• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville Pioneers at Pulaski Academy Bruins --- Semifinals!!!

Started by MDXPHD, November 18, 2016, 09:50:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on November 23, 2016, 11:00:54 am
If your there to strip, be there around 11:30. Just buzz the gate and I'll give you the code.
Lol!   See you are still trying.  You could have been a gentleman and just said no.   You know I'm not stripper material.  You've seen me.  :)

You better step away from the scotch....your already loaded!

Besides, I don't think the police could be at your place by 11:30 to conduct a pat down of all your PA chaingang guests!  :)   Have fun and be safe. 

Deuceswild

OMG I just wasted 30 minutes of my life that I will never get back by reading this entire thread. But for the record Batesville is a very good team, but likely won't make it past PA. They probably have a 1 in 5 chance of winning give or take. But their play makers are just as fast as anyone and as long as they keep tacking, they will make it interesting. Will be high scoring since they will only play half a field each time. I predict 47-35 PA but want it to be 50-42 Batesville. Happy Turkey Day all

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 23, 2016, 01:54:55 pm
OMG I just wasted 30 minutes of my life that I will never get back by reading this entire thread.
I bet your fun.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on November 22, 2016, 03:41:04 pm
That's the post you're going with ? that one ? 3 are committed to Pac-12 schools so that means East is as good as a D1 program ? Hmm, I did a little research, guess what I found out ? EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON EVERY SINGLE D1 TEAM IS A D1 PLAYER! not 3 of them. It is ludicrous to say any high school team looks like a D1 program.
I don't know if they teach similes where you went to school, but you should look them up. Very useful.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: JessieP on November 22, 2016, 03:41:04 pm
That's the post you're going with ? that one ? 3 are committed to Pac-12 schools so that means East is as good as a D1 program ? Hmm, I did a little research, guess what I found out ? EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON EVERY SINGLE D1 TEAM IS A D1 PLAYER! not 3 of them. It is ludicrous to say any high school team looks like a D1 program.

I'm not the one who said anything about them being a D-1 football team there buddy, maybe you should learn to follow a thread.  I was simply pointing out all 5 of their O-linemen were going to further their playing career with 3 of the 5 playing in the PAC-12 (if I remember correctly, USC, UCLA, and Utah).  If you want me to go on, their DE will play at a Power 5 conference school most likely, and their RB should play D1 somewhere.  As well as several others I would imagine will continue playing past high school.  I know this may be hard for your brain to comprehend, but there are only a select few schools in Arkansas with that level of talent and PA is NOT one of them....think Fayetteville, North Little Rock, Bentonville (pre-split/ most years).

This does not mean they are a D1 team, but a high school team with several D1 caliber athletes.  But for the record, it is not "ludicrous" to say a football team looks like a D1 team.  Here is why...when a team like Bishop-Gorman has pretty much every single starter sign a LOI to a D1 school, it's not like they all grow an extra foot after arriving on campus, they still look like a D1 team.  It does not mean they would win against a college team.

Hopefully that is enough food for you troll.

Deuceswild

Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 23, 2016, 02:05:29 pm
  I bet your fun.
Awww thanks Private Lesson, always entertaining that's for sure. Look for me Friday, I wil either be wearing my Goblin gear or my Cleveland Browns gear since you all had to bring my home team into it. Lol would love to meet some folks from here, this has definitely been an entertaining way to stir up the natives. Unfortunately I wil be on the visitor side since my Daughter ripped PA a new one in the soccer finals last year. Not there to stir things up, just wanna see how Batesville fairs against a legit team and I will be in the neighborhood shopping for a vehicle anyways.

Yellowcake

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 23, 2016, 09:50:53 pm
Awww thanks Private Lesson, always entertaining that's for sure. Look for me Friday, I wil either be wearing my Goblin gear or my Cleveland Browns gear since you all had to bring my home team into it. Lol would love to meet some folks from here, this has definitely been an entertaining way to stir up the natives. Unfortunately I wil be on the visitor side since my Daughter ripped PA a new one in the soccer finals last year. Not there to stir things up, just wanna see how Batesville fairs against a legit team and I will be in the neighborhood shopping for a vehicle anyways.

So, if I see someone on the Batesville side wearing Goblin or Cleveland Brown bear, that's likely you? I will be over there the whole game and will say hello if I see you.

Deuceswild

Yup might go with Browns gear since I'm on the Orange side 🔥

Yellowcake

Steve Perry 2.11

Unfortunately I wil be on the visitor side since my Daughter ripped PA a new one in the soccer finals last year.

Ha Ha....know who this is now.  ;D

You bastage.

Wow. Can't believe I was allowed on here this late at night. Probation doesn't allow me. I'll be back in the hotbox tomorrow.

Deuceswild

I luv this stuff, I work night shift so it's almost time for coffee for me... ALMOST!! 🍻gotta gimme a hint  who u all are, got to imagine yellow cake isn't actually a 7 year old guuurrll but that was entertaining to say the least

Maynard G Krebs

Soccer mom😏😏😏

Steve Landers has a nice minivan waiting on you😀

Overdahill

walkingguy72396

Pioneer defense has been pretty good inside the 10.

If the Pioneers are going to give PA problems this is the area of the field they need to get it done.

AIREDALE25

I think this will be the best game in the 5A because Wynne is going to just stomp Watson Chapel into there home field but anyways I could See next Saturday being either Wynne vs Batesville or PA but either way Wynne will be in LR next week. Batesville and PA will be by 10 Points either way

PA Dad

I was thinking tonight about Batesville making 7 semifinals in a row.  That is an incredible accomplishment.  Is it a record?  I can't think of any other team in any classification that has done that.  Maybe Barton?  I'm not sure.  And if some team has done it, has any 5A team?

Maybe some of the historians can enlighten us.

PrivateLesson

November 25, 2016, 03:36:45 am #116 Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 04:02:50 am by PrivateLesson
That is a great accomplishment.  FF records might provide some insight.    I remember in 2012, as I hadn't been on Fearless that long, all the hype and anticipation around the PA and Batesville game.  Batesville was a force that year.   PA is and still is  stronger offensively than defensively.   Wynne was a pretty good team that year as well.   

PrivateLesson

November 25, 2016, 03:38:50 am #117 Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 03:53:41 am by PrivateLesson
Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on November 24, 2016, 01:15:41 am
I'll be back in the hotbox tomorrow.
You've escaped that thing more than Houdini, Magic Man! :)

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 24, 2016, 03:52:33 am
I luv this stuff, I work night shift so it's almost time for coffee for me... ALMOST!! 🍻gotta gimme a hint  who u all are, got to imagine yellow cake isn't actually a 7 year old guuurrll but that was entertaining to say the least
Fearless is never short of entertainment.  Mostly loved for the coverage and information on teams.    Easy to become a long time fan!

Deuceswild

Unfortunately I may not be going to the game now, but will be watching it one way or another. Batesville has like 3 players as fast as Watkins so if they can record the insides and get that ball to them in space, there is hope for an upset. Good luck to both teams, let's hope it's just more entertaining than most people are projecting.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 25, 2016, 10:50:36 am
Unfortunately I may not be going to the game now, but will be watching it one way or another. Batesville has like 3 players as fast as Watkins so if they can record the insides and get that ball to them in space, there is hope for an upset. Good luck to both teams, let's hope it's just more entertaining than most people are projecting.
Tell me the 3 players as fast as Watkins

MDXPHD

PA is getting all of their yards from busted plays and having their qb scramble around like a mad man. They're having to work for all their yards.

PA Dad

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 25, 2016, 07:34:36 pm
We'll take them any way we can get them.

Don't blame you. Gonna wear the defense down. It's gonna show soon.

Edit: It's already showing.

PA Dad

MDXPHD

Not a fan of the PA announcers addressing specific players and saying how they aren't very good at something.

PA's defense is playing smart though. They are getting pressure on us but they're just playing disciplined. They aren't biting on any play action and they're staying with their assignments. Good football.

PA Dad

Zack Griffin looks like a heck of an athlete. He's just not getting time to throw or room to run.

I look for Batesville to adjust in the second half.

Yellowcake

Batesville needs to find a way to get 21 the ball. But they won't. PA dominating on defense.

Red Devil Alum

Maynard G Krebs

LRCA2018

Way to go, Batesville.  One score in last six quarters, lucky to hang on against LRCA. Show up, Pioneers.

PA Dad

Congrats to Batesville on another in a long line of great seasons.  7 semifinals in a row is an outstanding achievement. 

I'm sure you will be playing in late November next year too.

The Batesville crowd was loud and enthusiastic.  That's the way it should be.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: LRCA2018 on November 25, 2016, 09:32:17 pm
Way to go, Batesville.  One score in last six quarters, lucky to hang on against LRCA. Show up, Pioneers.

Really?  You're calling Batesville out when your team is sitting home?

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on November 25, 2016, 09:37:53 pm
Congrats to Batesville on another in a long line of great seasons.  7 semifinals in a row is an outstanding achievement. 

I'm sure you will be playing in late November next year too.

The Batesville crowd was loud and enthusiastic.  That's the way it should be.

Considering all the injures they had during the year, its pretty huge to get to the semis again

Red Devil Alum

Batesville had a great crowd and really supported their team.

PA smacked batesville early and they never bounced back. If batesville could have scored first it might have been a close ballgame.

Grond

Thought the deciding factor in the game was the PA defensive ends. They were FAST, got pressure on the QB, and got the Batesville QB into the habit of running out of the pocket.

Which means the PA defensive coaching staff looked closely at the blocking strategies for Batesville, and figured out a strategy.  Smarter than your average bear....

PA Dad

Congrats to the PA defense.  They have played great all year and tonight was no exception.  Coach Wood is an outstanding D.C.

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on November 25, 2016, 10:02:00 pm
Congrats to the PA defense.  They have played great all year and tonight was no exception.  Coach Wood is an outstanding D.C.

^^^ Amen!

Deuceswild

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 25, 2016, 03:13:20 pm
Tell me the 3 players as fast as Watkins
21, 8 and 25 all good athletes for Batesville. 21 is semi freakish being a Jr. 8 needs to put on a little weight to be crazy good and 25 is an athlete. doesnt sound like #9 had time to get the ball to them tho so that is exactly what you have to do to have a change at another ring. Grats to PA

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 25, 2016, 08:11:35 pm
Not a fan of the PA announcers addressing specific players and saying how they aren't very good at something.

PA's defense is playing smart though. They are getting pressure on us but they're just playing disciplined. They aren't biting on any play action and they're staying with their assignments. Good football.
Do you mean on the radio?

Grond

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 25, 2016, 08:11:35 pm

I noticed this, also. Was watching on-line.

PA Dad

Quote from: FD4 on November 21, 2016, 11:04:04 am
Batesville 35 to 32 over Pulaski Academy

I hope your computer is predicting a Wynne victory over PA!

Yellowcake

Spent the evening on the sideline with the Batesville kids. Simply put, they are a great bunch of kids. Heard about 10 of them tell a teammate at various times "I love you man." Not saying it to one guy, just telling it to each other.

Their fans rolled out. Great support. Complained a lot about holding though. A whole lot. Meanwhile, right before it went to the mercy rule, PA had been flagged 6 times for holding, Batesville once.

It was a great evening. And Batesville is pure class.

The Future

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 25, 2016, 09:40:21 pm
Really?  You're calling Batesville out when your team is sitting home?

Well then next week, I better not hear one word from any Batesville poster if PA gets up huge on Wynne   ::)

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: The Future on November 26, 2016, 07:35:53 am
Well then next week, I better not hear one word from any Batesville poster if PA gets up huge on Wynne   ::)

Maynard is a PA poster.

The Future

I knew he wasn't a Batesville poster but didn't know he was PA.

My statement was towards his statement yes but directed towards Batesville posters. My bad for the confusion.

Maynard G Krebs

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 26, 2016, 11:49:56 am
How do you know I'm a PA supporter?🤔🤔🤔🤔

Hey its better than a plain ole athletic supporter :o

Grond

Quote from: Overdahill on November 26, 2016, 12:00:26 pm
Hey its better than a plain ole athletic supporter :o

Remember: If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.  ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas