• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D1 prospect

Started by Bulldog4life, March 09, 2016, 05:56:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sickwillie

I know he is well known for football, but Thomas from Hampton can flat out ball too.

Bulldog4life

Roshala Scott will be transferring..

BigLion10

Bildo

Quote from: Bulldog4life on October 07, 2016, 09:48:32 pm
Transferring or moving? There is a difference when it comes to being eligible this year...

Bigtimebasketballfan

I guess Marion or west Memphis would be options. Where else is somewhat close she could move to?

Raider/Rebel

Talked to some people at Marion and they said they have not heard that she was joining their team.

MikelB

Why would she go anywhere? She got a State Championship ring as a 9th grader and has a very good chance of getting another one this year.

Raider/Rebel

Maybe the same reason Monk left EPC.  More exposure at a bigger school/conference.  She has the talent to play anywhere she goes but not sure she will be as dominant in other conferences as she is in 2a at Earle. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Raider/Rebel on October 11, 2016, 02:15:11 pm
Maybe the same reason Monk left EPC.  More exposure at a bigger school/conference.  She has the talent to play anywhere she goes but not sure she will be as dominant in other conferences as she is in 2a at Earle. 

Didn't Monk have a high rating, and multiple scholarship offers at EPC already?

Central Ark

If you're a big time recruit, it's mainly AAU where the big offers come in.

bdubyab60

Monk had all the offers basically as a freshman before the move. Hogs and Cats had been on him since 7th grade I believe. So moving Monk wasn't so he could get a better scholarship offer. Yeah they good him better exposure at a larger school. I guess the better competition helped him for college, maybe. They did get some tough games against some tough out of state opponents that probably wouldn't have happened in small town Arkansas. But the move also helped other members of the family as well.

Bigtimebasketballfan

So is anyone ever going to drop the bomb on where she is going...

Raider/Rebel

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 11, 2016, 10:05:26 pm
Monk had all the offers basically as a freshman before the move. Hogs and Cats had been on him since 7th grade I believe. So moving Monk wasn't so he could get a better scholarship offer. Yeah they good him better exposure at a larger school. I guess the better competition helped him for college, maybe. They did get some tough games against some tough out of state opponents that probably wouldn't have happened in small town Arkansas. But the move also helped other members of the family as well.
He had the offers at EPC but his brother helped him build a bigger brand name for his self when he moved to the bigger school.  thats the exposure i was talking about.  Sorry i should have explained better.  Anyway where ever she goes I wish  her all the best.  she is a very talented player.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Raider/Rebel on October 12, 2016, 12:52:58 pm
He had the offers at EPC but his brother helped him build a bigger brand name for his self when he moved to the bigger school.  thats the exposure i was talking about.  Sorry i should have explained better.  Anyway where ever she goes I wish  her all the best.  she is a very talented player.
I think I said the same thing. But the benefit of the move helped other folks more than it did Malik. Malik has been on everyones radar and has been projected lottery for a while, mainly from his performances in AAU ball. Not from what he did at Bentonville. That move benefited someone else way more than it did Malik.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 12, 2016, 02:14:53 pm
I think I said the same thing. But the benefit of the move helped other folks more than it did Malik. Malik has been on everyones radar and has been projected lottery for a while, mainly from his performances in AAU ball. Not from what he did at Bentonville. That move benefited someone else way more than it did Malik.

Yea, his aau ball was where he faced tough competition,  it wasn't the teams he played in high school.

MikelB

Quote from: Bulldog4life on October 07, 2016, 09:48:32 pm

Snopes says this is FALSE. lol

BigLion10

I've heard from good sources it is true

redrider30

Hey Bulldog has Scott went to West Memphis?

patriot15

Ro has not transferred and will not be transferring. I got this information directly from her at practice yesterday. I don't know how the rumor got started but trust me she will be playing in Earle and she seems to be ready to compete for another title. The one thing that I can tell you is that some major pieces had to be dismissed from the team

redrider30

I'm sure they'll find some more.

Dogg

Quote from: patriot15 on October 20, 2016, 11:04:09 am
Ro has not transferred and will not be transferring. I got this information directly from her at practice yesterday. I don't know how the rumor got started but trust me she will be playing in Earle and she seems to be ready to compete for another title. The one thing that I can tell you is that some major pieces had to be dismissed from the team
had an undefeated jr. high girls team last year.  The night grader that was moved up was sending the 2 that were dismissed to the bench anyway. Earle's guard play will be better this year with the addition of another talented 9th grader. Coach G made the right move, send them home early before they mess up team chemistry!

Bulldog4life

I know for  fact that it's not false. You will see when see very soon

bdubyab60

So if she has transferred, where is she at. Doesn't make much sense this late in the year

Bildo

Quote from: Bulldog4life on November 07, 2016, 08:11:03 pm
That what is not false?

BoxNOne

Riverside girls vs Earle today at 2:00 at Marmaduke Classic. We will see if she is still there. Riverside will give Earle all they want unless the Lady Rebel coach screws it up which is entirely possible.

NeaBaller21

Earle won by 1 with a 3 pointer with 10 seconds left

BigLion10

RedWolf275

I wasn't there, but if Earle was able to beat Riverside I would bet Scott played.

NeaBaller21

I wasn't there either

Raider/Rebel

She was there.  She didn't play as well as i have seen her play before.  She settled for more outside shots then getting to the basket. 

patriot15

I agree that she settled for to many outside shots today but Riverside did a good job not allowing her to just attack the basket the whole game. She did finish with 23. I was told that Earle had several players out today for various reasons.

Raider/Rebel

Yea i thought there were a few missing from last year.  Riverside played decent defense but i think a lot of it was her giving the ball up to get others involved.  She played off the ball several times where in years past of watching her play she would of had the ball and put the team on her back.  Just my opinion tho.  Regardless she is a gifted ball player and her attitude was under control. 

MikelB

Quote from: Bulldog4life on November 07, 2016, 08:11:03 pm

She played for Earle Saturday?

mr.gametime

Whats the latest on the point gaurd from earle... is her recruiting starting to pick up any???...How is she doing in AAU ball??? I read where the hogs just offered a girl in the 2019 class from north little rock.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas