• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015-2016 Arkansas basketball

Started by beach bum, November 14, 2015, 12:02:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

I have always cared about the basketball Hogs and will support them no matter how bad it gets this year! They got the win against Southern to start the year tonight. Kingsley goes for 22 and Hannahs goes for 21. I was thinking it was going to be a disaster of a season but I am starting to lean towards we actually put up some fight at least. I still think we only get 5 or 6 conference wins but I don't see us being an embarrassment as I had anticipated.

AirWarren

beach bum

November 18, 2015, 06:19:37 pm #2 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:23:29 pm by beach bum
It is airing on the SEC Network which I don't get  :-\ ..... I have to settle for the Pac 12 Network where I bandwagon the Ducks of Oregon on the side.

~WPS~

Tonight's game isn't on tv. It's on SEC Network+ aka watchespn.

AirWarren

WPWells

ricepig

AirWarren

WPWells

Akron is good for a MAC team, but Arkansas isn't good. I expected a long season, but I hoped maybe I'd see something tonight that would give me hope. It'll be a long two months between football ending and baseball starting

beach bum

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 18, 2015, 08:45:31 pm
Akron is good for a MAC team, but Arkansas isn't good. I expected a long season, but I hoped maybe I'd see something tonight that would give me hope. It'll be a long two months between football ending and baseball starting

That is exactly what I was thinking. Losing to a MAC team appears bad and should never happen but Akron will be right there with a team or two in deciding who gets their conferences bid. We should be able to take Charleston Southern next game. Then we got some tougher ones against ACC teams.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Lost to a MAC team? Are we sure the football team didn't take the court tonight?

I kid, I kid...

ricepig

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 18, 2015, 10:11:11 pm
Lost to a MAC team? Are we sure the football team didn't take the court tonight?

I kid, I kid...

Baseball opens up against a MAC team, seasons over there, too........

VHSCoach2

Rebounded (no pun intended) with a nice win over Charleston Southern last night.

Hornet4ever

Arkansas basketball is going to be a challenge this season.

BrianfromCarlisle

I think the bball team will be ok. The NBA has destroyed the sport for worse. The NBA is not basketball. I hate it. Basketball is a team sport. College was always the epitome of that.  Kids that wanted to prove their worth to get paid. Now you have the crap we have now. NBA is so individualized it is pathetic. If basketball doesn't change to baseball rules, college will become more pathetic than it is now. Why is anyone surprised that lower tier teams loaded with seniors win more than they used to win?  They actually understand the game. I am ready for one of them to win it all. It's coming.

Pokey03

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 22, 2015, 12:03:53 am
I think the bball team will be ok. The NBA has destroyed the sport for worse. The NBA is not basketball. I hate it. Basketball is a team sport. College was always the epitome of that.  Kids that wanted to prove their worth to get paid. Now you have the crap we have now. NBA is so individualized it is pathetic. If basketball doesn't change to baseball rules, college will become more pathetic than it is now. Why is anyone surprised that lower tier teams loaded with seniors win more than they used to win?  They actually understand the game. I am ready for one of them to win it all. It's coming.
+ 1

Pokey03

WPWells

BrianfromCarlisle

No. He will be back December 19. I actually think Arkansas will be ok because there isn't a star. They will play basketball. Hannahs can flat shoot. I honestly think the Hogs will benefit from Monk not being there. They have 3 of top 5 jucos, along with the returning players. They will play hog ball. They will win. And win a lot. I played. I got more pride out of stealing the ball and getting an assist then jacking shots up around three defenders. I couldn't stand BJ young. He shot with 4 players on him. PASS. Everybody is open. None of the 1 and done teams will win the title this year. It'll be a team loaded with team players.

beach bum

We take on Georgia Tech for anyone wanting to catch the basketball Hogs or flip back and forth between them and the NFL on Turkey Day tomorrow. Georgia Tech has thumped Green Bay UW-Green Bay & Cornell, have a 2 point win over Tennessee, and an bad one point loss to East Tennessee State. Give a good game boys! That's all I am hoping for.

WPWells

WPWells

ricepig

It's going to be a long season as we suspected. We've got some more scoring guards coming in next year, but unless Arlando Cook can score in the paint, we'll still struggle against any good teams.

BrianfromCarlisle

bdubyab60

You have to have big men who can score.

BrianfromCarlisle

I think they did a poor job of utilizing Kingsley. Whitt needs to stop looking for a shot. Just shoot when it's there. Bell is a spot up only shooter. I think if they make Hannah's option 1 and Kingsley 1a, they can make a little noise. It either needs to go to Kingsley, or Hannah's on first pass. They were so obviously overplaying Hannah's. Whitt will benefit once he creates off of of a pass from one of those two

AirWarren

Up 60-45 on Stanford right now.

Our bench is not deep at all.

VHSCoach2

Stanford finished the game on a 21-1 run to win 69-66.

Absolutely pitiful.

WPWells

We would have held on if the officials had called the offensive foul on Stanford or Hannahs getting hit on the arm

bdubyab60

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 27, 2015, 01:36:10 pm
We would have held on if the officials had called the offensive foul on Stanford or Hannahs getting hit on the arm
Up 60-45 and we score 6 the rest of the way. Thats crazy. We shouldnt need refs to bail us out when we are up 15.

WPWells

bdubyab60

Still should have been able to hold a 15 point lead I would think.

WPWells

We don't have any other scorers besides Hannahs

BrianfromCarlisle

mack

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 27, 2015, 01:42:47 pm
Up 60-45 and we score 6 the rest of the way. Thats crazy. We shouldnt need refs to bail us out when we are up 15.

It's not a bail out.  The guy pushed off with his left arm.  It was obvious.  This team is not good enough to overcome poor officiating.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on November 27, 2015, 02:38:18 pm

It's not a bail out.  The guy pushed off with his left arm.  It was obvious.  This team is not good enough to overcome poor officiating.

It shouldn't have mattered, we again don't have the mental toughness to finish games out. I'm getting real tired of this.

mack

Quote from: ricepig on November 27, 2015, 04:54:18 pm

It shouldn't have mattered, we again don't have the mental toughness to finish games out. I'm getting real tired of this.

I doubt that you expected much out of this year.  We'll have ups and downs.  Probably more downs.  MA can't work miracles...  If he could, we'd still have Portis, squalls an Beard.  Ok... Miracle worker an bondsman...

bdubyab60

It just shouldn't have had to come down to a couple of calls is all I'm saying. We have to be able to close games like that out and not have to worry about things like officiating.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Arkansas Basketball...down swing again...it seems that's all we have is down swings...no up swings...

Bring in Gruden...

bdubyab60

Up swing last year. But for sure down this year.

mack

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 27, 2015, 06:14:00 pm

It just shouldn't have had to come down to a couple of calls is all I'm saying. We have to be able to close games like that out and not have to worry about things like officiating.

Teams like Kentucky, Duke, Kansas don't have to worry about officiating.  We're not there, may never be.  I'm just going to enjoy watching MA teams play hard.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on November 27, 2015, 05:57:41 pm

I doubt that you expected much out of this year.  We'll have ups and downs.  Probably more downs.  MA can't work miracles...  If he could, we'd still have Portis, squalls an Beard.  Ok... Miracle worker an bondsman...

Correct, I didn't/don't expect much this season, but losing on a 21-1 spurt to close out the game is unacceptable. Also, Stanford is not very good, fact. So, yes, I was expecting to win this game.

WPWells

pioneers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 28, 2015, 10:54:25 am
Stanford won the NIT last year
And Arkansas played in the ncaa tournament....that was last year.

Romeo

When it comes to college sports, recruiting is the lifeblood of a program. If you can't recruit, you will not win. Simple as that. On rare occasions, you have coaches with actual talent that underachieve (i.e. Memphis). What we'll see with Arkansas this season is the result when you lose your best players to the NBA and are left with players that no other big time schools heavily wanted.

ricepig

Quote from: pioneers on November 28, 2015, 11:38:55 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 28, 2015, 10:54:25 am
Stanford won the NIT last year
And Arkansas played in the ncaa tournament....that was last year.

Beat me to it.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 27, 2015, 09:39:56 pm
Arkansas Basketball...down swing again...it seems that's all we have is down swings...no up swings...

Bring in Gruden...

LOL Venny! I grew up in my early years with Sutton and Nolan watching the Hogs and immolating the moves with the fellas on the playgrounds and driveways. To have been so far up for so many years and the after Nolan years, well it just seems like we will never have the type of success that we had for so long. I just don't see it happening for a long time. I don't see Anderson bringing in the type of players that can lead us to a consistent top 20 program. We may win more than we lose but not by much. Plus we play in suk bball conference. I hate watching SEC games other than KY.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 28, 2015, 03:15:19 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 27, 2015, 09:39:56 pm

Bring in Gruden...

LOL Venny! I grew up in my early years with Sutton and Nolan watching the Hogs and immolating the moves with the fellas on the playgrounds and driveways. To have been so far up for so many years and the after Nolan years, well it just seems like we will never have the type of success that we had for so long. I just don't see it happening for a long time. I don't see Anderson bringing in the type of players that can lead us to a consistent top 20 program. We may win more than we lose but not by much. Plus we play in suk bball conference. I hate watching SEC games other than KY.
Yep, me too...I am so sick of this crap...it seems like we are always in some sort of drama. Let's face it, it starts at the top...or it does at other schools...Arkansas is snake bit...Sheeeeezzzz...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on November 28, 2015, 10:23:52 am
Quote from: mack on November 27, 2015, 05:57:41 pm

Correct, I didn't/don't expect much this season, but losing on a 21-1 spurt to close out the game is unacceptable. Also, Stanford is not very good, fact. So, yes, I was expecting to win this game.
Normally you are wrong...lol...but you are spot on here... ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas