• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015-16 NFL Season

Started by VHSCoach2, August 09, 2015, 06:44:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VHSCoach2

The NFL is back!.....kinda.

Hall of Fame Game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Minnesota Vikings is tonight.

Let's use this thread as the forum for this season's games and happenings.

Proud Buckaroo

The hall of fame game was really boring.. I didn't care much for it. Lol.

VHSCoach2

Not only did the Steelers lose the game, but they have lost their kicker, Shaun Suisham, for the season with a torn ACL, which he suffered at some point during the game.

VHSCoach2

Jets' quarterback, Geno Smith, out 6-10 weeks after being sucker punched by a (no-ex) teammate in the locker room earlier today. Reports are saying he suffered a broken jaw.

Romeo

Multiple reports are saying the fight stemmed from $600 in plane tickets and limo services that Smith owed. IK Enemkpali had a football camp in July and invited Smith to participate. He paid for his plane ticket and transportation. However, days before Smith's friend died in a motorcycle accident and didn't attend the camp. Smith said he would reimburse him but he didn't. IK confronted him about it today and the altercation ended with a broken jaw.

Romeo

Coach Venny Slocombe

Are the Jets having their camp in Ferguson? ;D

beach bum

AFC division winners: Chiefs, Bengals, Colts, Patriots
AFC wild cards: Broncos & Dolphins

NFC division winners: Panthers, Seahawks, Packers, Eagles
NFC wild cards: Rams & Giants

NFC title: Packers over Seahawks @Lambeau Field
AFC title: Colts over Chiefs in Indy

Super Bowl: Packers 38-27 over Colts

beach bum

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on August 11, 2015, 05:06:54 pm
Are the Jets having their camp in Ferguson? ;D

Cam Newton was yesterday too.... we all know how much everybody loves Cam.

beach bum

In the AFC everyone except the Jaguars, Raiders, Titans, & Browns have a chance at the playoffs entering the year. In the NFC only the Bears, 49ers, & Redskins should be very bad. The Bucaneers should even have a shot at the playoffs because the NFC South is by far the worst division. I love the NFL.

Redwolves8526

Broncos will be scary with Kubi and Phillips running that defense. Having Von Miller, D-Ware, Shane Ray, Chris Harris, Aquib Talib, TJ Ward, etc to work with will make them dominant. Peyton may be aging. But if he puts 20-25 on the board every game, they've got to be the favorites in the AFC.

DerekOxford

Cowboys winning the NFC #thisisouryear

Lionheart88

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 12, 2015, 11:31:54 am
Broncos will be scary with Kubi and Phillips running that defense. Having Von Miller, D-Ware, Shane Ray, Chris Harris, Aquib Talib, TJ Ward, etc to work with will make them dominant. Peyton may be aging. But if he puts 20-25 on the board every game, they've got to be the favorites in the AFC.
I hope you're right.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: DerekOxford on August 12, 2015, 01:11:23 pm
Cowboys winning the NFC #thisisouryear

I want the refs from that GB game drawn and quartered.

VHSCoach2

Seems like the Bills have claimed IK Enemkpali.

Rex gonna Rex.

The Future

Buccaneers over Bills Super Bowl 50
Rex Ryan Coach of the Year
Jameis Winston MVP

;D

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on August 12, 2015, 06:47:52 pm
Seems like the Bills have claimed IK Enemkpali.

Rex gonna Rex.

Wow, surprised yet not since Rex drafted him.

beach bum

Quote from: The Future on August 12, 2015, 08:51:28 pm
Buccaneers over Bills Super Bowl 50
Rex Ryan Coach of the Year
Jameis Winston MVP

;D

Honestly if the Bills can be a top 3 or 4 rushing team which is very possible I could see them being a playoff team.... since the 8 division format in 2002 there has always been 5 new playoff teams every year.

VHSCoach2

August 13, 2015, 05:25:22 pm #18 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 08:27:56 am by VHSCoach2
Games from 8/13/15:

New Orleans Saints 27
Baltimore Ravens 30
Final

Green Bay Packers 22
New England Patriots 11
Final

New York Jets 3
Detroit Lions 23
Final

Washington Redskins 20
Cleveland Browns 17
Final

Miami Dolphins 10
Chicago Bears 27
Final

Dallas Cowboys 7
San Diego Chargers 17
Final

Proud Buckaroo

August 14, 2015, 05:53:52 am #19 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:00:37 am by Proud Buckaroo
Spaights got 3 tackles, 2 assisted in the Redskins pre-season game.

Trey Flowers got 1 tackle, 1 assisted, and 1 sack in the New England pre-season game.

Philon got 1 tackle, and 1 assisted in the Chargers pre-season game.

VHSCoach2

August 14, 2015, 08:29:51 am #20 Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 09:18:26 am by VHSCoach2
Scored from 8/14/15:

Tennessee Titans 24
Atlanta Falcons 31
Final

Carolina Panthers 25
Buffalo Bills 24
Final

Pittsburgh Steelers 21
Jacksonville Jaguars 23
Final

New York Giants 10
Cincinnati Bengals 23
Final

St. Louis Rams 3
Oakland Raiders 18
Final

Denver Broncos 22
Seattle Seahawks 20
Final

Proud Buckaroo

That Tyler kid for Seattle return team is no joke. He will definitely be part of the big picture in Seattle. Welcome to the Legion of boom.

VHSCoach2

August 15, 2015, 09:19:27 am #22 Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 11:10:53 pm by VHSCoach2
Scores for 8/15/15:

San Francisco 49ers 10
Houston Texans 23
Final

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16
Minnesota Vikings 26
Final

Kansas City Chiefs 34
Arizona Cardinals 19
Final

Proud Buckaroo

I am really looking forward to seeing how Jameis does tonight.

VHSCoach2

The San Diego Chargers and quarterback Phillip Rivers have agreed to a four-year contract extension. The extension is for $84 million, with $65 million guaranteed.

Proud Buckaroo

I was really impressed with how Bridgewater handled this game. I'm disappointed in how Jameis first started out the game. Sacked a few times, threw a pick. Finished 9 of 19 for 131 yards. The rushing touchdown was pretty good. I'd really take a strong look at their O-line though. Those sacks were really from his line falling a part. Mariota did a little better after the first couple of drives. He finished 7/8 with 98 yards, and one interception.

VHSCoach2

Today's score:

Indianapolis Colts 10
Philadelphia Eagles 36
Final

Preseason Week 1 is complete.

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 16, 2015, 05:01:00 am
I was really impressed with how Bridgewater handled this game. I'm disappointed in how Jameis first started out the game. Sacked a few times, threw a pick. Finished 9 of 19 for 131 yards. The rushing touchdown was pretty good. I'd really take a strong look at their O-line though. Those sacks were really from his line falling a part. Mariota did a little better after the first couple of drives. He finished 7/8 with 98 yards, and one interception.

I see the Vikings winning between 9 and 11 games.... possible Wild Card team IMO.

VHSCoach2

August 20, 2015, 05:21:29 pm #28 Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:23:29 am by VHSCoach2
Preseason scores from 8/20/15:

Detroit Lions 17
Washington Redskins 21
Final
*-Redskins QB Robert Griffin III suffered a shoulder/head injury

Buffalo Bills 11
Cleveland Browns 10
Final

VHSCoach2

August 21, 2015, 04:38:25 pm #29 Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 09:36:44 am by VHSCoach2
Preseason scores from 8/21/15:

Atlanta Falcons 22
New York Jets 30
Final

Seattle Seahawks 13
Kansas City Chiefs 14
Final

VHSCoach2

August 22, 2015, 02:08:01 pm #30 Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 01:46:29 am by VHSCoach2
Scores from 8/22/15:

Miami Dolphins 30
Carolina Panthers 31
Final

Baltimore Ravens 17
Philadelphia Eagles 40
Final

Chicago Bears 23
Indianapolis Colts 11
Final

Jacksonville Jaguars 12
New York Giants 22
Final

New England Patriots 26
New Orleans Saints 24
Final

Oakland Raiders 12
Minnesota Vikings 20
Final

Denver Broncos 14
Houston Texans 10
Final

San Diego Chargers 22
Arizona Cardinals 19
Final

HorseFeathers

I just can't watch nfl preseason...

phdefense

Quote from: HF on August 22, 2015, 02:27:19 pm
I just can't watch nfl preseason...
The 3rd game is usually the only one worth watching.

VHSCoach2

It's football, so I can watch, haha.

I remember when NFL Europe was still active. I'd watch that all the time. I watch the CFL a lot, too.

However, I do like college football more than professional.

VHSCoach2

August 23, 2015, 12:31:31 pm #34 Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:14:51 pm by VHSCoach2
Scores from 8/23/15:

Green Bay Packers 19
Pittsburgh Steelers 24
Final
*Steelers have lost Pouncey to an ankle injury and the Packers have lost Jordy Nelson to a torn ACL in this game.

St. Louis Rams 14
Tennessee Titans 27
Final

Dallas Cowboys 6
San Francisco 49ers 23
Final

VHSCoach2

The Steelers signed Michael Vick to a one-year deal after they lost Bruce Gradkowski in their last preseason game.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on August 22, 2015, 05:19:54 pm

I remember when NFL Europe was still active. I'd watch that all the time. I watch the CFL a lot, too.

Why? Just curious. The atmosphere is better (regular season at least, not playoffs) in college but to me, the game is much faster in the NFL than college

phdefense

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 26, 2015, 08:35:45 am

Why? Just curious. The atmosphere is better (regular season at least, not playoffs) in college but to me, the game is much faster in the NFL than college
I agree there is no question that the quality of play is much higher in the NFL. I have never understood how people can prefer "worse" football.

Hootie

Same here. I love college football and the atmosphere, but I really enjoy watching the elite of the elite go at it in the NFL.

Lionheart88

August 26, 2015, 04:10:51 pm #39 Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:23:28 pm by Lionheart88
I prefer the variety in college.  All the NFL teams run similar systems.  There's nothing like the variety you get in college with the Option, Run and Shoot, Double Slot, various forms of the I, HUNH in various formations, etc.  I really enjoy watching a good option, double slot, or wishbone attack, like Georgia Tech or the military academies.  Closer to home, Harding is fun to watch.

beach bum

NFL is king to me. I understand most of us live or grew up in a state or still live in one where their are no pro franchises so college is mainly king in Arkansas. When I was living in Pensacola college was still king because its kind of in middle ground for a ton of SEC schools. Now in Colorado its all pro sports. There is no real pride in Colorado State or Colorado because there are so many move ins with Colorado being a transplant state from other states here that they stay tied to the college of the state they grew up in. However, Denver has some great pro sports fans. College, no one cares about it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 26, 2015, 04:37:22 pm
NFL is king to me. I understand most of us live or grew up in a state or still live in one where their are no pro franchises so college is mainly king in Arkansas. When I was living in Pensacola college was still king because its kind of in middle ground for a ton of SEC schools. Now in Colorado its all pro sports. There is no real pride in Colorado State or Colorado because there are so many move ins with Colorado being a transplant state from other states here that they stay tied to the college of the state they grew up in. However, Denver has some great pro sports fans. College, no one cares about it.

Colorado and Colorado state suck in the major sports though

beach bum

Quote from: HF on August 26, 2015, 05:09:17 pm

They are horrendous,  and no one cares about it. It was a big shock when I saw how its like "oh well we stink and we don't care". The people in Boulder are more concerned about rock climbing up Boulder Canyon Road west of campus or sitting at the coffee shop lol...than their football team. Its weird.

VHSCoach2

August 27, 2015, 05:07:48 pm #43 Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:10:06 pm by VHSCoach2
Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 26, 2015, 08:35:45 am

I'll be glad to answer, Redwolves8526!

I've just always like college football more than the NFL, as far back as I can remember.  It may have a little to do, as others have said, with the fact that Arkansas only has college teams, but that's not the only reason.  As you stated, the atmosphere is better in the college game, and I enjoy that much more than the "pace" of the game that you alluded to in your post.  I've been to Razorback games on almost every SEC campus.  All great atmospheres, even as a part of the visiting crowd!  I have yet to see an NFL game in person, so perhaps I am a little biased here.  However, I am getting to see my Falcons play twice this year (in Dallas and Nashville)!

The thrill of watching #1 go down at least once a year is fantastic to me, and really the only time recently that I can relate a true "#1" in the NFL falling was when the Giants ended the Patriots undefeated season in the Super Bowl.  I love the rivalries, the fan bases, the multitude of teams to watch (so many games to choose from every weekend)!

I also enjoy watching the college analytical shows and pre-game shows.  They have some pretty enjoyable analysts, no matter the network, that get me hyped every Saturday morning.

beach bum

Only about 5 or 6 NFL fan bases can offer an atmosphere like the college game. The Chiefs at Arrowhead, Packers at Lambeau, Seahawks at Quest Field, the Saints when they are rolling in the Super Dome, and possibly playing in Pittsburgh or New England. They are near impossible to beat at home when they have good teams.

Longfellow

The reason I prefer college to professional is that passing offenses are much more wide open and high flying. There isn't a true air raid offense in the nfl. A lot of pass centric offenses but nothing like Baylor, Louisville, Washington State, Oklahoma State, SMU, or Texas Tech

fastdrop

Quote from: beach bum on August 26, 2015, 06:14:55 pm
Quote from: HF on August 26, 2015, 05:09:17 pm

They are horrendous,  and no one cares about it. It was a big shock when I saw how its like "oh well we stink and we don't care". The people in Boulder are more concerned about rock climbing up Boulder Canyon Road west of campus or sitting at the coffee shop lol...than their football team. Its weird.
Sounds like smart people to me. It is kind of strange that people care too much about a sports team.

VHSCoach2

August 28, 2015, 04:41:09 pm #47 Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:23:13 am by VHSCoach2
Scores from 8/28/15:

New England Patriots 17
Carolina Panthers 16
Final

Detroit Lions 22
Jacksonville Jaguars 17
Final

Tennessee Titans 10
Kansas City Chiefs 34
Final

VHSCoach2

August 29, 2015, 09:22:57 am #48 Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 11:45:32 pm by VHSCoach2
Scores from 8/29/15:

Pittsburgh Steelers 19
Buffalo Bills 43
Final

Atlanta Falcons 9
Miami Dolphins 13
Final

Cleveland Browns 31
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7
Final

Minnesota Vikings 28
Dallas Cowboys 14
Final

New York Jets 28
New York Giants 18
Final

Chicago Bears 10
Cincinnati Bengals 21
Final

Washington Redskins 31
Baltimore Ravens 13
Final

Seattle Seahawks 16
San Diego Chargers 15
Final

Philadelphia Eagles 39
Green Bay Packers 26
Final

Indianapolis Colts 24
St. Louis Rams 14
Final

San Francisco 49ers 12
Denver Broncos 19
Final

WPWells

My Cowboys have started poorly, but I'm remembering that it's just preseason.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas