• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015-2016 NCAA Basketball

Started by WPWells, December 03, 2015, 09:48:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLion10

Got a battle of a couple of Arkansas boys on the sec network between kavaughn Allen of Florida from NLR and Jalen Jones of Texas A&M from Searcy

mtindian42

Rutgers 41 the Ohio state 39 halftime

mtindian42

January 13, 2016, 07:23:36 pm #52 Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:26:13 pm by mtindian42
The Ohio state 94 Rutgers 68 final. Jaquan Lyle led the bucks with 16. 12-6 (4-1)

Longfellow

No mention of that beatdown Maryland is giving Ohio State?

mtindian42

Bucks or young... Maryland is loaded... This is not getting better any time soon for the bucks! Going to be a long year...

WPWells

VHSCoach2

Only one undefeated team left, SMU, and they are ineligible for the postseason. Good to see those kids fighting every game like they do get to go dancing, though.

WPWells

mtindian42

VHSCoach2

SMU loses to Temple, and there are no more unbeatens.

mtindian42

The Ohio state 66 penn state 46 final

mtindian42

The Ohio state 68 Illinois 63 final ot.

mtindian42

Buddy heild is a future nba star... This guy is unreal!

mtindian42

Maryland 66 the Ohio state 61 final

mtindian42

Wisconsin 79 Ohio state 68 final.

mtindian42

Congrats to stony brook they our going dancing! 👍 Go shock the world SBU...

mtindian42

How much did cal pay Doug gotley? Geeze! No way Kentucky wins it all.

I got Michigan state bringing it home to the B1G. Who y'all got?

Redwolves8526

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 13, 2016, 06:38:40 pm
How much did cal pay Doug gotley? Geeze! No way Kentucky wins it all.

I got Michigan state bringing it home to the B1G. Who y'all got?

North Carolina has a huge front court. Unless a team shoots the lights out, they will out rebound you like crazy which is especially important in neutral site gyms.

However, im not too confident in that pick lol. It's called March Madness for a reason. Mich State, West Virginia, Virginia, Oregon, Kansas, and Oklahoma could all very well win it this year. Unlike previous years, I don't believe there is a team that is head and shoulders better than everyone else.

Longfellow

I honestly don't think Oregon gets out of the round of 32. I'm having trouble with some of these matchups. I really think Yale could beat Baylor and UALR can beat Purdue

VHSCoach2

What an overkill that Selection Show was.  Two hours!?!?

Also, I had to laugh when the bracket was revealed on Twitter before it was revealed on TV.

The most telling, and hilarious, quote came from the guys hosting the NIT Selection Show:

"Our bracket is not leaked and our show is only 30 minutes!"

mtindian42

I thank msu will be a tough out... Valentine and Forbes will be just enough to get them the title...

Redwolves8526

Wichita State makes quick work of Vandy. Wasn't even a game in the 2nd half really. Can't wait to watch Reaves there next year!

wildcat_x-mgr

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on March 16, 2016, 06:12:43 pm
No FF Bracket pool this year?

Don't look like it....

And st Bonaventure proves(again) why espn and the experts need to shut up about snubs....couldnt even win first round of n.i.t

mtindian42

Let's go Tulsa! Buckeye nation is pulling for ya...

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: HF on March 16, 2016, 08:04:04 pm
Don't look like it....

Well, that smarts. I look forward to that every year.

mtindian42

dc24

Quote from: HF on March 16, 2016, 08:04:04 pm
Don't look like it....

And st Bonaventure proves(again) why espn and the experts need to shut up about snubs....couldnt even win first round of n.i.t

Ok, this may be my biggest pet peeve in all of sports. What a team does AFTER they get in the NCAA Tournament or NIT is completely IRRELEVANT as to whether or not they should have been in the tournament or not.  If a team wins the NIT it doesn't mean they deserved to be in the NCAA field.  If Tulsa wins the NCAA championship, it does not mean they deserved to be in the big dance.  Selecting teams to the NCAA Tournament is about your resume and what you did to earn it BEFORE the tournament, it is not about whether or not they view you as a more talented team than say, a Monmouth.  Tulsa absolutely didn't deserve to be in the tournament and I don't think Vanderbilt or Syracuse did either, what they do afterwards is obsolete.

Tulsa may have found new energy because of the new life, something they might not have had in NIT, and same with Saint Bonaventure.  If you think you're going to the NCAA Tournament or had a chance to, going to the NIT can be disappointing and can have an effect on the effort, even if it's subconscious.

Rant over, drives me crazy when people try to correlate that though.

mtindian42

Longfellow

I'm not one for crying about snubs, but I would've liked to seen BYU in the dance. They're such an exciting team to watch and could've been a big time Cinderella

mtindian42

How is mammoth not in the tournament? They should of at least been in one of the play in games.

mtindian42

Matt painter... 🙈 coaching... Purdue went to sleep..😴 and credit little rock they took advantage of it. And made this a game

BigLion10

How bout them Trojans!! On to Iowa State

AirWarren

Little rock!!!!! That's how it's done Hogs!

Longfellow

I picked Yale but picked Purdue. My bracket is officially busted

mtindian42

Indiana and the B1G rolling!!!

Romeo

Little Rock went from 13 wins last year to 30 this season. Amazing turnaround.

mtindian42

Indiana 99 Chattanooga 74 final. IU looking like they did earlier in the year... That's very good for the B1G

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on March 17, 2016, 08:24:56 pm
Little Rock went from 13 wins last year to 30 this season. Amazing turnaround.

Simply amazing. 30-4. Just an awesome season. Love seeing the airtime they are getting.

xadboy

Shockers are shocking the wildcats so far. Could be the biggest shock with the shockers margin of victory.

Side note, Capitol One commercials are hilarious this year. The mayhem guy commercials are good as well.

beach bum

Middle Tennessee State.... wow.

xadboy

Major bracket buster Middle Tennessee State!!!

xadboy

How about SFA!!! Another one bites the dust!!

1-Adam-12

The first time a 13, 14 and 15 have won on the same day.  And Northern Iowa (11) is owning u.t. right now.

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on March 18, 2016, 09:40:16 pm
The first time a 13, 14 and 15 have won on the same day.  And Northern Iowa (11) is owning u.t. right now.

Northern Iowa and Texas.... barn burner.

beach bum

What a game. We all love seeing the Horns lose. I also love seeing Missouri Valley teams succeed in the tourney....

mtindian42

Thank you ND... Go back to Ann Arbor jokes!!M!!😂😂😂😂 no 💍 for you... 👎👋🏻😂😂😂😂 love it...

xadboy

How about those two games. Jubilation for northern Iowa and heartbreak for Cincinnati

mtindian42

Mid-Majors have took over the tournament wow...

1-Adam-12

Only in this tournament could I have correctly picked three 11's, a 12 and a 13 and still have my bracket utterly destroyed.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas