• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Movies You're Ashamed To Admit You've Never Seen

Started by Busted, April 11, 2013, 08:55:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Busted

What movie(s) are you ashamed to admit that you've never seen?

I have never seen all of The Matrix films. I thought the first was a little bizarre, and just didn't make it past that one.
I have never seen Clerks, Clerks II, Dogma, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, or Mallrats. I like Kevin Smith, but some of his stuff gets on my nerves. Case in point: I HATE the show Comic Book Men. KS is okay, but it's the other guys that ruin it for me. Jersey Girl, Cop Out, and Zack & Miri were decent, not great.
I have never seen 300. I have heard it's an incredible film, and plan to watch it very soon. Just haven't made the time yet.

AirWarren

Wahls

I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies.

...I know

AirWarren

Wahls

Uncle Ivan

No longer than fifteen minutes of the original Star Wars, and none of the rest.  I found it incredibly boring.

Same applies to the Godfather series. 

Uncle Ivan

An even more interesting thread would be movies you're ashamed you have seen.

Wahls

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 12, 2013, 10:35:40 am

I've watched a barbie movie at least once. #bigbrotherproblems

DogsWin7

Quote from: Busted on April 11, 2013, 08:55:52 pm

I have never seen all of The Matrix films. I thought the first was a little bizarre, and just didn't make it past that one.
I have never seen Clerks, Clerks II, Dogma, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, or Mallrats. I like Kevin Smith, but some of his stuff gets on my nerves. Case in point: I HATE the show Comic Book Men. KS is okay, but it's the other guys that ruin it for me. Jersey Girl, Cop Out, and Zack & Miri were decent, not great.
I have never seen 300. I have heard it's an incredible film, and plan to watch it very soon. Just haven't made the time yet.
not only have I not seen those, I can add Spider-Man, Batman, Ironman, The Terminator, GreenLantern, And on and on.... I get bored easy.

sixthman

I have seen just about everything starting with the 80's. In high school I was known as the guy who knew what every movie was about. There are some older, well known movies I have not seen such as Ben Hur, The Ten Commandments, and the Godfather trilogy. There are others but that is what comes to mind.

Texarkana_Piggie

I haven't seen a lot of movies in the last about 8 years unless they were animated or kid friendly.  We used to go to the movies all the time BK.  (before kid). Now, we rarely go unless it is a kid movie.  Don't even watch them on DVD.  We are pitiful. 

DogsWin7

I have forgotten what real TV is also! LOL.  We have watched every kid movie, cartoon etc that seems like has been made.   Oh well...I have enjoyed seeing my son like certain movies.   Cars and Toy Story 3 made great gifts. :)

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Busted on April 11, 2013, 08:55:52 pm

I'll help you out with your lists below:

QuoteI have never seen all of The Matrix films. I thought the first was a little bizarre, and just didn't make it past that one.

Pretty good call.  THe other 2 Matrix movies were lots of CGI and action and pretty much zero substance.  You know how Keanu looks when he's dumbfounded?  Yeah, that's pretty much a microcosm of the plot for the rest of the Matrix series.

QuoteI have never seen Clerks, Clerks II, Dogma, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, or Mallrats. I like Kevin Smith, but some of his stuff gets on my nerves. Case in point: I HATE the show Comic Book Men. KS is okay, but it's the other guys that ruin it for me. Jersey Girl, Cop Out, and Zack & Miri were decent, not great.

Clerks and Mallrats are must-watch.  Especially Mallrats.  The humor in those movies are a comparable to something like Arrested Development - subtle in some cases with a few running gags throughout.  It's hard to explain.

QuoteI have never seen 300. I have heard it's an incredible film, and plan to watch it very soon. Just haven't made the time yet.

Being a female, you would enjoy 300.  And I'm not saying that as stereotyping.  For example, my wife is a pretty intelligent move-watcher, and all she talked about afterwards was Gerard Butler's abs.  She was impressed by all the Spartans.  Heck, I was impressed by the Spartans (no homo).  It's a pretty good escapist movie - not a whole lot of plot, but a lot of great action.

Uncle Ivan

Women liked 300 for the same reason they flocked to see Magic Mike.

Texarkana_Piggie

i have never seen schindler's list.  never saw a few good men.  i'll have to add more later when i can remember what i haven't seen! 

cuckoobird

May 31, 2013, 02:20:13 pm #15 Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:23:20 pm by cuckoobird
I would include all the ones Busted mentioned to open the thread. Those are some bad movies. I have never seen Schindler's List either. Something about it being in black and white that makes me not want to see it. Or as my son would say its grey.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: cuckoobird on May 31, 2013, 02:20:13 pm
I would include all the ones Busted mentioned to open the thread. Those are some bad movies. I have never seen Schindler's List either. Something about it being in black and white that makes me not want to see it. Or as my son would say its grey.

i have never seen any of those he listed and never really wanted to see them.  i do own copies, however, of animal house, blazing saddles, and young frankenstien.  oh and ferris bueller's day off.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on May 31, 2013, 02:28:27 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on May 31, 2013, 02:20:13 pm

i have never seen any of those he listed and never really wanted to see them.  i do own copies, however, of animal house, blazing saddles, and young frankenstien.  oh and ferris bueller's day off.
My wife loves Ferris Bueller and I can watch animal house over and over.

the green moose

The Moose also hasn't seen any of the Star Wars, or Alice in wonderland.

doober3

I've never seen any Star Trek movie and I only saw the movie Hoosiers about a year ago.  I was not going to watch Django Unchained because I have a problem with Jamie Foxx...but I rented it the other night, so glad I did, I loved it!

Texarkana_Piggie

finally saw the avengers this week.  good movie.  watched snow white and the huntsman this weekend.  meh.  not impressed.  may have been better without kristen stewart.  she has one expression...mouth open blank look.  not a fan.

the green moose

AirWarren

Romeo

Never seen any of the Lord of the Rings series.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: the green moose on June 12, 2013, 01:15:09 am
Never seen Jurassic Park.

I saw it at the movies when it first came out. Cannot watch it again.  I cannot imagine watching it in 3D. I would never make it through.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Romeo on June 12, 2013, 07:11:14 am
Never seen any of the Lord of the Rings series.
+1

Or any Harry potter either

Texarkana_Piggie

This week I have watched:
Magic Mike. Hated it!  Two hours of my life i will never get back.
Secondhand Lions: fabulous movie!  Can't wait to watch it again!
The Rainmaker:  good but not great. I do love grisham's novels.
Now You See Me:  LOVED IT!!!  Soooo good!  Totally surprising end.
Pollack:  good movie. Excellent acting.  He was a truly disturbed man. 

Busman

cuckoobird

My favorite movie is Money Ball. I can watch it over and over.

sevenof400

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 12, 2013, 01:10:11 pm
My favorite movie is Money Ball. I can watch it over and over.

While it is not my favorite movie, for some reason I'll watch repeatedly as well.  I have no idea why this is...

A guess (and it is only that) is that Money Ball was a departure from the standard Hollywood action/end of world/blow something up flick that is all too common these days. 

Lions84

None cause if I didn't go see them I don't need too now.

Hoghead

How can you call yourself an American if you've never watched "THE GODFATHER" ? I'll give you a pass on anything else. LOL !

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on December 03, 2013, 10:39:24 am
How can you call yourself an American if you've never watched "THE GODFATHER" ? I'll give you a pass on anything else. LOL !

As for Godfather III?

minerjack

Texarkana_Piggie

DogsWin7

I've never seen Safe Haven or Anchorman.   

cuckoobird

Anchorman was so bad i turned it off after 15 minutes. Will farrel just isnt my cup of tea

Uncle Ivan

The Big Lebowski

DVD is sitting on a coffee table, so that will be remedied shortly.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 12, 2014, 03:46:50 pm
The Big Lebowski

How was it?    I haven't seen that one either.....maybe I can catch up this weekend on some movies. 

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 03, 2013, 06:55:52 pm

As for Godfather III?

On the level of Rocky V.  It's the one fans of the series try to forget.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on May 15, 2014, 08:22:51 pm
The Big Lebowski

How was it?    I haven't seen that one either.....maybe I can catch up this weekend on some movies. 

Honestly, I've been too under the weather to watch it yet.  I'll get to it this weekend.

minerjack

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on May 15, 2014, 09:15:10 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 03, 2013, 06:55:52 pm

As for Godfather III?

On the level of Rocky V.  It's the one fans of the series try to forget.
True as far as similar to Rocky V. Hated that movie. I also hated The Godfather Part III. But I liked the ending.

DogsWin7

phdefense

cuckoobird

Its a great movie, or at least thats what i told my wife when i woke up as the lights came on and the credits were rolling

DogsWin7

Quote from: cuckoobird on May 20, 2014, 08:52:40 pm
Its a great movie, or at least thats what i told my wife when i woke up as the lights came on and the credits were rolling

LOL!!     You mean you wouldn't have passed a little Q and A session?    :)

I agree that some movies you just sit there wondering if they will ever end....that's usually when I leave half way through it.   I won't torture myself to finish a bad or boring movie usually. 

Uncle Ivan

The Big Lebowski

After watching it, I'm a little confused as to how this one is considered an excellent movie.  It was pedestrian, had a few laughs, zany plot, but generally boring.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas