

PA Dad

Quote from: FD4 on April 03, 2017, 04:54:44 pm
7 and 25 (Lightning and Thunder) should be both in the backfield this season.  Look for more production out of our QB also, (3rd year starter), the Line will be as if not more salty than last season.  Jessup should be back on defense, secondary will be as usual, unless Van decides to allow Luke to play some safety or corner when needed.  Linbackers will be top notch and Hicks will be much stronger than last season on the line as well.

I attended the Liberty Bowl this season, got a chance to see Neck Chub up close.  Hicks is bigger in the legs.  Should be a great season if we can make it through district with no injuries.

Dad, so yall waited until Hatch was in the 6th, why so late?

Out talent scouts fell down on the job.

FD4

Good Stuff, here in Wynne we go all out, we actually council the parents prior to conception!

AT

Pre-Season Top Ten
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Watson Chapel
6. Alma
7. White Hall
8. Morrilton
9. Forrest City
10. Harrison

Tell me why your team (or any team) should be lower, higher, on the list, not on the list.

Lumberjackfan1978

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on April 30, 2017, 07:06:59 pm
Pre-Season Top Ten
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Watson Chapel
6. Alma
7. White Hall
8. Morrilton
9. Forrest City
10. Harrison

Tell me why your team (or any team) should be lower, higher, on the list, not on the list.

I think LRCA should be on the list.  They were very young last year and had a respectable season.  I expect that they will be much better this year.

oldjacketman

If you rank Batesville ahead of Wynne at this moment you know nothing about 5A or 5A East football. Last year it would be understandable to do preseason. But this year it makes no sense.

GuvHog

Quote from: Almatrackster on April 30, 2017, 07:06:59 pm
Pre-Season Top Ten
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Watson Chapel
6. Alma
7. White Hall
8. Morrilton
9. Forrest City
10. Harrison

I'm curious to know why you put Sylvan Hills above Watson Chapel when Chapel beat Sylvan Hills at Sylvan Hills in the playoffs last year and they have a lot of talent returning. If Jakobi Jackson is able to mend fences with coach Dutton and return to the team, WC could very well make another deep run in the playoffs.

JessieP

Quote from: oldjacketman on May 01, 2017, 08:20:17 am
If you rank Batesville ahead of Wynne at this moment you know nothing about 5A or 5A East football. Last year it would be understandable to do preseason. But this year it makes no sense.

If Wynne were to stand pat then yes, they would be a clear number 2. The big question mark is the coaching change. Never underestimate the disruption a new coach can bring. Add to that a few new assistant coaches and Wynne goes from clear cut favorite to big question mark. Read the thread on Wynne's head coach opening, there was a ton of drama within Wynne fans. You don't think that can effect teenagers ? even if the new coach runs the exact same offense, it's a big change. How many players were close to the leaving assistant coaches ? is there bad blood among parents because their choice didn't get the job ? some people commented that Hill was a hard nosed kind of coach, maybe that's what it takes to get the most out of them, who knows ? they may be just fine, not skip a beat. Maybe not. Never assume that because they have so many returning players that it will be a seamless transition, it never is. Granted the talent is there but a coaching change is a big deal.

oldjacketman

I can agree with that Jessie. I'm talking strictly based on last year and what's returning for each team. There's been probably more change and shake up in Wynne than most know.

JessieP

Quote from: oldjacketman on May 02, 2017, 06:41:41 am
I can agree with that Jessie. I'm talking strictly based on last year and what's returning for each team. There's been probably more change and shake up in Wynne than most know.

On paper yes, they seem ready to rumble. Being a Batesville fan I fear saying anything, the rivalry can explode at any minute, lol. Again, I don't know but it seems like there are a lot of factors going on in Yellowjacket country that have nothing to do with the players. That is a crying shame. From what you can glean from the message boards is that there are some issue's with the school board playing politics. It sounds like there are some petty fueds and a lot of back biting. Some have indicated that the previous coach had people undermining him while a lot of other people say he brought it on himself. Who knows where the truth lies ? as much as I enjoy beating Wynne It seems unfair that those boys have to deal with the drama. The players deserve the universal support of not only the parents/fans but everyone associated with the school.

AT

Quote from: GuvHog on May 01, 2017, 09:56:46 am
I'm curious to know why you put Sylvan Hills above Watson Chapel when Chapel beat Sylvan Hills at Sylvan Hills in the playoffs last year and they have a lot of talent returning. If Jakobi Jackson is able to mend fences with coach Dutton and return to the team, WC could very well make another deep run in the playoffs.

Mainly because I didn't know what WC had returning. Sylvan Hills is a big 5A school right now (enrollment putting them right in the middle of 6A for the next cycle) and numbers do matter. If that QB comes back though, then I would put WC ahead of SH.

AT

Quote from: PA Dad on April 30, 2017, 08:44:38 pm
I think LRCA should be on the list.  They were very young last year and had a respectable season.  I expect that they will be much better this year.

Ahh, yes. LRCA slipped my mind. Just not sure who to replace in the top ten that I have.

GuvHog

Quote from: Almatrackster on May 08, 2017, 10:42:19 am
Mainly because I didn't know what WC had returning. Sylvan Hills is a big 5A school right now (enrollment putting them right in the middle of 6A for the next cycle) and numbers do matter. If that QB comes back though, then I would put WC ahead of SH.

If you are referring to WC's QB that started during the playoffs last season, he is a Senior and will graduate this month. If you are referring to Jakobi Jackson who was the starting QB until he was kicked off of the team for disciplinary reasons after WC's loss to Magnolia, then I agree with you.

FD4

If you look back at all the successful high school football teams, and you look at those who are in the mix with out fail year end year out, you always find a head coach that has made the decision to get it done there and only there.  You know, commit to making it work year end and year out.  Chris was a great fit for our school at a time when the football program was backing up instead of pressing forward.  I mean, deep down inside we know our opponents were eager to get on the field with us until the nightmare of the perfect execution of the diamond T did them in.  Sure, we took some like we dished out, but we were always there, as a result of a 16 season head coach.  His understudy, which was just as veteran and one of the reasons we have two titles in the north endzone from his defense simply could not weather the storm for better talent to arrive.  Enter Chris Hill.  With two QB's that could air it out and some top notch receivers, it did not take long to get to WM.  Then with a great running attack, back again last season.  You must realize it takes time and lots of very hard work at the 4A and up level to produce year in and year out.  I hope Van gets our guys to work in stead of play. We should by all accounts, be a very good 5A team, but that is still a mark away from greatness.  Time will tell.

Eastbay501

Quote from: Almatrackster on May 08, 2017, 10:43:44 am
Ahh, yes. LRCA slipped my mind. Just not sure who to replace in the top ten that I have.

LRCA did upset a talented White Hall team last year, which you have ranked number 7, and they only lose about 5 seniors who played. I think they could definitely finish in a close 3 or 4 spot in the playoffs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas