• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel / Star City / Forrest City Scrimmage

Started by hogwild_82, August 27, 2014, 10:16:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwild_82

Was it me or did Chapel look really bad last night?

CounterPunch

Athletically they looked great, being organized not so much.

Lionheart88

How did Star City look?  I root for any bulldogs when Chapel's the other team. :)

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Why was Star City brought into this thing? How did WC lack organization?

GuvHog

zebrafan

Who is the defensive coordinator at WC now? Saw where McCready is at LR Fair now.

AirWarren

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on August 28, 2014, 01:48:21 pm

They are scary.

CounterPunch

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on August 28, 2014, 01:48:21 pm
Bauxite new coach refused to play Star City so SC alum Jared Dutton offered to let Star City play in the Jamboree. To me it looked like WC was just out of whack and couldn't figure out what type of offense they want to run. But it was a scrimmage and I'm sure they were trying everything.

CounterPunch

GuvHog

I spoke with 3 different people who attended the scrimmage, one was from Star City. They told me that not only could WC not score any offensive points on either Star City or Forrest City defenses, the Star city and Forrest City offenses couldn't score on WC's defense either. WC's defense did score twice on Forrest City turnovers though. Granted WC's offense needs work but the WC defense as usual is rock solid.

CounterPunch

Quote from: GuvHog on August 29, 2014, 12:11:17 pm
I spoke with 3 different people who attended the scrimmage, one was from Star City. They told me that not only could WC not score any offensive points on either Star City or Forrest City defenses, the Star city and Forrest City offenses couldn't score on WC's defense either. WC's defense did score twice on Forrest City turnovers though. Granted WC's offense needs work but the WC defense as usual is rock solid.
Star City had two drives against Watson Chapel with starters playing. Star City scored a touchdown on both drives. One drive was 75 yards and the other 55 yards. Starters were pulled after that. Forrest City also scored pretty much at will on WC. So, therefore both Star city and Forrest City could score on WC's defense. So whoever gave you info had no clue what was going on in the scrimmages.

AirWarren

hogwild_82

Quote from: CounterPunch on August 29, 2014, 01:42:54 pm
Star City had two drives against Watson Chapel with starters playing. Star City scored a touchdown on both drives. One drive was 75 yards and the other 55 yards. Starters were pulled after that. Forrest City also scored pretty much at will on WC. So, therefore both Star city and Forrest City could score on WC's defense. So whoever gave you info had no clue what was going on in the scrimmages.

I believe we saw the same thing. Star City moved the ball at will against the defense when the starters were in! Star City and Forrest City starting defenses help Chapel in check all night. WC defense wasn't the reason Forrest City didn't score the drives they didn't score. Star City and Forrest City dominated WC. The only score that WC had against Forrest City was a pick six on the back up QB and a late fumble by WC that their receiver recovered for a touchdown against a group of non-starters on Forrest City defense.

Jimbo Morphis

wrong again.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on August 29, 2014, 03:11:32 pm
wrong again.

He said KJ was an Alabama lock on HV.

CounterPunch

GuvHog

Quote from: AirWarren on August 29, 2014, 03:45:19 pm
wrong again.

He said KJ was an Alabama lock on HV.

No, I made no comment about KJ at all.

GuvHog

wrong again.

Naw, I'll take the word of people I know and trust rather than the word of 2 FF posters that enjoy taking pot shots at WC.

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on August 29, 2014, 04:50:40 pm
wrong again.

Naw, I'll take the word of people I know and trust rather than the word of 2 FF posters that enjoy taking pot shots at WC.
You need to "know and trust" new people then. 

Big Fan

Also, be advised they are not taking "pot shots" at WC, they are taking "pot shots " at you.  However, you are too slow to pick up on this fact.  lol

Hoghead

Quote from: GuvHog on August 29, 2014, 04:50:40 pm
wrong again.

Translation........ I don't care what you saw. My WC Homers wouldn't lie to me !!!

GuvHog

Quote from: Big Fan on August 29, 2014, 07:40:05 pm
Also, be advised they are not taking "pot shots" at WC, they are taking "pot shots " at you.  However, you are too slow to pick up on this fact.  lol

I don't see why, I've been very low profile on WC this year.

BTW, I was kidding about the "know and trust" thing, I actually do believe what the 2 posters said. Being under a new coach, it will likely take a while for the players to adjust. I'd hoped that wouldn't be the case but apparently it is.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas