• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NLR v Fayetteville- the championship game

Started by PA Dad, November 25, 2016, 11:59:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this?

Fayetteville
24 (42.1%)
NLR
33 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: December 02, 2016, 10:44:41 am

The Future

Quote from: Pigheaded on December 04, 2016, 09:29:01 am
College goalposts
Narrower

True.
But I've never seen a high school championship game there with 5 or 6 missed pats. Nor do I don't remember goal post size ever really being a big topic of discussion after one of the games.

PressBox-81

Saw pictures from the game in another thread that shows the winners of the Burlsworth award and notice they pick for every game a player from each team.  I wonder if the players are excited to win this award or what their feelings are concerning this attention.
No way of knowing because I am not near any of these winners to ask them how they feel winning this award.

Pigheaded

Quote from: The Future on December 04, 2016, 11:13:35 am
True.
But I've never seen a high school championship game there with 5 or 6 missed pats. Nor do I don't remember goal post size ever really being a big topic of discussion after one of the games.

That is all I could come up with ::)

AT

I remember the goal posts width being a topic of discussion after the Batesville-Morrilton state championship game in 2013.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: sportsguy80 on December 02, 2016, 09:51:29 pm
Just a whole different level of football in NWA. Hats off to NLR for a good season. Congrats to the purple dogs on another title.
+1

Brian G

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 05, 2016, 12:00:13 pm
I remember the goal posts width being a topic of discussion after the Batesville-Morrilton state championship game in 2013.

I've mentioned it most years going back to before 2010.

Walter

Is it that difficult or expensive to put high school regulation goal posts in for the champion games?

Pigheaded

Quote from: SardisHog on December 06, 2016, 04:26:16 am
Is it that difficult or expensive to put high school regulation goal posts in for the champion games?

Guessing WMS took in $20K in parking
                                 $70K  attendance
                                 $15K concessions

Should be affordable at $8K to change the goal posts out

That doesn't even count the other championship game profit

TigerHawg

Quote from: Pigheaded on December 06, 2016, 09:00:36 am
Guessing WMS took in $20K in parking
                                 $70K  attendance
                                 $15K concessions

Should be affordable at $8K to change the goal posts out

That doesn't even count the other championship game profit

But I seem to remember earlier this year the admin at WMS saying they were in the hole financially when the state was talking about decreasing the funding. Not saying the books are not cooked but saying its probably unlikely they will want to pay the added expense. I guess if I was a coach I would throw up some tape on my goal post and have the kicker practice the narrower target?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas