• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAA Soccer Conferences for 2017

Started by beeroe, August 05, 2016, 01:24:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beeroe

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Soccer/2017/2017_Soccer_Conferences.pdf

Really happy to see that the AAA just keep growing the 4A conference... All those 3A and bellow schools really need the challenge! And those smaller school bus drivers are just going to love all of the travel!

Its unfortunate for the 5A being so small and all. It must be tough to get excited playing a full season when you know you are just going to nearly auto qualify for state. Why not just skip the whole season and just go ahead and have state tournament in the beginning?

mijally

I noticed Quest in the 4a-4 conference. Does anyone know where this high school is?  I know Quest Academy in West Little Rock but I was under the impression that was only a middle school? 

Jack1990

They advertise that they are adding a grade per year with their first graduating class being in 2019. That would mean they will have 10th grade this year if they hold to their plan.

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

That list also doesn't include Nashville who will be adding a program as they have installed turf over the summer, so that'll be another team adding soccer in the 4A-2 conference along with Bauxite. The AAA website shows a coach listed for Bauxite for boys/girls soccer.

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

Also noticed Clarendon on the list for the 4A-4...

SportsDad

the 4a-4 conference has 13 teams... that means 12 conference games and only 4 games available for non-conference. That is absurd! Just don't know what folks are thinking making a conference that large with so many teams, many of which will not even be competitive. Frustrating for teams like Warren and Hamburg which will both walk thru the conference and never really be tested except for the 4 non-conference games they will have on their schedules.

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

Teams now have the option of 18 games and 1 tourney now at least will allow for a few more games. But I do agree the 4A conference size has grown way too large. Either split 4A and then 3A and below or go to 6 conferences like football.

Lionheart88

Indeed, 4A needs 6 conferences if they aren't going to split out 3A and below.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas