• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs. LSU

Started by WPWells, November 08, 2015, 05:32:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Hogs could get bowl eligible and keep their hopes of winning the west alive. LSU is a top 10 team this year and would be the best win of Bielema's career. I think we're built to stop the run, and with the way our offense has been playing, I'm curious to see if LSU can stop us.

Arkansas 38
LSU 28

bdubyab60

I'd prefer to win this one in regulation and without crazy plays.

AirWarren

Let's get em hogs!!!

What is crazy is if we win Toledo, TTU, and TAMU, we are 8-1.

Proud Buckaroo

If brandon and the team played the way they are now. We could be 8-1. But, that's okay. We are getting better and better on offense. Defense needs some work. They have plenty of time to work on actually wrapping up instead of trying to go at their legs.

bdubyab60

Next year we need to avoid a slow start like this year. Im happy with a bowl after teh way we played earlier in the year. Would be nice to win out though.

Proud Buckaroo

I think we can win out. If we continue to be hot on offense like we are. Just need to get better on defense!

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 09, 2015, 02:19:11 pm
Next year we need to avoid a slow start like this year. Im happy with a bowl after teh way we played earlier in the year. Would be nice to win out though.

No. We need to do our best to avoid injuries like we had earlier in the year. I think that was crucial to our start this year.

Breitontime

Injuries are a part of the game.

That is where depth comes in to play.

Jacketman65

Quote from: AirWarren on November 09, 2015, 04:40:51 pm

No. We need to do our best to avoid injuries like we had earlier in the year. I think that was crucial to our start this year.
No, I don't think that we were prepared earlier in the year, as has been the case for several years now.  Seems we always start slow.  Injuries happen -- next man!  We have to stop wasting scholarships on hopes, wishes, legacies and wantabees.  These things don't seem to effect the top tier teams every year and they are ready to play day 1.

sixthman

Quote from: Jacketman65 on November 09, 2015, 07:01:00 pm

No, I don't think that we were prepared earlier in the year, as has been the case for several years now.  Seems we always start slow.  Injuries happen -- next man!  We have to stop wasting scholarships on hopes, wishes, legacies and wantabees.  These things don't seem to effect the top tier teams every year and they are ready to play day 1.

Teams like Alabama and Ohio State can plug in the next man and never miss a beat because the are three deep with five star recruits at every position. It doesn't work that way in much of the real world. I was dissapointed with the early part of the season like everyone else, but the team is doing well now and I am pleased with how they have responded to their early problems.

Valleysports

And avoid graduation and players leaving for the NFL also.  One of the biggest losses is Philon & Flowers crashing down on the pass rush.  I heard something interesting today, from the TD Club.  It was pointed out that the rosters of all the great Arkansas Teams, have had 50-60% Texas Recruits on them.  What are we at now?  ;D       

bdubyab60

the injuries we had should not have cost us games against Toledo and Texas Tech. And most certainly didn't cost us against A&M.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on November 09, 2015, 10:30:57 pm

And avoid graduation and players leaving for the NFL also.  One of the biggest losses is Philon & Flowers crashing down on the pass rush.  I heard something interesting today, from the TD Club.  It was pointed out that the rosters of all the great Arkansas Teams, have had 50-60% Texas Recruits on them.  What are we at now?  ;D       

Less than that, but do you think playing in a conference where every member but yourself was located in the state of Texas might have had some influence on that??? Geez, either you don't think things out, or your troll attempts are slipping.   ;D

AirWarren

"Next man up" doesn't work at Arkansas. We don't have the depth the perennial greats have.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Dang, if CBB could prepare a team like at the first of the season the way we are at the end of the season we would be in the picture every year. Last year the defense came alive and killed it...this year they are atrocious...last year the offense was struggling and this year they are playing very good...we are winning late in a different way this year...

And no, injuries are not an excuse...everybody has them...you play through them and that determines if you are a championship team or not...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 10, 2015, 07:35:51 am
Dang, if CBB could prepare a team like at the first of the season the way we are at the end of the season we would be in the picture every year. Last year the defense came alive and killed it...this year they are atrocious...last year the offense was struggling and this year they are playing very good...we are winning late in a different way this year...

And no, injuries are not an excuse...everybody has them...you play through them and that determines if you are a championship team or not...

May not be an excuse, but injuries factor into every teams successes and failures. I'd say the strategy to get the passing game to a different level effected some of the early season play. They knew it was necessary to improve it for SEC play, unfortunately, it probably cost us against Toledo and maybe Tech.

Lions84

We are built to stop a straight on run game.  Hogs win by 3.

Legend

Upset alert! Arkansas stacks the box and shuts down LSU. Win by 7

Redwolves8526

I think Fournette gets on track this week. However, I do think Arkansas will play well. LSU by 7

bdubyab60

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2015, 07:51:45 am

May not be an excuse, but injuries factor into every teams successes and failures. I'd say the strategy to get the passing game to a different level effected some of the early season play. They knew it was necessary to improve it for SEC play, unfortunately, it probably cost us against Toledo and maybe Tech.
We had more than enough talent  to win those games. And I think the same as well. The adde emphasis on getting the passing game going hurt our offensive line play. Made us less physical as they probably spent more time pass blockng than run blocking

ricepig

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 10, 2015, 10:07:27 am

We had more than enough talent  to win those games. And I think the same as well. The adde emphasis on getting the passing game going hurt our offensive line play. Made us less physical as they probably spent more time pass blockng than run blocking

And, we had to have the passing game in order to be successful in the SEC, I agree we should have won.

Legend

Allen finally has some confidence that he can win some games and he can rely on people like Morgan and Henry to come up big in the clutch. The passes he was overthrowin and getting picked off now he is converting into TDS

Coach Venny Slocombe

All I am saying is the good teams play through it...we cannot use that excuse against teams like TT and Toledo...heck we had the injuries against A&M also, should have won that one...Bama, yes I agree...

WPWells

I'm not sure we couldn't give Bama a better game if we were to play again this week. I'm not saying we'd beat them, but I think we'd have a chance at the end

Legend

Arkansas has came a long ways but so has Bama defense. Be nice if you could mulligan one game a year and replay it.

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 10, 2015, 10:33:20 am

All I am saying is the good teams play through it...we cannot use that excuse against teams like TT and Toledo...heck we had the injuries against A&M also, should have won that one...Bama, yes I agree...

No doubt, we should have won Toledo and aTm, Tech seemed to have their game of the year against us.

Legend

I still think Arkansas will give them a scare. Do you think the game being moved from Thanksgiving week has taken some lackluster away from the game?

ricepig

Quote from: Legend on November 10, 2015, 12:31:06 pm
I still think Arkansas will give them a scare. Do you think the game being moved from Thanksgiving week has taken some lackluster away from the game?

Maybe a little, but I'm like Bielema, just play them as they are scheduled.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 10, 2015, 10:35:26 am
I'm not sure we couldn't give Bama a better game if we were to play again this week. I'm not saying we'd beat them, but I think we'd have a chance at the end
Yep I agree...

Legend

I still hate the fact they moved the game away from Thanksgiving

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2015, 11:38:48 am

No doubt, we should have won Toledo and aTm, Tech seemed to have their game of the year against us.

It is interesting how y'all say you should've won certain games.  Why?  Cause y'all missed some scoring opportunities?  You mean like the other teams didn't?  Most of those teams missed multiple scoring opportunities. Ole Miss thinks they should've won the game last week, they'll feel they gave it away with the facemask for example.  And they did.  Anyhow Arkansas must be the most "should've won" team in the history of football.  It's football for goodness sakes, you either won or you didn't.....   ::)

bdubyab60

Every team has some should have won games. Every team has games they shouldn't have either. We can't go back and replay them though and they are losses. But I think this is really about that perfect storm that is really turning in to a calm breezy day.

Legend

Look at ND. They were a 2pt conversion from tying up Clemson

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on November 10, 2015, 09:28:37 pm

It is interesting how y'all say you should've won certain games.  Why?  Cause y'all missed some scoring opportunities?  You mean like the other teams didn't?  Most of those teams missed multiple scoring opportunities. Ole Miss thinks they should've won the game last week, they'll feel they gave it away with the facemask for example.  And they did.  Anyhow Arkansas must be the most "should've won" team in the history of football.  It's football for goodness sakes, you either won or you didn't.....   ::)

Yep....I'm so tired of the fans that have used this week to say, yeah BA has been playing good lately but he still lost us 3 games....

Legend

Be careful HF bashing the hogs. It could get you a warning.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Legend on November 11, 2015, 06:38:59 am
Be careful HF bashing the hogs. It could get you a warning.

I'm not bashing the hogs...I'm tired of the "fans" that only want to talk crap...if that's how your fandom works then do everyone a favor and find a new team...(not you specifically,legend, I know you are a Clemson guy)

Legend

Yes sir I am. I just dont like the same people who have bashed Coach B and BA then now since they have won a few games they are all on his jock.

ricepig

We're speaking from talent level, you know like that mighty and powerful Texas team you like the mention. We all know it takes more than that, we'll the rest of us do, you I'm not so sure. Anyway, what we say has no effect on the outcomes, that's why we say it!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Legend on November 11, 2015, 06:52:27 am
Yes sir I am. I just dont like the same people who have bashed Coach B and BA then now since they have won a few games they are all on his jock.

They might be worse than the doom and despair guys...

Valleysports

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 10, 2015, 10:12:27 pm
Every team has some should have won games. Every team has games they shouldn't have either. We can't go back and replay them though and they are losses. But I think this is really about that perfect storm that is really turning in to a calm breezy day.

Yes that team blew several short and goals themselves.  ;D  I'm certainly not bashing the Hogs one little bit - I was pulling for BA, all the way, in that OT concerning said team.  I was just pointing out how Hog Fans Day Dream, actually posting what the record would've been, if Arkansas would've won the games, they should've won.       

Legend

November 11, 2015, 07:07:29 am #40 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:14:28 am by Legend
So can we start saying Arkansasing? Because there seems to be game every year that they should have won that they dont.

ricepig

Quote from: HF on November 11, 2015, 07:03:31 am
Quote from: Legend on November 11, 2015, 06:52:27 am

They might be worse than the doom and despair guys...

They're the same, lol.

Legend

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on November 11, 2015, 07:04:34 am

Yes that team blew several short and goals themselves.  ;D  I'm certainly not bashing the Hogs one little bit - I was pulling for BA, all the way, in that OT concerning said team.  I was just pointing out how Hog Fans Day Dream, actually posting what the record would've been, if Arkansas would've won the games, they should've won.     

If you've got the ability to, go to another school's message board and you'll find the same thing, it's what fans do, you know, "only if".........

bdubyab60

Quote from: ricepig on November 11, 2015, 07:11:25 am

If you've got the ability to, go to another school's message board and you'll find the same thing, it's what fans do, you know, "only if".........
This is true Rice

Valleysports

Ricepig, you've been hypersensitive lately - keep it up and I'll have my wife start posting!  :P

Legend

Its the nature of being a fan. What if Arkansas scooped and scored in the Sugar Bowl?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on November 11, 2015, 07:18:09 am
Ricepig, you've been hypersensitive lately - keep it up and I'll have my wife start posting!  :P

You mean she hasn't been?? You know I'm not going to let you make those backhanded compliments without responding. You ready for 10 days from now?

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on November 11, 2015, 07:11:25 am

I've never been to another schools message board or even another sports forum.  Good point - I only know Arkansas Fans.   

bdubyab60

Quote from: HF on November 11, 2015, 06:32:35 am

Yep....I'm so tired of the fans that have used this week to say, yeah BA has been playing good lately but he still lost us 3 games....
There is a difference in BA in these last games compared to those games. I don't he lost us those games. In the earlier games despite his numbers he was not making the plays he is now. I've always thought BA was as mentally tough as anyone. No player has taken the open criticism he has and for him to be able to be doing what he's done here lately is a testament to his mental toughness.
People like me have been critical of him but have only wanted him to succeed. That's what I don't get. Is that some people really didn't want him to succeed and be benched.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas