• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 2A state title. Hampton Bulldogs vs Mt Ida Lions. Let's get it started!!!!

Started by AirWarren, December 02, 2016, 09:37:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's gonna win state?

Hampton
99 (67.8%)
Mt. ida
49 (33.6%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Voting closed: December 09, 2016, 09:38:20 pm

M.I. D

Quote from: The Bear on December 04, 2016, 01:05:08 pm
Last years mount Ida team would beat this years mount Ida team handedly . But I don't see that game being played anytime soon so let's worry about this years mount Ida team who has made everyone believers , and is going to the state championship to play Hampton .. this is a young group of kids who have nothing but getting better to look forward too . Hopefully the next three years we will be hanging out at the Rock and coming home with a ring . Good luck both teams ! RollLionsRoll

IM gonna disagree with bear here. The o line this year is same as last and much better. The backs are better this year or alteast equal. Last year you had a good sr qb but right now our qb is playing very well. The real difference is last year the had #5 and he was the biggest loss. Its not healthy to compare teams. Last time ill touch this subject until season is over if ever. I still think if in la la land the two could play it would be a good game.

BlueNGold52

Thank goodness it doesn't matter and now this thread needs to get back on the task at hand. The Lions will have their hands full Saturday and it should be a good game. I expect a defensive controlled game both ways.

M.I. D

Quote from: BlueNGold52 on December 04, 2016, 02:16:55 pm
Thank goodness it doesn't matter and now this thread needs to get back on the task at hand. The Lions will have their hands full Saturday and it should be a good game. I expect a defensive controlled game both ways.

Some ppl don't think before they type.

Looking forward to Saturday and watching a great game.

ThreadWatcher

This is where I stand on some of what has been said on this thread......
Do I believe Hampton will score "54" on Mt. Ida? No
Do I believe there will be a 30 point difference in the final score? No
As far as who was better, this year's team or last year's.......I'm not going there other than saying both teams are/were really good at what they do/did.
I'm looking forward to an excellent game Saturday.

The Bear

Quote from: M.I. D on December 04, 2016, 02:06:45 pm

IM gonna disagree with bear here. The o line this year is same as last and much better. The backs are better this year or alteast equal. Last year you had a good sr qb but right now our qb is playing very well. The real difference is last year the had #5 and he was the biggest loss. Its not healthy to compare teams. Last time ill touch this subject until season is over if ever. I still think if in la la land the two could play it would be a good game.
Cody Robertson wasn't better than the two they have ?  MID I do wonder about you sometimes . If you don't think last year would beat this team well . Then that's just ignorance ask the coaching staff . But yes let's get  back on mount Ida and Hampton please

The Bear

But it doesn't matter because they will never play and no one wants to take anything away from this team they are a very good team and deserve this and I hope more than anything that they win Saturday . More than proud of these boys this year and that's something me and MID can agree on

BO_KNOWS

This will be the best game of the season. Mt  ida had a 10+ winning year last year and again this year.they will take Hampton til the final gun. Hampton better not over look them .

M.I. D

dawg duo

Sickwillie, you think that you can make a score prediction for this game like you did for the england game?

dawgpound

fresh_prince

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on December 04, 2016, 04:22:08 pm
This will be the best game of the season. Mt  ida had a 10+ winning year last year and again this year.they will take Hampton til the final gun. Hampton better not over look them .

They have also had one of the easier routes to the rock.

sickwillie

Quote from: dawg duo on December 04, 2016, 06:19:08 pm
Sickwillie, you think that you can make a score prediction for this game like you did for the england game?

Yeah, I'll get to you later in the week. Just know the dogs win by a bunch

outlaws4life26

Quote from: fresh_prince on December 04, 2016, 10:04:01 pm
I wonder if Mt. Ida ever thanked the Smurfs for their regular season ending gift of the 1 seed. I will be rooting on fellow 7-2a member to win state. I think they can play with Hampton but i don't think they can handle the beasts of Hampton for 4 quarters. 34-14 dogs

monster_island

Quote from: fresh_prince on December 04, 2016, 10:04:01 pm

From calpreps:
Hampton has played:
#34 Hazen
#14 Foreman
#8.  DA
#2.  England

MI has played:
#35 JCW
#7.  CC
#6.  Danville
#4.  CHG
Who had the easier path?

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: monster_island on December 05, 2016, 06:43:38 am
From calpreps:
Hampton has played:
#34 Hazen
#14 Foreman
#8.  DA
#2.  England

MI has played:
#35 JCW
#7.  CC
#6.  Danville
#4.  CHG
Who had the easier path?

looks balanced. Bet there was a contrast in the scoring margin in Hampton's favor though.

bobthebuilder

How much will Dr. Defense pick Mt. Ida by this week?....I will start the bidding at 6.

TheHeadBallCoach

Monta Thomas single-handidly beats Mt. Ida on the offensive and special teams sides of the ball.

Hampton wins big.

Hampton 44
Mt. Ida 18

M.I. D

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on December 05, 2016, 06:56:44 am
looks balanced. Bet there was a contrast in the scoring margin in Hampton's favor though.

Last time I checked a win is a win by 1 or 30 all the same.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: bobthebuilder on December 05, 2016, 08:58:06 am
How much will Dr. Defense pick Mt. Ida by this week?....I will start the bidding at 6.

I'm gonna hold off on the score margin just yet....but of course I am going with Mt. Ida....I'll get back to you on just how much big I think the spread will be  8)

dawg duo

dawg duo

Quote from: sickwillie on December 04, 2016, 11:16:20 pm

Yeah, I'll get to you later in the week. Just know the dogs win by a bunch

i say we wait until we get in the sands saturday to make our predictions!

beaverpride

Dr. Defense

dawgpound

Quote from: beaverpride on December 05, 2016, 11:57:49 am
Hermiton- 42
Loyal to their town Mt. Ida- 28

Beav out
they will all be in black and gold when they step on the field

Gatormeat

Quote from: The Bear on December 04, 2016, 04:17:06 pm
But it doesn't matter because they will never play and no one wants to take anything away from this team they are a very good team and deserve this and I hope more than anything that they win Saturday . More than proud of these boys this year and that's something me and MID can agree on

Lol! Where is the 15 team? Oh yeah, moved on with their lives and supporting their old school. Kinda like you should be doing.
The only team mount Ida should be worried about is this years team.
And for sure I'd pick 3 and 10 this year over slow and steady last year. All day. Mount ida has PROVEN THIS YEAR to be the best of 2 in the state.
Key words... "This year"

bobthebuilder

Quote from: Dr. Defense on December 05, 2016, 12:00:34 pm
Interesting personal text you have there BP

Also interesting that he's stealing Danold Dump's closing salutation.

Danold Dump

Yeah that's not cool....on the other hand, Hampton wins.  We all know it after we watched Monta and the boys leave England in the dust.

Hampton 42
Mount Ida 16

Danold Dump

bulldawg2016

The Dawgs will be fired up for this one!! The defense is playing great and the offense keeps getting better! Thomas, hegler, and childs all go over a 100! I think hegler is the most under rated player in the state what he does on both sides of the ball is amazing! p.s. if you didn't know already this Hampton team can BALL!

Bigditchlion

Dr. Defense

Ok the Doc is ready to make a score prediction

3 Yards and a cloud of Dust 35

The Consolidation 28

Monta will definitely get his but MI plays keep away better than any team the Dawgs have faced this year

LBC

Quote from: bulldawg2016 on December 05, 2016, 12:44:21 pm
The Dawgs will be fired up for this one!! The defense is playing great and the offense keeps getting better! Thomas, hegler, and childs all go over a 100! I think hegler is the most under rated player in the state what he does on both sides of the ball is amazing! p.s. if you didn't know already this Hampton team can BALL!

I think Hampton pulls this one out, but I'd put money says Thomas, Hegler, and Childs don't all go over 100.

FilmCrew

dawgpound

dawgpound

It's going to be a nasty week of weather to practice in pray nobody gets any injuries.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: FilmCrew on December 05, 2016, 01:22:14 pm
Has anyone from Hampton watched Mount Ida play in person this year?
These poor babies are about to be beaten senseless.

jsw6f0

Talked to the coaches and even after seeing all the predictions they've decided to go ahead and come down and play the game Saturday. Hope we can bring all of our boys home with us after such a hard game.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: PimpN on December 05, 2016, 05:53:34 pm
Good thing is Childs, Hegler, and Monta will be sure to get hired at McDonald's win or loose

Sounds to me like that was your dream career. The real word you were looking for would be "lose." But, I could be wrong. I don't understand your point in degrading these kids.

M.I. D

Makes no sense to bad mouth any 15-18 year old. Too many 1st post hero's on here lately. Lets try and talk about a State Championship game and not nonsense.

sickwillie

Good thing is Childs, Hegler, and Monta will be sure to get hired at McDonald's win or loose

Good thing is I know you wouldn't say that to any of the three of them to their face.

bulldawg2016

You don't know these kids!! There is no need to hate just because that was your only career choice! Hey by the way I'm hungry make me a burger! Never mind you probably couldn't get the order correct!

flawlessthoughts

Lol.. I know for a fact you work there, you can't spell nor write well enough to get a good paying job.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on December 05, 2016, 06:56:13 pm
Lol.. I know for a fact you work there, you can't spell nor write well enough to get a good paying job.

Mcdonalds workers deserve 15 bucks an hour...didn't you know that?

Delta_Bravo

dawgpound

dawgpound

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: PimpN on December 05, 2016, 07:01:52 pm
Hampton must be full of thugs, in addition to welfare transfers
A bunch of tough thugs that love winning football games. I mean these thugs can flat out play some football. I hear they assembled around 30 or so of them & put together a great football team. Don't know how true it is but word is "they'll be playing @ War Memorial this weekend. They don't make thugs like they use to.

dawg duo

Quote from: LBC on December 05, 2016, 01:18:01 pm
I think Hampton pulls this one out, but I'd put money says Thomas, Hegler, and Childs don't all go over 100.

How much money would you want to put on that sir? Because i would be willing to put money on that, that they do!

BlueNGold52

I'm not sure what kind of poster would post something like that there is no need for name calling I am sure every kid on both sides of the field this Saturday will represent their school and themselves with class these kids have worked too hard this season to get where they are for someone to start saying classless things about each other. Both teams worked a tough road to get where they are and things will sort themselves out Saturday. Just support your respective team and hope for good things in the end.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: BlueNGold52 on December 05, 2016, 07:49:24 pm
I'm not sure what kind of poster would post something like that there is no need for name calling I am sure every kid on both sides of the field this Saturday will represent their school and themselves with class these kids have worked too hard this season to get where they are for someone to start saying classless things about each other. Both teams worked a tough road to get where they are and things will sort themselves out Saturday. Just support your respective team and hope for good things in the end.

A troll just fishing for bites

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas