• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I guess I'm lost. What makes Wynne any more better this year than last year? What's the hype?

Started by 4thandgoal, August 24, 2014, 09:45:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

4thandgoal

Someone explain to me why everyone is riding with Wynne this year? I'm not saying that they want be good, but I need some clarity on all the hype around this team.

Jacketalum07

Several returning starters, d1 qb, one of the best receivers in the state that moved from qb position. Went all state as a sophomore receiver, all state as a junior quarterback, and will be all state as a senior receiver this yr. heck of an athlete!! We also have a junior running back that almost broke deangelo wiliams rushing record last yea that's coming back bigger, faster, and stronger. Oh yeah, the defense looks awesome this year also. They have the total package this year!

Go Postal

I voted for Wynne.  But the problem is that everyone will be trying to beat Wynne.  From new teams to old teams.  Conference and playoffs.  Should be entertaining.

walkingguy72396

Wynne basically returns an entire starting line-up that lost 3 games.  1 game to East Champ Batesville, 1 game to South CO-Champ Hope. 1 game by 1 point to honestly a less than stellar Marion team by trying for 2 for the win. 

Plus the whole D1 QB, 1000 yard plus rusher and the QB moving back to reciever that just catches pretty much every pass that is thrown his way.

Hoghead

Like most have said they have a ton of guys coming back.  Now do they have any depth ? Their Qb last year was knocked out of the Hope game with a injury. It was 21-0 after that. But this is a new year ! They have new turf at the Trailer Park Stadium now and that Wynne Tradition in winning is back after the Schempert Science project gone bad.

The 5A East is a bacon & ham sandwich grease slide conference schedule until Wynne and Batesville meet for the title. So basicly Wynne should be #1 in 5A entering the season as they are ranked. Now No Punt Tech (Pulaski Academy) is sitting here thinking, yea let Wynne wear that #1 target. We'll just slowly onside kick the 5A Central to sleep and reep the benifits of being #2.

As the 5A West tries to figure out whose really in their conference. Greenbrier and Morrilton should be able to decide who the champ might be. Can either win the 5A Title ? Who knows ? No one saw the 5A Champ Morrilton coming last year !

The 5A South has a lot of simular teams in it's top 4 of Camden Fairview, WC, WH and Hope. Any of those 4 can win the South. The other 4 are egar to spring a upset somewhere. Can any of the Top 4 win a State Title ? perhaps ? But Wynne and PA say no !

In a nutshell it's Wynne's 5A Title to win. If they lose it (They will) Oh well, it's always next year. Good luck to everybody ! Let's kick this puppy off already !!!!!!!

The_Pioneer

MoTownDog

They are in the weakest conference in the state not counting Batesville.  So they will shine until they have to play somebody in the second round of the playoffs.  Then it will all come crashing down around them.

The_Pioneer

MoTownDog

Quote from: The_Pioneer on August 25, 2014, 03:52:22 pm
Batesville is the East, right?  So you kinda have to count them.

I predict Batesville will be their only lose in the regular season.

MoTownDog

btownbomber

Quote from: MoTownDog on August 25, 2014, 03:47:49 pm
They are in the weakest conference in the state not counting Batesville.  So they will shine until they have to play somebody in the second round of the playoffs.  Then it will all come crashing down around them.
That's how the lEAST has been the last 10 years at least. Wynne or Batesville, then a big step down. And for a couple of years only one of those have been decent. Pretty much a cake walk. Pgould, Bly, Tech, Nettleton....GEEZ!

The_Pioneer

tmycjy

I think wynne is one of the few school who didn't lose any player from last year

morriltondevildog

Uncle Ivan

They are in the weakest conference in the state not counting Batesville.

Wynne doesn't play in the Central.

Or the West.

walkingguy72396

You all should be happy that you get to beat up on the Easts 3 and 4 seeds.

How many 3 and 4 seeds won play-off games last season?

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 25, 2014, 10:24:29 pm

Or the West.

Regardless, it is a soup sandwich conference. You guys and Batesville should never lose that thing. OH MY BAD.....YOU DONT EVER LOSE IT !!!.  What ? In the past 10 years I think only Helena & FC won the 5A East other than Wynne and Batesville. It got so bad up there that Wynne even lost to GCT one year !  PUKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The 5A East is a wet paper bag conference.

Hoghead

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on August 25, 2014, 10:32:11 pm
You all should be happy that you get to beat up on the Easts 3 and 4 seeds.

How many 3 and 4 seeds won play-off games last season?

How many 4 seeds ever win a playoff game ? I do remember JA Fair of all people as 4 seed from the 5A SW beating a #1 Seed Monticello some years back. It was funny as all get out on here ! The Monticello folks just stopped posting. Then the 5A West used to brag about their 4 seed was the toughest always in the State. They would lose all the time. Somebody else pulled it off too.

kwwolves2012

Quote from: Hoghead on August 25, 2014, 11:49:44 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 25, 2014, 10:24:29 pm

Or the West.

Regardless, it is a soup sandwich conference. You guys and Batesville should never lose that thing. OH MY BAD.....YOU DONT EVER LOSE IT !!!.  What ? In the past 10 years I think only Helena & FC won the 5A East other than Wynne and Batesville. It got so bad up there that Wynne even lost to GCT one year !  PUKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The 5A East is a wet paper bag conference.

The loss at GCT (several years ago) was a complete scam. I was there. GCT purposefully pummeled Wynne players after the whistle blew. The refs looked the other way. They knocked out our starting and backup QB on late hits out of bounds. The clock operator repeatedly bled 5 to 10 seconds off at every chance when Wynne made their comeback. As far as I'm concerned, that game at GCT never happened. Look at every other time they played in the last few years. The East is not the best conference, but it's also definitely not the worst. Wynne and Batesville always take the conference, but Forrest City is no pushover either. They always play hard.

Hoghead

^^^^^^This is what I love about Wynne when they lose. The excuse matrix is thick and used heavily. ^^^

The Future

There are 2 reasons why most have Wynne picked to win it all.
1. They have been on a slow improvement for a good while. They are finally towards the top enough to be considered a title contender. They are a very good team.
2. The quality of opponents. Well I should say the lack of quality. No more Greenwood or Alma. Camden won't be a 12 win team ( at least not this year). Batesville is great but can't get over the hump. PA always fails to meet expectations. Who else is there? There are several very good teams in 5A, but none that are head and shoulders better than the rest and are a shoe in for state. I've said before your final 4 will be Wynne, Batesville, PA, and Hope. Wynne over the last few years has been improving. Batesville has been a consistent power, just falls in the end. PA's glory days are over. Hope is gonna prove if last year was a one time hit or not. Looking at the last few years of consistency, Wynne has it won. But we all know anything can happen. Wynne over either Batesville or PA at the Rock.

playmaker04

don't get to chirpy just because Motown finally won one. Sun shines on a dogs arse every now and then. Wynne would be ranked number 1 this year regardless of what conference their in. They were chosen number 1 because they are expected to beat the best of all 4 conferences not just their own.

playmaker04

The west has fallen so far since the loss of greenwood and alma their the weakest. Morrilton has 3 starters back but picked to win the west.

MoTownDog

Quote from: playmaker04 on August 26, 2014, 10:16:10 am
The west has fallen so far since the loss of greenwood and alma their the weakest. Morrilton has 3 starters back but picked to win the west.

Only 3 starters returning?  Then were are going to have to move about 8 back down to second team.  Or maybe our new quarterback with 4.4 speed, O-Line with an average weight of 305 lbs and our returning running back (not listed in the above quote) may be a reason why we are picked to win the conference.

Hoghead

Quote from: playmaker04 on August 26, 2014, 10:06:42 am
don't get to chirpy just because Motown finally won one. Sun shines on a dogs arse every now and then. Wynne would be ranked number 1 this year regardless of what conference their in. They were chosen number 1 because they are expected to beat the best of all 4 conferences not just their own.

21-0....

MoTownDog

Quote from: Hoghead on August 26, 2014, 11:17:30 am

21-0....

I'm guessing they just donated more money than PA to Hootens this year.

playmaker04

21-0....
I'm glad you finally have something to feel good about hoghead. That win, a 30-2 loss to greenwood in title game and the 2 championships you claim y'all won back in 1876 and 77 during civil war days. I guess that's why I can't even find any record of it. Lol

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: The Future on August 26, 2014, 09:21:05 am
PA's glory days are over.
Isn't that like saying Greenwood's glory days are over?  Departures of head coaches will be the only thing that will affect Greenwood and PA.

When I left, the 6th and 7th grade classes were the most talented back to back classes we have had since I got there in 2002.  They are now 9th and 10th graders.  I could be wrong, but I think the 9th graders have not lost a game...ever (including 5th & 6th grade).  I think this year may be the best year to beat PA for a while, but you may have to score 60 to do it.  They will be breaking in a new QB next year, but he is very talented and will have a lot of support around him.

Hoghead

Quote from: playmaker04 on August 26, 2014, 12:20:39 pm

21-0....
I'm glad you finally have something to feel good about hoghead. That win, a 30-2 loss to greenwood in title game and the 2 championships you claim y'all won back in 1876 and 77 during civil war days. I guess that's why I can't even find any record of it. Lol
I'm glad you're upset. 21-0.... Oh as for Hope's two titles in 58 &63, they're documented. FF has one of them noted.  The 1958 Squad was undefeated and the AP crowned them as Champs back then. You need to document that. 17-14 was the score that kept you out of the 2000 Title game. Still hurts dont it ? Just like 21-0 does.

playmaker04

Quote from: Hoghead on August 26, 2014, 02:03:56 pm
Quote from: playmaker04 on August 26, 2014, 12:20:39 pm

21-0....
I'm glad you're upset. 21-0.... Oh as for Hope's two titles in 58 &63, they're documented. FF has one of them noted.  The 1958 Squad was undefeated and the AP crowned them as Champs back then. You need to document that. 17-14 was the score that kept you out of the 2000 Title game. Still hurts dont it ? Just like 21-0 does.
OK ff has you with 1 state championship in 63. Nothing about 58. And the 11-19 playoff record is impressive!

Hoghead

^^^^^^^^ Playmaker 04, Hope has more playoff wins at 11 than anyone else in your Conference besides Wynne and Batesville. As a matter of fact Hope has more playoff wins at 11 than Blytheville, FC, GCT, and Paragould combined !!! So 11 Playoff wins isnt that bad considering how the rest of the 5A East is horrible. 21-0..

Go Postal

I like Wynne.  I think that they will do fine this year.  But let me do a little recall from last year and some speculation in the season from a West perpective...

Last year, East played West in the first round.

State Runner-up Batesville dominated Greenbrier, but I will leave it up to pantherblue or The Pioneer to give any insights of that game.  Though Greenbrier did have a high powered Offense during conference.  Smashmouth Batesville was better.

Wynne beat a battered SC.  The Saints got there due to Shimmer, who got hurt during the conference season.  I watched this game and though I saw a lot of potential in the Yellow Jackets, I still think that IF Greenbrier or even Harrison played them in the first round, I think that the West would have won.

Motown and Alma playing the East, nuff said.

jump to the semis/final...
Smashmouth teams, East Batesville and West Alma.  Great game.  East moves on.
Motown wins the semis and the West moves on.
Devil Dogs gets the "Rock" trophy in a long time, Pioneers get the State Runner-up in the 5A out of 32 teams for a third year.  Both Great Accomplishments.

This season speculation for the first round...
Question.  I have looked yet, but are the East and West playing first round again?

Anyway let's say they do...
East Conference:  Batesville and Wynne should once again make the 1st or 2nd seed.
West Conference:  Alma gone.  SC gone.  Huntsville gone.  LRCA in.  Maumelle in.  Farmington in.  Clarksville, Greenbrier, Harrison and Vilonia still in the West.  A chance for every West team to make the playoffs.

For preseason speculation let's say State Champs Motown (lost some good starters) and Greenbrier  (still have a lot of starters) are the 1st or 2nd seed.

Then that means that it is a good chance that Vilonia (had a lot of players stepping up last year), LRCA (not sure) or Harrison (still have a lot of starters) could be 3rd or 4th seed.  So that Batesville or Wynne will play them in the first round.
As our friend from Wynne says, "We will see".  It should be a interesting year...

playmaker04

Quote from: Hoghead on August 26, 2014, 03:18:42 pm
^^^^^^^^ Playmaker 04, Hope has more playoff wins at 11 than anyone else in your Conference besides Wynne and Batesville. As a matter of fact Hope has more playoff wins at 11 than Blytheville, FC, GCT, and Paragould combined !!! So 11 Playoff wins isnt that bad considering how the rest of the 5A East is horrible. 21-0..
wrong again hoghead. Blytheville has won 7 state championships. 34 35 36 40 41 48 and 50. But the point is Wynne fans aren't worried about what happened last year or what the rest of the conference does. Were picked number 1 preseason because of what we have back and success from last season. So worry about this season not last year.

Big Fan

Quote from: Hoghead on August 26, 2014, 02:03:56 pm
Hope's two titles in 58 &63, they're documented. [/quote]

Seriously????  lol  I was alive for one of them, but don't remember it...lol.   

Hoghead

Quote from: playmaker04 on August 26, 2014, 10:38:28 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on August 26, 2014, 03:18:42 pm
wrong again hoghead. Blytheville has won 7 state championships. 34 35 36 40 41 48 and 50. But the point is Wynne fans aren't worried about what happened last year or what the rest of the conference does. Were picked number 1 preseason because of what we have back and success from last season. So worry about this season not last year.
YOU CAN'T READ !!!!!    I know Blytheville has 7 titles. How many playoff games have they won ?   Hope has more playoff wins than half of your conference. Read son, read !!!! Blytheville won those in single game formats in the 30's.  Arkansas started a playoff format in 1969. Did I not state Wynne was picked #1 because of what they have coming back ? Did I not pick Wynne to win it all ? Is Wynne not my #1 team in the Super 6 ?  ARE YOU SLOW ?  Blytheville has a 2-17 playoff record !!!!!   Im right, and you sir are dead wrong ! Paragould has 1 playoff win, GCT has 1 playoff win, FC has a 1-16 playoff record, Valley View has won 4 playoff games. 5 Schools in the 5A East have won less playoff games than Hope combined.  Do you understand me now ? Hope has 11 wins to your 5 schools combined 9 wins.

playmaker04

Son? Boy you better watch yourself. The only one missing a few brain cells is hoghead from hope. I didn't figure you knew blytheville won state because your not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Hoghead

Quote from: playmaker04 on August 27, 2014, 05:59:44 am
Son? Boy you better watch yourself. The only one missing a few brain cells is hoghead from hope. I didn't figure you knew blytheville won state because your not the sharpest tool in the shed.

You might want to look at your post here. You're looking real dumb !  blytheville ? hope ? Capitalization has its place in punctuation of the English language. Good luck to Wynne this year !

Hoghead

Quote from: playmaker04 on August 27, 2014, 11:08:15 pm
Good comeback idiot

Hat's off to the guy (PLAYMAKER04)  who can't read......Hee Hee ! Thanks for the compliment.

justalionfan

Hoghead is the Hope version of Uncle Ivan. You all bite his line everytime he throws it...  ;D I just sit back and watch. lol

playmaker04

You're right. I don't know what I was thinking trying to reason with this arse clown.

FalconSwallowingHornet

Hickingbotham's group of Jacksonville's team could very well give Wynne a lot of fits. Practice is showing a lot of promise at Jan Crow. It is disappointing Jacksonville did not have a benefit game this year; would've helped gauge where the team is exactly at on the measuring stick.

Meanwhile,  good luck to Wynne and Jacksonville!

FD4

All I will say is this, Your gonna have to be on your best with some help to beat Wynne.  Best defense in years.  Quick, physical, disciplined, depth.  Junior RB rushed for copious yards last season.  QB commited to Cincinatti, is one of the top rated in the state, back up QB is solid, and could press the All State Senior from last season if need be. Fast recievers, solid O line, big tight end, good special teams. 

Bottom line.  Wynne is the only team out there to beat Wynne, you know what I mean.  Afterall, the coaches and fans cant play the game for them, and in my case thank goodness for that.  Last, Wynne is undefeated in Little Rock at War Memorial! Who else is? We are 3 and 0 baby! We are locked and loaded, sights set.

Oh, Wynne's defense did something on the order of holding Searcy to less than 40 yards of offense.  Wynne zapped 49 points on offense in like a couple quarters Tuesday night. Just sayin.

justalionfan

So who is the back up QB? Is it the back up QB the same kid that started at QB last year or is it the QB that transfer in from WM Christian?

Hoghead

Quote from: FD4 on August 29, 2014, 11:04:59 am
All I will say is this, Your gonna have to be on your best with some help to beat Wynne.  Best defense in years.  Quick, physical, disciplined, depth.  Junior RB rushed for copious yards last season.  QB commited to Cincinatti, is one of the top rated in the state, back up QB is solid, and could press the All State Senior from last season if need be. Fast recievers, solid O line, big tight end, good special teams. 

Bottom line.  Wynne is the only team out there to beat Wynne, you know what I mean.  Afterall, the coaches and fans cant play the game for them, and in my case thank goodness for that.  Last, Wynne is undefeated in Little Rock at War Memorial! Who else is? We are 3 and 0 baby! We are locked and loaded, sights set.

Oh, Wynne's defense did something on the order of holding Searcy to less than 40 yards of offense.  Wynne zapped 49 points on offense in like a couple quarters Tuesday night. Just sayin.
Quote from: FD4 on August 29, 2014, 11:04:59 am

Yawn.......it was Searcy ?    The last GAME this on a mission Wynne team played they were shutout 21-0. I agree that Wynne should win 5A this year. But come playoff time will they be able to handle the pressure of a close game ? After blowing out at least 5 of 7 5A East teams can they handle the teams who stand up to them ?
21-0

Silver88

Quote from: Go Postal on August 24, 2014, 10:55:20 pm
I voted for Wynne.  But the problem is that everyone will be trying to beat Wynne.  From new teams to old teams.  Conference and playoffs.  Should be entertaining.

The appropriate word in this post is "trying". When everyone has a bullseye on your back it only serves as motivation. Just what a tradition rich school wants, it's what the live on.

Go Postal

Quote from: Silver88 on August 29, 2014, 06:37:23 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on August 24, 2014, 10:55:20 pm

The appropriate word in this post is "trying". When everyone has a bullseye on your back it only serves as motivation. Just what a tradition rich school wants, it's what the live on.
Go Wynne!  Except when the play a West team or the Goblins.  I posted this years ago when we played another Yellow Jacket team.

LOL!

But I'm rooting for you guys other than as other aforementioned West teams above.  Go Yellowjackets!

Intelligentsia

Wynne is the team to beat though Batesville has the offensive talent to make things interesting when they face the Jackets this fall.  In will pit the Pioneer receivers with any team in the state, combined with a very talented QB and enough running backs to keep the opponents defense honest.  The Batesville secondary defense is the best in three years and the total kicking game will match any team in the state.  The question is, will their line play enable the specialty players to make the big plays?  Only time will tell:)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas