• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pine Bluff High School "Respect or No Respect"

Started by TheESPNGuy, November 09, 2016, 10:12:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on December 15, 2016, 03:32:34 pm
And if they don't qualify help them get in the University and take the remedial courses so they can qualify to play the next year... Let them get tutored with some of your athletes  because they will be playing alongside them.. Its not like you giving them a scholarship.. So help them out with finacial aid..lIts alot you can do instead of syaing not qualified ... This goes for all the athletes not jus PB's

That's what JUCO's are for, these days. Colleges and universities are doing there best to "eliminate" students that have to take remedial classes, be it right or wrong. I would also suggest that school districts do a better job of getting their students prepared for college level work. They could start by enforcing a stricter GPA for participation in extra curricular activities.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2016, 02:41:28 pm
Wrong, some conferences allowed Prop 48's, some didn't. I told you earlier the NFL finds guys in the NAIA, or even the grocery store, that's a different story. I guess you can tell me which kids will make the NFL, and which won't? I guess we should just sign PB's SR class, assuming they qualify, lol?

What D-1 conference accepted prop-48's? It was my understanding that Prop 48 applied to ALL NCAA D-1 schools. Otherwise Shabazz could have signed somewhere.

What you keep refusing to accept because of your own preconceived bias is that ANY major program if they had a high school in their state with the records PBH has, the number athletes produced and NFL products... their in-state recruiting would START at that high school. Especially in smaller states. Not saying every year PBH has a NFL caliber athlete playing but a good program would never just not show interest year in and year out!

ricepig

December 15, 2016, 04:24:59 pm #102 Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 04:28:01 pm by ricepig
Quote from: zebradynasty on December 15, 2016, 04:16:52 pm
What D-1 conference accepted prop-48's? It was my understanding that Prop 48 applied to ALL NCAA D-1 schools. Otherwise Shabazz could have signed somewhere.

What you keep refusing to accept because of your own preconceived bias is that ANY major program if they had a high school in their state with the records PBH has, the number athletes produced and NFL products... their in-state recruiting would START at that high school. Especially in smaller states. Not saying every year PBH has a NFL caliber athlete playing but a good program would never just not show interest year in and year out!

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2012/08/21/conference-ncaa-nonqualifier.htm
The SEC and Big 12 denied partial qualifiers long before other conferences.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7885522/new-incoming-eligibility-standards-create-term

zebradynasty

No doubt improvement in academics is needed in PB and everywhere in AR. Wonder how Mississippi finds a way to get by. Ole Miss and Miss State sign a lot of their in-state talent every year? I don't know their academic requirements but it seems they make an effort to get all that MS has to produce! 

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 15, 2016, 06:14:12 pm
No doubt improvement in academics is needed in PB and everywhere in AR. Wonder how Mississippi finds a way to get by. Ole Miss and Miss State sign a lot of their in-state talent every year? I don't know their academic requirements but it seems they make an effort to get all that MS has to produce!

They have the same SEC requirements as we do, but they have a JUCO system in the state that gets a lot of them eligible for D-I. MS produces 3 times as many 3* & 4* as Arkansas does, fact of life.

freethrow

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2016, 06:25:17 pm
They have the same SEC requirements as we do, but they have a JUCO system in the state that gets a lot of them eligible for D-I. MS produces 3 times as many 3* & 4* as Arkansas does, fact of life.

MS has 14 JC football programs -14!

The Zebra Successor

Quote from: freethrow on December 15, 2016, 07:45:02 pm
MS has 14 JC football programs -14!

Well good for Mississippi It looks like the Arkansas Razorback Foundation needs to work on a Juco Athletic Farm program for this state for goodness sake... Because when I see Alabama, LSU,Auburn, Ole Miss, Texas A&M .. I see MEN on that field  not Good guys thats the son of team personnel on the staff or because his brother played  ... So he is good too type of boys .. I see MEN who know what real struggle looks like, So when it comes to football on Saturday .. It no quesdtion who has the motivation to win..Not saying Arkansas dont but hey, Have you seen Texas AM DE's or last year QB of  Miss St Dak Prescott, Or LSU's RB Lenord Fornette.. Thats the example of MEN!!!   So yeah , Kids need to study hard but Good Students don't win on the field ... Good Athletes do.. And for the Flagship Athletic Program in the state who does not have to compete not just in state universities but Major Professional Sports in publication of  their Athletic Programs.. have done a pee poor job in trying to touch the Athletes in the poverty areas in the state ..Where quality education is not as stellar as the well employed locations in NW AR..

ricepig

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on December 15, 2016, 08:54:30 pm

Well good for Mississippi It looks like the Arkansas Razorback Foundation needs to work on a Juco Athletic Farm program for this state for goodness sake... Because when I see Alabama, LSU,Auburn, Ole Miss, Texas A&M .. I see MEN on that field  not Good guys thats the son of team personnel on the staff or because his brother played  ... So he is good too type of boys .. I see MEN who know what real struggle looks like, So when it comes to football on Saturday .. It no quesdtion who has the motivation to win..Not saying Arkansas dont but hey, Have you seen Texas AM DE's or last year QB of  Miss St Dak Prescott, Or LSU's RB Lenord Fornette.. Thats the example of MEN!!!   So yeah , Kids need to study hard but Good Students don't win on the field ... Good Athletes do.. And for the Flagship Athletic Program in the state who does not have to compete not just in state universities but Major Professional Sports in publication of  their Athletic Programs.. have done a pee poor job in trying to touch the Athletes in the poverty areas in the state ..Where quality education is not as stellar as the well employed locations in NW AR..

Last time I checked, the University was there for educational purposes. How about the community and the parents make sure their schools are adequate for providing the necessary educational resources? There are several players from poverty areas of our state, but I guess some expect a handout. It doesn't take a whole lot of quality education to have a 2.3 GPA and 19 ACT score.

The Zebra Successor

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2016, 09:02:59 pm
Last time I checked, the University was there for educational purposes. How about the community and the parents make sure their schools are adequate for providing the necessary educational resources? There are several players from poverty areas of our state, but I guess some expect a handout. It doesn't take a whole lot of quality education to have a 2.3 GPA and 19 ACT score.
They expect not handout but an opportunity..Thats the difference between the areas surrounding us..

zebradynasty

How do you handout a GPA and ACT ??? Is that what most of the SEC schools are doing? Because if MISSISSIPPI can figure how to get their best athletes into D-1 schools and Arkansas can't then I guess Mississippi should be thanking God for Arkansas!

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 15, 2016, 09:15:46 pm
How do you handout a GPA and ACT ??? Is that what most of the SEC schools are doing? Because if MISSISSIPPI can figure how to get their best athletes into D-1 schools and Arkansas can't then I guess Mississippi should be thanking God for Arkansas!

You go to class and earn it. It appears that MS best athletes care about their education more, than some of Arkansas? Of course you seem to forget that they have 3 times as many better athletes.

ricepig

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on December 15, 2016, 09:09:31 pm
They expect not handout but an opportunity..Thats the difference between the areas surrounding us..

Are you saying that PBSD doesn't provide the opportunity for these students?

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2016, 09:20:02 pm
You go to class and earn it. It appears that MS best athletes care about their education more, than some of Arkansas? Of course you seem to forget that they have 3 times as many better athletes.

BS these kids coming out of the MS delta one of the most impoverish areas in the USA. Also, most studies show that at least on paper AR educational system has improved and ranked significantly higher than MS. Yes, they do produce more athletes than Arkansas but they seem able to get them eligible to play.

You seem to have just as many excuses for UA ignoring PBH as PBH has for not getting them eligible.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 15, 2016, 09:45:09 pm
BS these kids coming out of the MS delta one of the most impoverish areas in the USA. Also, most studies show that at least on paper AR educational system has improved and ranked significantly higher than MS. Yes, they do produce more athletes than Arkansas but they seem able to get them eligible to play.

You seem to have just as many excuses for UA ignoring PBH as PBH has for not getting them eligible.

I don't know, maybe the fired coach at OM is still paying to have their test taken, that's there problem, maybe you should be concerned about PBH's problems with eligibility. You're the one living in PB, you tell me why the university doesn't recruit kids from PBH, but does Chapel, Hall, and Dollarway?

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2016, 09:50:30 pm
I don't know, maybe the fired coach at OM is still paying to have their test taken, that's there problem, maybe you should be concerned about PBH's problems with eligibility. You're the one living in PB, you tell me why the university doesn't recruit kids from PBH, but does Chapel, Hall, and Dollarway?

I spoke of this ad nauseam several times. UA cut ties with PBH in the 80's when both Danny Bradley and Eric Mitchell gave them duces and headed to OU!

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 15, 2016, 10:02:49 pm
I spoke of this ad nauseam several times. UA cut ties with PBH in the 80's when both Danny Bradley and Eric Mitchell gave them duces and headed to OU!

Well, then I wouldn't worry about why they don't offer PBH kids. I'm sure when the next P5 athlete that is qualified, they'll offer.

Coach Venny Slocombe

There is something wrong when a school, in this case PBH...wins at a high level, produces athletes that are some of the best in the state yet the UofA doesn't recruit them and hasn't for a long time. Especially in this day and age when we are average at best. CBB couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag and evidently he can't recruit the state. The idea of Arkansas getting a JUCO as a farm school is a great idea...it will never happen because there are too many buffoons in this state that think 7-5 is a great season. Arkansas is so far behind and at this point digging out of the hole is getting harder and harder...maybe recruiting PBH would be a start.

Every coach we have had at Arkansas talks about building a fence around the state...PBH should be in that fence. There is no sane person that could overlook the quality athletes that PBH has produced that Arkansas passed on. It is stupid and anyone that argues that is stupid as well...

zebradynasty

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 15, 2016, 10:22:09 pm
There is something wrong when a school, in this case PBH...wins at a high level, produces athletes that are some of the best in the state yet the UofA doesn't recruit them and hasn't for a long time. Especially in this day and age when we are average at best. CBB couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag and evidently he can't recruit the state. The idea of Arkansas getting a JUCO as a farm school is a great idea...it will never happen because there are too many buffoons in this state that think 7-5 is a great season. Arkansas is so far behind and at this point digging out of the hole is getting harder and harder...maybe recruiting PBH would be a start.

Every coach we have had at Arkansas talks about building a fence around the state...PBH should be in that fence. There is no sane person that could overlook the quality athletes that PBH has produced that Arkansas passed on. It is stupid and anyone that argues that is stupid as well...

When Venny and I can agree on something...WATCH OUT! Heck UA can get to Warren just fine and from what I saw the other weekend they will be making some trips to Warren in the very near future. L you have to go through PB to get to Warren!

Made

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 15, 2016, 10:28:20 pm

When Venny and I can agree on something...WATCH OUT! Heck UA can get to Warren just fine and from what I saw the other weekend they will be making some trips to Warren in the very near future. L you have to go through PB to get to Warren!
Nah shoot down through Sheridan to Fordyce and on down.....avoid that PB place all together ;)

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 15, 2016, 10:28:20 pm

CBB can't spell Pine Bluff much less read a GPS to get there...lol...

zebradynasty

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 15, 2016, 10:45:03 pm

Hmmm...I think I figured out that you don't like CBB much? :D

zebradynasty

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on December 15, 2016, 09:38:40 am
Sorry for responding late and Congratulations to Russellville Cyclones for the State title
. OK this is not every player these are the ones I know about.
'98 Demoine Adams- Nebraska *NFL,CFL
'99 Johnathon Chisim - Rice
'00 Mark Bradley -Oklahoma * NFL
'02 Scott Wesley - Army
'02 Justin Bass- Louisiana Tech
'04 Colin Pelton- SMU
'04 Martell Mallett -Bowling Green *NFL, CFL 2009 ROY
'05 David Johnson- Ark St * NFL
'09 Claude Johnson- Ark St (offers from Tenn)
'11 Joseph Treadwell - Louisiana Monroe
'14 Austin Mcgee- Pudue
'16 John Tate- Memphis
'16 David Beasley-La Tech

Honarable Mentions
'31 Don Hutson- Alabama NFL(charter member of pro football hall of fame)
'16 Ladarius Skelton - (Landers Award winner)
'81 Danny Bradley-Oklahoma (big 8 opy) (Big 8 MVP)
'85 Eric Mitchell-Oklahoma(parade h.s All American)
'88 Willie Roaf- La Tech NFL (pro football hall of fame)
'90 Basil Shabazz - UAPB (Considered the best high school athlete in Arkansas History )
'93 Torri hunter- MLB (MLB future hall of fame)

Missed Robert Woodus Jr., University of Miami not sure what year he graduated? I think 1991?

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 15, 2016, 10:45:03 pm

They found Will Gragg there, of course he moved to Dumas.

The Zebra Successor

Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2016, 09:57:13 am
They found Will Gragg there, of course he moved to Dumas.

Yeah they did his brother was on the team for the Hogs and plays in the NFL I believe . His dad was apart of the administration of PBSD and now the Superintendent of Dumas. Every PB athlete is not as lucky as Gragg as having all the resources he had to play his way. and as you can see Gragg is not a factor on the team as he wasn't a factor when he played with PB.. Over-hyped  if you asked me.. But that's the example of an opportunity because he was not even the best player on the team when he played with PB but was the most highly recruited because of the the access he had ..

zebradynasty

Not sure but didn't the UA offer him prior to him transferring to PBH?

ricepig

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on December 16, 2016, 10:43:06 am
Yeah they did his brother was on the team for the Hogs and plays in the NFL I believe . His dad was apart of the administration of PBSD and now the Superintendent of Dumas. Every PB athlete is not as lucky as Gragg as having all the resources he had to play his way. and as you can see Gragg is not a factor on the team as he wasn't a factor when he played with PB.. Over-hyped  if you asked me.. But that's the example of an opportunity because he was not even the best player on the team when he played with PB but was the most highly recruited because of the the access he had ..

So, since 2013 when Bielema arrived at Arkansas, PBH hasn't had a player, outside of a kicker, sign with a P5 school. I mean, Saban and Malzahn stopped by PBH when Gragg was there, so it's not like college coaches don't know about the school.

Are there under scouted players in Arkansas, you bet, just like in every other state. There was a combine at WMS this past summer where every player had the opportunity to show his wares in front of every college coach in the state, except maybe UCA. Most high school coaches load their kids up and take them to various events and camps, just look at what the PR coaches have done and how many kids they have getting college scholarships.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 16, 2016, 11:34:35 am
Not sure but didn't the UA offer him prior to him transferring to PBH?

Offered in June of 2012, I don't know when he transferred to PBH.

zebradynasty

December 16, 2016, 12:15:36 pm #127 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 12:35:42 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2016, 11:44:31 am
Offered in June of 2012, I don't know when he transferred to PBH.

If my timeline is correct then he was offered before he ever played a down for PBH. I'm not sure he played here as a soph... I can't remember. Seems like he only played here the 2012 season as a JR and then transferred his SR Year to Dumas.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2016, 11:41:39 am
So, since 2013 when Bielema arrived at Arkansas, PBH hasn't had a player, outside of a kicker, sign with a P5 school. I mean, Saban and Malzahn stopped by PBH when Gragg was there, so it's not like college coaches don't know about the school.

Are there under scouted players in Arkansas, you bet, just like in every other state. There was a combine at WMS this past summer where every player had the opportunity to show his wares in front of every college coach in the state, except maybe UCA. Most high school coaches load their kids up and take them to various events and camps, just look at what the PR coaches have done and how many kids they have getting college scholarships.

Still ignoring the fact that every year UA signs ARKANSAS players that do not get offers from P-5 schools. But when it comes to PBH kid...he has to have a 4.0 and be the best athlete in the state to get a look at.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 16, 2016, 12:30:34 pm
Still ignoring the fact that every year UA signs ARKANSAS players that do not get offers from P-5 schools. But when it comes to PBH kid...he has to have a 4.0 and be the best athlete in the state to get a look at.

I guess they went to camp?? Name me who signed that didn't have a P5 offer in the last 4 years that hasn't contributed and shown they were worth it.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 15, 2016, 10:49:36 pm
Hmmm...I think I figured out that you don't like CBB much? :D
Acually I like his coaching style. I think he was way over hyped as a coach and we are finding that out...I just hate the way he runs his mouth and can't back it up...

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2016, 12:43:29 pm
I guess they went to camp?? Name me who signed that didn't have a P5 offer in the last 4 years that hasn't contributed and shown they were worth it.

Just off the top of my head the kid from Bearden, AR last name Lowe, the OL from Pottsville, Jaun Day not sure he had any P-5 offers, heck I am not sure Liddell had any offers from a P-5.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 16, 2016, 02:24:49 pm
Just off the top of my head the kid from Bearden, AR last name Lowe, the OL from Pottsville, Jaun Day not sure he had any P-5 offers, heck I am not sure Liddell had any offers from a P-5.

Lowe signed in 2012 and left. Day and Liddell didn't have other offers, but you can't tell me after watching Day run all over PB you didn't think he was as good if not better than Tenpenny. Liddell has been starting, so I'd say he's contributed.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jeremy-Ward-1656/RecruitInterests

zebradynasty

December 16, 2016, 03:04:01 pm #134 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:17:09 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2016, 02:41:10 pm
Lowe signed in 2012 and left. Day and Liddell didn't have other offers, but you can't tell me after watching Day run all over PB you didn't think he was as good if not better than Tenpenny. Liddell has been starting, so I'd say he's contributed.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jeremy-Ward-1656/RecruitInterests

Lowe left but according to your criteria he should not have received an offer more less sign LOI from the UA. Day was good until he hurt his knee all other schools backed off UA stuck with him. Liddell has contributed but again according your criteria he never should been offered. Rivals didn't have Ward with any SEC offers. What I saw of him...they were right not to.

I'm glad when an Arkansas kid goes to UA and proves the coaches in these P-5 conferences wrong. I am just ticked off that PBH kids don't get that opportunity. 

The Zebra Successor

December 16, 2016, 03:07:24 pm #135 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:16:53 pm by The Zebra Successor
PBH had probably had their lowest collection of talent in 8 yrs this yr.. Which still produced a share of a conference title and a trip to the Semifinals.. Other schools call that a Great season but I feel like that is a rebuilding season.. Because the Z's should at least make it the finals every year in the 6A..

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 16, 2016, 03:04:01 pm
Lowe left but according to your criteria he should not have received an offer more less sign LOI from the UA. Day was good until he hurt his knee all other schools backed of UA stuck with him. Liddell has contributed but again according your criteria he never should been offered. Rivals didn't have Ward with any SEC offers. What I saw of him...they were right not to.

I'm glad when an Arkansas kid goes to UA and proves the coaches in these P-5 conferences wrong. I am just ticked off that PBH kids don't get that opportunity.

2012 was a Petrino class, I said the last four classes. I'm sorry we honored our scholarship promise to Day, I guess you would have been as adamant if it was a PBH guy who wasn't cut? I guess you forgot to read the last line, "Name me who signed that didn't have a P5 offer in the last 4 years that hasn't contributed and shown they were worth."

zebradynasty

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on December 16, 2016, 03:07:24 pm
PBH had probably had their lowest collection of talent in 8 yrs this yr.. Which still produced a share of a conference title and a trip to the Semifinals.. Other schools call that a Great season but I feel like that is a rebuilding season.. Because the Z's should at least make it the finals every year in the 6A..

Season went about like I expected. I was hoping that they would just improve to the point of being dominate but...Even still there's Blair and Whaley are worthy of an offer to D-1 schools. I am not aware of grades issue with either ACT might be an issue. I also heard Whaley ran a 4.55 at an camp but I cannot confirm that was true. At 6-1 220 just watching him run he definitely 4.6-4.7 range. Yet...no offers.

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 16, 2016, 04:02:33 pm
Season went about like I expected. I was hoping that they would just improve to the point of being dominate but...Even still there's Blair and Whaley are worthy of an offer to D-1 schools. I am not aware of grades issue with either ACT might be an issue. I also heard Whaley ran a 4.55 at an camp but I cannot confirm that was true. At 6-1 220 just watching him run he definitely 4.6-4.7 range. Yet...no offers.

Blair has a 21 on ACT and 3.9 GPA Whaley I'm not sure what his grades are but he is definitely D-1. I think next year class will have more D-1 athletes next year than this years team

The Zebra Successor

I overheard a speech from Former Pine Bluff Zebra head football Coach Marion Glover say that The Zebras play so much at War Memorial Stadium .. The state was thinking about calling it "Jordan Stadium North" 👑

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2016, 03:30:32 pm

2012 was a Petrino class, I said the last four classes. I'm sorry we honored our scholarship promise to Day, I guess you would have been as adamant if it was a PBH guy who wasn't cut? I guess you forgot to read the last line, "Name me who signed that didn't have a P5 offer in the last 4 years that hasn't contributed and shown they were worth."

How about you stop playing games. You know full well that Arkansas for 50 years has offered scholarships to in-state kids that nobody else wanted. Everyone knows that...it's our DNA! The only question is how many out of each class. I gave you two but now you want me to believe that UA recruiters are so good that they can look at marginal D-1 kid and know that kid will be a solid contributor as a freshman therefore they offer ???

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 16, 2016, 10:40:28 pm
How about you stop playing games. You know full well that Arkansas for 50 years has offered scholarships to in-state kids that nobody else wanted. Everyone knows that...it's our DNA! The only question is how many out of each class. I gave you two but now you want me to believe that UA recruiters are so good that they can look at marginal D-1 kid and know that kid will be a solid contributor as a freshman therefore they offer ???

Well, the empirical evidence would indicate they were correct, would it not? I'm showing you, based on the players you indicated, that they recruited players who could contribute and play. You're just mad because they weren't from PBH, that's your problem, not the UofA's.

The Zebra Successor

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 16, 2016, 04:02:33 pm

Ive seen Whaley fight off two blocks to run to the other side and catch a running back from behind after the RB was in full stride..He is a FREAK ATHLETE what ever University gets him got a STUD of a athlete...

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2016, 08:05:58 am
Well, the empirical evidence would indicate they were correct, would it not? I'm showing you, based on the players you indicated, that they recruited players who could contribute and play. You're just mad because they weren't from PBH, that's your problem, not the UofA's.

So in your mind the UA staff KNEW that Liddell would come in and start at safety as a freshman? The same group of coaches that haven't been able to coach kids how to get off blocks, set the edge and not the runner get outside, tackle in the open field. BUT somehow they can look at kids from Arkansas that most SEC recruiters consider too small, too slow or both and determine they will contribute as freshman...that's what you want me to believe?

zebradynasty

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on December 17, 2016, 08:11:31 am
Ive seen Whaley fight off two blocks to run to the other side and catch a running back from behind after the RB was in full stride..He is a FREAK ATHLETE what ever University gets him got a STUD of a athlete...

Was a little surprised he didn't make All-State I know his stats were down some. We moved him to his natural position OLB and most people didn't seem to notice that against spread formation he would cover the slot receiver like a blanket. He showed excellent cover skills I think he had 2 pick 6's this year.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 17, 2016, 10:17:27 am
So in your mind the UA staff KNEW that Liddell would come in and start at safety as a freshman? The same group of coaches that haven't been able to coach kids how to get off blocks, set the edge and not the runner get outside, tackle in the open field. BUT somehow they can look at kids from Arkansas that most SEC recruiters consider too small, too slow or both and determine they will contribute as freshman...that's what you want me to believe?

No, I believe they though he would come in and contribute, I never said they had to start or contribute as a freshman, as very few no matter the stars/offers do. I suspect they know a whole lot more about recruiting and coaching, then either of us. I guess "contribute and play" is start as a freshman in your mind, you might try reading a little slower and comprehend.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2016, 11:06:53 am
No, I believe they though he would come in and contribute, I never said they had to start or contribute as a freshman, as very few no matter the stars/offers do. I suspect they know a whole lot more about recruiting and coaching, then either of us. I guess "contribute and play" is start as a freshman in your mind, you might try reading a little slower and comprehend.

What you are saying is BS whether I read it fast or slow makes no difference! You can continue to be UA's #1 apologist for being one step ahead of mediocrity. Those of us that don't want to keep lying to ourselves will point out the blatant errors in recruiting that UA makes ONE of those errors is continually ignoring athletes from PBH. 

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 17, 2016, 12:18:50 pm
What you are saying is BS whether I read it fast or slow makes no difference! You can continue to be UA's #1 apologist for being one step ahead of mediocrity. Those of us that don't want to keep lying to ourselves will point out the blatant errors in recruiting that UA makes ONE of those errors is continually ignoring athletes from PBH.

I guess all of the SEC is ignoring them too, lol. I guess the university has it in for PBH since they haven't recruited from there for "50" years, it must be in the university's by-laws.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2016, 01:53:46 pm
I guess all of the SEC is ignoring them too, lol. I guess the university has it in for PBH since they haven't recruited from there for "50" years, it must be in the university's by-laws.

You keep torpedoing your own argument! Every year UA signs kids from Arkansas that the SEC ignored...just none have been from PBH. Over the last 30 or so years no one high school in Arkansas can put a list of players that did not sign with UA but went on to have solid college careers at major college football programs than PBH.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 17, 2016, 04:54:57 pm
You keep torpedoing your own argument! Every year UA signs kids from Arkansas that the SEC ignored...just none have been from PBH. Over the last 30 or so years no one high school in Arkansas can put a list of players that did not sign with UA but went on to have solid college careers at major college football programs than PBH.

What you fail to understand, is I don't care where our recruits come from, you do. You also fail to account that no other SEC school thought these kids were worthy of an offer. How many were Prop 48 kids that couldn't get into the SEC or Big 12? The kids got their college education paid for, good for them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas