• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What makes a wide post? (Technical question)

Started by sevenof400, December 21, 2011, 06:00:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Please take a look at this link elsewhere on Fearless Friday. 

Using Safari on a Mac, the original post (and entire first page) are wider than my standard default browser page.  I'm assuming there is something about that first post that causes this. 

What is weird though is when I went to the second page, this phenomena stopped occurring.  Even though I quoted the OP from the first page in a quote box on the second page, the second page appears at the normal width. 

As someone who tries to use SMF code in their postings, I'd like to make sure I don't cause this issue when I post.  Could it have been the links in the OP that caused this?

Thanks.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 21, 2011, 06:00:04 pm
Please take a look at this link elsewhere on Fearless Friday. 

Using Safari on a Mac, the original post (and entire first page) are wider than my standard default browser page.  I'm assuming there is something about that first post that causes this. 

What is weird though is when I went to the second page, this phenomena stopped occurring.  Even though I quoted the OP from the first page in a quote box on the second page, the second page appears at the normal width. 

As someone who tries to use SMF code in their postings, I'd like to make sure I don't cause this issue when I post.  Could it have been the links in the OP that caused this?

Thanks.
The url ilnks in this post are causing it.

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=117835.msg2539809#msg2539809

The problem with those really long links. If I set the maximum width, it would break those links when it reached that maximum and bled over to a new line. It is a pain in the shorts but if you don't know how to hide the url and insert 'Click me' or something else, there's no way around it.

sevenof400

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas