• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waldron Head Coach

Started by hillbillydeluxe, November 13, 2011, 09:26:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

spoony luv

I want to know just how long that little act took to memorize?  And did the staff practice in the mirror.  that was obviously rehearsed several times.  It was kinda like I was watching a bad B movie.
  It sounds an awful lot like another motivational speech on youtube called I am a champion.

Wendell Robinson

The thing I noticed the most about the speech. YOUNG coaching staff, with fire. That is exactly what Waldron needs. Even if they didn't go with this guy, they need to follow that pattern. Just my opinion.

whippersnapper

Yeahthe pregame video was a bit cheesy but if you look up battle mountain highlight video it has coach Joyce and his team and him talking to them bout the mountain they just climbed. That clip sold me on the guy. if mena didnt already have a great coach I would say we should hire him.

Skunk Ape, Esq.

Quote from: bearcatwhippersnapper on November 16, 2011, 08:17:11 pm
Yeahthe pregame video was a bit cheesy but if you look up battle mountain highlight video it has coach Joyce and his team and him talking to them bout the mountain they just climbed. That clip sold me on the guy. if mena didnt already have a great coach I would say we should hire him.

Yes, a YouTube video is all anyone needs these days, apparently.

paraloma

I wasnt sure if they were going to fire up some D&G game or play football.

Love the passion, delivery? Not so much.

loyal fan

Lets keep this topic going.  Gotta long day in front of the computer today.  I'm not familiar with Waldron.  1 thing I don't understand is how most of the local schools in the immeadiate area have success but not Waldron.  I think (in my humble opinion) that Waldron should go after a proven winner in the lower classifications.   Lot of good coaches in South Arkansas that might want to take on the challenge.  Guess time will tell.  Good thing is its VERY early and Waldron can take their time and not make a quick decision.

whippersnapper

Well waldrons playoff record is 3-6. Haven't made the playoffs since 2003. I feel like Waldron wants to win but hasn't had a coach to really lead them there. The last coach before klatt did a decent job. Their big rival is Mansfield . A coach can go 1-9 and beat Mansfield and keep his job.

Skunk Ape, Esq.

Waldron also might be attractive to assistants in NE Texas who are really wanting their first head coaching job. Lots of good football over there too.

loyal fan

Quote from: Skunk Ape, Esq. on November 17, 2011, 10:15:55 am
Waldron also might be attractive to assistants in NE Texas who are really wanting their first head coaching job. Lots of good football over there too.
Agree

spoony luv

Gill is going to be the next Waldron coach.  Mark it down.

Sgt. Slaughter

Quote from: spoony luv on November 17, 2011, 12:49:34 pm
Gill is going to be the next Waldron coach.  Mark it down.

Not going to happen

whippersnapper

If Waldron wants to win bad enough it will. What's keeping him in Mansfield? His staff?

GreatScott

I've read and posted on high school football message boards for years, and I have never...NEVER seen anything like this.  If husky really is a coach in Colorado attempting to get a job in Arkansas through posting a youtube video of himself on a message board, then that is easily the most unprofessional attempt at getting a head coaching job that I have ever seen.  If you really are him, do you not have your hands full enough coaching a successful football team in the playoffs right now?  How do you have time to surf message boards and promote yourself like this?  You need to enjoy the kids playing for you now and enjoy your current job.  From what I've seen of you, you are extremely lucky to have that one!

husky

What have you seen of me?  It is always easy to hide behind a screen name or message board.  Do you test drive a car before buying.  Do you speak to someone before forming an opinion?  just curious, about people passing judgement, is it out of fear or stupidity.

Wendell Robinson

Don't have a problem with the guy coming on here to post a video or just say, "Hey I'm interested." College coaches have an agent that will contact other schools to let them know that they are interested in their job.(sometimes during their season) High School coaches don't have that luxury, so you get your name out there anyway you can.

So, I'm fine with the video and just letting people know in general that you are interested in the job. However, I would suggest against coming on the board and getting into arguments with people, as that will not help your cause any. That is IF "husky" is indeed Coach Joyce. Now, if you are a friend of his and you think you are doing him a favor by coming on here and talking him up, then might I suggest that you simply say, "I'm not Coach Joyce. I'm just a friend of his that would like to see him get consideration for the job." Because you aren't doing him any favors by coming on here and arguing your point with people.

As someone has previously stated, administrators do come on these boards and read, some even post. I personally know of several that do. So just think before you come in here spouting things off. And a friendly word of advice, PROOF READ! Several grammatical errors in some of your earlier posts. Probably doesn't help your cause getting into a new school system.

Example: YOU ARE is YOU'RE, YOUR means your and is possessive  ;)

ATU

Gill want get the job people want pay 4 bucks to watch his offense.

GreatScott

I haven't formed my opinion of you as a person yet.  I have formed the opinion that this is an unprofessional attempt at garnering interest for yourself for a head coach position at the Sr. High level in a state that is much more competitive than Colorado.  Any coach can video tape a rehearsed pre game speech and say, "Look at me.  This is what I have to offer."  No administrator would watch that and say, " Let's hire that guy."  Nothing at all wrong with the speech.  Just don't use that as a basis for how good of a coach you are.  I would form my opinion of your coaching ability and philosophy through contacting QUALITY references and conducting a detailed interview.  Just the same way an administrator would.  Which is why you should go that route in finding a job, and maybe stay off of the message boards arguing with people like me.   :)  Good Luck!

husky

Quote from: GreatScott on November 17, 2011, 05:29:04 pm
I haven't formed my opinion of you as a person yet.  I have formed the opinion that this is an unprofessional attempt at garnering interest for yourself for a head coach position at the Sr. High level in a state that is much more competitive than Colorado.  Any coach can video tape a rehearsed pre game speech and say, "Look at me.  This is what I have to offer."  No administrator would watch that and say, " Let's hire that guy."  Nothing at all wrong with the speech.  Just don't use that as a basis for how good of a coach you are.  I would form my opinion of your coaching ability and philosophy through contacting QUALITY references and conducting a detailed interview.  Just the same way an administrator would.  Which is why you should go that route in finding a job, and maybe stay off of the message boards arguing with people like me.   :)  Good Luck!
[/

Colorado has better football.  I've been a part of both.  Colorado has 5 million people.  So there are more schools, but don't mistake the quality because it is more spread out.  Valor this year is unbelievable, and Mullen last year was best high school team I've EVER seen, count their d1's over past 4 years.  Competition does not mean quality.  I.e. Cedarville vs Waldron 2011.  So if u mean Arkansas is more competitive, maybe, quality...sorry your wrong.

And posting a video is not an application for a job, it is a feeler of a community.  Obviously, if the haters are from Waldron that says something to why they struggle.  And a sup I want to work for, would rather have someone who goes all in, not a politically correct cautious coach. 

loyal fan

Dude the more you post the less credibility you have.  Good coaches don't waste their time arguing on Fearless Friday.   This does provide some relief to my otherwise boring day.  Best of luck with your search. 

Wendell Robinson

What D1 schools are they signing with? Colorado? They certainly are a powerhouse. Colorado State? Stellar program. Air Force? I'll give you that one and would never bash a kid for choosing a service academy, plus they are the best D1 program in the state.

You probably wouldn't know just how good Arkansas high school football is because you have been gone for 4 years at least. I spent 5 years away from Arkansas while I was in the military. Saw high school football played in 2 different states. I am amazed at how much better Arkansas high school football is now compared to when I left. The explosion of team and 7-on-7 camps has enhanced it. The addition of spring practices starting in 2001. Programs are on the rise and so is the quality of football. Especially among the smaller schools, which is who has benefited the most from all the new local camps and extra practices.

husky

You are seriously knocking Mullen, Valor, Columbine.  Do some research.  Mullen gave up all of 84 points all of last year, and had a 34 game win streak, and during one year of that stretch had 7 D1's on defense alone, I don't care where they go, D1 is D1, 5A here has schools that go up to 3,500 students.  Plus, Denver metro alone has 2.5 million people, that is the whole state of Arkansas. 

This is a down year for Mullen, and their QB is going to Washington.  I'm not saying Arkansas doesnt have some good teams, but the competition level as a whole is lower, for example, over half the teams in the state get into the playoffs.  Here, in 3A for example, 16 of the 51 teams get in, and it is based on wildcard points, not conference finish.  So the 16 that get in are dang good.

4A/5A have a week 10 play-in system, to determine the top 16, now your talking bout really good football. 

I get it, when I was in arkansas, I thought the same thing, until I got here, most coaches here have already went through the 'spread phase' and moved on if they weren't true believers.  Back home, most coaches can't get a job unless their a spread guy.  look at Gill, guy applies everywhere, why?  He only has done more at Mansfield than anyone, and he's not worthy, right. 

Sgt. Slaughter

Quote from: bearcatwhippersnapper on November 17, 2011, 01:55:13 pm
If Waldron wants to win bad enough it will. What's keeping him in Mansfield? His staff?

Mansfield is fixing to be good for a while.  They got some talent coming.  Why leave something you built to go fix a program that has been broken for a very long time.

GeorgeWBush

Quote from: ATU on November 17, 2011, 04:38:58 pm

English please.

georgef22

I hope Waldron tries to hire Ricky May. Being an 89 grad from Waldron I am sick and tired of mediocrety. I am ready for a winning football program and I believe given a chance, and if he wants the job, he could do just that!

Wendell Robinson

You're talking to the biggest opponent to Arkansas's playoff system. It's the biggest joke there is in my opinion. I'd be fine with 16 teams at most getting in. The problem isn't in the small schools, it's the joke that is 7A and 6A. Colorado has more people than Arkansas, I get that. Which allows them to produce more D1 talent than The Natural State. Doesn't mean the brand of football is any better though. That's my only argument to the whole thing.

And for the record, I believe that if you look around the whole country. Not just high school, the running/option game will make a comeback sooner rather than later. Just look at what Denver is doing in the NFL right now. Winning with the straight up triple option.

husky

They need to combine 6A/7A, it is a joke people complain about enrollment numbers,

Battle Mountian 675students= 3A
Palisade-1145= 3A

3a in colorado is 600-1200 students

1641 and up is 5A here, Cherry Creek has 3500 students, and you got teams pissing and moaning in 6A cause there having to play 7A schedule in arkansas.  It is like giving everyone on the team a participation award. 

As far as brand of football, it should come full circle, hopefully, i mean, what is the all-time scoring offense in the history of high school football, THE DOUBLE WING. 

foxhole1220

November 21, 2011, 09:16:47 am #76 Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:19:49 am by foxhole1220

And that right there folks is why Waldron will never be successful.  Let's hire a guy that will put butts in the stands not a guy who will bring wins to program. Not that Gill would consider going to Waldron or if he did even win. But that probably has to be the dumbest statement I have ever heard. But I understand you are being honest and its probably the truth. So all I can say is I hope you get that new field paid for and continue your success being everyone's homecoming game.

loyal fan

I'm sure the new fb stadium will  attract some good guys.  Do the dogs also have a new field house/weightroom?

Skunk Ape, Esq.

Whoever the next head coach is, I hope he makes a really snazzy video. One that shows him yelling at the fish on Lake Hinkle, or intimidating deer south of Cauthron.

Would make a believer out of me, that's for sure.

Wendell Robinson

Don't let the fish in Lake Hinkle fool you! They are mean, probably the best athletes in Scott County!

Skunk Ape, Esq.

This thread has quieted down, and it showed such early promise.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Skunk Ape, Esq. on November 21, 2011, 06:53:35 pm
This thread has quieted down, and it showed such early promise.
Youtube videos take time to make.

Wendell Robinson

And rehearsal time for speeches

Bigbossman

The best part is as your watching it thinking, where is this dude going with this. Then you think is that music i hear? Then people start popping up sounding off like pledges at a frat. Its almost as if they were going for an emmy.

Hoghead

May I suggest a one Harv Welch ?

Skunk Ape, Esq.

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 21, 2011, 09:52:43 pm
The best part is as your watching it thinking, where is this dude going with this. Then you think is that music i hear? Then people start popping up sounding off like pledges at a frat. Its almost as if they were going for an emmy.

Or someone has watched Any Given Sunday one too many times...

"We claw with our FINGERNAILS for that inch!!!"

loyal fan

Can anyone post some pics of the new stadium?  Haven't had chance to see it yet.

GeorgeWBush

If Rick Jones has any balls at all, he will take this job.

GeorgeWBush

Quote from: husky on November 18, 2011, 12:30:59 pm
They need to combine 6A/7A, it is a joke people complain about enrollment numbers,

Palisade-1145= 3A
1641 and up is 5A here, Cherry Creek has 3500 students, and you got teams pissing and moaning in 6A cause there having to play 7A schedule in arkansas.

So you're saying that in Colorado the largest classification goes from 1641-3500 students?  That's barely over 2.1 times as big.  Not as big as if you combined 6A-7A and had teams like Searcy just over 800 playing Bentonville who has over 2500.  That's 3.1 times as big.  HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Wendell Robinson

Don't try to make sense on here Mr. President. You know that won't get you anything except for a good scolding.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: foxhole1220 on November 21, 2011, 09:16:47 am

And that right there folks is why Waldron will never be successful.  Let's hire a guy that will put butts in the stands not a guy who will bring wins to program. Not that Gill would consider going to Waldron or if he did even win. But that probably has to be the dumbest statement I have ever heard. But I understand you are being honest and its probably the truth. So all I can say is I hope you get that new field paid for and continue your success being everyone's homecoming game.
Gill wins, period. Start winning and the butts will be in the stands...Mansfield is proof of that. Gill had a down year this year, but next year will be better. And after that for 3 years we will be lights out. But I do believe that Gill will take a hard look at the Waldron job, and I know for a fact they are gonna come after him...and I couldn't blame him if he left. Sheeeeesh, it will be hard for me to wear Black and Orange...lol...

husky

Quote from: GeorgeWBush on November 22, 2011, 09:58:50 am

Palisade-1145= 3A
1641 and up is 5A here, Cherry Creek has 3500 students, and you got teams pissing and moaning in 6A cause there having to play 7A schedule in arkansas.

So you're saying that in Colorado the largest classification goes from 1641-3500 students?  That's barely over 2.1 times as big.  Not as big as if you combined 6A-7A and had teams like Searcy just over 800 playing Bentonville who has over 2500.  That's 3.1 times as big.  HUGE DIFFERENCE.

4A/5A in CO has over 90 teams so yes it's not the same, here combine 6A/7A and it up to what 32.

Skunk Ape, Esq.

Quote from: husky on November 22, 2011, 10:31:14 am
4A/5A in CO has over 90 teams so yes it's not the same, here combine 6A/7A and it up to what 32.

He's talking about the numbers discrepancy NOT the total number of teams.

GeorgeWBush

Quote from: husky on November 22, 2011, 10:31:14 am
Quote from: GeorgeWBush on November 22, 2011, 09:58:50 am

Palisade-1145= 3A

And Colorado has 3 times the population so yes it is the same.

Arkansas is in a unique situation.  Large high schools with a small state population.  That isn't normal and so neither should their class breakdown (2A-7A).

Waldog

Klatt's resignation went official Monday night at the school board meeting. Tried to find a link to the job posting but I couldn't find one yet.

I'll see what I can do about putting up some pictures of the facility.

Yak

Just curious....after watching the video....did your team defeat the opponent?

husky

What u mean that was 3rd take.

Yeah, we beat our rival for 1st time in 12 years.

I guess I should've posted Tebows pep talk to the team, that would've been acceptable.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: husky on November 23, 2011, 07:07:12 pm
What u mean that was 3rd take.

Yeah, we beat our rival for 1st time in 12 years.

I guess I should've posted Tebows pep talk to the team, that would've been acceptable.
How would that impress people and make them want you to come coach at their school???

husky

Your right, how could I forget.  That is the norm for most coaches, having Heisman winner give pep talk.  Man, I'm off my game.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: husky on November 24, 2011, 10:06:40 am
Your right, how could I forget.  That is the norm for most coaches, having Heisman winner give pep talk.  Man, I'm off my game.
Quit getting so defensive and answer the question.  How does Tim Tebow coming to your school and talking to your team make you a better coach and make you a more attractive hire than coaches that are currently here?  Wow.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas