• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iiiiiiiiit's Marching Contest Season!

Started by x14113, October 05, 2012, 10:34:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

x14113

Perhaps the most tightly-packed season of all interscholastic activities is that for marching band contests.  It's roughly covers a month and a half, but there are enough events within that timeframe to fill a year's schedule!  A few contests were last weekend, but in Arkansas, it all kicks off tomorrow!

Key marching contests for your consideration:

October 6
Cabot Invitational
Hillbilly Invitational

October 13
PIAA Showcase of Bands, WMS (?)
Dale Bumpers Invitational, Charleston

October 20
McDonald's Invitational, Paragould
Ouachita Valley Invitational, Camden Fairview

October 16, 22-23
ASBOA Regional Assessments

October 27
Arkansas Open, Pocahontas
NWA Invitational, Siloam Springs

November 3
Championship at the Rock

A full calendar can be found Here.

x14113

Muldrow, OK won the Hillbilly Invitational last week.  Charleston, the runner-up, scored highest among in-state bands.

Today, the Dale Bumpers Invitational has provided a small means for Ozark and Paris to rekindle their rivalry--the Hillbillies and Eagles went 1-2, respectively, at Alumni Field today, beating out larger and more prominent programs like Greenwood, Dardanelle, and Rogers Heritage.

bdubyab60

My son plays trumpet in a small band. the season is so crazy. Basically every saturday, somes days through the week plus your friday nights at the ballgames are booked up. i am ususally one tired band parent after the weekend.

But I wouldnt have it any other way, absolutely love going to the competitions.

x14113

I second that!

I know how many folks loathe going across the state for a HS game, but that has always been one of my favorite parts of the season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas