• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bergman Boys Job

Started by coolcatdaddy, March 20, 2012, 10:46:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

coolcatdaddy

What is the situation like there

3A-2 Fan

Quote from: coolcatdaddy on March 20, 2012, 10:46:38 am
What is the situation like there

No football and they love their basketball there.  They are a regular at state in both boys and girls.

Eagle20

What is the story with the coach and why did he leave?  How much talent is still there?

I Scout

Coach wants to go back into the class room. He was thrown into the fire 2 years ago when previous Coach was reassigned. I don't think he ever planned on staying long term and was stepping up at request of board and admin. They have talent but not enough to win that conference. Bergman fans expect to win league title every year. They may be picking up some additional players with the possibility of Lead Hill being closed, doubt that will be enough to keep up with Valley Springs and Mt. View.

wonderboys

Expectations are high, but reasonable. I don't know that Bergman has had a season with less than 20 wins since the 20th century.

reggiebushfan

20 wins isn't that great when you play 40 games!

There was a girls team from a 1A school that was 20-20 in the state tournament this year! Is that a good year or a bad year?

Basketballfan13

Quote from: reggiebushfan on March 27, 2012, 07:51:35 am

There was a girls team from a 1A school that was 20-20 in the state tournament this year! Is that a good year or a bad year?
They made it to the state tournament so you through the records out the window(def a good year). A .500 season can still be a pretty good year regardless of making state tourn. If your from a smaller classification and you play 40 games, but 15 of them are against bigger schools in tournaments and non conference games that most people would think you should lose then a .500 season can be pretty good. Depends on the expectations and situations of that particular team.

How did that 20-20 team do at state?

wonderboys

I said with less than 20 wins, for at least 13 straight years. The average over that span is probably 26 wins per season, possibly higher.

Also, if that 1A school was 20-20 just getting into the state tourney, someone should check their schedule with the AAA regulations. Typically 40 is for a very good team making a deep run into State.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: wonderboys on March 27, 2012, 11:08:13 am

I said with less than 20 wins, for at least 13 straight years. The average over that span is probably 26 wins per season, possibly higher.

Also, if that 1A school was 20-20 just getting into the state tourney, someone should check their schedule with the AAA regulations. Typically 40 is for a very good team making a deep run into State.
That is a lot of games for a school that goes out first round but not impossible. 25 game season plus 3 regular season tournaments, district, regional, first rd of state.

Bluetick

Wouldn't surprise me to see Cude from Mammoth Spring on their wish list.  Bergman supe has ties there and Cude is looking for that new state ring to get him a new zip code... 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas