• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Lumberjack Soccer

Started by AirWarren, December 19, 2015, 10:02:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mijally

Quote from: always88 on May 23, 2016, 01:07:47 pm
First I would like to congratulate both of your teams for having outstanding seasons. Second, have you considered petitioning the AAA to give Warren the runner up trophies for the boys and girls since they actually didn't get a fair opportunity to compete in this years finals?
I think they should petition to get a chance to play Dardanelle again for the trophy since they beat them once. After all; they can "easily" compete with any team in any conference including Bentonville, Springdale and all the other 7A West teams.

NEASoccer

Quote from: always88 on May 23, 2016, 01:07:47 pm
First I would like to congratulate both of your teams for having outstanding seasons. Second, have you considered petitioning the AAA to give Warren the runner up trophies for the boys and girls since they actually didn't get a fair opportunity to compete in this years finals?

If you lose your final conference game game, get a 2 seed, lose in the second round to Dardanelle, in what world do you deserve second?... Was this sarcasm and I just couldn't tell because it's just written or what?..

always88

Quote from: NEASoccer on May 23, 2016, 01:41:45 pm

If you lose your final conference game game, get a 2 seed, lose in the second round to Dardanelle, in what world do you deserve second?... Was this sarcasm and I just couldn't tell because it's just written or what?..

Only sarcasm, except the congratulations to both team was sincere.

soccerjunkie

Quote from: always88 on May 23, 2016, 01:49:33 pm

always88 - well played

NEASoccer

Quote from: always88 on May 23, 2016, 01:49:33 pm

I've seen a lot of silly comments throughout the year.. It wasn't extremely shocking to me.. Haha

Arbitro

Quote from: SportsDad on May 23, 2016, 12:38:08 pm
So, losses to Dardanelle, Hamburg, and Hope (on pk's) were the JACKS only losses, yet they had wins over... 5A champ Hot Springs, 4A champ Dardanelle, 5A powerhouse DeQueen...
Warren didn't play DeQueen.  Weather/field conditions intervened.

SportsDad

now wasn't that just a cute post...

never said that they were the runner-up...
simply stated the fact that the Warren v. Dardy game was the championship game in that everyone knew that the winner of that game was going to go untouched the rest of the state tourney, simply based on seeing all of the other competition and everyone that knows anything about soccer that witnessed the game knows it too...

Just like an earlier post said, the semifinal football game in '14 was the championship game... this is no slight to Mena, they beat everyone in their half of the bracket... but they are not on the same level as the other two teams.

Jack1990

Quote from: Arbitro on May 23, 2016, 03:13:27 pm
Warren didn't play DeQueen.  Weather/field conditions intervened.

I believe the DeQueen victory he is referring to occurred in the invitational tournament in El Dorado. The same tournament where Warren lost to Hope.

SportsDad

yes.... JACKS beat DeQueen in the opening game of the El Dorado tourney, 2-1. Then beat Texarkana, then lost to hope on pk's in the championship game...

Just love it when people think they know what they are talking about, and really do not know much at all.

SportsDad

Quote from: mijally on May 23, 2016, 01:32:14 pm
I think they should petition to get a chance to play Dardanelle again for the trophy since they beat them once. After all; they can "easily" compete with any team in any conference including Bentonville, Springdale and all the other 7A West teams.

If you ask anyone that really knows boys high school soccer, which I do, they will tell you that both Warren and Dardanelle could be very competitive in any classification this year. That is the reason so many larger schools wanted to play them, because good soccer teams want to play other good soccer teams... I know that there were 7A schools wanting to schedule Warren as the weather caused cancellations, but the teams couldn't schedule a date that worked out. Dardanelle played several larger schools, mostly because they are closer in proximity to them. As for Warren, there really are not any other soccer powerhouses that are close by in south Arkansas, so I would not be surprised to see who shows up on the schedule for next year.

I can tell you this much, both coaches....at Warren and at Dardanelle are not afraid to play anyone that wants to play... regardless of the name on the jersey!

Badger

May 23, 2016, 05:44:05 pm #160 Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:05:23 pm by Badger

Sir Alex

AirWarren

AirWarren

Warren Soccer complex update for youth leagues etc.

New lighting

Concession stand

AirWarren

SportsDad

Now that Coach Densmore has resigned from being the soccer coach, I wonder who will step in and be the head coach for the JACKS?
The new coach will inherit a championship contender for the next several years, but especially for the next two years!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas