• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

Halftime.

Chelsea 1-0 over Arsenal.

Arsenal was picking up steam in the last 10 minutes. This is big boy soccer right here. About like a Clemson vs Alabama haha

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Congratulations to Chelsea for their 2016-17 Premier League title.

....barf...

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Crystal Palace 0-4 Sunderland, halftime

Sunderland was up 1-nil in the 44th minute and then the floodgates opened.

beach bum

Chelsea is the champ, My Liverpool is garbage. Everton is going to beat us at Anfield at this rate and Liverpool may end up as low as 7th if this continues. We all might have to start rooting for Spurs except for AW haha.

On another note Lukaku poured in 4 goals himself today.... Never been a fan of his attitude, but when he starts rolling he can pour in goals in bunches. I could see him going to Chelsea if Costa leaves this summer. Imagine, what he could do on a team like Chelsea with other top players all over the field. I only see it if Costa leaves obviously.

beach bum

Cameroon kept pulling slight upsets all African Cup of Nations long and won today in the final 2-1 over Egypt. Cameroon really played to win in the second half while Egypt gave up those final 2 goals playing while zero aggression. Cameroon deserved that win and finalizes the field for this summer's Confederations Cup. The groups are already set for the competition.

Group A: Russia, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal
Group B:Germany, Chile, Australia, Cameroon

-I'll take Russia & Mexico in group A, although Portugal can never be counted out with Ronaldo
-I'll take the obvious favorites Germany and Chile out of group B

-I think the final will be a rematch of group B and take Chile over Germany

1-Adam-12

Quote from: beach bum on February 04, 2017, 03:10:10 pm
Chelsea is the champ, My Liverpool is garbage. Everton is going to beat us at Anfield at this rate and Liverpool may end up as low as 7th if this continues. We all might have to start rooting for Spurs except for AW haha.

On another note Lukaku poured in 4 goals himself today.... Never been a fan of his attitude, but when he starts rolling he can pour in goals in bunches. I could see him going to Chelsea if Costa leaves this summer. Imagine, what he could do on a team like Chelsea with other top players all over the field. I only see it if Costa leaves obviously.

Chelsea is where Everton got Lukaku from, first on loan then with a permanent deal.

On another topic, Leicester is now in danger of the drop.  But that could also be said of every team 9th place and below.  I think everyone from West Brom in 8th and up can make plans for another Premier League season in 17-18.

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on February 06, 2017, 10:27:06 pm
Chelsea is where Everton got Lukaku from, first on loan then with a permanent deal.

On another topic, Leicester is now in danger of the drop.  But that could also be said of every team 9th place and below.  I think everyone from West Brom in 8th and up can make plans for another Premier League season in 17-18.

Everton honestly has been one of the most fun teams to watch the last month. I do not know what happened but all of a sudden they look practically as good as the rest of the top 4 besides Chelsea of course. They are playing on fire lately.

VHSCoach2

Arsenal finally back to the good side of a result with a 2-nil victory over Hull City this morning.

AirWarren

beach bum

Liverpool is a head scratcher of a team.... I will try to cut them some slack and they have been absent 2 of 3 their "big 3" goal scorers with Coutinho and Mane in and out. However, that being said they'll still have their usual matches where they give up 3 goals a couple more times this year before its said and done. However, they can pull out some huge wins when they want to.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: beach bum on February 07, 2017, 04:52:09 pm
Everton honestly has been one of the most fun teams to watch the last month. I do not know what happened but all of a sudden they look practically as good as the rest of the top 4 besides Chelsea of course. They are playing on fire lately.

They have two exciting new players, Tom Davies and Ademola Lookman, and both are still teenagers.  Davies is a graduate of their Academy while Lookman was bought from Championship side Charlton. 

Plus Lukaku seems like he's scoring for fun, except for today.  Credit Middlesbrough with some stingy defense.

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on February 11, 2017, 11:56:38 pm
They have two exciting new players, Tom Davies and Ademola Lookman, and both are still teenagers.  Davies is a graduate of their Academy while Lookman was bought from Championship side Charlton. 

Plus Lukaku seems like he's scoring for fun, except for today.  Credit Middlesbrough with some stingy defense.

When I saw that score I immediately thought " Oh dull old Middlesbrough"... Those 0-0 draws they have a lot might be what keeps them up though.

beach bum

Burnley plays really well at home in particular. The bulk of their points have been there. They just sunk a free kick to knot it at 1-1 with Chelsea. The weather is nasty with a wet snow/rain coming  down.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: beach bum on February 12, 2017, 08:00:19 am
Burnley plays really well at home in particular. The bulk of their points have been there. They just sunk a free kick to knot it at 1-1 with Chelsea. The weather is nasty with a wet snow/rain coming  down.

Indeed. An incredible 97% of Burnley's points this season have come at home.

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Swansea City 2-0 Leicester City

The Swans' fourth victory in their last six matches puts them 15th in the table and four points clear of relegation.  What a turnaround under Clement!  As for Leicester, they are still goalless in 2017 and are 17th in the table, only one point clear of relegation.

Longfellow

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on February 14, 2017, 03:42:20 pm
PSG beats Barcelona 4-0?!? What in the world is going on?

I literally was watching that in amazement. PSG is a world class team, but not a Barcelona level. They made Barca look slow which is amazing. Also, today Bayern Munich is wiping the floor with Arsenal and Real Madrid finally got going in the 2nd half of their Napoli game. PSG winning really has opened up this Champions League for a anyone that wants it. These next 3 months are going to be fun on Tuesdays and Wednesday's when Champions League games are played.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 12, 2017, 11:55:30 am
Swansea City 2-0 Leicester City

The Swans' fourth victory in their last six matches puts them 15th in the table and four points clear of relegation.  What a turnaround under Clement!  As for Leicester, they are still goalless in 2017 and are 17th in the table, only one point clear of relegation.

Gylfi Sigurdsson is the reason Swansea City is one of the lower Premier Leagues teams I love watching. He really could play for practically anyone and is the engine for Swansea City staying up. I hope they stay at least 17th this year.

AirWarren

Quote from: Longfellow on February 14, 2017, 03:42:20 pm
PSG beats Barcelona 4-0?!? What in the world is going on?

Was at a Mexican restaurant with my wife last night. I kept saying wow when I saw it on the tv.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on February 15, 2017, 05:00:04 pm
Was at a Mexican restaurant with my wife last night. I kept saying wow when I saw it on the tv.

Not saying Chelsea would win the Champions League, but they certainly would have been one of the 2 or 3 favorites had they qualified. That weird season last year lost them a good opportunity for this year. They could have gritted out some tough 1-0 and 1-1 games in these aggregate games in the Champions League with their style they have this year. A similar formula Atletico Madrid has used to do so well the last couple years.

AirWarren

Champions league is fun. Great matches usually.

Chelsea continues FA cup play tmrw. Square up against the wolves!

1-Adam-12

LINCOLN CITY!!!!!

The non league team goes to Burnley, where Premier League teams have had a terrible time....

AND THEY WIN!!  The first non-league team to make the quarterfinals since 1914!

That's why I love the FA Cup.  One shot is all you need!

1-Adam-12

Millwall:  "No-one likes us, we don't care..."

Leicester really doesn't like them now.  A late goal sends the Lions through against the Foxes.  So that's a non-league team and a League One team through to the quarterfinals.

Huddersfield hold Man City to a draw and Middlesbrough edges Oxford.

Chelsea hope to avoid a banana peel next against Wolves.

Lincoln City, though......

AirWarren

beach bum

Great day of FA Cup so far.... Wolves had that chance early. They will regret not getting that.

beach bum

You guys know this all too well watching soccer.... I step out of the room to go to the kitchen for some water and boom I hear the call of Pedro's goal from the hallway. Chelsea 1-0

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Leyton Orient captain, Liam Kelly, received a red card for shoving a ball boy to the turf earlier today against Plymouth Argyle. He has also received a six-match ban for the incident.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 18, 2017, 06:14:05 pm
Leyton Orient captain, Liam Kelly, received a red card for shoving a ball boy to the turf earlier today against Plymouth Argyle. He has also received a six-match ban for the incident.

Bye Felicia.... Should have doubled that suspension.

VHSCoach2

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 19, 2017, 10:32:40 am
BLACKBURN!

Early lead over Manchester United.

Beat me to it.... That was a great pass and finished in the exact spot he had to. I hope they can hold on. I think they will need another one to do so.

AirWarren

beach bum

beach bum

I will take Spurs vs. Chelsea in the final.... London will be will rocking the last Saturday in May is my prediction.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: AirWarren on February 19, 2017, 04:53:25 pm
Chelsea vs MANU.

YES.

The worst possible matchup imaginable...  :-X

At least it's in the quarterfinals and not the finals.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 19, 2017, 05:43:34 pm
The worst possible matchup imaginable...  :-X

At least it's in the quarterfinals and not the finals.

Hey at least we know Arsenal will either play Middlesbrough or Lincoln City with a win tomorrow so the Gunners should and I say should get to the semifinals. At that point we are looking at possibly Spurs, Chelsea/Man U, Man City, and Arsenal as the final 4 unless the wackiness continues which it just might.

1-Adam-12

The rest of the QF draw:

Middlesbrough vs Man City/Huddersfield Town
Spurs vs Millwall

As an aside, they have changed the rules.  No replays in the quarterfinals.  They will go straight to extra time and penalties, if necessary.

And Arsenal, should they win, definitely gets Lincoln City.

1-Adam-12

Claps for Sutton United, but it is Arsenal who advance 2-0. 

Sutton certainly did not embarrass themselves as they played hard throughout.  Arsenal had to earn their goals.  A day that will be long remembered by the patrons of Gander Green Lane.

The Sutton reserve goalkeeper is quite a story.  He's 46 years old, probably weighs close to 300.  In the bar at halftime, and eating a meat pie on the bench in the second half.  Non league football, gotta love it!

VHSCoach2

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on February 20, 2017, 04:16:01 pm
Claps for Sutton United, but it is Arsenal who advance 2-0. 

Sutton certainly did not embarrass themselves as they played hard throughout.  Arsenal had to earn their goals.  A day that will be long remembered by the patrons of Gander Green Lane.

The Sutton reserve goalkeeper is quite a story.  He's 46 years old, probably weighs close to 300.  In the bar at halftime, and eating a meat pie on the bench in the second half.  Non league football, gotta love it!

This was posted on my Facebook timeline a few weeks back:

VHSCoach2

Sutton's reserve keeper has resigned from his position due to being under investigation for insider trading...

...something to do with a bet being placed on if he would eat a meat pie on the bench during the second half of the game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas