• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014-2015 Cross Country/Indoor Track/Outdoor Track

Started by RATTLER43, November 27, 2011, 09:30:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

At the Whitey Smith relay carnival, Bentonville dominated the running relays..

In the field events, Brandon Workman of Rogers triple jumped 47' 8.5" and long jumped 22' 10.5"...

sevenof400

Quote from: MRPRFCT on March 29, 2014, 01:40:12 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on March 29, 2014, 10:51:56 am
I'm not sure how much of our team Vilonia will send to Russellville given that Vilonia is hosting our set of meets this same week.  7th grade (3/31), Jr High (4/1) and Sr. High (4/3).

I know. I hate that Cabot, Vilonia, and Russellville all have meets next week. I really wanted to go to Vilonia (about 15 minutes from my house).

In today's announcements, the Vilonia Sr High meet has been moved to Friday (was scheduled for Thursday). 

~WPS~

The 4A state meet has been moved to Heber Springs.

sevenof400

~WPS~

April 12, 2014, 08:02:01 pm #1354 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:05:39 pm by Ballplayer1
There was a light pole that fell at Nashville's stadium last week. The other poles are supposed to be inspected this week. I'm not sure why the meet wouldn't go on as planned if the others are fine, but they decided to go ahead and let Heber have it. And the Coca-Cola Relays in Nashville this Tuesday are still on.

~WPS~

4A state meet date has been changed also. It will now be on Tuesday, May 6th.

Caddo

Congratulations Rattler for winning the 2A Girls State Championship. It couldn't happen to a better or more deserving coach or person. Not only are you a great coach, but the work you've done on Fearless Friday through the years has been a great service to the track and cross country community.

RATTLER43

Thank you. Right back at you!   State titles in Cc and track and field!!   Very impressive. 

Softball Dave

Congrats to both Caddo & Rattlers on your seasons! We appreciate all the input you both have given us overs the years. You two are truly some of the great guys in our sport. I am glad I've gotten to know you over the years. You have definitely help Cody with the info you have given us. We wish you guys nothing but success in the future! Thanks again for everything!

Caddo

May 10, 2014, 05:45:38 pm #1359 Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 05:51:18 pm by Caddo
Thanks to both of you. I wish I could take credit for cross country but Coach Parkman and Eureka deservedly have that. Dave, your son is one of those amazing young athletes I've enjoyed watching through the years. I hope he does well in college - academically and athletically. I wish you all could have been at the Class A meet - the girls side was probably the best girls meet I've ever had the honor to watch. Trinity and Acorn were amazing - true champions fighting to the end. There was also lots of strategy and intrigue. What a meet!

RATTLER43

Thanks Dave.  Has been a great ride.  Hoping for continued success in Cody's life. 

Softball Dave

Thanks to both of you on the kind comments! He didn't finish the way he'd like to. He got sick on Sunday, got a shot on Monday, & his body didn't respond well in his races on Tuesday. He really wanted to run in the meet of champs at least once. But he's gotten over it, & now ready to focus on getting ready for college. We will really miss the high school track meets. We have really enjoyed watching all the athletes over the years, & getting to know all you guys who put so much into the sport. Good luck in the years to come & we'll keep in touch to let you know how he's doing. Thanks again!

RATTLER43

2014 All River Valley Track and Field Team

Female track Athlete of the Year  Brittney Bryan/Magazine
Female field Athlete of the Year    Mallory Ward/Mansfield

Sprints
Aaliyah Grant Southside
Serena Shores Van Buren
Kyonda Thomas Northside
Melda Adjei Northside
Leeann Ellingburg Mansfield
Brittney Bryan Magazine
Lanier Meares Southside
Brittany Lewis Southside

Mid-distance
Laurel Yeager Greenwood
Brittney Bryan Magazine
Alondra Gomez Southside
Kourtney Weeden Mansfield

Hurdles
Serena Shores Van Buren
Rachel Ray Alma
Jordan Rainwater Southside
Callie Harmon Greenwood
Vietnam Le Southside
Summer Scantling Mansfield
Audra Beneux Southside
Danielle Burr Magazine

Distance
Alondra Gomez Southside
Logan Edwards Van Buren
Sage Mackin Van Buren
Madi Chitwood Van Buren
Maria Valente Van Buren
Kaitlynn Ryan Magazine
Hailey Weathers Westside
Sabrina Espinoza Southside
Cierra Henry Cedarville
Kayla Reed Greenwood
Elks Platt Greenwood
Courtney Parrish Mansfield

Jumps
Mallory Ward Mansfield
Hannah Rankins Southside
Kennedy Lee Mansfield
Brittney Bryan Magazine
Kaylie Pyles Mansfield
Drew Jones Southside
Lindy Hignite Lamar
Rebecca Salmon Waldron
Aubrie Bailey Alma
Laurel Yeager Greenwood
Aaliyah Grant Southside
Jordan Rainwater Southside
Jayde Flake Union Christian

Throws
Tarnell Macray Southside
Maria Santillana Van Buren
Allie Vaught Booneville
Shula Lipham Waldron
Ashley Cooper Southside
Morgan Highfield Paris
Brittney Bryan Magazine
Heather Bryan Magazine
Lindsey Stamps Waldron
Bailey Gossett Van Buren
Danielle Lorenz Dardanelle
Delanie Hurt Westside

Vault
Bailey McCorkle Greenwood
Mallory Ward Mansfield
Jenna Parrish Mansfield
McKenzie Holmes Mansfield
Paden Cook Lamar
Courtney Parrish Mansfield

AT

Just a piece of information. Recently deceased celebrity Robin Williams apparently ran a 1:58 800 in high school.

http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/robin-williams-had-deep-running-roots?cid=social29610026

RATTLER43

RATTLER43

I hope you folks are ready. Indoor is getting rolling.  UCA goes to Birmingham this weekend.  Hoping the Hogs make a run.  Hoping my athletes use it as a foundation for outdoor.  Good luck and I hope training is going well.

~WPS~

I'll do my best to post updates during the indoor meet tonight.

~WPS~

Live results of the meet are on ytiming.net

Thru 3 events..
Nashville 19
Heber Springs 13
Ozark 11
Crossett 11
Mena 10
Prairie Grove 10

~WPS~

Thru 8 events

Nashville 41
Crossett 40
Heber Springs 33

~WPS~

10/14 events complete

Heber Springs 59
Crossett 48
Nashville 47

~WPS~

12/14 events complete

Crossett 67
Heber Springs 59
Nashville 53

~WPS~

Final Standings

Heber Springs 77
Crossett 67
Nashville 62

AT

jvance

Final standing for 1a-4a girls:

1) Monticello 73
2) Des Arc 71
3) Waldron 66

Kirby Smith from Des Arc was MVP with 45 pts.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: jvance on February 07, 2015, 03:24:08 pm
Final standing for 1a-4a girls:

1) Monticello 73
2) Des Arc 71
3) Waldron 66

Kirby Smith from Des Arc was MVP with 45 pts.

Kirby signed a track scholarship to attend McKendree University in Illinois, the other day.

jvance

Yeah my daughter and Kirby became friends last year at the heptathlon and have kept in touch ever since. She seems to he a very hard worker and it looks like that has paid off. She looked really good Friday night.

RATTLER43

RATTLER43

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas