• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are the front runner next year

Started by Gr3yhounds, December 04, 2016, 04:50:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: fbisgreat on December 15, 2016, 05:37:58 pm
That better not happen Caudle is a lot better.

I think Caudle is better suited at the Reciever position and DE.

The Dynasty

Quote from: KOJACK on December 15, 2016, 09:38:49 am
Good luck with that... ::)

Good luck against GRs Sophomore QB next year. Kid will give teams fits.

KOJACK

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 15, 2016, 10:19:26 pm
Good luck against GRs Sophomore QB next year. Kid will give teams fits.
Yea, Jr high teams...

blackcat23

KOJACK

Quote from: blackcat23 on December 15, 2016, 11:25:26 pm
just keep thinking that!  ;D ;D
He's no Weatherford... he may end up being but it won't be next year...plus isn't there a chance he's "moving" again...

nastynice

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 15, 2016, 09:55:15 pm
I think Caudle is better suited at the Reciever position and DE.
In small ball, a lot of kids don't play their natural position. They play where the team needs them the most. Caudle would be a great OG/OT on the line. And DE on defense.

Like HD from Lamar. That kid would've been on the line in any of the bigger schools. Much more natural position than QB. 

reddiefoozball

Quote from: KOJACK on December 16, 2016, 06:43:17 am
He's no Weatherford... he may end up being but it won't be next year...plus isn't there a chance he's "moving" again...

you are out of your mind...

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: nastynice on December 16, 2016, 07:32:48 am
In small ball, a lot of kids don't play their natural position. They play where the team needs them the most. Caudle would be a great OG/OT on the line. And DE on defense.

Like HD from Lamar. That kid would've been on the line in any of the bigger schools. Much more natural position than QB.

I agree with Hunter on the O line. Probably woulda been center and rotated at DL for ctown. He woulda made a good O Lineman with his quickness.

I say that because I think we'll be fine a QB next year and Caudle will be able to play his more natural position.

The Dynasty

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 16, 2016, 09:59:30 am
I agree with Hunter on the O line. Probably woulda been center and rotated at DL for ctown. He woulda made a good O Lineman with his quickness.

I say that because I think we'll be fine a QB next year and Caudle will be able to play his more natural position.

I don't know about you CT but I'm pretty sure Nasty longs to be a Tiger. I for one would love to have him.

nastynice

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 16, 2016, 10:23:18 am
I don't know about you CT but I'm pretty sure Nasty longs to be a Tiger. I for one would love to have him.

There maybe something long about me but it ain't my desire to be a Tigger.

The Dynasty

Quote from: nastynice on December 16, 2016, 11:15:58 am

Lol.

Markadomous

I think Superintendent Poole and twin brother Poole are favorites next year. 

jay nelvin

December 17, 2016, 10:16:06 am #62 Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 09:39:01 pm by jay nelvin
Quote from: Markadomous on December 17, 2016, 12:33:13 am
I think Superintendent Poole and twin brother Poole are favorites next year.
I am looking forward to what Ryan Johnson can do at QB, as I believe he will give Prescott the best chance to repeat.  Couple of questions: What kind of help do we have coming up from Jr High and is there a possibility Walker would be able to return next year?

KOJACK

December 17, 2016, 12:57:57 pm #63 Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 01:11:14 pm by KOJACK
Quote from: jay nelvin on December 17, 2016, 10:16:06 am
I am looking forward to what Ryan Johnson can do at QB, as I believe he will give Prescott the best chance to repeat.  Couple of questions: What kind of help do we have coming up from Jr High and is there possibly Walker would be able to return next year?
Some help at both o and d line and a skilled player that will contribute on offense at running back and probably start on d in the secondary...

Sick Dog

charleston has move ins??? surely not. let me guess a kid shows up who is very talented and blah blah blah I bet he will play quarterback next year.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: nastynice on December 16, 2016, 11:15:58 am

You must be referring to your neck?

RabidWolf

I'd be shocked if walker returns.

Not sure I'd be so quick to name Johnson the qb. #12 isn't bad at all.

KingFootball

I look for Snackover to be back in the mix next year.  The Curleywolves will reload.  I'm not confident Charleston will be able to bounce back from the seniors they'll lose. 

GBattack

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 19, 2016, 10:23:16 pm
charleston has move ins??? surely not. let me guess a kid shows up who is very talented and blah blah blah I bet he will play quarterback next year.

The "newest" player that played in the State game this year "moved in" five years ago... I wish you guys would quit talking this crap. These boys played together since little league...

nastynice

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 19, 2016, 11:11:50 pm
You must be referring to your neck?
I do enjoy longnecks!

Quote from: GBattack on December 20, 2016, 07:43:01 am
The "newest" player that played in the State game this year "moved in" five years ago... I wish you guys would quit talking this crap. These boys played together since little league...

They may be referring to the new kids that'll be eligible starting next year.

GBattack

Quote from: nastynice on December 20, 2016, 08:14:17 am
I do enjoy longnecks!

They may be referring to the new kids that'll be eligible starting next year.

I'm only aware of one new kid... and he will be a sophomore I believe...and he wasn't "recruited"...his dad grew up here and his cousin is Ketter...Dad got a new job that allows them to move back home. We had a kid move in last year that had to sit a year, but he's from Lavaca... not like he was a "highly" recruited kid...not sure why he moved in or if he will be any good. These guys are just stupid with the "recruiting" crap. I only know of one kid that moved here specifically to play football. He had a good reason in that Coach Jones from Greenwood wouldn't let him play football as he had previously quit to focus on baseball. He had a career ending baseball injury and wanted to play football his senior year. He moved here so he could, but he did so legally and by all the rules...

KOJACK

Quote from: fbisgreat on December 14, 2016, 06:47:45 pm
I would not count Charleston out just yet they have a few good players back.Plus they have 3 new tranfers in already 2 linemen that should start next year plus a pretty good kicker in fact he made a 30 yard field goal to win some ice cream sat night.
So this is a lie? Gbattack

cdelaney

Quote from: KOJACK on December 20, 2016, 08:45:22 pm
Charle$ton doesn't lie, or recruit, Kojorts. It's not like they're a squirrelly private school or nothin.

KOJACK

Quote from: cdelaney on December 20, 2016, 09:56:41 pm
Charle$ton doesn't lie, or recruit, Kojorts. It's not like they're a squirrelly private school or nothin.
I apologize for ever accusing ec$ of that...after this year it's obvious y'all don't... or y'all suck at that as well. Either way my condolences.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: KOJACK on December 20, 2016, 10:47:11 pm
I apologize for ever accusing ec$ of that...after this year it's obvious y'all don't... or y'all suck at that as well. Either way my condolences.
+1 KOJACK

GBattack

Quote from: KOJACK on December 20, 2016, 08:45:22 pm

I am sure that two of those are the ones I mentioned in my post. Don't know who the third is...but the kicker at the state game is a Freshman here and has lived here his whole life, so if that's who he's talking about, he's not a transfer. Your schools never have kids move in? If these kids were "ringers" then it'd be one thing, but last time I checked, kids transfer schools all over the state...every year... These kids are young and may or may not see much playing time anyway, so if you get your panties in a wad over these guys you need to grow up.

Proud Buckaroo

WPWells

KOJACK

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: GBattack on December 21, 2016, 07:27:34 am
I am sure that two of those are the ones I mentioned in my post. Don't know who the third is...but the kicker at the state game is a Freshman here and has lived here his whole life, so if that's who he's talking about, he's not a transfer. Your schools never have kids move in? If these kids were "ringers" then it'd be one thing, but last time I checked, kids transfer schools all over the state...every year... These kids are young and may or may not see much playing time anyway, so if you get your panties in a wad over these guys you need to grow up.

Yes we have a kicker who has moved in that will play next year and looks solid. Yes we have a Lineman that has moved in that should contribute next year. Yes there's probably gonna be another one or two move in, maybe more. If you build it, they will come. Beautiful town, awesome community and amazing school. Nothing wrong with a family wanting to better their kids future.

KOJACK

Well at least some of you guys have the guts to admit it.

Lineman

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 21, 2016, 09:35:52 am

Yes we have a kicker who has moved in that will play next year and looks solid. Yes we have a Lineman that has moved in that should contribute next year. Yes there's probably gonna be another one or two move in, maybe more. If you build it, they will come. Beautiful town, awesome community and amazing school. Nothing wrong with a family wanting to better their kids future.
What parent wouldn't want the best for the kids?

cdelaney

Quote from: KOJACK on December 20, 2016, 10:47:11 pm
Thanks, that really means a lot to me

stephenAmaxx

Quote from: RabidWolf on December 20, 2016, 01:02:01 am
I'd be shocked if walker returns.

Not sure I'd be so quick to name Johnson the qb. #12 isn't bad at all.

Johnson should be the Qb without a doubt if Prescott wants to repeat, I wouldn't be shocked to see a 2QB system. Running the ball and playing great defense is the key to championships.. Walker&Johnson duo has the ability to equal if not be better than the Flynn&Vanhook combo which was State Championship Good!

GBattack

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 21, 2016, 09:35:52 am

We should have a solid kicking game then. Taggert is pretty good. Who is the kicker? I thought Lenny...I mean Ross kicked that field goal at the state game? The kid from Lavaca who came early in the year and sat out...Ketter's cousin...and who else? Plus..all you idiots who accuse us of "recruiting" fail to remember that we...being the awesome community that we are... recently build a children's shelter, so I am sure a LOT of kids move in from there... Makes me SO mad they accuse us of that crap.

CoolBreeze

December 21, 2016, 11:34:34 am #85 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 11:55:32 am by CoolBreeze
Will Bald Knob fall back into the pack next year, or will they be able to build in this year's success and make a deeper run in 2017?

I know  their two stud horses on offense, Harp (No. 5) and Gulledge (No. 6) will graduate. Will the be able to replace them? Do they have enough other players coming back to win without them?

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: GBattack on December 21, 2016, 11:24:50 am
We should have a solid kicking game then. Taggert is pretty good. Who is the kicker? I thought Lenny...I mean Ross kicked that field goal at the state game? The kid from Lavaca who came early in the year and sat out...Ketter's cousin...and who else? Plus..all you idiots who accuse us of "recruiting" fail to remember that we...being the awesome community that we are... recently build a children's shelter, so I am sure a LOT of kids move in from there... Makes me SO mad they accuse us of that crap.

Just means you're doing something right. NBD! Haters gonna hate!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 21, 2016, 11:56:39 am
Just means you're doing something right. NBD! Haters gonna hate!
And you can't blast these false notions out of their heads with dynamite.

If a team builds a dynasty, the must have cheated.

KOJACK

Quote from: stephenAmaxx on December 21, 2016, 11:13:22 am

Johnson should be the Qb without a doubt if Prescott wants to repeat, I wouldn't be shocked to see a 2QB system. Running the ball and playing great defense is the key to championships.. Walker&Johnson duo has the ability to equal if not be better than the Flynn&Vanhook combo which was State Championship Good!
I'd say walker won't be back...

YC

Rumors...Rumors....RUMORS...

Charleston is one of the worse towns I've ever seen about spreading rumors. Someone hears something, adds 2 and 2, comes up with 6 and spreads it all over town. A few years ago someone started the rumor that Shane Hobb's son was coming to Charleston to play his last two years and the rumor spread all over town...It never happened. Again last year the rumor was spread all over town that Matthew Peak's son was coming to Charleston...Again, it never happened.

Now, as far as the transfers this year, the only one I know for sure that's true is the kid from Lavaca. I did overhear a lady at a game this year tell another lady that her son was a big kid that would play next year. She said, she and her husband had divorced and the son was living with her in Charleston but the father was still at the previous location. Since he had attended school at the previous location the previous year and the father was still living there the son was forced to sit out a year—perhaps that's the other lineman that has been mentioned.

As far as a transfer kicker I have no knowledge of one. We had three place kickers last year (2 Sr. High, 1 Jr. High). All three looked as though they could get the job done. Two of those kickers are home schooled kids that are the brothers of a previous Tiger kicker who was also home schooled. They have been Charleston residence for years.

Over the last twenty five years we have had thirteen football players transfer in. I know the circumstances of each of those transfers save one (if I had been the parents I would have transferred them as well). I know that two of those kids were foreign exchange students (father and son) and both kickers. I know that two of those transfers were Charleston kids but attended Jr. High schools in Ft. Smith because their mothers taught there and after completing Jr. High they came to Charleston for Sr. High.

By the same token we have had six kids transfer elsewhere. Three of those six did exceptionally well after those transfers. 

fbisgreat

The 3 new kids that i am talking about is 1 a kid from Lavaca that is a kicker he set out this year but kicked for ice cream at the sc game.Ross did not kick that night.2 is a kid that started the first 3 games of the year both ways for Lavaca on the line moved week 4 to CHS was no.64 on the sideline. and 3 is a limenan that moved a couple weeks ago and is kin to the ketter's.No rumors they are here,

GBattack

One of those "move-ins" was a foster child who's being adopted by a local family. Hope we can keep that kind of "recruiting" up.

The Dynasty

December 22, 2016, 09:00:15 am #92 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:10:30 am by The Dynasty
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 21, 2016, 09:12:18 am
What about the QB from Cedarville?

His mom works in town. He will help more at LB if he in fact transfers.

Let's see..... Cedarville or Charleston? I think that's a pretty easy decision for most folks.

Here's the facts of the matter. Charleston is a beautiful town, with a great school system, amazing facilities and a history of winning at every sport we play. We finished runner up in basketball last year, football this year and the basketball boys have a shot to get back this year and in both sports we are looking very competitive for the foreseeable future. Our academic staff works around the clock to get these kids academic scholarships to colleges that will get them ahead in life and then most of the time they come back and raise their families in Chucktown. My wife and myself are a perfect example of that. There are two other schools in the area that you can say that about and that is Greenwood and Alma. Charleston will only get more kids like this as the expansion of Chaffee Crossing really kicks into gear.

Is it Charleston's fault we have kids that want to come here and play sports? Is it Charleston's fault we have kids that want to come here and get a good education? Nope and nope. There are probably good reasons that kids aren't beating down Smackover's doors. Prescott's doors. Cedarville's doors. That's a "you" problem.

DM me your mailing address if you have a kid that deserves a better future. We have pamphlets that might lead you in the direction.....

Proud Buckaroo

I'm just curious though and I want a serious answer...

Why do people throw a huge fit over Private schools "recruiting" but when a Public school is accused of it... It's really no big deal..

Does that not contradict itself?

The Dynasty

December 22, 2016, 09:41:51 am #94 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:56:45 am by The Dynasty
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 22, 2016, 09:24:31 am

Why do people throw a huge fit over Private schools "recruiting" but when a Public school is accused of it... It's really no big deal..

HUGE difference between recruiting and having a kid move-in.

But to answer your question, since the AAA has changed some of the rules it has helped level what was not an even playing field. I still personally think their should be a private school classification, but that's just me.

GBattack

PB how is having kids move in to your district "recruiting"? NO ONE is going out and soliciting them to come to our school!!! I don't understand WTH everyone is talking about??

Proud Buckaroo

I'm sorry... But did I say any where in my question that Charleston recruited? No...

Please, relax. I'm not accusing Charleston of anything.

I asked a rhetorical question.

stephenAmaxx

Quote from: KOJACK on December 21, 2016, 03:10:26 pm
I'd say walker won't be back...

I say that'd be a big mistake.. 68 times he carried it for (504 yards 7.4 yards per attempt 10 TD) in 10 games, 63 stops on D playing what defensive tackle?  sure whatever the kid did could be overlooked im sure you guys have made some mistakes of your own and have been forgiven down there in Preskitt  :'(   :'( 

we only have one high school career, think to yourself Kojack since you obviously know him pretty well. is he really tht bad of a kid  ??? Im curious  ::)

The Dynasty

December 22, 2016, 10:46:26 am #98 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 10:49:07 am by The Dynasty
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 22, 2016, 09:24:31 am

Look at it this way:

Normal dude= Public school

Super Rich dude= Private school

Normal dude started high school life wearing a pair of LA Gears and stone washed jeans to school everyday. He drove a 3 tone GMC extended cab that had the lining of the roof held up by Dollar General tacks and a fish hook that doubled for a goofy white college team hat accessory.

Rich dude started high school life with the newest penny loafers he wears with no socks. Drives a "used" Jaguar that, if he can just stomach until his Junior year, he will get the Benz in the 5th stall of the garage. But the Jags cool because it has a 5 disc changer, heated seats and a personalized license plate that says 'BRN GR8'. So it'll do for a couple months.

Normal dude dates a normal good looking, all natural smoke show gal that works at the convenient store across from the school. She makes straight A's and an occasional B, plays hoops and she wears his letter jacket during the winter.

Rich dude dates  rich gal that won't ride to the city with him in a used car. Her parents bought her the newest Bentley on the lot the day she turned 14 and got her hardship because "her mother didn't ride a bus and neither will she".

Normal dude goes to college with his normal, all natural smoke show gal. They enjoy the college life. He works at the cabinet shop for gas money/Dollar Menu McDoubles and she gets a job at the local Sam's club. She gets her degree in 3 and a half years. It takes him 6, but she finally got him through it.

Rich dude does blow, drops out and takes the VP job at his dad's firm.

Normal dude marries the normal gal. She's still an all natural smoke show from head to toe and they start off in a modest rent house as they both start their brand new careers. She becomes a teacher and he gets a job working for the same city he grew up in. He still drives the 3 tone GMC to work everyday.

Rich dude marries a different rich girl. She's modified from lips to toe tips. She stays at home because "her mother never worked and neither will she." He took a job in his dad's office because that was in the script from the get go. He still drives a Jag, only the newest model these days. It now has a license plate that simply says "GR8 1" and a "Make America Great Again" bumper sticker. You now because this guys life hasn't been great in years.....

Normal dude starts a family with his still 110%, all natural smoke show of a wife and the beautiful cycle starts again. A few more banners to hang and memories made in Charleston.... crap I mean... in the small town they grew up in by their kids and grand kids. And someday that 3 tone GMC will be back in the parking lot starting another round of life for an All-American kid.

Rich dude and company move to Oxford Mississippi to start up a new firm. They have a beautiful little family and his wife is the best little soccer mom money can buy. They enjoy 'Hottie Totties' every night and are big donors to not only Ole Miss but Oxford's best private school, the 17 time state champion(not sure the name but the mascot is for sure a Wildcat or a Saint).

It's all about perception.....

God Bless America!!!!!

luxora4life

December 22, 2016, 10:56:20 am #99 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:13:52 pm by luxora4life
For the most part, most of these so called "move-ins" are only moving in because they are been asked/recruited by someone affiliated with the other school.  It may not always be the coach.  It happen to me way back when I was playing high school ball and to 3 of the 4 kids I have that's playing/played for Rivercrest.  The 4th one is only 2 years old.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas