• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ok, which one of you baseball Umps was this?

Started by ricepig, May 11, 2016, 02:00:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arreferee

If you read through the comments, there are some that give pretty good reasons for what he did.  One was to show the home plate umpire that he was covering home while the plate umpire had to cover third...having his back.  The other was to prove to the opposing coach that the player actually touched home plate.  Maybe there was some controversy earlier in the game about a similar situation. 

I'm not a baseball umpire.  Are there any on here that can verify these reasons?

ricepig

Quote from: arreferee on May 12, 2016, 09:02:57 am
If you read through the comments, there are some that give pretty good reasons for what he did.  One was to show the home plate umpire that he was covering home while the plate umpire had to cover third...having his back.  The other was to prove to the opposing coach that the player actually touched home plate.  Maybe there was some controversy earlier in the game about a similar situation. 

I'm not a baseball umpire.  Are there any on here that can verify these reasons?

You have to admit, it was quite unusual. I've watched a lot of high school baseball over the years, I've never seen anything like that.

bdubyab60

How about just making sure teh kid touched the plate and telling the homeplate ump that he did.

First ive ever seen it myself.

sevenof400

Why not just stay near the plate and watch for the runner to touch the plate? 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas