• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

Long story on this, so here's the condensed version: 

Sutton accepted a one-off sponsorship from a betting website in England who then laid odds on whether Shaw would eat on the bench in the second half.  Shaw was apparently aware of it potentially putting him and the club in violation of FA rules.  So Shaw admitted he'd made a mistake and resigned.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

beach bum

Screw Leicester... I was rooting for them to stay up but I hope they enjoy the Championship next year.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 23, 2017, 03:10:04 pm
Leicester City have sacked Claudio Ranieri

Even though they were struggling I can't say I saw this coming.

I want them SO BADLY to stay up, but the cards seem stacked.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Premier League winning managers since 2012:

Mancini - sacked
Sir Alex - retired
Pellegrini - sacked
Mourinho - sacked
Ranieri - sacked

1-Adam-12

Going to be interesting how the LC players react when they play Liverpool at home next Monday.

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 23, 2017, 08:13:52 pm
Premier League winning managers since 2012:

Mancini - sacked
Sir Alex - retired
Pellegrini - sacked
Mourinho - sacked
Ranieri - sacked

I have happily taken Conte over Jose.

VHSCoach2

Former Man City and Inter boss Roberto Mancini is the frontrunner for Leicester City job.

VHSCoach2

Crystal Palace 1-0 Middlesbrough

With that result, defending champion Leicester City has dropped into the relegation zone.

Longfellow

Just when I was about to order my Bournemouth jersey, Crystal Palace climbs out of the relegation zone

VHSCoach2

You can't make this stuff up:

Just days after asking Wayne Shaw for his resignation for "pie-gate", Sutton United was forced to use a field player as keeper when their starter, Ross Worner, was injured in the 4th minute today.

Sutton got the win, 3-2.

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on February 25, 2017, 11:07:36 am
Just when I was about to order my Bournemouth jersey, Crystal Palace climbs out of the relegation zone

I love the yellow Crystal Palace jerseys... Their white ones they had last year were my favorite in all the league.

beach bum

I know it wasn't against the stoutest competition, but Everton and West Brom continue to impress this year to stay comfortable in the top half of the table. They are doing what they didn't last year. Win the games they should and not draw so much. Those young guys for Everton continue to be quite fun to watch.

Longfellow

Quote from: beach bum on February 25, 2017, 01:27:37 pm
I love the yellow Crystal Palace jerseys... Their white ones they had last year were my favorite in all the league.
That's one of the reasons I'm torn between them and Bournemouth. I look much better in Crystal Palace colors than I do in Bournemouth's

1-Adam-12

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 25, 2017, 11:59:09 am
You can't make this stuff up:

Just days after asking Wayne Shaw for his resignation for "pie-gate", Sutton United was forced to use a field player as keeper when their starter, Ross Worner, was injured in the 4th minute today.

Sutton got the win, 3-2.

It doesn't just happen to the small clubs.

In the 2008 FA Cup quarterfinal between Manchester United and Portsmouth, United's first-choice keeper went out injured after the first half, then midway through the second half their reserve keeper was shown a straight red for taking out an attacking player in the penalty area. 

United didn't have their third keeper dressed so one of the field players had to play in goal. His first assignment was to try to save the penalty.  He didn't and Portsmouth went on to win, and they won the Cup as well in the end.

At that time Portsmouth was a Premier League team.  They are now in League Two.

1-Adam-12

Woah, Leicester looked like last year's team against Liverpool today!  If they continue like this LC will definitely stay up.

beach bum

With MLS starting this weekend who is everyone's team in MLS and why? I have got to say mine are Sporting KC in the West and Orlando City in the East. Sporting KC because they are so close to NW Arkansas and they have a very good base of fans for them. Orlando City because the players on their roster and they have one of the best groups of fans in the East. Their new stadium will be rocking all 17 of their homes game this year.

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on February 27, 2017, 09:41:59 pm
Woah, Leicester looked like last year's team against Liverpool today!  If they continue like this LC will definitely stay up.

That was a whipping for sure... Merseyside Derby not too far away for me and you!

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on March 02, 2017, 11:20:05 am
With MLS starting this weekend who is everyone's team in MLS and why? I have got to say mine are Sporting KC in the West and Orlando City in the East. Sporting KC because they are so close to NW Arkansas and they have a very good base of fans for them. Orlando City because the players on their roster and they have one of the best groups of fans in the East. Their new stadium will be rocking all 17 of their homes game this year.

I like Houston dynamo. Primarily because of their colors and I think their stadium is nice.

Honestly, I haven't found a team I just follow. I need to though.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on March 02, 2017, 11:40:10 am
I like Houston dynamo. Primarily because of their colors and I think their stadium is nice.

Honestly, I haven't found a team I just follow. I need to though.

The home and comfort of the Jacks colors haha.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Kind of like the Portland Timbers as well.

AirWarren

Longfellow

New York Red Bulls. I like Sacha Kljestan. I'll also cheer for Sporting KC because they're so close and I really like the city

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

Woah. 

The referee at Man Utd/Bournemouth is terrible.  Mings of Bournemouth should have got a red (stamping on Ibrahimovic's head) and Ibra himself as well (for throwing an elbow in retaliation).  And Surman should still be on the pitch, not in the locker room for a second yellow card.

The ref should have to spend the rest of the season working non-league matches.

Longfellow

VHSCoach2

Credit to Bournemouth for hanging on for the draw with 10 men for the entire second half. Could be a crucial point down the stretch.

AirWarren

beach bum

Liverpool can beat anyone in the top 6... But they'll lose their next game to a bottom table team.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on March 03, 2017, 10:54:31 pm
Adi just made it 5-1

FINAL. Portland Timbers.

Going to a game at Providence Park in Portland is definitely on my bucket list.... They have sold out every game there since forever basically. It is definitely the best atmosphere in the MLS.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on March 04, 2017, 03:57:51 pm
Going to a game at Providence Park in Portland is definitely on my bucket list.... They have sold out every game there since forever basically. It is definitely the best atmosphere in the MLS.

Love that lumberjack.

AirWarren

SHEBelieves Cup(whatever that is haha)

USA vs England right now 0-0

beach bum

That Everton v Spurs game got a little funky at the end with some quick strike goals.... Tottenham holds on 3-2 for the win.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on March 05, 2017, 09:26:10 am
That Everton v Spurs game got a little funky at the end with some quick strike goals.... Tottenham holds on 3-2 for the win.

Man city finished off Sunderland 2-0.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on March 05, 2017, 12:08:52 pm
Man city finished off Sunderland 2-0.

Chelsea gets the show to itself tomorrow against West Ham.... I hate West Ham's new stadium. The old one had a much better atmosphere. West Ham doesn't play as good there either so I will take Chelsea with the straight up win. I'll go 1-0

AirWarren

Go Chelsea!

Watching Atlanta united. The stadium is sold out and packed. 55k people. Soccer has invaded the south.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on March 05, 2017, 08:08:38 pm
Go Chelsea!

Watching Atlanta united. The stadium is sold out and packed. 55k people. Soccer has invaded the south.

They went bonkers for that goal in Atlanta, and Orlando opened up their 25K stadium in style with a win too. They'll sell out all their home games in Orlando this year for sure. I am hoping one more generation (15-20 years) that the MLS becomes a solid worldwide league competitively and that soccer is taken as a major sport with the others in this country. I think the money flow will continue to rise leading to players paid more and slowly strengthen the league over time.

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

Chelsea 10 points clear on the table now.

Tops West Ham united 2-1. Hazard and Diego Costa with goals.

AirWarren

Blue is the colour, football is the game. We're all together, and winning is our aim. So cheer us on through the sun and rain. 'Cause Chelsea, Chelsea is our name. Come to the she'd and we'll welcome you. Wear your blue and see us through. Sing loud and clear until the game is done. Sing Chelsea everyone!!! CHELSEA! CHELSEA!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas