• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to Clarendon's Richard Knox..RO

Started by MomaLion, April 06, 2015, 12:40:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaLion

Congrats to Ro on being selected to participate in the Sr All Star Arkansas vs Tennessee game during the Real Deal in the the Rock tournament.  I wasn't able to watch but I heard he had 11 points I think and 2 dunks.

Cheek

Pick_DA_EAGLES

WPWells

They probably forgot to add points to the Arkansas team's score

jbtiger73

Naw buddy, that Tennessee team, up mostly of boys from the Memphis area, dominated that game from start to finish. Of course the focus was on Arkansas signee Jimmy Whitt and Florida commit KeVaughn Allen, who both played for team Arkansas. By the way, where has Ro decided to play ball at next year?

MomaLion

12th Man, you need Jesus  :P
JB, I'm not sure where he's going. I was just proud to see him chosen to play.

Cheek

April 06, 2015, 12:21:45 pm #6 Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:25:25 pm by Cheek
I heard he may be going to Mid South in Memphis.

I have to agree, that was mean. 

WPWells

jbtiger73

Actually, mid south is in West Memphis. One of our guys from Brinkley was a freshman on that team this past year. And a couple England players are on that team also.

Lions84

BirdCall

Has anybody heard anything on where Richard Knox from Clarendon is now? Last I heard he signed and play 1 year at Shawnee Community College in Oklahoma but left after one year and not sure where he transferred to. This kid could play for real.

BigLion10

He's at Phillips in Stuttgart I believe. He QBs the flag football team there

MomaLion

He's planning to finish out his college at UAPB this fall.

Lions84

BirdCall

Why would he go to UAPB he is way more talented than that? He should pursue going to a top D2 school here in Arkansas like UAFS instead of there. UAPB gets blown out every game and the good players on there team don't get any better from all the losing and poor facilities they have. 

MomaLion

Quote from: BirdCall on June 02, 2017, 06:29:51 pm
Why would he go to UAPB he is way more talented than that? He should pursue going to a top D2 school here in Arkansas like UAFS instead of there. UAPB gets blown out every game and the good players on there team don't get any better from all the losing and poor facilities they have.
My guess would be that it's close to home.  It's not always about the athletics.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BirdCall on June 02, 2017, 06:29:51 pm

For 1, uapb did play in the play in game for the ncaa tournament a few years back. 2, it is D1, for 3, he will get to travel to places he probably never would get the chance to see if he went to one of the d2 schools. And I bet you that uapb would beat the d2 schools if they played. You get better by playing better competition. The swac has some good teams every year. My nephew had the choice between uapb and some of the instate d2 schools,  he chose uapb as well. Traveled all over the place, including Hawaii twice. He went on to play professionally in Mexico and had the chance to go yo the Dominican republic after that. Instead he chose to go back to uapb to get his master's degree and will be helping the basketball coaches. More than one of his teammates are also playing professionally overseas or were. And I don't think uafs is a d2 school pretty sure it's a junior college.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 05, 2017, 06:19:59 pm
For 1, uapb did play in the play in game for the ncaa tournament a few years back. 2, it is D1, for 3, he will get to travel to places he probably never would get the chance to see if he went to one of the d2 schools. And I bet you that uapb would beat the d2 schools if they played. You get better by playing better competition. The swac has some good teams every year. My nephew had the choice between uapb and some of the instate d2 schools,  he chose uapb as well. Traveled all over the place, including Hawaii twice. He went on to play professionally in Mexico and had the chance to go yo the Dominican republic after that. Instead he chose to go back to uapb to get his master's degree and will be helping the basketball coaches. More than one of his teammates are also playing professionally overseas or were. And I don't think uafs is a d2 school pretty sure it's a junior college.

Uafs hasn't been a juco in a while

MomaLion

Regardless, he gets to play at a D1 school and stay close to home.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

NEark tigers

Great place to go, Mr. Knox!

That is my alma mater, he will get a gret education there as well.

BirdCall

D1 isn't everything when you lose every game by 15+ ain't nobody getting better doing that idc what you say honestly and last years UAFS ream would have dogged UAPB I know for a fact they only loss to UALR by 10 and that's when UALR made the deep run the tournament and beat Purdue. I'm pretty sure they would have beat UAPB by 30+ easy just saying. There are opportunities to play overseas cause if you can play you will get the opportunity trust me. Would you rather play for a winning program with better facilities and gear that's sponsored by Nike at a D2 or would you want to play for a D1 with a poor gym and wear Russell Athletics/a losing program for the past 2 years....I am going with the D2 any day. Rather be a winner than a loser any day. I have seen him play and he has D1 skill for sure but he will need to get bigger I would hate for UAPB to play him on minutes because of his lack of size either way D1/D2 he will need to get bigger or at least stronger.

MomaLion

Ultimately Ro is the one that makes the decisions and as long as he is playing and having fun, I think he is fine wherever he plays...and most importantly he is receiving an education.

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas