• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HAMPTON FOOTBALL

Started by baseball13, July 22, 2016, 12:54:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What place will Hampton come in?

1st
7 (24.1%)
2nd
5 (17.2%)
3rd
9 (31%)
4th
3 (10.3%)
5th
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: September 02, 2016, 06:19:18 pm

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 04, 2016, 07:19:12 pm
I see them going 8-2 (bearden and rison) coming into the playoffs being a mean 3 seed and giving teams a run for their money.

Rison lost their entire offense...

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: unbiased_fan on August 04, 2016, 08:01:35 pm
Transfer rule doesn't apply if it's a bona-fide move

The Hermitage Coach can keep him from playing if the deadline is past

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 04, 2016, 08:26:04 pm

No. You're not understanding. He didn't just transfer. He legit moved. There is a difference.

Jack1990

PB is right. Bonafide move and he can start playing on Day 1...No restrictions.

Delta_Bravo

I heard he had a good first practice. The option offence is a good fit for him. The other players are glad to have him.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on August 04, 2016, 08:41:30 pm
I heard he had a good first practice. The option offence is a good fit for him. The other players are glad to have him.

I assume he is at QB?

Delta_Bravo

AirWarren

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 04, 2016, 08:26:04 pm

1. Bonafide move.
2. Parent receives a job in the district.
3. School that is transferring from is in academic distress.

There are other ways other than a bonafide move.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2016, 08:31:49 pm
No. You're not understanding. He didn't just transfer. He legit moved. There is a difference.

Good for him and his family!

Football Truth

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 04, 2016, 07:17:05 pm
Hampton about to have one of the better seasons of their franchise lol
Monta most definitely will help them a whole lot

Delta_Bravo

Don't know much about him but also heard the Childs kid maybe coming also but he wasn't at practice tonight.

Football Truth

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on August 04, 2016, 10:36:45 pm
Don't know much about him but also heard the Childs kid maybe coming also but he wasn't at practice tonight.
Child's could be a beast in his own right if he fix his attitude. Not as fast as Monta but he can run for a big guy. Combo back with speed and power.

Beardad

Monta a senior? The thing for Ables to do is jump ship after a playoff run!

Cheek

Quote from: Beardad on August 05, 2016, 07:48:34 am

Why,  he has some good players coming.

dawgpound

There is a very good group of 10th graders that will be good for the next few years so why would he leave

AirWarren

He is a hometown guy. I don't see any reason why he would leave.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Beardad on August 05, 2016, 07:48:34 am

Hampton will be lucky if he doesn't mess up this team.

bigworm

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 05, 2016, 12:16:19 pm
Hampton will be lucky if he doesn't mess up this team.

you mean lucky if monta or ables don't mess it up?

Delta_Bravo

Pick i hope we meet DA in the playoffs. After we beat you. You can come on here and apologize to Ables.

Cheek

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on August 05, 2016, 12:19:18 pm
Pick i hope we meet DA in the playoffs. After we beat you. You can come on here and apologize to Ables.

One could happen, but not both. 

Delta_Bravo

Even if I demand an apology? Surely he would come through.

brock

Pick and Ables should just throw down lol. Who is your money on? Haha

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on August 05, 2016, 12:19:18 pm

Be careful what you wish for.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on August 05, 2016, 12:21:05 pm
One could happen, but not both.

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on August 05, 2016, 12:23:22 pm
Even if I demand an apology? Surely he would come through.

Ding-a-ling, he's talking about you might meet des arc in the playoffs, but you won't beat us.

Bigditchlion

Pick!! Where is that being held!? Let's set the rules though. No hair pulling would be the first I'd suggest. Dude has a mop. Lol

Cheek

Quote from: Bigditchlion on August 05, 2016, 01:22:02 pm
Pick!! Where is that being held!? Let's set the rules though. No hair pulling would be the first I'd suggest. Dude has a mop. Lol

That would not be an issue.

Bigditchlion

Bigditchlion

Hampton will be better for having Thomas. He is a dynamic player!

dawgpound

I've seen Ables fight he is legit lol and is a good coach and prolly pound for pound has the strongest kids in the state in the weight room they have drank the coolaid and are ready for war

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on August 05, 2016, 03:02:05 pm
I've seen Ables fight he is legit lol and is a good coach and prolly pound for pound has the strongest kids in the state in the weight room they have drank the coolaid and are ready for war

Maybe he has improved since he was at des arc, maybe he learned from that experience. Actually when he was here, It was his lack of holding every player to the same standards and not letting them do what they wanted and still be on the team. But he was young, hopefully it doesn't mess up Monta and maybe they have a descent year.

Delta_Bravo

Pick that sounded kinda like an apology. Now all we need is these two teams to meet up so DA can take their medicine. Monta will run wild on them.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on August 05, 2016, 03:18:15 pm
Pick that sounded kinda like an apology. Now all we need is these two teams to meet up so DA can take their medicine. Monta will run wild on them.

I have ZERO to apologize for. And I assure you, des arc has seen good backs before. Monta wouldn't like it the first time he ran into Ontario Conway. Just ask Mr. Greene from Brinkley.

bigworm

I'll take DA.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

You do understand des arc won more games LAST season than Hampton has won from 2010 till now? And unlike Hampton relying on a move in to be relevant, des arc stays in the conversation. So next year when you go back to winning 3-4 games a season tops, we will still be competing for conference titles and 1 or 2 seeds. Maybe Hampton can win a conference title this year, something they haven't done in so long most of the current players parents were not born or not in school yet.

purpleswag

I don't know anything about Monta Thomas but I did see Greene play and have seen Des Arc every year for decades.

They handled Greene very well but back when I was a sophomore Jamarlin Jackson almost single handedly beat you guys pick.

One thing about Des Arc is they always have a ton of size but not a lot of speed. If that has changed I don't see Hampton even with Monta having a big chance

BigLion10

JJ did beat DA didn't he?

BrianfromCarlisle

With the Conway boys alone, Des Arc has speed. I will most definitely attest to that.  Carry on.

heavyhittaz_7

Sleep on Hampton this year if you want to and u might get got.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: unbiased_fan on August 05, 2016, 05:08:37 pm
Even with Thomas it's hard to imagine a team going from 1-9 to not playing to conference Champs

Monta isn't the only thing that Hampton will have this year... They had a really good JR high team from last year. Now, I know.. Like I tell everyone what I am telling myself as I type this... "JR high doesn't always translate to SR high." But, it was worth mentioning.

Delta_Bravo

I'm sure that's what we will hear all year from other idiots like yourself but this group of sophomores are the only ones Ables has had since 7th grade. I know only time will tell. I have a feeling in a few years you will be begging for you daddy Ables to come home but you had your chance and lost him. BTW apology accepted.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 05, 2016, 04:55:01 pm
JJ did beat DA didn't he?

Yea in 2011 46-44. Can't remember if that was one of the years Ables was defensive coordinator or if he came the next year.

Jamarlin was probably the best athlete to come out of the 6 in a while.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on August 05, 2016, 05:24:26 pm
I'm sure that's what we will hear all year from other idiots like yourself but this group of sophomores are the only ones Ables has had since 7th grade. I know only time will tell. I have a feeling in a few years you will be begging for you daddy Ables to come home but you had your chance and lost him. BTW apology accepted.

PICK.....  :o :o :o

Pick_DA_EAGLES

August 05, 2016, 05:33:58 pm #92 Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 06:00:36 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Delta_Bravo on August 05, 2016, 05:24:26 pm

Awwww poor little feller, I must have struck a nerve seeing how you resorted to name calling. Is Wesley your lover or dad or both?
Actually ables isn't old enough to be my dad. And no, des arc will never want, need or allow Ables to be employed here again. And your comprehensive skills are on par with Hamptons football programs success, both are lacking. I can't find any comments I made that read anything close to an apology.

Oh, and for the record, we didn't lose him.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Cheek

Pick,  I hate to break the news, but Greene is no where close to Thomas.  Thomas is close to Kenneth Dixon good without the heart. 

purpleswag

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 05, 2016, 05:27:41 pm
Yea in 2011 46-44. Can't remember if that was one of the years Ables was defensive coordinator or if he came the next year.

Jamarlin was probably the best athlete to come out of the 6 in a while.

Yeah he was insanely good!! Again I'm not sure about Monta other than what I've heard here about him.

But I have to ask... If he is that good and they don't at least make the playoffs wouldn't that put Ables in the hot seat?

Hampton probably has never seen the likes of such an athlete from what I've heard

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Cheek on August 05, 2016, 06:42:49 pm
Pick,  I hate to break the news, but Greene is no where close to Thomas.  Thomas is close to Kenneth Dixon good without the heart.

Some I work with just told me someone said the same thing... I just don't know about the whole 'Dixon' good thing. He is definitely a difference maker like Dixon was. Dixon single handly took over a team and won a championship for Strong.

Proud Buckaroo

I just got word from someone that lives in Hampton that Child's will be going with Monta. I'm hearing he will be playing RB.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 05, 2016, 06:53:16 pm
I just got word from someone that lives in Hampton that Child's will be going with Monta. I'm hearing he will be playing RB.

Hold that thought. Presser tomorrow

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on August 05, 2016, 06:42:49 pm

I'm not saying Greene is on Monta's talent level. But I also know Monta is not close to the size of Greene and conway hit him so hard, he didn't want to run the ball towards him again all night. And you back up what I'm saying by questioning Monta's heart.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas