• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boys Basketball Positions Open

Started by OC, March 06, 2012, 10:17:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CathywithaC

Nique20

Quote from: luvthegame on May 16, 2012, 09:13:19 am
What happened at Manila?  I just heard that the job came open, and its possibly already filled, but what happened with Bill Taylor?
------- decided 27 years was enough for now. He is going to go after a little invention of his and be successful at that - just like at basketball. I wish the Coach well and look foward too seeing his invention soon on the market.

Head Lion

John Calipari interviewed today, Bill Self is having his interview and tour tonight.  Butler Coach Brad Stevens will be in tomorrow. A replacement should be named at the board meeting Thursday or early next week.

neds

Quote from: Head Lion on May 16, 2012, 05:26:58 pm
John Calipari interviewed today, Bill Self is having his interview and tour tonight.  Butler Coach Brad Stevens will be in tomorrow. A replacement should be named at the board meeting Thursday or early next week.

A reliable source has the Asst. coach from Earle taking the job

Head Lion

That would be a good choice, but he was not selected. On Lion BB, we had 6'4" transfer that was dunking behind his head in flip-flops move in last week. He is a soph a may provide a little help the next couple of years. 

Nique20

May 16, 2012, 09:10:17 pm #55 Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:11:58 pm by Nique20
Quote from: Head Lion on May 16, 2012, 08:06:08 pm
That would be a good choice, but he was not selected. On Lion BB, we had 6'4" transfer that was dunking behind his head in flip-flops move in last week. He is a soph a may provide a little help the next couple of years.
------ I know several 6'4" guys that can dunk in flip-flops. Question is, can he play Team Basketball? I figure the Jr high Coach will move right up into the spot and take over. That's my opinion but as you all can read under my name, I am just a band nerd.

luvthegame

Whats the potential for success going to be like at Manila for the next four or five years?

Head Lion

Quote from: Nique20 on May 16, 2012, 09:10:17 pm
------ I know several 6'4" guys that can dunk in flip-flops. Question is, can he play Team Basketball? I figure the Jr high Coach will move right up into the spot and take over. That's my opinion but as you all can read under my name, I am just a band nerd.
Nique, you are somewhere besides Manila. We dont have a bunch of kids who can dunk, little on in flip-flops. As far as the long term success, we basically raturn 3 starters from a team that made it to state. One was an All-State guard and he will be a Sr., the other 2 were post players with one of them making All-Conf as a Soph. We were very competitive in Jr. Hi, good strong group of Freshman. Our 8th grade class to be honest is the probably is as bad as I have seen here, but 5th-7th grade are all good classes with bunches of kids.

Nique20

Quote from: Head Lion on May 17, 2012, 05:09:38 pm
Quote from: Nique20 on May 16, 2012, 09:10:17 pm
Nique, you are somewhere besides Manila. We dont have a bunch of kids who can dunk, little on in flip-flops. As far as the long term success, we basically raturn 3 starters from a team that made it to state. One was an All-State guard and he will be a Sr., the other 2 were post players with one of them making All-Conf as a Soph. We were very competitive in Jr. Hi, good strong group of Freshman. Our 8th grade class to be honest is the probably is as bad as I have seen here, but 5th-7th grade are all good classes with bunches of kids.
------ that's correct, I am not in Manila but rather making a point about dunking. I have seen and played with several guys that can Dunk but when the game action starts they can't move down the floor game speed. I do know that the team Manila will have will be compeitive and I know of one player that is 6'1" that can dunk and run the floor and do all that one needs to do in order to be a great team player. I watched him play out at Brookland with some other student athletes. I would say some of them are also on the Manila squad as well. I look forward to watching them this coming year and seeing what kind run they have.

luvthegame

SouthpawSensation

Hot Springs has hired Rodney Echols Jr., who was an assistant at Watson Chapel.

elvis26

:) bill taylor decided to retire after 27 years of coaching. he will be missed.

Rulesman

Quote from: elvis26 on June 01, 2012, 09:15:35 pm
:) bill taylor decided to retire after 27 years of coaching. he will be missed.
...not by most officials! ;)

Googlymoogly

Quote from: luvthegame on May 25, 2012, 05:23:23 pm
Has Viola hired a coach yet?
from what I have heard, Viola moved Bruce adams over to boys and they hired Tommy Trivitt to take over girls

Basketballfan13

Bruce Adams will do good with the boys program, where has the new girls coach coached before?

luvthegame

I'm pretty sure Tommy Coached girls at Salem for a while and possibly Oak Ridge Central.

loyal fan

b-ball fan

Did I hear Lavaca had an opening?

arkiebass

Crossett senior boys came open today. Coach Dejarnette left for Stuttgart.

loyal fan

Houston Mustang

The coach at ICC is Stu Smart. He played at Highland, graduated there in '05, went to ASU and has been the assistant boys coach for 2 years I believe and last year was his first as the head baseball coach.

Googlymoogly

Trivitt led the Salem girls to the semifinals in 1998. I think he was at Hillcrest at some point or maybe it was Twin Rivers

brown2010

rjrose

Harrison has a 8th grade boys job open if anyone is interested.

Nique20

Quote from: rjrose on July 01, 2012, 05:38:50 pm
----- I know Harrison is hosting a MAYB tourn this coming up weekend. Will Harrison have any teams playing in this tourn?

luvthegame

Quote from: Nique20 on July 01, 2012, 08:33:58 pm
Quote from: rjrose on July 01, 2012, 05:38:50 pm
----- I know Harrison is hosting a MAYB tourn this coming up weekend. Will Harrison have any teams playing in this tourn?
I read somewhere that Harrison will be playing.  So Yes.

rjrose

Yes Harrison will have teams in the MAYB tournament.

Rudehog

Michael Shook moves up and takes over as Head Boys Coach at Maumelle

Arkfballfan81

I've heard that the Dierks Boys Basketball position is open as well as the Des Arc Boys Basketball Position.  Can anybody confirm these?

NWA Hawg

Des arc is Definatly open. Not sure about Dierks.

Arkfballfan81

Anybody know if Dierks or Wickes have hired yet?  I see Centerpoint has their junior boys basketball position open, maybe that coach received the Dierks or Wickes position?

BluePride

I heard that Dierks hired a coach from Jessieville. Don't know if it is true or not.  ???

loyal fan

No Name

Quote from: BluePride on July 28, 2012, 05:11:56 am
I heard that Dierks hired a coach from Jessieville. Don't know if it is true or not.  ???

Who was it?

luvthegame

Norfork boys open again.  Cotter has a 7th grade basketball job open.

Arkfballfan81

August 06, 2012, 09:44:31 pm #85 Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:13:42 pm by Arkfballfan81
I heard the boys coach at Norfork, Alexander is his last name I believe...former Sacred Heart coach....he had been coaching those boys up there part of the summer and is now the new coach at Wickes in their last year having a team. 

Any leads on the new coach at Norfork going to be? 

Edited this because I felt it came off as me dogging administrators that didn't deserve to be dogged and names that shouldn't have been brought into it.  My apologies to all. 

luvthegame

August 06, 2012, 10:07:52 pm #86 Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:30:23 pm by luvthegame
Gonna be hard to find someone with experience this late in the summer.  Although they have shown their willingness to give newbies a chance.

Basketballfan13

Some schools don't sign contracts until school starts, but every school I've been to hand out contracts around the beginning of the summer. Most schools will let a teacher out of their contract, even if it does put them in a bad spot. I do wonder why he would leave to go to wickes for one year??? I would assume that the teacher with the most seniority would get the position at the new school they are building...and I don't remember Van-Cove hiring for a coach this summer so the seniority would go to that coach. Maybe he knows something I don't.

CoachAl84

I am the coach that was at Norfork and trust me when I say this, they treated me great. The kids and players there were great. I wish them the best of luck. I know I definitely left them in a bind and apologize for that. I didnt know the Wickes job was going to come open or I wouldnt have ever accepted the job at Norfork. I will be 15 miles from my hometown and I will make about 5k more. It was a no brainer
I hate that I left the school in a bind but with the talent they have I am sure it will be easy for them to get a quality coach. Also I was told the girls coach wanted to coach all 4 so that could be a possibility. I just wanted everyone to know it was definitely my fault for leaving and Norfork was nothing but great to me.

luvthegame

Quote from: CoachAl84 on August 06, 2012, 10:34:27 pm
I am the coach that was at Norfork and trust me when I say this, they treated me great. The kids and players there were great. I wish them the best of luck. I know I definitely left them in a bind and apologize for that. I didnt know the Wickes job was going to come open or I wouldnt have ever accepted the job at Norfork. I will be 15 miles from my hometown and I will make about 5k more. It was a no brainer
I hate that I left the school in a bind but with the talent they have I am sure it will be easy for them to get a quality coach. Also I was told the girls coach wanted to coach all 4 so that could be a possibility. I just wanted everyone to know it was definitely my fault for leaving and Norfork was nothing but great to me.

+1 for the honest post.  -1 for bailing out on Norfork.  ;D

arkiebass

Quote from: loyal fan on July 28, 2012, 06:51:17 am
Crossers still open.

No, they hired Rocky Griffith from Eureka Springs.  Seems to be a good hire considering what we were going through.  I think we are on the right track!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas