• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HAMPTON FOOTBALL

Started by baseball13, July 22, 2016, 12:54:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What place will Hampton come in?

1st
7 (24.1%)
2nd
5 (17.2%)
3rd
9 (31%)
4th
3 (10.3%)
5th
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: September 02, 2016, 06:19:18 pm

baseball13

HOW DO YOU SEE HAMPTON DOING THIS YEAR?

AirWarren

Successful jr high a couple of years ago? Correct? They have a chance to make a run in their conference.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: AirWarren on July 22, 2016, 01:09:41 pm
Successful jr high a couple of years ago? Correct? They have a chance to make a run in their conference.

All of the pre season polls talk about the "Bell of the Ball" Rison, followed by CHG, but everyone on here knows that when the rubber hit's the asphalt, thinks can change quickly! Hampton will knock someone out of post season play this year.

purpleswag

Based on the junior high??

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Did they get a new coach? If not, they will not affect the playoffs in anyway.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on July 22, 2016, 03:09:48 pm
All of the pre season polls talk about the "Bell of the Ball" Rison, followed by CHG, but everyone on here knows that when the rubber hit's the asphalt, thinks can change quickly! Hampton will knock someone out of post season play this year.

Already predicting who will take Beardens spot at the 5seed?

Delta_Bravo

I talked to some ppl that went to their team camp wed. They hosted Hamburg, magnet cove, and lakeside. Hampton moved the ball well on all the teams. If MC is a top 10 team then it's not as far fetched as I thought to have hampton in the top 20. Hey Pick what's your beef with the coach?

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: AirWarren on July 22, 2016, 01:09:41 pm
Successful jr high a couple of years ago? Correct? .

Which virtually always means nothing.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on July 22, 2016, 04:45:05 pm
I talked to some ppl that went to their team camp wed. They hosted Hamburg, magnet cove, and lakeside. Hampton moved the ball well on all the teams. If MC is a top 10 team then it's not as far fetched as I thought to have hampton in the top 20. Hey Pick what's your beef with the coach?

he used to take his lunch money before school

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Nothing that needs to be put on here. It's actually in the past.

Delta_Bravo

Well he really has worked hard to get this group of kids to buy into his program. It seems to be working but only time will tell. I'll go ahead and call my shot.... Hampton upsets Hackett in the first round of the playoffs!!! ;D

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 22, 2016, 03:58:59 pm
Already predicting who will take Beardens spot at the 5seed?

Possible but not probable

thabeast428

I think Hampton will surprise a bunch of people this year. Look for them to be a top 3 team by the playoffs

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thabeast428 on July 22, 2016, 09:21:37 pm
I think Hampton will surprise a bunch of people this year. Look for them to be a top 3 team by the playoffs

hoping you mean in conference

thabeast428

Yea in their conference but don't sleep on them just saying

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I sure would like for them to meet des arc in the playoffs!

thabeast428

I'm from jc but have friends in Hampton so I'd just like to see them make it to the playoffs

Delta_Bravo

Come on Beast there is plenty of room on the Hampton bandwagon. Pick ill even let you on too!

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: thabeast428 on July 22, 2016, 09:21:37 pm

The 8 is taking some heat right now for the wheels coming off of Bearden's wagon last year and JC exiting, but your pumping sunshine if you think that Hampton will finish 3rd in the 8. CHG, Rison, PC & Hermitage will see to that. Bearden will be loaded, with their Jr. Line averaging 280 and that's their 2nd team line that may not even see the field. Bearden will be very hard to stop next year too.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on July 22, 2016, 10:23:50 pm
Come on Beast there is plenty of room on the Hampton bandwagon. Pick ill even let you on too!

No thanks, I don't do bandwagons. Especially ones that run on Shetland ponies.

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: thabeast428 on July 22, 2016, 09:51:11 pm
Yea in their conference but don't sleep on them just saying
Hampton will not be top three in the 8 maybe 5th at best.

thabeast428

We will see but don't say I didn't warn ya lol

baseball13

pick don't like the coach at Hampton because he use to coach at des ark. I could see Hampton in the 5 spot but I could also see them as high as 4spot. And you never know Hampton might not even win a game. But mark my words if these kids stay sold out like they are right now Hampton will be contending in the 8 in the near future.

AirWarren

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on July 22, 2016, 10:37:35 pm
The 8 is taking some heat right now for the wheels coming off of Bearden's wagon last year and JC exiting, but your pumping sunshine if you think that Hampton will finish 3rd in the 8. CHG, Rison, PC & Hermitage will see to that. Bearden will be loaded, with their Jr. Line averaging 280 and that's their 2nd team line that may not even see the field. Bearden will be very hard to stop next year too.

Hermitage had 11-12 players last I heard.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: baseball13 on July 23, 2016, 08:04:07 am
pick don't like the coach at Hampton because he use to coach at des ark. I could see Hampton in the 5 spot but I could also see them as high as 4spot. And you never know Hampton might not even win a game. But mark my words if these kids stay sold out like they are right now Hampton will be contending in the 8 in the near future.

I wouldn't go so far as to say what he did at des arc was coach.  ;D

baseball13

12 PLAYERS WITH ONE OF THEM BEING THAT THOMAS KID THEY WILL STILL BE GOOD. PICK IF HE DIDNT COACH WHAT DID HE DO????  ::)

purpleswag

AirWarren

Quote from: baseball13 on July 23, 2016, 09:28:43 am
12 PLAYERS WITH ONE OF THEM BEING THAT THOMAS KID THEY WILL STILL BE GOOD. PICK IF HE DIDNT COACH WHAT DID HE DO????  ::)

We will see. Those kind of numbers are hard to overcome. I suspect Thomas will be overloaded with responsibility.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: baseball13 on July 23, 2016, 09:28:43 am

Oh, he was on the staff.

Football Truth

Hermitage got the same team from last year losing only 2 that actually played. Numbers can be a problem but it's the norm in Hermitage and the guys we have are game enough for it. Those sophomores for Hampton will be something to look out for in another year or two.

1.Rison(just bc of who they are but they will lose a conference game this year)
2.HG(I expect them to be very competitive coming from class 3A)
3.Hermitage(strong sr class led by one of the best players in the state)
4.Bearden(young team last year should be ready to go now)
5.Hampton(If they can stop DJ from PC if not PC will be here, and from what I saw from 7on7 strong can push for the 5th spot)

Delta_Bravo

Word on the street is Monta Thomas just moved to Hampton. Good news for the bulldogs

AirWarren

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on August 04, 2016, 04:23:10 pm
Word on the street is Monta Thomas just moved to Hampton. Good news for the bulldogs

Hmm. Maybe someone can verify this.

AirWarren

Quote from: unbiased_fan on August 04, 2016, 05:06:48 pm
Heard the same rumor today. Might be true.

It will break on here later tonight if it's true.

bearbacker52

the hampton game might be beardens only victory.

Football Truth

Yes it's true. Monta Thomas will be a bulldog this year. Best of luck to this young man no matter the location. Good Luck Bulldogs!!

JC Guy

Quote from: Football Truth on August 04, 2016, 05:27:01 pm
Yes it's true. Monta Thomas will be a bulldog this year. Best of luck to this young man no matter the location. Good Luck Bulldogs!!
If this is true how many folks will be changing the pick em?

Jack1990

If true...devastating news to Hermitage but a season changer for Hampton.

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on August 04, 2016, 06:32:11 pm
If true...devastating news to Hermitage but a season changer for Hampton.

Will hermitage field a team? Ans will there be other transfers?

Jack1990

August 04, 2016, 06:41:24 pm #38 Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 07:48:22 pm by Jack1990
Good question AW. His transfer may be a statement as to whether they field a team or not. I do know he was loyal to Hermitage.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: JC Guy on August 04, 2016, 06:24:52 pm
If this is true how many folks will be changing the pick em?

Conference is now between Hampton and CHG...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2016, 06:44:54 pm
Conference is now between Hampton and CHG...

I feel like the hootens had something to do with this....seeing as they had them at #20...

Football Truth

AW the Hermits from my understanding still will field a team.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Football Truth on August 04, 2016, 06:55:32 pm
AW the Hermits from my understanding still will field a team.

With 8 players? lol. Not likely.

Football Truth

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2016, 06:56:16 pm
With 8 players? lol. Not likely.
lol they have more than 8. My nephew is a sophomore there and he say even with Monta leaving they'll still have about 13

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Football Truth on August 04, 2016, 07:00:30 pm
lol they have more than 8. My nephew is a sophomore there and he say even with Monta leaving they'll still have about 13

Hold that horse! If Hermitage is going to field a team we're past the transfer deadline .

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Football Truth on August 04, 2016, 07:00:30 pm

My bad.. I heard it was only 8 players.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2016, 07:02:36 pm
My bad.. I heard it was only 8 players.

Isn't the last day of July the drop dead date to transfer

Headhunter15

Hampton about to have one of the better seasons of their franchise lol

Headhunter15

I see them going 8-2 (bearden and rison) coming into the playoffs being a mean 3 seed and giving teams a run for their money.

Backwoods Bart

Where are we at on this Bluedog?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas